Are Some Unable To Be Renewed To Repentance?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Well, yes, Satan is a prime example. Those who take the mark of the beast are unpardonable as well, though others may have a different opinion about that.
They are lost after an encounter with 3 angels preaching to them personally in Rev 14.
This is an extreme act of the Grace of God they reject.

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They are lost after an encounter with 3 angels preaching to them personally in Rev 14.
This is an extreme act of the Grace of God they reject.

One thing is clear to me, at no point does it even imply that those who receives the mark or worships the beasts image can be redeemed. You will be without excuse it seems, especially if you claim to be a believer. For those claiming otherwise, if you are alive during this time and you want to test God, go for it, knock yourself out. At the end of the day, its every soul for himself. I'm more concerned about mine than I am yours, its a basic survival instinct, self preservation. :)

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
One thing is clear to me, at no point does it even imply that those who receives the mark or worships the beasts image can be redeemed. You will be without excuse it seems, especially if you claim to be a believer. For those claiming otherwise, if you are alive during this time and you want to test God, go for it, knock yourself out. At the end of the day, its every soul for himself. I'm more concerned about mine than I am yours, its a basic survival instinct, self preservation. :)
I agree. I am saying that those that receive the mark have their names removed from the book of life at the foundation of the world.
The angels in Rev 14 preach to them anyway.
This is mercy extended, but rejected, justifying the removal of their names before the world began.

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe it. I don't think that those who are in that state care any longer about being lost, though. They are the ones that mock anything having to do with God.

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
"For in the case of those who have once been enlightened and have tasted of the heavenly gift and have been made partakers of the Holy Spirit, and have tasted the good word of God and the powers of the age to come, and then have fallen away, it is impossible to renew them again to repentance, since they again crucify to themselves the Son of God and put Him to open shame" (Hebrews 6:4-6).

I want to give my take on this Scripture to make a bit clearer exactly who this Scripture refers to.

Right at the outset I want to say that it does not refer to genuine believers who fall into sin while yet retaining their general faith in Christ. I know they need to repent, and the opportunity for repentance is always open to them without restriction of any kind. We need to not only confess our sins but to keep our bodies under subjection by doing what we can to forsake any sinful habit patterns we might have. We need the strength of the Holy Spirit to accomplish it in most cases. That is a given.

The Scripture also doesn't apply to atheists, agnostics and cult members who have never known the truth of the gospel, have never received Christ or partaken of the Holy Spirit. The door to repentance is always open to them.

But there is a class of people where the Scripture does apply and that the door to repentance is firmly closed to them. These are the ones who previously received Christ, got filled with the Holy Spirit, and enjoyed the Christian life for a period of time. Then, knowing full well what they were doing, they decided, or some reason, to reject Christ totally and go back to a sinful, atheistic world-view. According to the Scripture I have quoted, there is no way they can be restored to repentance and faith in Christ again. The door is firmly closed against them. Now some may not be able to accept that because the God they believe in has to accept everyone who desires repentance back into the fold, even though the Scripture says differently.

We see the example of Esau, when he lost his birthright and blessing, sought it earnestly with tears, but to no avail. Because he sold his birthright to Jacob, he had lost it forever. He had it and rejected it. This is the same as a person who receives Christ, and then afterward totally rejects Him and declares himself as an atheist. He fits right into the person described in the Scripture as totally unable to be restored to repentance because he has trodden the blood of Christ underfoot and crucified Christ afresh.

Now, this is the reason why some atheists on Christianforums.com and possibly on this forum, who were once born-again Christians, but for some reason, have rejected Christ and departed the faith altogether and declared that they are atheists, in spite of every attempts to persuade them to see reason and re-affirm faith in Christ, they remain totally adamant in their atheism, to the point of viciously attacking those believers who try to help them see and understand the gospel.

The fact is, they fully understand the gospel, they have already experienced what it is to be a born-again believer filled with the Holy Spirit, but with that full knowledge, they have rejected Christ, trodden His blood underfoot and crucified Him afresh, and so there is no way they can repent; and so they can do no other but argue vehemently against any attempt to persuade them back to faith in Christ.

Even if they do decide to attempt to come back to Christ, and seek Him with remorse and many tears, their hearts cannot be changed, because the door to repentance is firmly closed against them. This is because a person can repent only through the work of the Holy Spirit, and if the Holy Spirit doesn't do it, there is no way they can repent. So although they might desire to undo their tragic rejection of Christ, they can only wait in fear for the judgement time where they will have to face the Lord and give an account for their rejection.

