Are Mormons Christians? (Latter Day Saints)

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

jessicaleks93

Jan 1, 2024
Yorkshire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
most mormons , most jehovah witnesses , most catholics even
are not being taught what they once believed . though that do sound good
ITS NOT . what they are being taught more and more is to try and find common ground
just as is every denomination , just as is every false religion too .
IT is as though , now in the end , a strong delusion has come forth .
and this delusion comes not to divide the false but TO UNIFY THEM TO BE AS ONE under the GRAND LIE OF ALL .
I never seen anything move like this delusion has moved in my entier life my friend .
and though it often hollers GOD is love , the love it brings DENIES PURE DOCTRINE , IT DO DENY THE JESUS THE CHRIST .
it starts small , with less lies and more truth splashed into it , BUT IT DO GET WORSE .
Examples of where their doctrine denies christ?

SavedInHim

Jan 10, 2023
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Okay, one way that LDS distorts the true gospel of Christ is baptism. They teach that to be saved you have to be baptized by an authorized priest in the LDS. You won't find this anywhere is God's word. It's made up from whole cloth by Mormons. What this essentially does is force anyone who wants to be saved to join the LDS. This is classic cult-like behavior.

A person doesn't have to stay trapped in LDS. It's okay to admit to yourself you've made a mistake and get out. Just read God's word and find out for yourself what being a Christian is all about; you won't regret it.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Do you have any examples? I would like to know of differences but I'm not 100% sure on what Christians believe vs mormons and where those differences come in to a point enough to say Mormons are not Christians
I found that answer on this site Bible Questions Answered | GotQuestions.org so it may tell you more. But if not I'm certain that there must be other sites which point out the difference.

Reactions: amigo de christo

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Examples? Doctrines? Scriptures?
I was just responding to Jack in kind.

Every experience I've had with Mormons have been positive. Regarding their doctrines, I'm sure your search engine is as good as mine. While Christendom embraces 2 books, the OT & NT, everyone knows Mormons embrace a 3rd book found in the original language in 19th century America by Joseph Smith.

There are over 35,000 Christian denominations. No one can know what all their doctrines are. Why are you interested in Mormon theology?

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why do we need to know? Will it ever be our job to condemn any we believe to be wrong? What is a Christian, but a follower of Christ? Who is following so perfectly in non-Mormon groups that he is never in error before God?

Reactions: Jane_Doe22 and Rita

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Surely that expands to cover mormons too?
Even so!
I was just responding to Jack in kind.

Every experience I've had with Mormons have been positive.
Indeed, why are some so insistent that these be set apart as always some of the worst? Their example in my experience is better as I have been able to see them than many belonging to so-called mainstream Christians.
Regarding their doctrines, I'm sure your search engine is as good as mine. While Christendom embraces 2 books, the OT & NT, everyone knows Mormons embrace a 3rd book found in the original language in 19th century America by Joseph Smith.

There are over 35,000 Christian denominations. No one can know what all their doctrines are. Why are you interested in Mormon theology?
Indeed, should we research all of them in order to determine which ones are right and which ones are wrong in the eyes of God? Is that how one becomes an overcomer as Jesus did? I would think not.

Last edited:

Peterlag

Jul 20, 2022
New York
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Drop your opinions on whether you think Mormons (Latter Day Saints) are Christian or not and why, please keep all debating friendly, thought it would be a fun topic to start and I'm a little in between on the topic and I'd like to hear Christian viewpoints on the matter as Mormons do believe they are Christians.
I'm beginning to wonder if Christians are Christians. Can you get saved if you believe...

if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord God, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised Himself from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

Reactions: Jane_Doe22

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If one denies HIS teachings , they DENY HIM .
their father joseph smith himself went to a hat , to dip his head into a hat
to see revelations . talk about witchcraft and scorcery .
its been many years since i read the pearl of great price or other books .
If you read them and see not the faults then i have to say i am deeply concerned and worried for you .
Look i know it can seem tough to walk the line and i too desire fellowship . but not at the cost of truth .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Short commentary.

