Are Protestants "saved? "

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

FollowHim

Aug 22, 2019
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
why are you acting this way

its ok for you to bear false witness? But not ok for someone else?
Without refering to what is false and what is true, does anyone know what is being accused.

It reminds me of a smoke grenade, lol

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Do you mean the roman church?

Hello Grateful,

I mean the One Holy Catholic and apostolic Church that was found everywhere...
The Church in Rome, in Alexandria, in Antioch, in Smyrna.....

The Church for which the 1st council of Jerusalem is the prototype for settling disputes that are causing divisions within the Church.

I believe it was the Church in North Africa that first recognised the canon of the NT at a council. Hippo I think?

Peace!

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello Grateful,

I mean the One Holy Catholic and apostolic Church that was found everywhere...
The Church in Rome, in Alexandria, in Antioch, in Smyrna.....

The Church for which the 1st council of Jerusalem is the prototype for settling disputes that are causing divisions within the Church.

I believe it was the Church in North Africa that first recognised the canon of the NT at a council. Hippo I think?

Peace!
Actually the first church was founded By Peter James and John is Jerusalem. Then Paul started many churches in the roman empire

And it looked nothing like the roman catholic church.

Would be nice if you could stick to the word. And not history. The jews stuck to history and the written words of the elders who added to the word It caused them to reject Christ.

I would fear you are doing the same.

Peace!

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Would be nice if you could stick to the word. And not history.

That is my point. You cannot know what the canon of the NT is, except by faith accepting that the Church was correct when she established it aithoritatively.
To argue otherwise is to ignore the history of the Church and how she operates.
To study the history of the early Church makes it clear that the Church in Rome and the Church in Alexandria (and the Church on Constantinople), are indeed the Church of the NT. The community established through the apostles.

The Truth is established on the strength of 2 (or 3) witnesses.

Where are the 2000 year old witnesses who say otherwise?

Peace!

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is my point. You cannot know what the canon of the NT is, except by faith accepting that the Church was correct when she established it aithoritatively.
To argue otherwise is to ignore the history of the Church and how she operates.
To study the history of the early Church makes it clear that the Church in Rome and the Church in Alexandria (and the Church on Constantinople), are indeed the Church of the NT. The community established through the apostles.

The Truth is established on the strength of 2 (or 3) witnesses.

Where are the 2000 year old witnesses who say otherwise?

Peace!
See your wrong

peter called pauls writting scripture

we can know because the scripture is united, it does not contradict itself

god did not leave us without proof as I taught tonight, faith is not based on fantasy, it’s based on truth which is unseen, and the foundation is the hope god has given us

your church again does not resemble the church of acts or the NT church

So why would I want to place my faith in it?

Paul Christensen

Mar 2, 2020
Christchurch
www.personal-communication.org.nz
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Read the posts. It's not hard to find. Jesus said the world would hate us. And it does.
The most effective anti-Catholics are the ones on this forum posting abusive and accusing posts in response to those seeking to point out the errors in Catholic doctrine. And Roman Catholic Queen Murdering Mary was the most demonstrative anti-Catholic in all of English history!!

Yehren

Sep 12, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The most effective anti-Catholics are the ones on this forum posting abusive and accusing posts in response to those seeking to point out the errors in Catholic doctrine.

I think you have it backwards. I'm noting all sorts of abuse coming from those who are angry about being reminded of God's word telling us that we are justified by works.

And Roman Catholic Queen Murdering Mary was the most demonstrative anti-Catholic in all of English history!!

That's a testable claim...

Mary received the nickname of ‘Bloody Mary’ as a result of her persecution of Protestants and the amount of executions that she set forth. However, she did not kill any more people than Henry VIII or Elizabeth I.
The Reign of Mary I: Executions under Mary versus Executions under Henry VIII and Elizabeth I

So are "Bloody Harry" and "Bloody Lizzie" then prominent anti-Protestants? Doesn't seem so, to me. Rulers during the Reformation tended to be bloody and cruel, regardless of their religious sentiments. Doesn't mean that Protestants today want to kill non-Protestants, or even approve of the things Protestants did back then. Nor does it mean that Catholics approve of similar behavior on the part of some Catholic rulers. Both sides committed horrible crimes against dissenters.

But it's hard to be impartial, isn't it?

Paul Christensen

Mar 2, 2020
Christchurch
www.personal-communication.org.nz
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
I think you have it backwards. I'm noting all sorts of abuse coming from those who are angry about being reminded of God's word telling us that we are justified by works.

