Are Protestants "saved? "

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If I can’t earn my salvation then how do I get saved?
why do you think Jesus came to die

The penalty of sin is death

If a man is caught committing murder. and is given the death penalty. Can anything he does other than his death pay for his crime?

can hid debt be considered paid because he goes and immerses himself in water, Says some prayers, Takes the eucharist, and whatever other works you think needs to be done?

Or can only his death pay for his debt?

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I listened to God and he told me that the church is the pillar and foundation of truth...not me. Sooo how can you say I don’t listen to God? Hmmmm?
yep

THE church, that does not mean it is YOUR church.

God also told you to test each doctrine to make sure it is from God. and not to blindly listen to men.

Are you telling me that if a pope wanted to change a doctrine from the doctrine of God to a doctrine he wants to insert of his own will God will stop him?

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sooo I am not supposed to listen to ANY mans interpretation of Scripture....just my own interpretation??? Well...I am a (wo)man but according to your theory I’m not supposed to listen to myself soooo what now?

why should I listen to you on this matter? Didn’t you tell me NOT to listen to you??? Your theory is confusing
No, You listen to a man

You g to scripture, verify what that man said lines up with scripture.

If it does. You believe him (in that area)

if he does not. You question him,

fact is. No man is 100 % accurate in everything, If you think they are. You must think they are like God.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He said we are justified by works as well. But you don't want to believe that part. I understand why you do not want to believe it, You don't want to do the will of the Father. Well news flash. Jesus says that it wasn't enough to merely acknowledge Him as Lord; you must to also do the will of the Father. That's the part that you can't accept. Part of this is that you can't accept that neither faith nor works are of our own doing, but are by God's grace.

Again, you can't accept this, because it doesn't fit your own desires. If you want to hand God a tainted glass of water as payment for your sins, feel free.

whatever man

Go earn your salvation

James said our faith is justified by our works (proven)

Go earn your salvation. I will pray you do enough work to earn your freedom from eternal judgment

Me? I will recieve Gods grace. Knowing I am unworthy

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
yep

lets make a mockery and misrepresent what someone said

Does it make you feel better?
Oh, no worries. Clarifying for him, her, or them, is a good opportunity to reveal the truth of their errors, and show them what is in truth correct and right in line with all of God's Word.

Yes, she or he or them, all those in cults, do mock or are likely to mock any truth teller.

Jesus says this is so.

So what. They might (and often do, world wide, for 1500 some years, kill and ) harm the body, but they cannot touch our souls.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But you ony believe your church is that church because the MeN of your church told you that.

This is reality, your listening to men.
And we have just come full circle. You listen to YOU....are you not a man?

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And we have just come full circle. You listen to YOU....are you not a man?
I do not listen to me, I listen to God

Your bearing false witness, Do you need to go talk to your priest?

If a man says something, I test what that man says,

I stopped blindly following men when I found out alot of what I was taught growing up was false..

If I was like you and still blindly following people. I would still be stuck with alot of foolish doctrines..

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
here is the kicker

If I get it wrong, Its on me, I will suffer because I should have known better

If they get it wrong, Its because they blindly followed people who told them to listen to them only, they are pillar and foundation.

WHo is going to suffer more?

Me because I have no one to blame but myself

or them? because they were led astray and did not look to make a decision on their own?

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So you listened to him? See the conundrum you get in if you trust yourself ? a real curse, eh?
Likewise if you trust the abomination from rome - even worse than any other teacher you ever heard about.

So what to do ? What does God say to do ? LISTEN TO GOD. LISTEN TO JESUS. AS THE BIBLE SAYS.

p.s. are you really a human person , born on earth as a woman ?
Speaking for yourself, or are you a jesuit, or told what to speak/post by a coven of jesuits or priests (it happens daily on many sites) ?

God Himself cannot lie - for God is not a man that He could lie.

So TRUST GOD.
I am not listening to EG in matters relating to scripture....that is what we are discussing here kiddo....nice try ...no conundrum here :)

The two of you THINK you are listening to God but I’m willing to bet you disagree with each other when it comes to the interpretation of scripture??? Hmmmm??? Soooo which one of you did He lie to when he tells you something different then what He tells EG?

See the conundrum your both in????

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I do not listen to me, I listen to God

Your bearing false witness, Do you need to go talk to your priest?

If a man says something, I test what that man says,

I stopped blindly following men when I found out alot of what I was taught growing up was false..

If I was like you and still blindly following people. I would still be stuck with alot of foolish doctrines..
Lol....ok. Soooo why is God telling you something different then what he tells others???

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am not listening to EG in matters relating to scripture....that is what we are discussing here kiddo....nice try ...no conundrum here

The two of you THINK you are listening to God but I’m willing to bet you disagree with each other when it comes to the interpretation of scripture??? Hmmmm??? Soooo which one of you did He lie to when he tells you something different then what He tells EG?

Why do you continue to bear false witness ?

Instead of you falsely interpreting Scripture, why don't you do what God says to DO ? (listen to God)

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
oops. common mistake.

He is a man, but already told you we listen to JESUS (JESUS says we DO TOO).
Ok sooo when Jesus told you something different then what he told EG who is right??? how do u get out of that conundrum????

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am not listening to EG in matters relating to scripture....that is what we are discussing here kiddo....nice try ...no conundrum here :)

we are not in a conundrum.

Your just trying to use this to prove to yourself you are right.

We can all three disagree, and thats ok

Even if one of us is right, and the rest of us are not

Where do we find out which one is right?

You say your church?

We say the word of God (which was inspired by God)

If your worng, You based your belief on men

If we are wrong, we have no one to blame but ourself

You keep trying to convince us, But you can't because of your circular reasoning.. Which only people who have been trained by you and still are in it, can see.

Reactions: Nancy

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why do you continue to bear false witness ?

Instead of you falsely interpreting Scripture, why don't you do what God says to DO ? (listen to God)
Oh I see....me and anyone that disagrees with you are falsely interpreting scripture....fascinating. YOU have the authority to decide who is falsely interpreting scripture????

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
we are not in a conundrum.

Your just trying to use this to prove to yourself you are right.

We can all three disagree, and thats ok

Even if one of us is right, and the rest of us are not

Where do we find out which one is right?

You say your church?

We say the word of God (which was inspired by God)

If your worng, You based your belief on men

If we are wrong, we have no one to blame but ourself

You keep trying to convince us, But you can't because of your circular reasoning.. Which only people who have been trained by you and still are in it, can see.
Well....you are in a conundrum when you both say your right because you have read scripture and listened to God but you disagree with each other on what God told you. Either God is confused or the two of you are????