An example of one such atheist is the one who said in a post that they were once a born-again Christian, filled with the Holy Spirit, but because of an incident in their church, they decided to abandon the faith and become an atheist. Another person, who happened to be the Principal of a school I taught at, told me that he was a Spirit-filled Christian once, but because of all the "hypocrites" in the church, he decided to leave it and become and atheist. He told me that he wanted to go to hell, because his wife was also atheist and he wanted to go to where she is going so he wouldn't be separated from her. How very, very sad for him and her! So, according to the Hebrews 6 Scripture, there is little possibility that they will ever be restored to repentance.
'For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened,
.. and have tasted of the heavenly gift,
.... and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost,
...... And have tasted the good word of God,
........ and the powers of the world to come,
If they shall fall away,
.. to renew them again unto repentance;
.... seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh,
...... and put him to an open shame.'

(Hebrews 6:4-5)

Hello @Paul Christensen,

There are verses leading up to this that need to be considered, for these verses start with the word, 'for'. The words immediately before this in verse 3, are:- ' ... And this will we do, if God permit. ' What is it that cannot be done, unless God permit it? It is important that we know, for the words of verses 4-5 quoted above, (the subject of this thread), give the reason why God may not permit it.

'Therefore leaving the principles of the doctrine of Christ,
let us go on unto perfection;
.. not laying again the foundation
.... of repentance from dead works,
...... and of faith toward God,
........ Of the doctrine of baptisms,
.......... and of laying on of hands,
............ and of resurrection of the dead,
.............. and of eternal judgement.
................ And this will we do,
.................. if God permit.'

(Hebrews 6:1-3)

These words begin with the word, 'therefore', which is also indicative that this is the conclusion of an argument which preceded it, and may have relevance to what is said in Hebrews 6:4-5.

'Of whom we have many things to say, and hard to be uttered,
seeing ye are dull of hearing.
For when for the time ye ought to be teachers,
ye have need that one teach you again which be the first principles of the oracles of God;
and are become such as have need of milk, and not of strong meat.
For every one that useth milk is unskilful in the word of righteousness: for he is a babe.
But strong meat belongeth to them that are of full age,
even those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil.'

(Hebrews 5:11-14)

* These Hebrew believers were 'dull of hearing', and needed to be taught again the very first principles of God, needing milk and not strong meat. They were not skilful in the word of righteousness. They were babes, and not of full age, their senses had not been exercised to discern good and evil.

* The writer had much he wanted to say to them, but he could not because of their condition, This is what led to the words of Hebrews 6:1 and the word, 'Therefore'. He urges then to leave babyhood behind, and go on unto maturity, but it is followed by the words, 'if God permit'.

Why? Because these Hebrew believers were wavering and on the verge of falling back into Judaism, and placing themselves back under the law, thereby seeking to establish their own righteousness, instead of submitting themselves unto the righteousness of God, by faith. By doing so, they would make Christ of no effect to them, they would have fallen from grace (Romans 10:3 & Galatians 5:4). For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to all who believe (Galatians 10:4). God would not permit them to go on unless they were ready, for their fall would be great. Praise God for His Mercy and His grace!

The words of Hebrews 6:4-5, must be kept within it's context, and to those to whom the letter was written, at the time it was written, and not transferred to believers in this dispensation, for whom it has no application.

In Christ Jesus
Chris

Last edited:

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If they shall fall away,

Hello @Paul Christensen,

There are verses leading up to this that need to be considered, for these verses start with the word, 'for'. The words immediately before this in verse 3, are:- ' ... And this will we do, if God permit. ' What is it that cannot be done, unless God permit it? It is important that we know, for the words of verses 4-5 quoted above, (the subject of this thread), give the reason why God may not permit it.

These words begin with the word, 'therefore', which is also indicative that this is the conclusion of an argument which preceded it, and may have relevance to what is said in Hebrews 6:4-5.

ye have need that one teach you again which be the first principles of the oracles of God;
For every one that useth milk is unskilful in the word of righteousness: for he is a babe.
even those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil.'

* These Hebrew believers were 'dull of hearing', and needed to be taught again the very first principles of God, needing milk and not strong meat. They were not skilful in the word of righteousness. They were babes, and not of full age, their senses had not been exercised to discern good and evil.

