Are Jehovah's witnesses real Christians?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jehovah's witnesses believe they are real Christians. Why? What Scriptural evidence is there to support that belief?

What do we base our beliefs on?
Jesus said at Jn 17:17 Your word is truth! We believe the 66 books of the Bible is His word of truth. All of our beliefs are based on what the Bible says, even if it differs from church doctrine.

Why do we call ourselves Jehovah's witnesses? When speaking to His people, God whose name is Jehovah said: You are my witnesses, as recorded for us at Isa 43:10. Jesus himself is the most famous witness of Jehovah, being called the Faithful Witness in God's word Rev 1:5. He bore testimony about his God Jehovah as Jehovah's witnesses still do today.

Although God's people have always been under law to love each other, Jesus actually gave us a new commandment about loving each other Jn 13:34,35, this was to be a sacrificial love as he had for his sheep. So how do Jehovah's witnesses obey that commandment? We love our brothers and sisters as family, even calling one another as such. We do not let national boundaries divide us, as we have love for the whole association of brothers 1 Pet 2:17 We always come to the aid of our brothers and sisters around the world who are in need.

Do true Christians change their beliefs? Jehovah told Daniel, who wanted to understand the things he penned in the Bible to seal up the book until the time of the end, when knowledge would become abundant. Proverbs 4:18 says the path of the righteous is like the morning light that gets brighter and brighter as day dawns. We believe we are living in those last days as most do, and as we perceive established Bible doctrine being revealed to be incorrectly understood, we are willing to adjust our understanding and continue to move forward.

Jesus made God's name known Jn 17:26; and he stated very clearly to satan who tried to get his worship that it is written; it is Jehovah your God you must worship, and it is to Him alone you render sacred service Mat 4:10. We worship Jehovah exclusively, as the verse Jesus quoted said Deut 6:13

So are Jehovah's witnesses Christians?

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That to me is not ours to decide,God looks at the heart.

Is anybody,any denomination REAL" christians"?

There are doctrines and beliefs OUTSIDE the word of God THAT MAN USES TO CONTROL PPL TRYING TO BELIEVE IN GOD.

That can only be answered in this way, have any come to the cross, repented and lay their past sinful self down at the cross and taken up their new cross of following and believing Christ redeemed them ?

SALVATION is by the grace of God by our faith is the initial event or step in this process of following God. Do these follow ONLY God's word for his doctrine,commandments, his will; standing in the fact that he is the beginning and the end of our faith.

In discipleship do they follow under the grace procured to us by God through his Son , in other words are they walking in the 3 STRONGEST COMMANDS OF JESUS TO LOVE GOD WITH ALL AND HIM ONLY,TO LOVE OUR NEIGHBORS AS OURSELVES AND TO WALK IN LOVE TO THE BRETHERN? Are they following the precepts set down by him through HIS APOSTLES; those who have IRL seen him, in his inspired recorded WORD? Are they sharing the TRUTH that Jesus is the ONLY salvation for the soul and the ONLY WAY to have a relationship with God and have life ?

Each of us must answer these question for ourselves as individuals as believers !

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America

There are doctrines and beliefs OUTSIDE the word of God THAT MAN USES TO CONTROL PPL TRYING TO BELIEVE IN GOD.

That can only be answered in this way, have any come to the cross, repented and lay their past sinful self down at the cross and taken up their new cross of following and believing Christ redeemed them ?

SALVATION is by the grace of God by our faith is the initial event or step in this process of following God. Do these follow ONLY God's word for his doctrine,commandments, his will; standing in the fact that he is the beginning and the end of our faith.

In discipleship do they follow under the grace procured to us by God through his Son , in other words are they walking in the 3 STRONGEST COMMANDS OF JESUS TO LOVE GOD WITH ALL AND HIM ONLY,TO LOVE OUR NEIGHBORS AS OURSELVES AND TO WALK IN LOVE TO THE BRETHERN? Are they following the precepts set down by him through HIS APOSTLES; those who have IRL seen him, in his inspired recorded WORD? Are they sharing the TRUTH that Jesus is the ONLY salvation for the soul and the ONLY WAY to have a relationship with God and have life ?