Mary received the nickname of ‘Bloody Mary’ as a result of her persecution of Protestants and the amount of executions that she set forth. However, she did not kill any more people than Henry VIII or Elizabeth I.
The Reign of Mary I: Executions under Mary versus Executions under Henry VIII and Elizabeth I

So are "Bloody Harry" and "Bloody Lizzie" then prominent anti-Protestants? Doesn't seem so, to me. Rulers during the Reformation tended to be bloody and cruel, regardless of their religious sentiments. Doesn't mean that Protestants today want to kill non-Protestants, or even approve of the things Protestants did back then. Nor does it mean that Catholics approve of similar behavior on the part of some Catholic rulers. Both sides committed horrible crimes against dissenters.

I agree. Anyone who practices inhumanity to others is still dead in their sins, whether they are Catholic or Protestant.

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
your church again does not resemble the church of acts or the NT church

Dear Grateful,

You don't think so? What about the Church in Alexandria? In Constantinople?

If not these then who?

You too! Are welcome to come to the wedding feast of the Lamb of God!

Peace be with you!

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

I think a little perspective is required here. The Protestants, in denying Catholics power, were protecting the realm from a foreign power. Catholics in those days did not recognise any Protestant rulers as their own and were willing to commit treason to establish a foreign king to rule over the land eg Guy Fawkes and his several Co-conspirators. They were not executed for being Catholic... They were executed for treason, attempted murder and insurrection.

Reactions: Paul Christensen

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
If you get it wrong AND you never KNOW when your wrong then why should ANYONE listen to you? How can you be wrong if You are listening to God?? Oh the conundrum you are in....

Within those scriptures you claim as being established by the church, has a principle character, Jesus. From Genesis to Revelation He is revealed as our Lord... Our Brother... Our pastor... Teacher... Savior... And more. He gave us, through His own example and counsel, the means by which we may learn God's will for us... How we are to be saved... And how to conduct ourselves in private and the public sphere. That example was exemplified by the words, it is written.
Who interpreted the scriptures that the disciples could understand them? Jesus did right?
Question. Why would you deny Jesus the opportunity and the right to continue that which He demonstrated with the disciples by going to sometime else?

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Dear Grateful,

You don't think so? What about the Church in Alexandria? In Constantinople?

If not these then who?

You too! Are welcome to come to the wedding feast of the Lamb of God!

Peace be with you!
Never heard of those churches, where can I find them? In the book of acts?
I will be at the wedding feast of the lamb, Jesus paid for my ticket, the train is a rolling are you gonna climb aboard and join me?

Yehren

Sep 12, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think a little perspective is required here. The Protestants, in denying Catholics power, were protecting the realm from a foreign power. Catholics in those days did not recognise any Protestant rulers as their own and were willing to commit treason to establish a foreign king to rule over the land eg Guy Fawkes and his several Co-conspirators. They were not executed for being Catholic... They were executed for treason, attempted murder and insurrection.

And of course, Protestants did not consider Mary as their ruler, and were willing to commit Treason to make England subject to foreign rulers. But in fact, just as Mary burned Protestants for being Protestant, Henry and Elizabeth also burned Catholics for being Catholic. That's how it went.

Realistically, there's really no difference at all. It might seem so because of one's religious alignment, but it's not.

Yehren

Sep 12, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I will be at the wedding feast of the lamb, Jesus paid for my ticket, the train is a rolling are you gonna climb aboard and join me?

When you get there, you're going to be astonished at who is there with you. I really hope you do make it, just for the education.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No

If this is how you are going to act. Then why both continuing?
Your theory is that one should not listen to or rely on other men’s interpretation of Scripture. ESPECIALLY if it comes from the men of the CC. You believe one should only rely on their own interpretation.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Who told anyone to listen to me?

That's all your focused on.

I never asked anyone to listen to me, That's your false insinuation
Your telling me I am wrong so if you KNOW I am wrong that makes YOU right. If you are right why wouldn’t you want me to listen to you??

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your church has no authority either, Just because they claim they do. does not mean they do

I never claimed to have any authority, So again, You have come full circle

Your reasonings fall flat. But you think it is your church against me. or me against your church, Its not
According to your theory NO ONE has any authority. According to your theory Scripture is the truth but we can never know what that truth is

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He is not.
God is faithful and true.
He cannot ever contradict Himself,ever, not even once.
He’s not???? Soooo why is your “truth” different then other men’s truth???

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For us, following Jesus, there is no conundrum, - it is only for you, since you cannot hear Jesus, a conundrum , and unknown to you.
Hmmmm....I can’t hear Jesus but YOU CAN??? Fascinating