Are the ANOINTED only among the Jehovah's Witnesses?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ElieG12

Oct 8, 2022
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus had a savior also ;)

Heb. 5:7 During his life on earth, Christ offered up supplications and also petitions, with strong outcries and tears, to the One who was able to save him out of death, and he was favorably heard for his godly fear. 8 Although he was a son, he learned obedience from the things he suffered. 9 And after he had been made perfect, he became responsible for everlasting salvation to all those obeying him, 10 because he has been designated by God a high priest in the manner of Melchizedek.

I am sure that pastors in Christendom don't teach that to their flocks. :oops:

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus is the mean of salvation because Jehovah decided that:

Acts 13:23 According to his promise, from the offspring of this man, God has brought to Israel a savior, Jesus.
Don't you believe that God sent Michael, and that Jesus doesn't actually exist? Only that Michael took a body, and in that body he called himself Jesus, and then stopped that charade when he died and got rid of that body?

How is Michael . . . an angel . . . going to be dwelling in all the believers, those who were baptized into Jesus Christ? Or, I guess they aren't baptized into Jesus, they are baptized into Michael, an angel . . .

Ephesians 2:6-10 KJV
6) And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:
7) That in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus.
8) For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
9) Not of works, lest any man should boast.
10) For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

Galatians 2:20 KJV
I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

Christ lives in me.

There is no place for Michael here, that's simply denying the reality of so many Scriptures I'd spend a long time counting them.

Much love!

ElieG12

Oct 8, 2022
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I could talk about Michael in another topic. Now I am talking about the God of Jesus and his brothers the true worshipers. ;)

Acts 10:38 about Jesus who was from Nazʹa·reth, how God anointed him with holy spirit and power, and he went through the land doing good and healing all those oppressed by the Devil, because God was with him. 39 And we are witnesses of all the things he did both in the country of the Jews and in Jerusalem; but they did away with him by hanging him on a stake. 40 God raised this one up on the third day and allowed him to become manifest, 41 not to all the people, but to witnesses appointed beforehand by God, to us, who ate and drank with him after his rising from the dead. 42 Also, he ordered us to preach to the people and to give a thorough witness that this is the one decreed by God to be judge of the living and the dead. 43 To him all the prophets bear witness, that everyone putting faith in him receives forgiveness of sins through his name.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus had a savior also ;)

Heb. 5:7 During his life on earth, Christ offered up supplications and also petitions, with strong outcries and tears, to the One who was able to save him out of death, and he was favorably heard for his godly fear. 8 Although he was a son, he learned obedience from the things he suffered. 9 And after he had been made perfect, he became responsible for everlasting salvation to all those obeying him, 10 because he has been designated by God a high priest in the manner of Melchizedek.

I am sure that pastors in Christendom don't teach that to their flocks. :oops:
"Into your hands I commit my spirit . . ."

There is no conflict. Jesus humbled Himself, and became obedient. And before He was obedient, do you think He was disobedient? I think the other possibility is correct, He was sovereign.

This isn't an issue if you accept all the Biblical testimony.

Much love!

ElieG12

Oct 8, 2022
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You forgot the last part of the passage:

Phil. 2:9 For this very reason, God exalted him to a superior position and kindly gave him the name that is above every other name, 10 so that in the name of Jesus every knee should bend—of those in heaven and those on earth and those under the ground— 11 and every tongue should openly acknowledge that Jesus Christ is Lord to the glory of God the Father.

:Bestest:

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If I say OMG I am not calling God the person I am talking to. :stageright:
And do you think the disciples spoke to Jesus with that same irreverence? Like people do today? I don't think so! Thomas addressed Jesus with two nominatives, naming nouns, which you say he was insincere?

1694728546560.png
"the master of me and the God of me", but he didn't mean it?

