Are Protestants "saved? "

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well....you are in a conundrum when you both say your right because you have read scripture and listened to God but you disagree with each other on what God told you. Either God is confused or the two of you are????
I never said we both were right

and again, If I read scripture, and get it wrong, who is at fault? Me? Or some people who told you to listen to them no matter what?

Your the one in a conundrum not me

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
We say the word of God (which was inspired by God)

Hello Grateful,

How do you know what the word of God is?
More specifically, how do you know which writings should be part of the New Testament?

Because you accept the authorative canon established by the Church.
The Church that was already established and living the Faith before one letter of the NT was written.

A funny thing, to take the sacred writings of the Church and then to use them to condemn the very Church from whom you received them..

Peace be with you!

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I never said we both were right

and again, If I read scripture, and get it wrong, who is at fault? Me? Or some people who told you to listen to them no matter what?

Your the one in a conundrum not me
If you get it wrong AND you never KNOW when your wrong then why should ANYONE listen to you? How can you be wrong if You are listening to God?? Oh the conundrum you are in....

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I never said I had the authority, So your question was based on a false premise

So there is no answer.
I agree...you don’t have the authority because God is not talking to you like you believe he is

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you get it wrong AND you never KNOW when your wrong then why should ANYONE listen to you? How can you be wrong if You are listening to God?? Oh the conundrum you are in....
Who told anyone to listen to me?

That's all your focused on.

I never asked anyone to listen to me, That's your false insinuation

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello Grateful,

How do you know what the word of God is?
More specifically, how do you know which writings should be part of the New Testament?

Because you accept the authorative canon established by the Church.
The Church that was already established and living the Faith before one letter of the NT was written.

A funny thing, to take the sacred writings of the Church and then to use them to condemn the very Church from whom you received them..

Peace be with you!
Do you mean the roman church?

If the roman church was the church established before the NT was even written. Would they not resemble the church the NT portrays?

if it does not. why not? did the church change?

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I agree...you don’t have the authority because God is not talking to you like you believe he is
Your church has no authority either, Just because they claim they do. does not mean they do

I never claimed to have any authority, So again, You have come full circle

Your reasonings fall flat. But you think it is your church against me. or me against your church, Its not

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ok sooo when Jesus told you something different then what he told EG who is right??? how do u get out of that conundrum????
For us, following Jesus, there is no conundrum, - it is only for you, since you cannot hear Jesus, a conundrum , and unknown to you.

Reactions: FollowHim

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Now you are not denying us, you are denying God's Word Directly (calling God a liar). Maybe you are used to doing this, but it is still sin.

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh I see....me and anyone that disagrees with you are falsely interpreting scripture....fascinating. YOU have the authority to decide who is falsely interpreting scripture????
Why do you continue to bear false witness, not knowing Scripture nor the Power of God.

We do not interpret Scripture.

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh I see....me and anyone that disagrees with you are falsely interpreting scripture.

Your apostate leaders say that if you interpret Scripture, (or rather speak truthfully), then you are committing sin. Only they are permitted in your cult to interpret Scripture and to tell you what it means.

Nancy

Staff member
Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
we are not in a conundrum.

Your just trying to use this to prove to yourself you are right.

We can all three disagree, and thats ok

Even if one of us is right, and the rest of us are not

Where do we find out which one is right?

You say your church?

We say the word of God (which was inspired by God)

If your worng, You based your belief on men

If we are wrong, we have no one to blame but ourself
Mary said:
You keep trying to convince us, But you can't because of your circular reasoning.. Which only people who have been trained by you and still are in it, can see.

Awesome. Yes, we have no one to blame BUT ourselves, for sure, no riding on the coats. Study to show ourselves approved, divide the scriptures rightly, the Bereans, He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him! We will be standing before God...alone when all is done. :)