Are the ANOINTED only among the Jehovah's Witnesses?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Emily Nghiem

Jun 16, 2021
Houston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Only God/Jesus are called "Mighty God" and "the first and the last" in the Bible. Jesus is God.
Jesus is both distinct from God and is one with God.

These are not "interchangeable" because God sent his Son Jesus
to be incarnated to reconcile man with God. But Jesus did not
send God the Father to be incarnated and sacrificed on the Cross.

These are two different ROLES: of God the Father and Jesus as the Son.

God the Father, Jesus as the Son, and the Holy Spirit
are DISTINCT but there is only ONE GOD so all three are still ONE.

That does not mean the Father Son and Holy Spirit "are the same things."

Just like the GOVERNMENT is expressed as
Judicial Authority, Legislative Authority, and Executive Authority.
But there are not "three Government" all three authorities are still ONE GOVERNMENT.
But judicial, legislative and executive ARE NOT THE SAME.
They are DISTINCT authorities, but all ONE GOVERNMENT (not three different ones).

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus is both distinct from God and is one with God.

These are not "interchangeable" because God sent his Son Jesus
to be incarnated to reconcile man with God. But Jesus did not
send God the Father to be incarnated and sacrificed on the Cross.

These are two different ROLES: of God the Father and Jesus as the Son.

God the Father, Jesus as the Son, and the Holy Spirit
are DISTINCT but there is only ONE GOD so all three are still ONE.

That does not mean the Father Son and Holy Spirit "are the same things."

Just like the GOVERNMENT is expressed as
Judicial Authority, Legislative Authority, and Executive Authority.
But there are not "three Government" all three authorities are still ONE GOVERNMENT.
But judicial, legislative and executive ARE NOT THE SAME.
They are DISTINCT authorities, but all ONE GOVERNMENT (not three different ones).
Jesus is God.

Emily Nghiem

Jun 16, 2021
Houston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Unity of thought= ALL of Gods 1 truth--And Jesus promised the holy spirit would lead his real teachers into ALL truth-hundreds of trinity religions with hundreds of truths = a lack of holy spirit= a mass of confusion.
It doesn't have to be mass confusion to have diversity of systems.
Look at our diverse languages and cultures.
We have RESPECT for and ACKNOWLEDGE that people have their own native language and culture.

So why not treat all religions as another diverse language?
This helps organize people by likeminded TRIBES or nations so people can work in community.

Similar to the Native tribes recognizing local sovereignty and self-governance,
then having a central "league" or "confederacy" that united the tribes as a whole,
the US adopted this model and kept both the sovereign self-governance of the
separate colonies/states, while uniting these under one national Constitution for the whole.

We can do the same with:
* political parties governing themselves and their members under their own likeminded/agreed platform and creed
elected democratically by those members
* then having the parties organize a multi-party diverse Council where each party can represent their own members

And
* religious tribes governing their own members by their own cultural traditions and beliefs
* then having the group leaders unite in a Elders Council to establish God's truth
and "translate" the message back to their own respective groups using their own local laws and systems those members agree to.

This doesn't have to be mass chaos or political competition for control or dominance.

We can have a Cooperative type council with the TRUE leaders called as Servants.
It would be natural and expected that each group RETAIN their own religious or political ideology and ways of running their community and programs.

Like several states managing their own resources and populations,
yet uniting as one country at the same time.

Emily Nghiem

Jun 16, 2021
Houston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus is God.
But God is not Jesus alone.
God manifests as the heavenly Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit.

As Jesus said Himself in John 10:29-20
the Father is GREATER THAN ALL.
It is within THIS context that Jesus
said He and the Father are ONE.

God and Jesus are still NOT identical and NOT interchangeable.

John 10:29-30

King James Version

29 My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.
30 I and my Father are one.

Emily Nghiem

Jun 16, 2021
Houston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It would have nothing in common with Christianity.
The same way Christianity is not compromised
because people speak French, Spanish or different languages,
neither does the relationship with God through Jesus
need to be compromised just because the person
uses Muslim, Buddhist or Constitutional language for the local laws and cultural traditions.