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Phil. 2:9 For this very reason, God exalted him to a superior position and kindly gave him the name that is above every other name, 10 so that in the name of Jesus every knee should bend—of those in heaven and those on earth and those under the ground— 11 and every tongue should openly acknowledge that Jesus Christ is Lord to the glory of God the Father.
If you are replying to me, see post 77.

Jeremiah spoke of God as "the God of all flesh". When Jesus took on flesh (I don't mean Michael, I mean Jesus), He took on all that comes with living in flesh. So He was baptized by John in a baptism of repentance, though He had no sin, and He worshiped the Father, though being Himself God.

Philippians 2:5-8 KJV
5) Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:
6) Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:
7) But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:
8) And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.

He became obedient. What was He before? Disobedient? Or Sovereign? He is sovereign God.
He took on Him the form of a servant. And before that? Sovereign LORD.

Philippians 2:10-11 KJV
10) That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;
11) And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.
Isaiah 45:21-23 KJV
21) Tell ye, and bring them near; yea, let them take counsel together: who hath declared this from ancient time? who hath told it from that time? have not I the LORD? and there is no God else beside me; a just God and a Saviour; there is none beside me.
22) Look unto me, and be ye saved, all the ends of the earth: for I am God, and there is none else.
23) I have sworn by myself, the word is gone out of my mouth in righteousness, and shall not return, That unto me every knee shall bow, every tongue shall swear.

Unto Who? Unto Jesus. Unto YHWH. Jesus.

Acts 4:10-12 KJV
10) Be it known unto you all, and to all the people of Israel, that by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, whom ye crucified, whom God raised from the dead, even by him doth this man stand here before you whole.
11) This is the stone which was set at nought of you builders, which is become the head of the corner.
12) Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

That name is not Michael, it is Jesus.

Much love!

ElieG12

Oct 8, 2022
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you think Jesus' disciples thought he was their God?

I'll show you:

Acts 4:24 On hearing this, they raised their voices with one accord to God and said:
“Sovereign Lord, you are the One who made the heaven and the earth and the sea and all the things in them, 25 and who said through holy spirit by the mouth of our forefather David, your servant:

Psal. 2:1 Why are the nations agitated
And the peoples muttering an empty thing?

2 The kings of the earth take their stand
And high officials gather together as one
Against Jehovah and against his anointed one.

27 For truly both Herod and Pontius Pilate with men of the nations and with peoples of Israel were gathered together in this city against your holy servant Jesus, whom you anointed, 28 to do what your hand and counsel had determined beforehand to occur. 29 And now, Jehovah, give attention to their threats, and grant to your slaves to keep speaking your word with all boldness, 30 while you stretch out your hand for healing and while signs and wonders occur through the name of your holy servant Jesus.”

They called Jesus "the Holy Servant of God". Learn from them.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

If you are replying to me, see post 77.

Jeremiah spoke of God as "the God of all flesh". When Jesus took on flesh (I don't mean Michael, I mean Jesus), He took on all that comes with living in flesh. So He was baptized by John in a baptism of repentance, though He had no sin, and He worshiped the Father, though being Himself God.
Philippians 2:5-8 KJV
5) Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:
6) Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:
7) But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:
8) And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.
He became obedient. What was He before? Disobedient? Or Sovereign? He is sovereign God.
He took on Him the form of a servant. And before that? Sovereign LORD.
Philippians 2:10-11 KJV
10) That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;
11) And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.
Isaiah 45:21-23 KJV
21) Tell ye, and bring them near; yea, let them take counsel together: who hath declared this from ancient time? who hath told it from that time? have not I the LORD? and there is no God else beside me; a just God and a Saviour; there is none beside me.
22) Look unto me, and be ye saved, all the ends of the earth: for I am God, and there is none else.
23) I have sworn by myself, the word is gone out of my mouth in righteousness, and shall not return, That unto me every knee shall bow, every tongue shall swear.
Unto Who? Unto Jesus. Unto YHWH. Jesus.