* The writer had much he wanted to say to them, but he could not because of their condition, This is what led to the words of Hebrews 6:1 and the word, 'Therefore'. He urges then to leave babyhood behind, and go on unto maturity, but it is followed by the words, 'if God permit'.

Why? Because these Hebrew believers were wavering and on the verge of falling back into Judaism, and placing themselves back under the law, thereby seeking to establish their own righteousness, instead of submitting themselves unto the righteousness of God, by faith. By doing so, they would make Christ of no effect to them, they would have fallen from grace (Romans 10:3 & Galatians 5:4). For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to all who believe (Galatians 10:4). God would not permit them to go on unless they were ready, for their fall would be great. Praise God for His Mercy and His grace!

The words of Hebrews 6:4-5, must be kept within it's context, and to those to whom the letter was written, at the time it was written, and not transferred to believers in this dispensation, for whom it has no application.

In Christ Jesus
Chris
If I may, the context of the passage is about going back to find salvation per the Law, which crucifies the son of God afresh and puts him to an open shame.....nullifying the cross in the mind.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Verse 13 says, “They’re unskillful in the word of righteousness.” The word “unskillful” means without experience. They had no experience in righteousness.

Verse 14, “But solid food belongs to them that are of full age, even those by reason of use – who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil.”

These Jews are lost men, they’ve never experienced the righteousness of Christ.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Paul is saying there dull of hearing, so spiritualy immature that they need to go back to the milk the Old Testament principles of the Christ, He wishes to talk to them about Melcizadech, but can’t do that till chapter 7.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So, it’s a serious warning then, to them who hear, who know the truth, but who make no response of faith in Christ. Maybe those who go to church, who understand it all, who maybe even believe it, who even pretend to be a part of it, but who never know Christ. Like these Jewish people to whom He writes in Hebrews in these warnings, they have adopted a form without a reality. And there are many people in the church of Jesus Christ who have adopted the form, but have not the reality. Jesus said, “Many will say unto me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ and I’ll say, ‘Depart from Me, I don’t know who you are. I never knew you. I have no love relationship with you.’”

So, the issue here is just that. He is saying in a parenthetical statement, for the main of Hebrews is written to Christians, but in this parenthetical statement, He is saying to the intellectually convinced who have not really received Christ, “You better come on lest you fall away and be lost forever.”

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For the Jews in Paul’s time Spiritual maturity is an instant miraculous happening, this is not talking about sanctification of gentiles. These men are on the cusp of making a choice to receive Christ, this is why Paul states if God will permit.

Paul Christensen

Mar 2, 2020
Christchurch
www.personal-communication.org.nz
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
If they shall fall away,

Hello @Paul Christensen,

In Christ Jesus
Chris
An informative and reasonable reply.

It appears that the things we should not be returning to as mature believers are those things that should be established in our Christian walk and we should not be quibbling about them like babes in Christ who haven't yet got all their essential "ducks in a row". This why Paul told the Corinthians that he could not deal with them as mature believers but as carnal people being able to ingest only the milk of the Word instead of being able to handle the real meat of the Word.

We can detect the "milk" babe Christians on this forum who still can't get their heads around the basics of the gospel as listed in Hebrews, because they are always having doubts and questions about them, time after time, even when others have given true and substantial answers. Some don't seem to get past their basic problem of self-condemnation, anxiety and spiritual depression, just like those unstable believers in churches that go for counselling week after week, wearing the counsellors and pastors with the same questions and difficulties.

Reactions: Nancy and Taken

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
@Truther
@Waiting on him
@Paul Christensen

Hello there,

In Hebrews chapter two, these Hebrew believers were exhorted not to neglect so great salvation, to not let slip what they had heard and believed. They had heard and believed obviously that the Lord Jesus Christ was their Messiah and King. They were part of the believing remnant of Israel,

What they had heard had been spoken by the Lord Himself, and confirmed by the witness of them that heard Him (the twelve). In Hebrews 3:1 they are referred to as, 'holy brethren', 'partakers of the heavenly calling'. They were being urged to 'hold fast' their confidence. and their 'rejoicing of the hope' firm unto the end. He warned them against hardness of heart, unbelief, and the deceitfulness of sin. The warning was of apostasy, or of falling away.