Jesus didn't compromise the message of the Kingdom of God
by sharing it with illiterate Fishers and Farmers using fishing parables to communicate,
or farming parables. Christianity is not limited to just one language between Neighbors.

We can receive Jesus and live by God's love, truth and laws
"translated" into any language or means of communication that each person understands.

SEE Colossians 1:16 where all authorities and dominions, visible or invisible
are created through and for the Lord (who clearly governs over all these as "Lord of lords")

16 For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It doesn't have to be mass confusion to have diversity of systems.
Look at our diverse languages and cultures.
We have RESPECT for and ACKNOWLEDGE that people have their own native language and culture.

So why not treat all religions as another diverse language?
This helps organize people by likeminded TRIBES or nations so people can work in community.

Similar to the Native tribes recognizing local sovereignty and self-governance,
then having a central "league" or "confederacy" that united the tribes as a whole,
the US adopted this model and kept both the sovereign self-governance of the
separate colonies/states, while uniting these under one national Constitution for the whole.

We can do the same with:
* political parties governing themselves and their members under their own likeminded/agreed platform and creed
elected democratically by those members
* then having the parties organize a multi-party diverse Council where each party can represent their own members

And
* religious tribes governing their own members by their own cultural traditions and beliefs
* then having the group leaders unite in a Elders Council to establish God's truth
and "translate" the message back to their own respective groups using their own local laws and systems those members agree to.

This doesn't have to be mass chaos or political competition for control or dominance.

We can have a Cooperative type council with the TRUE leaders called as Servants.
It would be natural and expected that each group RETAIN their own religious or political ideology and ways of running their community and programs.

Like several states managing their own resources and populations,
yet uniting as one country at the same time.
God has 1 truth--Jesus promised to his real teachers that he would send holy spirit to guide them into ALL truth. And he has=1 single religion has Jesus, 1 single religion has Gods truth.

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
His-NAME is called mighty God.
Amen! And He is Jesus, "Mighty God". NOBODY ELSE!

Isaiah 9

6 For unto us a Child is born, Unto us a Son is given; And the government will be upon His shoulder. And His name will be called Wonderful, Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.

Isaiah 10
21 The remnant will return, the remnant of Jacob, To the Mighty God.

Jeremiah 32:18

18 You show lovingkindness to thousands, and repay the iniquity of the fathers into the bosom of their children after them--the Great, the Mighty God, whose name is the LORD of hosts.

And even your JW bible says Jesus/God is "the first and the last". NOBODY ELSE!

JESUS IS GOD!

Last edited:

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Just to be clear, I have no belief in diversity in the Christian Faith....there is no room for it. All genuine Christians must be united in all things as Paul said...
1 Cor 1:10...
Now I urge you, brothers, through the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that you should all speak in agreement and that there should be no divisions among you, but that you may be completely united in the same mind and in the same line of thought.”

The holy spirit unites people, it does not divide them....otherwise God speaks with a forked tongue......but we know that the bad guy did that. God spoke only one truth that had to be accepted by all. Christianity is no different. There are not many versions of the truth.
SEE Colossians 1:16 where all authorities and dominions, visible or invisible
are created through and for the Lord (who clearly governs over all these as "Lord of lords")
Just to be clear again....when these authorities were created, Jesus was to have dominion over them but we know from the Genesis account that God’s purpose was interrupted by a rebellion that had to be dealt with so that God’s Universal Sovereignty could never be challenged again. His dominion is yet future, after the coming of the Kingdom he will have rulership over the earth with his elect, undoing all the damage that the rebellion caused. After he has reconciled mankind back with their rightful Sovereign, the son will then hand the reins back to his Father. Jehovah was always going to be our rightful King and law-giver.
16 For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:
Once Jesus and his elect have accomplished all that the Kingdom of God was meant to do, 1 Corinthians 15:24-28 will have its fulfillment.....

