Are the Ecumenical Councils valid?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

epostle

Jun 21, 2018
essex
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Thanks for that information.

'm not sure the issue is mine. I'm just an observer giving my opinion. If Bishops have that authority and are failing to use it appropriately, I'd think the Pope would be disturbed with them. I know if I was Pope and I had to handle cases a Bishop should have, I'd discipline the Bishop; but then I'm not the Pope. It's not my problem.
Philip James gets his information from official Catholic sources. Over 90% of the total media in our culture of death is controlled by Satan. Choose your sources carefully, and with discernment. The media is at war with the Church. If you want evidence, just ask.

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Philip James gets his information from official Catholic sources. Over 90% of the total media in our culture of death is controlled by Satan. Choose your sources carefully, and with discernment. The media is at war with the Church. If you want evidence, just ask.
I like to get my information from the right sources and appreciated the fact that he gave me a good source. If I want to know what Catholics believe, I go to hear what they officially have to say, not to what other people say about them -- that is so much idle chatter a lot of times. I consult the Catechism, Catholic Encyclopedia, and try to find the original documents of the Ecumenical Councils.

Reactions: Philip James