These believers had a reputation for their work and labour of love, done in the name of Christ, having ministered to other believers, and continuing to do so. (Hebrews 6:10) Yet they were still babes in Christ, immature, not strong in faith in themselves.

We have all been babes, we all recognise these dangers, having been there ourselves. These warnings are there to be heeded. How we all need to cleave unto God in Christ Jesus, and immerse ourselves in His Word, being doers of the word and not hearers only, thus deceiving ourselves. Making sure that our feet are resting on the promises of God in Christ Jesus, and not on feelings and experiences, which are fickle and deceptive in themselves.

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris

Last edited:

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Truther
@Waiting on him
@Paul Christensen

Hello there,

In Hebrews chapter two, these Hebrew believers were exhorted not to neglect so great salvation, to not let slip what they had heard and believed. They had heard and believed obviously that the Lord Jesus Christ was their Messiah and King. They were part of the believing remnant of Israel,

What they had heard had been spoken by the Lord Himself, and confirmed by the witness of them that heard Him (the twelve). In Hebrews 3:1 they are referred to as, 'holy brethren', 'partakers of the heavenly calling'. They were being urged to 'hold fast' their confidence. and their 'rejoicing of the hope' firm unto the end. He warned them against hardness of heart, unbelief, and the deceitfulness of sin. The warning was of apostasy, or of falling away.

These believers had a reputation for their work and labour of love, done in the name of Christ, having ministered to other believers, and continuing to do so. (Hebrews 6:10) Yet they were still babes in Christ, immature, not strong in faith in themselves.

We have all been babes, we all recognise these dangers, having been there ourselves. These warnings are there to be heeded. How we all need to cleave unto God in Christ Jesus, and immerse ourselves in His Word, being doers of the word and not hearers only, thus deceiving ourselves. Making sure that our feet are resting on the promises of God in Christ Jesus, and not on feelings and experiences, which are fickle and deceptive in themselves.

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris
Hebrews 4:1-2 KJV
[1] Let us therefore fear, lest, a promise being left us of entering into his rest, any of you should seem to come short of it. [2] For unto us was the gospel preached, as well as unto them: but the word preached did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in them that heard it.

Many of Paul’s audience at that time had the form of but not the reality.

And he was aware of it, this is the cause of this lengthy epistle.
Tecarta Bible

Reactions: Nancy

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"For in the case of those who have once been enlightened and have tasted of the heavenly gift and have been made partakers of the Holy Spirit, and have tasted the good word of God and the powers of the age to come, and then have fallen away, it is impossible to renew them again to repentance, since they again crucify to themselves the Son of God and put Him to open shame" (Hebrews 6:4-6).

But there is a class of people where the Scripture does apply and that the door to repentance is firmly closed to them. These are the ones who previously received Christ, got filled with the Holy Spirit, and enjoyed the Christian life for a period of time. Then, knowing full well what they were doing, they decided, or some reason, to reject Christ totally and go back to a sinful, atheistic world-view. According to the Scripture I have quoted, there is no way they can be restored to repentance and faith in Christ again. The door is firmly closed against them. Now some may not be able to accept that because the God they believe in has to accept everyone who desires repentance back into the fold, even though the Scripture says differently.

Disagree.
Why?
Background:
A person can CARNALLY ...hear, believe, doubt, believe, follow along...
^ while continuing to follow along...
They ARE being partakers of the Holy Spirit,
(HS' POWER, who IS "enLIGHTIng" them, through their EARS Hearing and their CARNAL MINDS, Believing. (clinical and Logical of sorts, but none the less a Beginning of Enlightment)
^ they CAN, at any time of their choosing, participate in an "alter call", publically or privately Repent and CONFESS, Belief In the Lord God Almighty...and everyone Knows...
The Lord God, Responds with...
Forgiveness:
Bodily crucifixion:
soul restoration:
spirit quickening.
His Spiritual Baptism.

The Missing Fact:
Carnal Minds are Easily Influenced and Naturally succepitable to Changing thoughts and Beliefs.
The Missing Element:
A Heart's Thoughts Confession!

A person WHO's Confession IS Carnally Minded...Can Physically Say the words, Can physically go through the motions, water baptism, become a "man-made church" member, be congratulated, and sit AMONG Converted members of "Christ's Spiritual Church"....(even for years) and Later announce "they quit".

They, never were in Heartful Belief to begin with. They were never recipients of Gods Spiritual Baptism.