Each of us must answer these question for ourselves as individuals as believers !
@L3astAm0ngManyB13ss3d When ppl make of point of denying that the Lord Jesus is God, it's hard to see how they can really believe what they keep denying.....

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When speaking to His people, God whose name is Jehovah said: You are my witnesses, as recorded for us at Isa 43:10.

But now we are Jesus’ Witnesses:

“And with great power gave the apostles witness of the resurrection of the Lord Jesus: and great grace was upon them all.” (Acts 4:33)

Why do we call ourselves Jehovah's Witnesses

I wonder that myself…

Jesus himself is the most famous witness of Jehovah

And Jehovah is a witness to Jesus.

“And the Father himself, which hath sent me, hath borne witness of me…” (John 5:37)

Jesus made God's name known Jn 17:26

Yes, the Father.

“Jehovah” appears no where in the New Testament.

We worship Jehovah exclusively

Why?

The Apostles worshipped Christ as well:

“And it came to pass, while he blessed them, he was parted from them, and carried up into heaven. And they worshipped him, and returned to Jerusalem with great joy…” (Luke 24:51-52)

No.

They are Jehovah’s Witnesses!

And I don’t consider Baptists Christians either, they are Baptists.

Either you are Christian, or something else.

“And the disciples were called Christians first in Antioch.” (Acts 11:26)

Reactions: Nancy and L.A.M.B.

Skovand1075

Jul 13, 2022
Alabama.
www.instagram.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well we have 66 books in Protestant bibles. It there are currently about 4 main Christian collection of scriptures and there has been several bibles. The Coptic Christian Bible is different from the catholic Bible and those are different from Lutheran collections and all of those are older than the Protestant Bible. Jews themselves had different collections scriptures. We see four main traditions in the tanakh we have now.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Yes maam, from the time we accepted the first covenant and became Jehovah's nation, He has dealt exclusively with one people. We Christians are under a new covenant, however we all still belong to one faith, united in worship. If He didn't have a group of people, then Hebrews 10:24,25 would be of no consequence. The Bible identifies the true faith beyond any reasonable doubt, would you like to go through some passages that identifies His people?

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

“And with great power gave the apostles witness of the resurrection of the Lord Jesus: and great grace was upon them all.” (Acts 4:33)

I wonder that myself…

“And the Father himself, which hath sent me, hath borne witness of me…” (John 5:37)

Yes, the Father.

Why?

“And it came to pass, while he blessed them, he was parted from them, and carried up into heaven. And they worshipped him, and returned to Jerusalem with great joy…” (Luke 24:51-52)

No.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I wonder that myself…

Yes, the Father.

Why?

No.

Thanks for the input Micah.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Jehovah's witnesses believe they are real Christians. Why? What Scriptural evidence is there to support that belief?

Jesus said at Jn 17:17 Your word is truth! We believe the 66 books of the Bible is His word of truth. All of our beliefs are based on what the Bible says, even if it differs from church doctrine.

Why do we call ourselves Jehovah's witnesses? When speaking to His people, God whose name is Jehovah said: You are my witnesses, as recorded for us at Isa 43:10. Jesus himself is the most famous witness of Jehovah, being called the Faithful Witness in God's word Rev 1:5. He bore testimony about his God Jehovah as Jehovah's witnesses still do today.

Although God's people have always been under law to love each other, Jesus actually gave us a new commandment about loving each other Jn 13:34,35, this was to be a sacrificial love as he had for his sheep. So how do Jehovah's witnesses obey that commandment? We love our brothers and sisters as family, even calling one another as such. We do not let national boundaries divide us, as we have love for the whole association of brothers 1 Pet 2:17 We always come to the aid of our brothers and sisters around the world who are in need.

Do true Christians change their beliefs? Jehovah told Daniel, who wanted to understand the things he penned in the Bible to seal up the book until the time of the end, when knowledge would become abundant. Proverbs 4:18 says the path of the righteous is like the morning light that gets brighter and brighter as day dawns. We believe we are living in those last days as most do, and as we perceive established Bible doctrine being revealed to be incorrectly understood, we are willing to adjust our understanding and continue to move forward.

Jesus made God's name known Jn 17:26; and he stated very clearly to satan who tried to get his worship that it is written; it is Jehovah your God you must worship, and it is to Him alone you render sacred service Mat 4:10. We worship Jehovah exclusively, as the verse Jesus quoted said Deut 6:13

The assumption is that truth is defined by ones denominational stance. Jesus defines truth as a person......namely himself. It is this which needs exploring.

