Are Protestants "saved? "

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Mar 30, 2020
Arlington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"You must be born again". Has nothing to do with religious preference.
truthseekersasciencespiritual.blogspot.com/

amazon.com/s?k=9781641407922&ref=nb_sb_noss

" #Church" is arguably the most misunderstood and abused word in the English language. That goofy-looking building with a steeple is NOTa'church', it is a man-exalting tradition stemming all the way back to the Tower of #Babel

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
In fact, not one of your passages says that one is justified by faith alone. And as you have tried to ignore, God says that we are justified by works and faith. We understand why you don't want to believe it; Luther himself wanted to remove James from the Bible, correctly arguing that it contradicted his new doctrine of "faith alone."

Luther was being honest about it.

And you're getting boring about it, trotting out the same old revisions of James 2; all your excuses and revisions are powerless against God's word.
Bro, I have to vehemently disagree with you in your thinking that something you are doing... Love... Saves you. It doesn't. Not one bit. Your salvation was accomplished 2000 years ago in and through the death and Resurrection of Christ. There is nothing, not one thing, that you can add to that or change it or affect it in any way. It is a done deal. All mankind, and you included, is fully and completely justified by the blood of Christ.
All you have to do today, 2000 years later... Is believe it. That's it. That is all God asks of us. Believe. Accept His offer of salvation. Believe the gospel.
Now of course one cannot deny that works... Love... Etc isn't involved in our salvation. We are called to walk in holiness. We are called to love. We are called to obedience. Our salvation and our justification does not do away with God's commandments. But works... Love... Are the result of an ongoing fruitful relationship with Christ and the Father. If we are abiding in the Vine, and thus receiving our nourishment and life giving power from Christ, then we become as He is. Holy. Undefiled. Pure. Righteous. We walk as He walked. Christ in us, the hope of glory. And the evidence of His presence and Spirit in our lives is the love we have for Him, our neighbors, and even our enemies. And it is our words, our deeds or actions, by which we are judged. They are not the pudding. They are the proof of it.

Reactions: Eternally Grateful

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If I were to listen to you and not those men would I be saved?
you better not listen to me or them

You better listen to God

If they are wrong. You will go to hell. they will not take your place

same with me

same with any man.

The jews who put their faith in the elders of Israel and claimed to follow abraham and Moses. Will they go to heaven? (remember these ame people crucified Christ)

are you willing to make the same mistake they did?

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your church?

No. They have not followed God since the 3rd century
Not just my church; any church?

The Elders of ANY church don’t listen to God?

why the 3rd century? What happened at that time in history?

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
you better not listen to me or them

You better listen to God

If they are wrong. You will go to hell. they will not take your place

same with me

same with any man.

The jews who put their faith in the elders of Israel and claimed to follow abraham and Moses. Will they go to heaven? (remember these ame people crucified Christ)

are you willing to make the same mistake they did?
But if your listening to God....how can you be wrong?

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But if your listening to God....how can you be wrong?
its not about me, Its about you

I am secure in my faith. I know what god has shown me, and I have seen his work in my life and I know where I am going when I leave this earth, there is no doubt, there is no fear. there is assurance, there is faith based on the evidence in scripture and in the universe, the evidence of things not seen (Heb 1)

I have gone to your church, I have spoken to people from your church, and I have studied your church.

I can not find that security, that peace of mind, in your church.

its up to you to decide, Is your eternity yworth you blindly following men, Or is it worth truly investigating?

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You listen to and follow God. Since your theory is that the men of my church don’t listen to and follow him I would be better off coming to you for guidance on Scripture?
stop with the nonsense

Thats why no one can ever have any proper discussion with a catholic. you all play the same mind games and refuse to sit down and have an actual discussion.

It is obvious you have no desire to discuss, You twist everything people say. and try to make it look like something else

I have told you numerous times not to listen to me, to listen to God. Yet you keep insisting as if I am saying you should listen to me

You want to play games, go find someone who wants to play games with you

Eternity is far to long, You do what you want.

I am secure in what I believe. if you do not like it. I can not help you.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
its not about me, Its about you

I am secure in my faith. I know what god has shown me, and I have seen his work in my life and I know where I am going when I leave this earth, there is no doubt, there is no fear. there is assurance, there is faith based on the evidence in scripture and in the universe, the evidence of things not seen (Heb 1)

I have gone to your church, I have spoken to people from your church, and I have studied your church.

I can not find that security, that peace of mind, in your church.

its up to you to decide, Is your eternity yworth you blindly following men, Or is it worth truly investigating?
Ok....i have listened to God and I have decided you’re wrong. Where do we go from here?

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have studied history and you dodged my question: should I not listen to the Elders of ANY church?
You should do what God demanded

You take what any man says, You test it with scripture to make sure what that man says lines up with scripture.

And them you make your own decision

I have told you this numerous times now. But that seems to go over your head or you just can not hear.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ok....i have listened to God and I have decided you’re wrong. Where do we go from here?
you tell me you listen to your church and I must, now you tell me you listen to God

Sorry I am not buying it

how about this,

You continue to try to earn your salvation

I will continue to live out the salvation God has already given me.

Hows that?

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
stop with the nonsense

Thats why no one can ever have any proper discussion with a catholic. you all play the same mind games and refuse to sit down and have an actual discussion.

It is obvious you have no desire to discuss, You twist everything people say. and try to make it look like something else

I have told you numerous times not to listen to me, to listen to God. Yet you keep insisting as if I am saying you should listen to me

You want to play games, go find someone who wants to play games with you

Eternity is far to long, You do what you want.

I am secure in what I believe. if you do not like it. I can not help you.
Hmmmm...you said that you listen to God and the men of my church don’t so I shouldn’t listen to them. It only makes sense that I should listen to YOU and not them....but you then tell me to NOT LISTEN TO YOU EITHER....confusing

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You should do what God demanded

You take what any man says, You test it with scripture to make sure what that man says lines up with scripture.

And them you make your own decision

I have told you this numerous times now. But that seems to go over your head or you just can not hear.
That is why Christianity is in the mess it’s in and Jesus prayer will NEVER be fulfilled because everyone has made their own decision ....we are not one with one doctrine.

I have listened to God and tested what you said against scripture and you are wrong ....where do we go from here?

Mary

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
you tell me you listen to your church and I must, now you tell me you listen to God

Sorry I am not buying it

how about this,

You continue to try to earn your salvation

I will continue to live out the salvation God has already given me.

Hows that?
let me see if I got this right. I tell you that I listen to God but your not buying it? You don’t believe me?

But I’m supposed to believe you when you say that you listen to God? Confusing