Acts 4:10-12 KJV
10) Be it known unto you all, and to all the people of Israel, that by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, whom ye crucified, whom God raised from the dead, even by him doth this man stand here before you whole.
11) This is the stone which was set at nought of you builders, which is become the head of the corner.
12) Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

That name is not Michael, it is Jesus.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They called Jesus "the Holy Servant of God". Learn from them.
Not them only,

Isaiah 42:1 KJV
Behold my servant, whom I uphold; mine elect, in whom my soul delighteth; I have put my spirit upon him: he shall bring forth judgment to the Gentiles.

Once again to Philippians,

Philippians 2:7-8 KJV

He took on the form of a servant. Meaning, before He did that, He wasn't in the form of a servant, He was in the form of God. But He "took on the form of a servant". He "became obedient". Before that, it's not that He was disobedient, He was sovereign. Sovereign LORD.

Much love!

ElieG12

Oct 8, 2022
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Let me tell you something so you don't get us wrong ...

We, JWs, consider Jesus a very important person in the Universe. After he showed his obedience to our God and Father, he was exalted in a very high position, so he became our King, our Savior, a very powerful god, so if anyone tells you something diferent about our beliefs, don't believe them.

One thing you need to understand is this:

1 Cor. 15:24 Next, the end, when he hands over the Kingdom to his God and Father, when he has brought to nothing all government and all authority and power. 25 For he must rule as king until God has put all enemies under his feet. 26 And the last enemy, death, is to be brought to nothing. 27 For God “subjected all things under his feet.” But when he says that ‘all things have been subjected,’ it is evident that this does not include the One who subjected all things to him. 28 But when all things will have been subjected to him, then the Son himself will also subject himself to the One who subjected all things to him, that God may be all things to everyone.

So, you need to understand the bigger context in all the Scriptures to get the right idea of the truth. Jesus never became equal to his Father. After going back to heavens he was blessed by his own God, and that is another indication of the truth about who is God. If you continue to equal Jesus to his Father, you are making Jesus very angry for teaching things he never said.

John 14:28 You heard that I said to you, ‘I am going away and I am coming back to you.’ If you loved me, you would rejoice that I am going to the Father, for the Father is greater than I am.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We, JWs, consider Jesus a very important person in the Universe.
We, Christians, consider Jesus to be Sovereign Lord, the Eternal God, YHWH of the Old Testament, God, who bought us with His blood.

Acts 20:28 KJV
Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood.

Much love!

ElieG12

Oct 8, 2022
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I write for all readers, you included.

Jesus received everything from God, so he can't be God ... God does not need anyone to give him anything.

Matt. 28:18 Jesus approached and spoke to them, saying: “All authority has been given me in heaven and on the earth.

Jesus is called heir of God in the Bible because he receive the kingdom out of God's hands:

Psal. 2:5 At that time he will speak to them in his anger
And terrify them in his burning anger,
6 Saying: “I myself have installed my king
On Zion, my holy mountain.”
7 Let me proclaim the decree of Jehovah;
He said to me: “You are my son;
Today I have become your father.
8 Ask of me, and I will give nations as your inheritance
And the ends of the earth as your possession.
9 You will break them with an iron scepter,
And you will smash them like a piece of pottery.”

Heb. 1:2 Now at the end of these days he has spoken to us by means of a Son, whom he appointed heir of all things, and through whom he made the systems of things.

You should be humble and accept the truth as it is even if you were taught diferently, to get Jesus's real support.

Have an excellent day.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
you are making Jesus very angry for teaching things he never said.
Jesus? Or Michael? According to the Watchtower, Jesus wasn't a real person. There is no Jesus to make angry, right? Just a prop for Michael to use as he conspired with God to deceive the world. To continue that deception even after Jesus', that is Michael's offering of "Jesus'" body, in lying to the world as though he had physically raised from the dead when he wasn't.

