Are Jehovah's witnesses real Christians?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angel Faith

Nov 17, 2022
Left Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
JW,s do not condone Paedophiles. They council the parents to go to the police.
Roman church priests make headInes when arrested on child sex abuse charges.

Do you have any headlines to that effect regarding JW elders arrests to that end?

Thes are names that may be sought out.

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Roman church priests make headInes when arrested on child sex abuse charges.

Do you have any headlines to that effect regarding JW elders arrests to that end?

Thes are names that may be sought out.
I know they council parents to go to the police. Its the police who would put it in the papers.

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Police are one source for reporting.

Have you any headlines to that effect?
I dont follow paedophiles and their works. I try to make sure my judgement goes smoothly. We all will stand alone at judgement.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well as I worship the Father, cuz nobody knows if His name is Jehovah or not ,Ribiirt, I also worship YHWH of Hosts who is now called jesus as we are commanded to.

And I agree with you. thos who practice teh corrupted Judaism known as Jehovah Witness are not christians either. By denying His physical resurrection, you place yourself outside teh care of God the Father.
We do sir, we do not believe that satan has been successful in extinguishing His name, when it is God's will to have it declared in all the earth Ex 9:16. Do you think he is more powerful than God?

Reactions: Wrangler

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ok, you will see.
Yes we both will won't we!

And in the Hebrew version of Philippians it is written , "That at the name of Jesus every knew will bow and in things of heaven and on earth and under the earth, and every tongue confess, that Jeshua Meshiach is YHWH to the glory of God the Father.

One way or another you will bow and declare Jesus is Yahweh. whether voluntary as a saved person, or involuntary before you are cast into teh lake of fire to suffer forever. Teh choice is up to you now.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And in the Hebrew version of Philippians it is written , "That at the name of Jesus every knew will bow and in things of heaven and on earth and under the earth, and every tongue confess, that Jeshua Meshiach is YHWH to the glory of God the Father.
Implied is that you believe this translation can hold up to scrutiny? Other than it fits your doctrine, do you have any factual basis for holding this translation has it correct but other have it wrong?

For the record, I declare that Jesus is Lord. Note what else the verse says this declaration is to. It is to the glory of God the Father - not to Jesus' glory, right?

Philippians 2:10-11 NLT

10 that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow,
in heaven and on earth and under the earth,
11 and every tongue declare that Jesus Christ is Lord,
to the glory of God the Father.

Reactions: Aunty Jane

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We do sir, we do not believe that satan has been successful in extinguishing His name, when it is God's will to have it declared in all the earth Ex 9:16. Do you think he is more powerful than God?

And yet it pleases the Father that the name of Jesus is above all names!

Once again, why did not God inspire the writers of the New Testament to lavishly include YHWH in the inspired writings they wrote? How come they do not appear in any ancient Greek Manuscripts or even barely in the writings of the ancient fathers? Jesus name is far more predominant since His death and physical resurrection.

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes we both will won't we!

One way or another you will bow and declare Jesus is Yahweh. whether voluntary as a saved person, or involuntary before you are cast into teh lake of fire to suffer forever. Teh choice is up to you now

In the OT--YHWH said to my Lord( Jesus) --proves Jesus is not YHWH. Your bible has--LORD said to my Lord. And no where in Phil does it say Jesus is YHWH.
Yes bow in obesiance to Gods appointed king.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In the OT--YHWH said to my Lord( Jesus) --proves Jesus is not YHWH. Your bible has--LORD said to my Lord. And no where in Phil does it say Jesus is YHWH.
Yes bow in obesiance to Gods appointed king.
obescience is just another word for worship, despite thew insistence of the clowns in Watchtower Headquarters. And check out a Hebrew NT.

Angel Faith

Nov 17, 2022
Left Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And yet it pleases the Father that the name of Jesus is above all names!

Once again, why did not God inspire the writers of the New Testament to lavishly include YHWH in the inspired writings they wrote? How come they do not appear in any ancient Greek Manuscripts or even barely in the writings of the ancient fathers? Jesus name is far more predominant since His death and physical resurrection.
A.W Tozer “Our sincerest effort to grasp the incomprehensible mystery of the Trinity must remain forever futile, and only by deepest reverence can it be saved from actual presumption. We cover our deep ignorance with words, but we are ashamed to wonder, we are afraid to whisper ‘mystery’” The Knowledge of the Holy, page 18

Have you ever noticed in the Old Testament passage relating God's message begin with, thus sayeth the Lord?
While in the New Testament Jesus said, '' I say...''

This is because Jesus is YHWH.

“I and the Father are one” John 10:30

Reactions: Ronald Nolette

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
John 17:20-22....
I given them the glory you gave me, so they may be one as we are one. “I am praying not only for these disciples but also for all who will ever believe in me through their message. I pray that they will all be one, just as you and I are one—as you are in me, Father, and I am in you. And may they be in us so that the world will believe you sent me.” (NLT)

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Have you ever noticed in the Old Testament passage relating God's message begin with, thus sayeth the Lord?
While in the New Testament Jesus said, '' I say...''

This is because Jesus is YHWH.
No. It’s because YHWH put his words in Jesus mouth as he said he’d do at Deut 18:15-18.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is a figure of speech still used today. When your Dad says, ‘your mother and I are of one mind on this,’ he is not literally claiming your parents are actually one Being.

It means they are ‘on the same page.’

These figurative words of Jesus, like the figurative temple being rebuilt in 3 days, have to be contrasted with the literal words of him being less than God, knowing less than God, being sent by God, Anointed by God, told what to say AND how to say it by God, submit to the will of God, be a mediator for God, the heir of God, the High Priest of God and be raised from the dead by God as a condition of salvation. Romans 10:9.

Jesus is also figuratively the son, the lamb, the word, OF GOD and the liberating king and savior OF THE WORLD. So, there is that.

Angel Faith

Nov 17, 2022
Left Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is a figure of speech still used today. When your Dad says, ‘your mother and I are of one mind on this,’ he is not literally claiming your parents are actually one Being.

It means they are ‘on the same page.’

These figurative words of Jesus, like the figurative temple being rebuilt in 3 days, have to be contrasted with the literal words of him being less than God, knowing less than God, being sent by God, Anointed by God, told what to say AND how to say it by God, submit to the will of God, be a mediator for God, the heir of God, the High Priest of God and be raised from the dead by God as a condition of salvation. Romans 10:9.

Jesus is also figuratively the son, the lamb, the word, OF GOD and the liberating king and savior OF THE WORLD. So, there is that.
I don't believe you can apply human phraseology to God's thoughts. I think that would limit God to our realm.

And there is this in Isaiah 43:11,I am God; and beside me there is no Saviour.

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I don't believe you can apply human phraseology to God's thoughts. I think that would limit God to our realm.
Nonsense. All of what Wrangler said is true. Can you answer those points individually?
Scripture disagrees with you.
Does that mean that only God is a savior? Isn’t the one who sends a savior also a savior? It is not an exclusive title. It means “deliverer” so God has sent many deliverers...like Moses who delivered Israel from Egypt.
In the past, men whom God used in freeing his people Israel from oppression were called saviors. We read: “Jehovah raised a savior up for the sons of Israel that he might save them, Othniel the son of Kenaz, the younger brother of Caleb.” (Judges 3:9) Then again we are told: “The sons of Israel began to call to Jehovah for aid. So Jehovah raised up for them a savior, Ehud.” (Judges 3:15)

In the biblical sense God is the Savior....but he used others to accomplish the task. Jesus is our savior because God sent him to save mankind. (John 17:3)

It seems to me that you are well schooled in “theology” but your Bible knowledge is sadly lacking.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Obeisance to a king, has 0 to do with worship.

Wrong again but don't let what everyone equates obeiscance means,

Heree is a small list of synonyms for obeisance same list almost to a T as worship.

It is the same word in all cases- The Watchtower loves to use alternative definitions that do not belong. They are famous for that!

Status
Not open for further replies.