Are Protestants "saved? "

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have enjoyed this post of yours, Taken. Your last phrase puts me in mind of this verse.

Gal 5:1 Stand fast therefore in the liberty by which Christ has made us free, and do not be entangled again with a yoke of bondage.

The yoke of Jesus is easy, but the yoke of bondage is not. It is hard work trying to achieve by human effort what God's grace has already given.

Thank you for sharing.

Rom 6:
[6] Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.
[7] For he that is dead is freed from sin.

WHAT great Grace God offers for our benefit...we be crucified without the nails.
Aside from reading the text...silently alone and imagining that day and the horrid scene of Jesus Crucifixion.

Glory to God,
Taken

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well Mary...you might Start with learning What Gods Approved Word IS... and choose for yourself if that is something YOU agree with and Let God know...with your own Yea or Nay...
I have learned what Gods approved word is. Others disagree with it. Baptist disagree with Lutherns....Lutherens disagree with Pentacastal....Pentacostal disagree with Methodist etc etc etc on what Gods approved word is.

It's not rocket science......Soooo your theory is not sustainable.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As I said, MEMBERS of Christ's Church.
Are you aware that applies to the "Converted?"
Titles, denominations, races have nothing to do with an individual's FREEWILL choice to accept the Lord Gods Offer to be MADE Converted.
And after conversion who has the Truth....your theory is not sustainable.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have learned what Gods approved word is. Others disagree with it. Baptist disagree with Lutherns....Lutherens disagree with Pentacastal....Pentacostal disagree with Methodist etc etc etc on what Gods approved word is.

It's not rocket science......Soooo your theory is not sustainable.

Your theory is funny. I would bet you do not know all Baptists, Lutherans, Pentecostals, Methodists or Catholics to know what they agree or disagree with.

historyb

Mar 10, 2011
in a house
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
so how do you address work to make your calling and election sure?

argh? huh?
confused-emoticon-with-speech-bubble-illustration_csp59008421.jpg

historyb

Mar 10, 2011
in a house
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The trouble is, reading this sentence is like trying to read chinese. What does wadr mean? Why do you use the term "Yah."? Can we perhaps stick to English and use actual words, so I can have some clue what you are talking about?

It would be nice but in his defense he ma not know real proper English. I think English is his second language

Yehren

Sep 12, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is God going to give an exam, and send everyone but the most learned and knowledgeable to Hell? What are we going to do if we don't fall at the top of the grading scale? And, what if we have some things wrong? We all know more than we did last year — where would we have gone if we had died in 2018?

God makes it very, very clear what things will determine where you spend eternity. And your particular denomination isn't one of those things. Your point is well taken. Theology will not save you. A heart aligned with God, loving Him and loving your fellow man will always save you.

Reactions: Episkopos

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
How come you failed to say "Catholics also disagree with Catholics"? There is a whole bunch of Catholics who reject the changes to the Mass since Pope Paul messed with it, Vatican II, Pope Francis, and a whole lot of terrible Catholic baggage. So don't sweep that under the rug. There are plenty of clerics doing exactly that.

Answer man

Mar 8, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Does God prefer one religious bent to another? Or is that about us?

As in.."I can believe anything I want based on a verse taken out of context"
The Bible does not mention Protestant nor Catholic. Nor does it mention Lutheran, Baptist, Pentecostal, Jehova’s Witnesses, Mormons or any other name but Christian. The New Testament states believers being called Christian three times. Furthermore, Paul the apostle who wrote the majority of the New Testament stated that there is only ONE faith; thereby making all others false. He even said to not allow divisions which are denominations.
Now, is it possible for an individual to make it to Heaven though they attend a false religion? It is possible, but not probable. It’s hard enough to get to Heaven with the right instruction manual. The wrong instructions will most likely lead you down the wrong path. That’s why Jesus warned us of the straight and narrow path, as few will travel it.

Reactions: Paul Christensen

Yehren

Sep 12, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How come you failed to say "Catholics also disagree with Catholics"? There is a whole bunch of Catholics who reject the changes to the Mass

Well, not a whole bunch...

Traditionalist Catholics were disturbed by the liturgical changes that followed the Second Vatican Council, which they feel stripped the liturgy of its outward sacredness and made it too Protestant, eroding faith in the real presence of Christ in the Eucharist. Many also oppose the social teachings given by the Church during and after the Council, and see the teaching on ecumenism as blurring the distinction between Catholicism and other religions.
Traditionalist Catholicism - Wikipedia

These guys want to keep a wall of separation between Roman Catholics and other Christians, a position that is clearly not God's will.