This teaching is affirmed in the Book of Mormon: “All mankind, yea, men and women, all nations, kindreds, tongues and people, must be born again; yea, born of God, changed from their carnal and fallen state, to a state of righteousness, being redeemed of God, becoming his sons and daughters; and thus they become new ..

Sounds like Mormons are Born Again.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Surely that expands to cover mormons too?
Many believe it now covers muslims and buddists and atheists too .
But i say anyone who denies the teachings of JESUS CHRIST , has already DENIED HIM .
this people of today is far more concerned with unity and fellowship
than it is with sitting under Christ . Many are gonna go down this path .
many grow weary and very tired and desire fellowship . but at what cost .
I desire fellowship , but not at the cost of truth , but rather fellowship with those WHO LOVE THE TRUTH .
we better watch out . we better all watch out .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Short commentary.

This teaching is affirmed in the Book of Mormon: “All mankind, yea, men and women, all nations, kindreds, tongues and people, must be born again; yea, born of God, changed from their carnal and fallen state, to a state of righteousness, being redeemed of God, becoming his sons and daughters; and thus they become new ..

Sounds like Mormons are Born Again.
TILL you read their teachings . MANY CAN SAY YE MUST BE BORN AGAIN
and THEY THINK THEY ARE .
but if and had we only examined their doctrines it would have proved they were not .
DID YOU Know that its now being taught
that even muslims , buddist , atheists and etc are BORN AGAIN and do have the SPIRIT .
Just cause one can say things and imply ideals dont make them BORN again at all .
Years and years ago when i too was seeking for a church to join
i too went about learning for myself about the other groups .
I READ THEIR OWN STUFF . IT DENIED TRUTH . it said some truths BUT DENIED THE TRUTH .
PS , its why i never joined the mormon church . If anything we should be trying to HELP mormons
to HELP catholics and etc to COME OUT of said places .

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Many believe it now covers muslims and buddists and atheists too .
But i say anyone who denies the teachings of JESUS CHRIST , has already DENIED HIM .
this people of today is far more concerned with unity and fellowship
than it is with sitting under Christ . Many are gonna go down this path .
many grow weary and very tired and desire fellowship . but at what cost .
I desire fellowship , but not at the cost of truth , but rather fellowship with those WHO LOVE THE TRUTH .
we better watch out . we better all watch out .
I Love the truth also, which can only come from the witness of the Holy Spirit, that there is NO NAME ABOVE THE NAME ...” JESUS “!!!

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
TILL you read their teachings . MANY CAN SAY YE MUST BE BORN AGAIN
and THEY THINK THEY ARE .

The same could be said about us...we can’t prove we have been Born Of The Spirit....we can only voice our opinion/ testimony/ belief.xx
but if and had we only examined their doctrines it would have proved they were not .
DID YOU Know that its now being taught
that even muslims , buddist , atheists and etc are BORN AGAIN and do have the SPIRIT .
Just cause one can say things and imply ideals dont make them BORN again at all .
Years and years ago when i too was seeking for a church to join
i too went about learning for myself about the other groups .
I READ THEIR OWN STUFF . IT DENIED TRUTH . it said some truths BUT DENIED THE TRUTH .
PS , its why i never joined the mormon church . If anything we should be trying to HELP mormons
to HELP catholics and etc to COME OUT of said places .
I don’t think we are to stand in judgement,Brother...only God knows who are His sheep....we don’t.xx