Their charade, fooled people, did not fool God, and put God to Open (visible) shame...
(As IF, Gods POWER was Insufficient to Keep them WITH Him.)

When God Spiritually Baptizes a man...
It IS, because OF a Heartfull Confession...
And Part of Gods Response IS to circumcise the man's Heart and His Power to dwell within that man, to ONCE and Forever KEEP that man With Him.

^ That NULLIFIES any possibility for A man to be Spiritually Baptized...and then (as if) the mans power was Greater than Gods...the man Leave God.

Glory to God,
Taken

Last edited:

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Disagree.
Why?
Background:
A person can CARNALLY ...hear, believe, doubt, believe, follow along...
^ while continuing to follow along...
They ARE being partakers of the Holy Spirit,
(HS' POWER, who IS "enLIGHTIng" them, through their EARS Hearing and their CARNAL MINDS, Believing. (clinical and Logical of sorts, but none the less a Beginning of Enlightment)
^ they CAN, at any time of their choosing, participate in an "alter call", publically or privately Repent and CONFESS, Belief In the Lord God Almighty...and everyone Knows...
The Lord God, Responds with...
Forgiveness:
Bodily crucifixion:
soul restoration:
spirit quickening.
His Spiritual Baptism.

The Missing Fact:
Carnal Minds are Easily Influenced and Naturally succepitable to Changing thoughts and Beliefs.
The Missing Element:
A Heart's Thoughts Confession!

A person WHO's Confession IS Carnally Minded...Can Physically Say the words, Can physically go through the motions, water baptism, become a "man-made church" member, be congratulated, and sit AMONG Converted members of "Christ's Spiritual Church"....(even for years) and Later announce "they quit".

They, never were in Heartful Belief to begin with. They were never recipients of Gods Spiritual Baptism.

Their charade, fooled people, did not fool God, and put God to Open (visible) shame...
(As IF, Gods POWER was Insufficient to Keep them WITH Him.)

When God Spiritually Baptizes a man...
It IS, because OF a Heartfull Confession...
And Part of Gods Response IS to circumcise the man's Heart and His Power to dwell within that men, to ONCE and Forever KEEP that man With Him.

^ That NULLIFIES any possibility for A man to be Spiritually Baptized...and then (as if) the mans power was Greater than Gods...the man Leave God.

Glory to God,
Taken
I believe brother Paul was especially keen at spotting this.

They had the form of, but not the reality.

Reactions: Taken and Nancy

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe brother Paul was especially keen at spotting this.

They had the form of, but not the reality.

Agree.
Paul had a particularly Really Difficult TASK...
teaching: Gentile's about God, the Fortold Messiah, the Messiah had arrived, that it is Jesus, and what are the terms of His Offering...and Also teaching to any Jews from the House of David, and expanding to Preaching and Teaching to Lost Tribes...
Quite a Load and very Difficult IN Mixed crowds...All having varying degrees of knowledge and beliefs.
I fully see why Paul often used himself as an Example of what he was and what he became, and the disparaging treatment one receives for becoming Changed.

Acts 9
[15] But the Lord said unto him, Go thy way: for he is a chosen vessel unto me, to bear my name before the Gentiles, and kings, and the children of Israel:
[16] For I will shew him how great things he must suffer for my name's sake.

It is a difficult thing to teach people...Trust, Believe in the Lord God, that you cannot see, He will keep you in Belief....and BTW...you shall suffer very HARD experiences Because you Believe.

Glory to God,
Taken

Reactions: Waiting on him

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are Some Unable To Be Renewed To Repentance?
^ OP

Yes, some are unable.

Enlightenment-
OT- extent of knowledge- God and Trusting The Word of God, and Promise of a coming Messiah.

NT- Revealed the Promised Messiah; (not particularly in the Fashion, Israel, the Tribes, Expected).
Jewish men, selected by Jesus to Learn from Him, and continue Teaching to Jews, Israel's Tribes, (their Messiah had Arrived with a Better Testament) and to Gentiles, ( about God and His Messiah and their inclusion in His Offering).

** Israel (Tribes), were Offered inclusion, by Birthright.
** Gentile's, were Offered inclusion, by Adoption.
** The Effect- All could Choose to partake in Gods Offering, through Gods Promised Messiah.

Obviously- an Individual Must Begin Hearing of a proposal/offering, Before, Choosing the Offering.