Reactions: face2face

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes maam, from the time we accepted the first covenant and became Jehovah's nation, He has dealt exclusively with one people. We Christians are under a new covenant, however we all still belong to one faith, united in worship. If He didn't have a group of people, then Hebrews 10:24,25 would be of no consequence. The Bible identifies the true faith beyond any reasonable doubt, would you like to go through some passages that identifies His people?

No thank you.
I study the word under the Spirit of God.

One ppl is scattered far and wide among many nations, kindreds and tongue; the waters are great.

It is NOT one denomination by any name called of man !

It is his body of which he is the head, many members! His church is those that worship in SPIRIT and in TRUTH!

Whereas I have no power of judgment, he does and will judge all. Therefore I leave all in God's mighty hands of mercy & love.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nancy

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I believe some are. As in any denomination and faith, there are some who live fully in harmony with what light and understanding they have, and express that faith in love and hope of the resurrection. Just as there are some who have great light, but sin by not living room accordance to that light, not doing what they know to be right. After all, while our works do not justify and save us, we will most assuredly be judged by them. Not by doctrine of church affiliation or knowledge. But through those works which testify powerfully to our having a genuine relationship with Jesus. That relationship takes us to different places, and leads us through different paths, but one thing they will all have in common. A faith and trust in the blessed faithfulness of the Father, and an abiding assurance of salvation based on the blood of the Lamb.
There are some denominations who teach that our salvation is not founded on the death of Christ, but rather on His life. Yet if any be saved in such an environment as this, they are so despite the wrong teachings, not because of them.

Reactions: marks

JohnPaul

Soldier of Jehovah and Christ
Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

They are not Atheists or pagans, so yes they are Christians, they believe in Christ as the son of God.

Reactions: Robert Gwin

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No thank you.
I study the word under the Spirit of God.

One ppl is scattered far and wide among many nations, kindreds and tongue; the waters are great.

It is NOT one denomination by any name called of man !

It is his body of which he is the head, many members! His church is those that worship in SPIRIT and in TRUTH!

Whereas I have no power of judgment, he does and will judge all. Therefore I leave all in God's might hands of mercy & love.

Hebrews 10:24,25; Zech 8:23; Isa 2:2,3

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They are not Atheists or pagans, so yes they are Christians, they believe in Christ as the son of God.
But not God. Jesus said unless you believe I Am you will die in your sins and that means God. John 8:24, John 8:58. He is our Great God and Savior , Titus 2:13. He is our God and Savior 2 Peter 1:1, our Lord and Savior, 2 Peter 1:11- the same construction in the Greek. He is the Alpha and Omega , the First and the Last in Revelation. Paul said one must confess Jesus is YHWH to be saved in Romans 10:9-13 cf Joel 2:32.

hope this helps !!!

Reactions: Scott Downey

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Another JW bashing thread!

You seem to possess a real divisive Spirit lately. JW’s say they are Christian. They read the Bible. That’s good enough for me.

I generally take people’s word on this subject.

Agreed! There is not a doctrinal purity test to be saved. I don’t believe it is righteous to judge a denomination based on the doctrines they focus on.

I believe the proper purview of the question, ‘Are you a (real) Christian?’ applies only at the individual level.

Reactions: Nancy

Desire Of All Nations

Jun 23, 2021
Troy
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Believing in Christ doesn't automatically make someone a Christian. The very first warning Jesus gave in His Olivet Prophecy concerned being on guard against deceivers claiming to be His followers. That warning is more relevant now than it was in the late 1st century, considering there are at least 30,000 groups all claiming to be Christian, even though most their traditions and beliefs can easily be proved as false with the Bible.

There were plenty of deceivers masquerading as Christian in the apostles' day, and it's even more true now in a day where most "Christians" deceive themselves into thinking that the Catholic and Protestant religions are a continuation of apostolic Christianity. That's the uncomfortable truth none of their adherents want to address or admit, especially because they can't be bothered to do any amount of research about where their supposedly Christian beliefs and traditions really came from.

Reactions: Titus
Status
Not open for further replies.