Reactions: Jane_Doe22

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I Love the truth also, which can only come from the witness of the Holy Spirit, that there is NO NAME ABOVE THE NAME ...” JESUS “!!!
DO you LOVE JESUS CHRIST . i say this not to condemn to but to make us think .
HAD WE LOVED JESUS CHRIST , would we not have loved THE TRUTH HE INSPIRED .
IF we loved HIM . THERE IS NO NAME ABOVE THE NAME OF JESUS CHRIST
and yet how odd that many put their religious men and doctrines above that NAME .
These DO NOT LOVE TRUTH . they do not LOVE CHRIST , they are not born again .
Think on that for a bit . Most of you all DO NOT KNOW the doctrines of mormons or others .
You all think just cause they can LIP the name of JESUS and perhaps the gospel it means THEY KNOW HIM .
I DID THAT SISTER . I TOO could do that , and yet i walked in darkness still .
You all do not know the deadly dangers of that religoin . I have no desire to go again and reread
their books . But i too after being born again DID desire fellowship .
I did go to and look for fellow believers . I DID my own homework and did examine
many different branches within what is called christendom .
SO know and understand WHY i never joined the SDA , or mormon camp , or JW camp
or many other camps . I SEEN some serious deadly blasphmeous error within them .
I too studied calvin . many others . I ACTUALLY sat and read some books of the RCC .
EVER WONDER WHY I DIDNT JOIN that church . NOW i say its time we bible up again .
to learn truth we need only to learn FROM GOD . WHEN we do
its so simple and easy to see and to discern the error . Some of you all might see me as the biggets bigot
and judge . BUT THIS IS NOT TRUE AT ALL . ME DID MY OWN HOMEWORK . THEY FAILED . and thus i warn all
to flee such places .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The same could be said about us...we can’t prove we have been Born Of The Spirit....we can only voice our opinion/ testimony/ belief.xx

I don’t think we are to stand in judgement,Brother...only God knows who are His sheep....we don’t.xx
The same could be said of a muslim , WHEN DOES IT END SISTER .
when folks teach blasphemous things , THAT IS WHERE IT ENDS . THEY DO .
Just as do the mormons and others . Just as i warn against the RCC , i would warn against dangerous realms
within the protestant realm too . I dont pick and choose the lesser of two evils . I choose to serve NO EVIL
ONLY GOD , HIS CHRIST . Now it is time again for us to get refreshed in the bible .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you have any examples so we can compare the two, so we can confidently say mormons aren't Christians?
i could prove to a catholic why he or she ought not to serve that place . but if their mind is made up
to remain in such a place , they will make excuse against anything and everything i do say .
what is worrying me is you seem to WANT to beleive they are christain .
I have no desire to go again and to read the book called the pearl of great price .
nor do i have any desire to go and read again the books of the RCC .
DEEP DOWN the question that you need to be asking yourself is , WHAT DO YOU DESIRE .
IS it the truth in the bible or is it something else . NOW that is but a question but it is a good one .

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
You all do not know the deadly dangers of that religoin
Well, God is allowing it to happen, you must know that he is in control.

God / Jesus is our saviour, we aren’t.....therefore imo/ belief He is in control of all situations.....He is the one who makes us Born Of The Spirit, He is the one who also Loved us first....I wouldn’t know Jesus without being Born of the Spirit...Gods Spirit is Love!...how can one not Love God back, if they have Born Of The Spirit.?

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, God is allowing it to happen, you must know that he is in control.