Hebrews/Tribes/Jews were steeped in the Knowledge about God. One of their Highest priorities; was to teach their children and younger generations the knowledge of God.

Gentile's, for the most part, (were in a sense) copying the Tribes; attributing Great Powers TO A god...but that Gentiles, were making-up their "own gods".

Hebrews/Tribes, having Learned their historical Birthright...then -
Trading that Right off- for "something", "Some" considered "a better Option" for them...was and is...a personal Choice, the Tribes have made for Years.
Keeping that Right is Also- an Option, "Some" have considered for Years.

And the Gentiles...Hearing, going along, being enlightened, having the "Option of Adoption"; "Some", accepting the Offering, Some rejecting the Offering.

Point Being;
Gods Offering- Birthright or Adoption...
Important:
(And not to ignore- an Individual's, birth from babe to adult, all go through the same; hearing, learning, discovery, believing, doubting, wondering, believing, wavering, confused, hoping, etc. and at some point in their own Individual life Make their own Individual Choice;
The Individuals Choice; to ACCEPT or REJECT.
ACCEPT or REJECT...
Being the Individuals OWN Personal Choice. (Not mommy and daddy, a spouse, preacher, "suppose" to choose this to sit well in the community, or the Lord Gods).

It is an individual's choice...yes or no...to make The Lord God their Choice or Not.

The Individual can PAY, lip service, to satisfy other men...BUT, a yes or no, Acceptance or Rejection of The Lord God, is Between the individual's True Hearts Belief and the Lord God.

So, Gods Offering "IS the Lord God", first and above All Other Things...

So, WHAT IS the "other things", an individual might Choose instead?
"ANYTHING"...Out "OF" this World, Out "OF" Heaven...
"Other than The Lord God Almighty Himself".

Some people, Choose: fame, wealth, status, intelligence, beauty, angel's, sports, science, other people, statues, objects, Clerics, blah, blah, blah...

Esau chose, Food, Over his Birthright...and Forever Lost his Birthright.

The wandering People (Israel) in the dessert for 40 years, Lost their Offered Promise, to Land, and it was given to later Generations, WILLING to Trust and Choose God.

Much emphasis is put on "The Christian", as IF, all one needs to do is satisfy "other men", by claiming to BE a Christian.

Christian...is a "worldly" satisfaction for men's ears.
Messianic Jew...is a "worldly" satisfaction for men's ears.
(and Either Can "Change" their MINDS"...fall from grace, and not be Renewed.)

The Lord Gods EARS Hear from a mans Hearts True Thoughts... "They"... are not of Lip Service to satisfy other men, or "get ahead in this World", through "other men".

They have a "New Permanent Status", EFFECTED by the Lord Gods Power, of Forgiveness, Crucifixion, washing, (in Jesus' Blood), Sanctification (setting apart), Justification, (to be entered and remain into the Lambs Book of Life),
Justified to BE, SEALED, Claimed, Redeemed, Resurrected IN a glorious Immortal Body, with a Restored soul and Quickened spirit...Alive Forever more...With the Lord God Almighty...
And SIMPLY Called: "IN CHRIST".... which denotes...an ABSOLUTE heartfelt True Acceptance of The Lord Gods Offering of the Individual's Absolute YES...and the Lord Gods Absolute Acceptance of that Individuals YES...
And the Lord Gods POWER to Keep that Individuals YES, Forever.

Lip service can come and go.
Birthrights can become Lost.
Adoption Options can become a Lost Option.
"IN Christ"... IS Once and FOREVER.

Nearly 80 Times "IN Christ" is emphasized in Scripture, that Permanently Divides such a man from all other men, NOT "IN Christ".

Men calling themselves, Christians, Messanaic Jews, Catholics, Protestants...whatever term they choose...Can Fall Away "from" Gods Enlightment, Grace, and Receiving;
The "status" of "IN Christ".

Glory to God,
Taken

Reactions: Waiting on him

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Truther
@Waiting on him
@Paul Christensen

Hello there,

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris

Very much agreed. And yes, the warnings (and many of them) are there for a reason. I would have to say that most Christians I know are still on the milk. They do not realize how strong their faith will need to be; to finish this race. I can see many falling away, becoming weary in well doing, their love waxing cold, fear gripping them...

"(Hebrews 6:10) Yet they were still babes in Christ, immature, not strong in faith in themselves."

Yes they were babes and immature in many things but, boy they were bold, Amen!

"Making sure that our feet are resting on the promises of God in Christ Jesus, and not on feelings and experiences, which are fickle and deceptive in themselves."

Fickle, deceptive and all over the board, lol. He gave us feelings, emotions to be used properly but, like everything else in this fractured world, we cannot depend on them as, they become carnal and way out of balance. SOOO glad the things of God are not a "feeling"...they are simply, truth...solid, never changing truth.
Good post, as usual Chris :)

Reactions: charity and Taken

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Hi @Nancy,

I take heart in the words of Hebrews 6:3, 'if God permit.' For it is obvious that He would not allow these Hebrew believers to progress unless they were ready; because if they should fall away, the consequences would be so very grave. He drew them to Christ, as part of the believing remnant of Israel. The firstfruit of that nation, who, though the door was still open at the time of the writing of this epistle, still rejected Him. It was not easy for these Hebrew believers, they were suffering persecution from their own people, and were as strangers and pilgrims among the nations. They were wavering, and their faith was in need of strengthening. Thus this epistle was sent to them, to chivy them up and put steel in their spines, and cause them to take their eyes off themselves, off their circumstances, onto Christ, remembering those who had followed the same path before them; those men and women of faith listed in Hebrews 11. Those witnesses who had rather die than deny the faith that God had instilled within them, who looked for a city, whose builder and Maker was God.

Hebrews is not expressive of my calling, in Christ Jesus; so I do not identify myself with these Hebrew believers, for I am not going to put myself back under law, having never been under it in the first place as a Gentile believer. I do not therefore believe that the warning of Hebrews 6:6 concerns me as a member of the Church which is His Body of Ephesians 1:22-23. As such I am His workmanship (Ephesians 2:10), and the work that He has begun in me, He will continue to do, until the day of Christ. There is tremendous security in that knowledge.

Praise God!

In Christ Jesus
Chris

Last edited:
Reactions: Nancy

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi @Nancy,

I take heart in the words of Hebrews 6:3, 'if God permit.' For it is obvious that He would not allow these Hebrew believers to progress unless they were ready; because if they should fall away, the consequences would be so very grave. He drew them to Christ, as part of the believing remnant of Israel. The firstfruit of that nation, who, though the door was still open at the time of the writing of this epistle, still rejected Him. It was not easy for these Hebrew believers, they were suffering persecution from their own people, and were as strangers and pilgrims among the nations. They were wavering, and their faith was in need of strengthening. Thus this epistle was sent to them, to chivy them up and put steel in their spines, and cause them to take their eyes off themselves, off their circumstances, onto Christ, remembering those who had followed the same path before them; those men and women of faith listed in Hebrews 11. Those witnesses who had rather die than deny the faith that God had instilled within them, who looked for a city, who builder and Maker was God.

Hebrews is not expressive of my calling, in Christ Jesus; so I do not identify myself with these Hebrew believers, for I am not going to put myself back under law, having never been under it in the first place as a Gentile believer. I do not therefore believe that the warning of Hebrews 6:6 concerns me as a member of the Church which is His Body of Ephesians 1:22-23. As such I am His workmanship (Ephesians 2:10), and the work that He has begun in me, He will continue to do, until the day of Christ. There is tremendous security in that knowledge.

Praise God!

In Christ Jesus
Chris

"As such I am His workmanship (Ephesians 2:10), and the work that He has begun in me, He will continue to do, until the day of Christ. There is tremendous security in that knowledge."

Total rest in The One! And faith, in knowing He is true to His word and will do it :)

"Hebrews is not expressive of my calling, in Christ Jesus; so I do not identify myself with these Hebrew believers, for I am not going to put myself back under law, having never been under it in the first place as a Gentile believer. I do not therefore believe that the warning of Hebrews 6:6 concerns me as a member of the Church which is His Body of Ephesians 1:22-23. As such I am His workmanship (Ephesians 2:10), and the work that He has begun in me, He will continue to do, until the day of Christ. There is tremendous security in that knowledge. "

I think I understand what you are saying here yet, I cannot help but wonder why you do not identify with those Hebrew believers. The scripture about there being no Jew, no Greek, no male, no female but all are one in Christ keeps coming to mind. I mean, if they were "believers" were they not Christians?
Just my limited thoughts :)