Some have put themselves in the weird position of denying the authority of The Church to maintain what they see as the authority of The Church. A few even argue that there is no pope at this time.

With over 1.2 billion Roman Catholics following the The Church, the dissidents amount to very little. I accept The Church's teaching that a Christian should never deny anything that is true or holy in other denominations, so I accept that these dissidents are largely good Christians who follow their conscience and are no less likely to be saved than Roman Catholics, Protestants, Eastern Orthodox, or other such churches and denominations.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your theory is funny. I would bet you do not know all Baptists, Lutherans, Pentecostals, Methodists or Catholics to know what they agree or disagree with.
Ummmm.....it doesn't matter what "all" of those individual people believe. CLEARLY we are talking about the doctrine of each individual denomination.

Soooo your statement that my "theory is funny" is bizarre since I did not submit a theory.

Last edited:

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have the Truth, can't speak for you.
Really?? YOU have the Truth?? o_O

Why should Christians go to anyone else but YOU in search of the Truth???

Either you are being facetious or you are very arrogant.

Thank you for your time.

Reactions: Episkopos

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How come you failed to say "Catholics also disagree with Catholics"? There is a whole bunch of Catholics who reject the changes to the Mass since Pope Paul messed with it, Vatican II, Pope Francis, and a whole lot of terrible Catholic baggage. So don't sweep that under the rug. There are plenty of clerics doing exactly that.
Hi Enoch,

I get the gist of what you are saying. There is not doubt that there are persons within each denomination that disagree with each other. The point I was trying to make was that the Lutheran CHURCH doctrine disagrees with the Baptist Churches doctrine and their doctrine disagrees with the Methodist doctrine etc etc. I was not speaking of each individual person inside those denominations.

If a person disagrees with the doctrine of their denomination and practices the opposite of that doctrine are they really a member of that denomination? I would argue by attendance only are they a member.....in their heart they are not a member. Scripture says Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.

Hope that clears things up....Respectfully, Mary

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Enoch,

My question to you would be who is right?

The several thousand Catholics (out of billions) that have rejected the changes? OR The leaders of The Church who have the authority to change it?

Curious Mary

Maybe @mailmandan can help you out since they "liked" your response?

Seasoned by Grace

Feb 15, 2020
Northwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm wondering why is there so much discussion on this topic, when to me the simple question back is, "Are the protestants following the word of God in prayer and seeking God's truth in His word in prayer, by allowing the Holy Spirit in prayer, to lead them rather than adjusting God's word to suit their own desires?"

I think that simple question could be asked of anyone including myself.

Ask a Jew, ask a Mormon, ask a Catholic, ask a Jehovah Witness, evangelicals, and the list goes on.

There's only one simple answer - YES or NO.

Man has taken God's word and TWISTED it and given it new meanings where there should be none, but get past the "PEA GAME" of shuffling God's word around, and get back to it's simplicity and there's still only one question and ONE ANSWER - YES or NO.

God bless you all as you continue on your way.
My name is OLIGOS

Reactions: Yehren

Yehren

Sep 12, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think that simple question could be asked of anyone including myself.

Yes. Well said. We should be constantly asking this of ourselves.

And yes, we see twisting of His word by people of all denominations. And others in those same denominations who are following His word to the best of their ability to understand it. How will you know?

As yourself: am I following the two Great Commandments?

• Love God with all your heart and all your mind.
  • Love your neighbor as yourself.
If you are, Jesus says that everything else follows from that. And that's pretty easy to understand, hard as it is for man to do.

Seasoned by Grace

Feb 15, 2020
Northwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes. Well said. We should be constantly asking this of ourselves.

And yes, we see twisting of His word by people of all denominations. And others in those same denominations who are following His word to the best of their ability to understand it. How will you know?

As yourself: am I following the two Great Commandments?

• Love God with all your heart and all your mind.
  • Love your neighbor as yourself.
If you are, Jesus says that everything else follows from that. And that's pretty easy to understand, hard as it is for man to do.

I loved your answer, not because you agreed with me, but because of the scriptures you quoted and YOU AGREED WITH GOD.:)
default_thumbup2.gif