God / Jesus is our saviour, we aren’t.....therefore imo/ belief He is in control of all situations.....He is the one who makes us Born Of The Spirit, He is the one who also Loved us first....I wouldn’t know Jesus without being Born of the Spirit...Gods Spirit is Love!...how can one not Love God back, if they have Born Of The Spirit.?
HE is in control all right . on that you said TRULY .
HE HIMSELF also allows a STRONG DELUSION upon those who rejected HIM also .
HE also causes , causes the TEN KINGS to surrender unto the beast .
But it dont mean HE supports the beast or any false religoin either .
and it also dont mean HE DESIRED THEIR DEATH .
what it DO mean is , GOD desired their good only THEY WOULD NOT
and WHAT GOD says and has said HE WILL DO , HE WILL DO IT whether it be for good or destruction .
GOOD for those who loved him , DESTRUCTION for those who did not .
The problem is many are not learning the scrips for themselves .
SEE I KNOW GOD desired not the death of any , I ALSO KNOW there comes a time
when folks keep on resisting him that HE HIMSELF GIVETH THEM Over to a lie a delusion that will DESTROY THEM .
BUT IT WASNT Cause GOD DIDNT LOVE THEM . IT was cause THEY KEPT REJECTING HIM .
WE GOTTA BIBLE UP and NOW . EVERY WORD IN IT , GOD INSPIRED , EVERY WARNING to every promise
IS FOR OUR GOOD . CAUSE GOD DESIRES GOOD FOR US and NOT DESTRUCTION
but DESTRUCTION WILL COME UPON THEM WHO , despite his warnings , REJECTED HIM . watch out
cause this is very true indeed .
EVEN the aposltes warned them , BEWARE lest that come upon you which is written ........
behold ye despisers wonder and PERISH . that say PERISH .
now many folks are heading DOWN the wrong road . these denominations are not gonna save them either
THEY ARE NOW WORKING as one TO DECIEVE THEM INTO THE GRAND LIE of all . I am begging everyone
because i DO LOVE EVERYONE . GET IN YOUR BIBLES NOW . please . please . many are not gonna make it .

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
HE is in control all right . on that you said TRULY .
HE HIMSELF also allows a STRONG DELUSION upon those who rejected HIM also .
HE also causes , causes the TEN KINGS to surrender unto the beast .
But it dont mean HE supports the beast or any false religoin either .
and it also dont mean HE DESIRED THEIR DEATH .
what it DO mean is , GOD desired their good only THEY WOULD NOT
and WHAT GOD says and has said HE WILL DO , HE WILL DO IT whether it be for good or destruction .
GOOD for those who loved him , DESTRUCTION for those who did not .
The problem is many are not learning the scrips for themselves .
SEE I KNOW GOD desired not the death of any , I ALSO KNOW there comes a time
when folks keep on resisting him that HE HIMSELF GIVETH THEM Over to a lie a delusion that will DESTROY THEM .
BUT IT WASNT Cause GOD DIDNT LOVE THEM . IT was cause THEY KEPT REJECTING HIM .
WE GOTTA BIBLE UP and NOW . EVERY WORD IN IT , GOD INSPIRED , EVERY WARNING to every promise
IS FOR OUR GOOD . CAUSE GOD DESIRES GOOD FOR US and NOT DESTRUCTION
but DESTRUCTION WILL COME UPON THEM WHO , despite his warnings , REJECTED HIM . watch out
cause this is very true indeed .
EVEN the aposltes warned them , BEWARE lest that come upon you which is written ........
behold ye despisers wonder and PERISH . that say PERISH .
now many folks are heading DOWN the wrong road . these denominations are not gonna save them either
THEY ARE NOW WORKING as one TO DECIEVE THEM INTO THE GRAND LIE of all . I am begging everyone
because i DO LOVE EVERYONE . GET IN YOUR BIBLES NOW . please . please . many are not gonna make it .
I don’t understand rejecting God, because if it’s Gods will that one will be Born Again , then it will happen...by His will, not mans will..I think that is biblical...not by mans will, by Gods will.

I have no understanding how anyone can reject God...probably because of how I became Born Again...by His will not my will.

Anyway, we are straying off topic.

Edit to add, it seems you aren’t interested in answering my questions.....?

All you’ve done is push your own belief/ agenda, you don’t seem interested in what I have to say.or anyone else for that matter,imo.

Jesus “ Listens”.....

Listening to God Throughout the Gospels we find Jesus spending time in solitude and silence listening to the Father(sometimes with his disciples as in Luke 9:18 and Mark 6:31-32; sometimes by himself ~ Mark 1:35, Luke 5:16, Luke 6:12-13; Matthew 14:23).

Last edited: