Are Protestants "saved? "

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
you tell me you listen to your church and I must, now you tell me you listen to God

Sorry I am not buying it

how about this,

You continue to try to earn your salvation....
Isn’t that what ALL men are supposed to do?

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
you tell me you listen to your church and I must, now you tell me you listen to God

Sorry I am not buying it

how about this,

You continue to try to earn your salvation

I will continue to live out the salvation God has already given me.

Hows that?
Some Christians teach that we don’t need to earn our salvation. We are guaranteed it as long as we believe in Him. Is their teaching right?

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Even the demons BELIEVE, and shudder in terror for they know their judgment is near.
(many of the demons promoted the false gospel of babylon religion from rome, which is included in their coming punishment, as they have no conscience ever )

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hmmmm...you said that you listen to God and the men of my church don’t so I shouldn’t listen to them. It only makes sense that I should listen to YOU and not them....but you then tell me to NOT LISTEN TO YOU EITHER....confusing
I have said continually listen to no men wthout first testing with the scripture.

Now you say it is confusing

Yet I have been consistent since day one.

Confusing? No men, equals no men

how is that confusing?

Reactions: Joseph77

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is why Christianity is in the mess it’s in and Jesus prayer will NEVER be fulfilled because everyone has made their own decision ....we are not one with one doctrine.

I have listened to God and tested what you said against scripture and you are wrong ....where do we go from here?

Mary
Christianity is a mess because we have input MAN into the equation. Your own church through the years has not been consistent, and if you talk to different Catholics they all do not agree with everything, then of course you got the split

Again

you tell me you have listened to God, yet You have been telling me from day one you listen to your church.

Are you confused?

Reactions: Joseph77

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
let me see if I got this right. I tell you that I listen to God but your not buying it? You don’t believe me?

But I’m supposed to believe you when you say that you listen to God? Confusing
I don't believe you because you tell me you listen to your church, and have been arging with me how I should also listen to your church since day one

I have been arguing you should listen to God. You come back that we are to listen to the church

again, Who is the confused one?

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Some Christians teach that we don’t need to earn our salvation. We are guaranteed it as long as we believe in Him. Is their teaching right?
what does th ebible say?

Do we listen to those christians? Do we listen to pastors? Do we listen to elders? Who do we listen to?

ot do we take what they say, Confirm or deny it with scripture Then leave comforted in the fact we have tested what people said.

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God says God Curses anyone, ( even a believer ) , who trusts the flesh, who trusts and listens to men, He Curses them.

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I follow “them” you follow you.

He follows Jesus.
I follow Jesus.
The Apostles all followed Jesus.

The deceived ones follow someone else.

Neither God, Jesus,
None of the Apostles, ever said to follow men, let alone especially not to follow such false teachers, ever. ("them")

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Christianity is a mess because we have input MAN into the equation. Your own church through the years has not been consistent, and if you talk to different Catholics they all do not agree with everything, then of course you got the split

Again

you tell me you have listened to God, yet You have been telling me from day one you listen to your church.

Are you confused?
Ummm....you can’t have Christianity without man soooo man has to be in the equation.

I have listened to God and he told me that the church is the pillar and foundation of truth. Not me. Not you...the church.

sooo if I’m not supposed to listen to man...why do you want me or EXPECT me to listen to you? Are u not a (hu)man???

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
what does th ebible say?

Do we listen to those christians? Do we listen to pastors? Do we listen to elders? Who do we listen to?

ot do we take what they say, Confirm or deny it with scripture Then leave comforted in the fact we have tested what people said.
You didn’t answer: Is their teaching right?

patient Mary

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't believe you because you tell me you listen to your church, and have been arging with me how I should also listen to your church since day one

I have been arguing you should listen to God. You come back that we are to listen to the church

again, Who is the confused one?
I listened to God and he told me that the church is the pillar and foundation of truth...not me. Sooo how can you say I don’t listen to God? Hmmmm?

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
MaryIog (mary idolatress of god) , you listened to a voice of demons. (not God the Creator) .

test everything by God's Word. NEVER accept any idolatry, any teaching, any teacher,

who contradicts God's Word . ( all teaching that contradict God are false; every teacher that does is false; all idolatry opposes God and His Word)

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have said continually listen to no men wthout first testing with the scripture.

Now you say it is confusing

Yet I have been consistent since day one.

Confusing? No men, equals no men

how is that confusing?
Sooo I am not supposed to listen to ANY mans interpretation of Scripture....just my own interpretation??? Well...I am a (wo)man but according to your theory I’m not supposed to listen to myself soooo what now?

why should I listen to you on this matter? Didn’t you tell me NOT to listen to you??? Your theory is confusing

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He follows Jesus.
I follow Jesus.
The Apostles all followed Jesus.

The deceived ones follow someone else.

Neither God, Jesus,
None of the Apostles, ever said to follow men, let alone especially not to follow such false teachers, ever. ("them")
According to @Eternally Grateful i an not supposed to listen to you so why are you giving me your opinion?

Yehren

Sep 12, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God said we are justified by faith,

He said we are justified by works as well. But you don't want to believe that part. I understand why you do not want to believe it, You don't want to do the will of the Father. Well news flash. Jesus says that it wasn't enough to merely acknowledge Him as Lord; you must to also do the will of the Father. That's the part that you can't accept. Part of this is that you can't accept that neither faith nor works are of our own doing, but are by God's grace.

Again, you can't accept this, because it doesn't fit your own desires. If you want to hand God a tainted glass of water as payment for your sins, feel free.

Reactions: Reggie Belafonte

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ummm....you can’t have Christianity without man soooo man has to be in the equation.

I have listened to God and he told me that the church is the pillar and foundation of truth. Not me. Not you...the church.

sooo if I’m not supposed to listen to man...why do you want me or EXPECT me to listen to you? Are u not a (hu)man???
But you ony believe your church is that church because the MeN of your church told you that.

This is reality, your listening to men.

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
According to @Eternally Grateful i an not supposed to listeUn to you so why are you giving me your opinion?
So you listened to him? See the conundrum you get in if you trust yourself ? a real curse, eh?
Likewise if you trust the abomination from rome - even worse than any other teacher you ever heard about.

So what to do ? What does God say to do ? LISTEN TO GOD. LISTEN TO JESUS. AS THE BIBLE SAYS.

p.s. are you really a human person , born on earth as a woman ?
Speaking for yourself, or are you a jesuit, or told what to speak/post by a coven of jesuits or priests (it happens daily on many sites) ?

God Himself cannot lie - for God is not a man that He could lie.

So TRUST GOD.