24 Next, the end, when he hands over the Kingdom to his God and Father, when he has brought to nothing all government and all authority and power. 25 For he must rule as king until God has put all enemies under his feet. 26 And the last enemy, death, is to be brought to nothing. 27 For God “subjected all things under his feet.” But when he says that ‘all things have been subjected,’ it is evident that this does not include the One who subjected all things to him. 28 But when all things will have been subjected to him, then the Son himself will also subject himself to the One who subjected all things to him, that God may be all things to everyone.”

The son is a “holy servant” of his Father. (Acts 4:27) He is an appointed King, but only for the thousand years it will take to “break up the works of the devil”. (1 John 3:8) Then we all go back to square one...the very reason why God put us here on planet Earth in the first place. God’s will can then be “done on earth as it is in heaven”.....that is what Jesus taught us to pray for.

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Amen! And He is Jesus, "Mighty God". NOBODY ELSE!

Isaiah 9

6 For unto us a Child is born, Unto us a Son is given; And the government will be upon His shoulder. And His name will be called Wonderful, Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.

Isaiah 10
21 The remnant will return, the remnant of Jacob, To the Mighty God.

Jeremiah 32:18

18 You show lovingkindness to thousands, and repay the iniquity of the fathers into the bosom of their children after them--the Great, the Mighty God, whose name is the LORD of hosts.

And even your JW bible says Jesus/God is "the first and the last". NOBODY ELSE!

JESUS IS GOD!
Oh i apologize-If you are correct then Jesus is the liar. I didn't realize you had more position and truth than him with God. Jesus is 100% clear-- John 17:3= The one who sent him= Father is THE ONLY TRUE GOD. As for me i will believe Jesus over your religions twisted teachings, they do match Jesus= the darkness=RUN FROM THEM. Good thing Paul believed those words of his-1Cor 8:6-There is ONE GOD to all the Father..
We all must choose who we believe.

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh i apologize-If you are correct then Jesus is the liar. I didn't realize you had more position and truth than him with God. Jesus is 100% clear-- John 17:3= The one who sent him= Father is THE ONLY TRUE GOD. As for me i will believe Jesus over your religions twisted teachings, they do match Jesus= the darkness=RUN FROM THEM. Good thing Paul believed those words of his-1Cor 8:6-There is ONE GOD to all the Father..
You totally evaded the Scriptures I just posted! Jehovah/Jesus is called "the first and the last" and "Mighty God". NOBODY ELSE! Read your NWT! Do you even have an NWT?

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You totally evaded the Scriptures I just posted! Jehovah/Jesus is called "the first and the last" and "Mighty God". NOBODY ELSE! Read your NWT! Do you even have an NWT?
I dont evade them but i don't twist them and contradict Jesus as well. You keep harping on this its been discussed enough. You choose who you believe and i will do the same.

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I dont evade them but i don't twist them and contradict Jesus as well. You keep harping on this its been discussed enough. You choose who you believe and i will do the same.
Actually, I don't know of any Scripture that JW's don't twist the Hell out of. JW's nearly always evade Scripture, even the NWT that says Jesus is God and Hell fire is everlasting!

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Seriously? You post the same scriptures with the same lack of understanding as to what they mean...every time, like a broken record.
I would counter that the term "god" ('ēl/theos) doesn't mean what you think it does. It has a broad meaning that includes God, his son, angels and human judges who represented God in various ways. What you should be emphasizing is the fact that NO ONE ELSE is called ALMIGHTY GOD except the Father. You are so out of your depth in these discussions and yet still you keep repeating what is not truth.

When Isaiah calls the Messiah "everlasting father", we have to understand what the word "father" ('āḇ) meant to a Jew.....
  • "father of an individual
  • of God as father of his people
  • head or founder of a household, group, family, or clan
  • ancestor"

It does not mean only what your limited knowledge leads you to believe. For heaven's sake man, do some proper research.

Isaiah is emphasizing the fact that Jesus replaces Adam as the "father" of all, whom his sacrifice liberated from the consequences of Adam's sin. A father is a life giver.....and Jesus' sacrifice gives everlasting life to all who strictly obey his teachings.

The title "Prince of Peace" cannot apply to God because a "prince" is the son of a King, not the king himself.

Do you never see past your own indoctrination? Or can't you?