Watchtower doctrine makes God into a liar in so many ways I am literally appalled.

Much love!

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Don't you believe that God sent Michael, and that Jesus doesn't actually exist? Only that Michael took a body, and in that body he called himself Jesus, and then stopped that charade when he died and got rid of that body?
Are you serious? Can the life of a mighty spirit creature be transferred to the womb of a virgin in order to give birth to God’s human son? Is Jesus the only human to be called a “son of God”? The answer is NO!
Adam was also called a son of God because he was created, not born. (Luke 3:38)
The savior whom God sent to pay Adams debt could not be a son of that sinner whose defective DNA we all inherited. He had to be sinless and the only way to do that was to send a human to earth who fulfilled all the criteria necessary to redeem mankind. Jesus said he had come down from heaven to do the will of his Father. (John 6:38) Jesus called his Father “the only true God” without including himself. (John 17:3)
It was Gabriel who provided the name Jesus (Yeshua)
How is Michael . . . an angel . . . going to be dwelling in all the believers, those who were baptized into Jesus Christ? Or, I guess they aren't baptized into Jesus, they are baptized into Michael, an angel . . .

Ephesians 2:6-10 KJV
6) And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:
7) That in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus.
8) For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
9) Not of works, lest any man should boast.
10) For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

Galatians 2:20 KJV
I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.
You confuse literal statements with symbolism. What does it actually mean to be “in Christ”?
How are his disciple “crucified” with him? How does Christ “live” in his disciples? These are not literal statements.
Christ lives in me.
Explain how this is so.....how does Christ “live” in anyone? Is it not by how they live their lives in harmony with his teachings? It is our conduct that identifies us as Christians.....living as Christ commanded his disciples to live. At the judgment he says.....

“Not everyone saying to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter into the Kingdom of the heavens, but only the one doing the will of my Father who is in the heavens will. 22 Many will say to me in that day: ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and expel demons in your name, and perform many powerful works in your name?’ 23 And then I will declare to them: ‘I never knew you! Get away from me, you workers of lawlessness!’”

How is it that many are claiming Jesus as their “Lord” and yet are rejected by him as those he NEVER knew? They believe that they have proven themselves to be good Christians, but Jesus says that they did not “DO” the will of his Father. So it’s about conduct, not some airy fairy belief in the indwelling of the holy spirit.....not the ability to perform powerful works, or even a declaration of Jesus as their Lord.
There is no place for Michael here, that's simply denying the reality of so many Scriptures I'd spend a long time counting them.
Jesus has many names depending on the role he is fulfilling, remembering that names in the Bible had meanings and were not just labels. Yahweh is not interested in labels....he sees our conduct and what motivates it. He is a reader of hearts and will “draw” genuine truth seekers to to his son (John 6:44, 65)

Michael is the Commander of the angelic forces and the Bible indicates that Jesus is too.....he is also called “the great Prince” which reinforces his title as “Prince of Peace” in Isaiah 9:6).......so because we have no belief in a trinity, there is no impediment to Michael fulfilling the role of Jesus the Christ and then returning to his post at God’s right hand as “The Word”. This is also a name that indicates his continuing role as God’s spokesman.

Upon his return to his God in heaven, Jesus was given a new name which he did not reveal.
Jesus said....
“‘The one who conquers—I will make him a pillar in the temple of my God, and he will by no means go out from it anymore, and I will write upon him the name of my God and the name of the city of my God, the New Jerusalem that descends out of heaven from my God, and my own new name.”

The Father is still the God of Jesus even in heaven. The trinity is not biblical.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You should be humble and accept the truth as it is even if you were taught diferently, to get Jesus's real support.
I can say the same to you, sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander. If you are going to start talking about me personally in such ways, I'm going to tire of if just like I have of others. If you want to push me out of the conversation, that's how to do it. Write things such as that I'm not agreeing with you because lack humility, or something like that. It's not good.

Much love!