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Seriously? You post the same scriptures with the same lack of understanding as to what they mean...every time, like a broken record.
I would counter that the term "god" ('ēl/theos) doesn't mean what you think it does. It has a broad meaning that includes God, his son, angels and human judges who represented God in various ways. What you should be emphasizing is the fact that NO ONE ELSE is called ALMIGHTY GOD except the Father. You are so out of your depth in these discussions and yet still you keep repeating what is not truth.

When Isaiah calls the Messiah "everlasting father", we have to understand what the word "father" ('āḇ) meant to a Jew.....
  • "father of an individual
  • of God as father of his people
  • head or founder of a household, group, family, or clan
  • ancestor"

It does not mean only what your limited knowledge leads you to believe. For heaven's sake man, do some proper research.

Isaiah is emphasizing the fact that Jesus replaces Adam as the "father" of all, whom his sacrifice liberated from the consequences of Adam's sin. A father is a life giver.....and Jesus' sacrifice gives everlasting life to all who strictly obey his teachings.

The title "Prince of Peace" cannot apply to God because a "prince" is the son of a King, not the king himself.

Do you never see past your own indoctrination? Or can't you?
No Scripture? I quoted your NWT. You just accused the NWT of LYING! You quoted YOU. Do you need to consult with Kingdom Hall? Thanks for your usual JW smokescreen but no thanks!

Hell will be filled with people who don't believe in Hell. No doubt lots of Kingdom Hall victims! BUT, maybe God will pull some of these JW's out of the fire.

Last edited:

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
No Scripture? I quoted your NWT. You just accused the NWT of LYING! You quoted YOU. Do you need to consult with Kingdom Hall? Thanks for your usual JW smokescreen but no thanks!

Hell will be filled with people who don't believe in Hell. No doubt lots of Kingdom Hall victims! BUT, maybe God will pull some of these JW's out of the fire.
Your posts are a joke.....the “smokescreen” is called research....you should try it sometime instead of embarrassing yourself......ignorance is bliss for you apparently.....believe whatever you wish. Not our problem.
You will never be able to say “no one told me the truth”.....you just couldn’t recognise it when you heard it. Are you a Pharisee at heart? They couldn’t be told either.
Your hatred shows through in every post.....but you hate the truth, and there is no cure for that.

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your posts are a joke.....the “smokescreen” is called research....you should try it sometime instead of embarrassing yourself......ignorance is bliss for you apparently.....believe whatever you wish. Not our problem.
You will never be able to say “no one told me the truth”.....you just couldn’t recognise it when you heard it. Are you a Pharisee at heart? They couldn’t be told either.
Your hatred shows through in every post.....but you hate the truth, and there is no cure for that.
Oh, a personal attack. Did you learn that at Kingdom Hall? No Scripture? Of course not. Why do JW's avoid Scripture like plague? Kingdom Hall orders?

Last edited:

Emily Nghiem

Jun 16, 2021
Houston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are both attesting the same one truth of God

Because there is only one God not three
then Jesus and the Holy Spirit must be manifestations
of the one and only God also called God the Heavenly Father,
God as Author and creator of Life, God as YHWH or Jehovah
who is eternal infinite and self existent with no beginning and no end
Also expressed as the Alpha and Omega.

These are still the one God.

But because we as people are finite and linear in our language and perception of time and relations, God expresses and manifest in multiple ways as Jesus and the Holy Spirit.

These are still one with the same God the Father . Just the names and manifestations are in different Contexts. Jesus is the context of Salvation, of Justice and righteousness.
Holy Spirit is the context of Comfort and Peace, harmony that comes with God's truth that sets us free and with Jesus as God's Justice that brings Peace by Mercy and Grace

We have different terms for the different contexts by which we experience God's love truth justice Mercy grace wisdom peace but these are all the same God because there is only one by definition of God referring to universal and supreme greater than all else

Jesus is not lying, but we can get into conflicts by citing different contexts so we can't tell were talking about the same God and truth. Clearly as believers we all know there is only one God and truth inorder for that to be consistent with what God means.