Are You a Christian Atheist?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Of course if there is a contention between parties and it doesn't have to do with a peripheral issue, both parties can't be right. Either one or both of them is wrong, if there is disagreement.

My point being that there is a singular doctrine that can be defined as absolute truth, though there be disagreements between different people who think that they have it.

Reactions: Heart2Soul

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I sure see allot of "Laodicean" type "Christians". Indifferent, never crack a bible, never pray just...sit in a building an hour a week...with their fancy coffee drinks and munchies, like a sermon is the movies. I know at least one Christian who lies, steals, and manipulates. She actually thinks "little white lies" (no such thing, IMO) are just fine so as to get what she wants.
"The love of MANY shall wax cold..."

CovenantPromise

Sep 14, 2019
Northeast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are You a Christian Atheist? believing in Christ but living as though he doesn't exist
You are not an atheist if you believe in Christ, that's an oxymoron. You are a backslider and lukewarm if you say you believe yet do not live His message.

Reactions: Nancy

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are not an atheist if you believe in Christ, that's an oxymoron. You are a backslider and lukewarm if you say you believe yet do not live His message.
More accurately, are you a nominal Christian (who professes faith in Christ); but you live like you do not believe?

And might this be evidence that you really don't believe (are an atheist in your heart, cf. Psalms 14:1, Psalms 53:1) although you are a professor of faith in Christianity?

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
More accurately, are you a nominal Christian (who professes faith in Christ); but you live like you do not believe?

And might this be evidence that you really don't believe (are an atheist in your heart, cf. Psalms 14:1, Psalms 53:1) although you are a professor of faith in Christianity?
i do believe you got it

Reactions: justbyfaith

CovenantPromise

Sep 14, 2019
Northeast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

No I am correct. An atheist does not even use Christ's name in anything. What you are expressing is the behavior of deceivers. I have met quite a few of those in here.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Lots of Christians have no idea what His message is, let alone how to live it! They are too caught up in the brier of doctrine and four track laws

CovenantPromise

Sep 14, 2019
Northeast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
maybe this will help matthew 7: 21 i believe it is

The application of that one in its misuse is even more entertaining.I do not divide scripture against scripture all scripture is good. It is men's false understanding that is bad.
1 Cor 2:15 (KJV) But he that is spiritual judgeth all things...

Mat 7:1 (KJV) "Judge not, that ye be not judged..."

• "Judgment is an ambiguous word, in Greek as in English: it may mean sitting in judgment on people (or even condemning them), or it may mean exercising a proper discrimination. In the former sense judgment is depreciated; in the latter sense it is recommended."
  • Study Notes: The Christian is not to judge hypocritically or self-righteously, as can be seen from the context. [But] Scripture repeatedly exhorts believers to evaluate carefully and choose between good and bad people and things. The Christian is to "test everything":
1 Thes 5:21 (Phi) "By all means use your judgment, and hold on to whatever is good."

• "Among the gifts of the Spirit scarcely one is of greater practical usefulness than the gift of discernment. This gift should be highly valued and frankly sought as being almost indispensable in these critical times. This gift will enable us to distinguish the chaff from the wheat and to divide the manifestations of the flesh from the operations of the Spirit."
  • For clarity, let's use the word discern for the judgment that God encourages. God Bless!

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So covenant, can’t a Christian grow into their true selves? Do you have any grace to spare?
Many Christians are called and can’t seem to get it until their deathbeds....
I really have faith in God that He will finish a work He started
God doesn’t lose

Reactions: Willie T

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Isa 29:13, Wherefore the Lord said, Forasmuch as this people draw near me with their mouth, and with their lips do honour me, but have removed their heart far from me, and their fear toward me is taught by the precept of men:

I would suggest that the fashion in which their hearts are far from the Lord is in that they have unbelief in their hearts concerning faith in Him; although they draw near to Him with their lips and honour Him with their mouth, i.e. they are professors of Christianity but in their hearts they are full of unbelief. As it is also written,

Tit 1:16, They profess that they know God; but in works they deny him, being abominable, and disobedient, and unto every good work reprobate.

I believe that these are professors of the Christian faith who are practical atheists: their mouth says, "I believe" but their behaviour says the opposite.

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The application of that one in its misuse is even more entertaining.I do not divide scripture against scripture all scripture is good. It is men's false understanding that is bad.
1 Cor 2:15 (KJV) But he that is spiritual judgeth all things...

Mat 7:1 (KJV) "Judge not, that ye be not judged..."

• "Judgment is an ambiguous word, in Greek as in English: it may mean sitting in judgment on people (or even condemning them), or it may mean exercising a proper discrimination. In the former sense judgment is depreciated; in the latter sense it is recommended."
  • Study Notes: The Christian is not to judge hypocritically or self-righteously, as can be seen from the context. [But] Scripture repeatedly exhorts believers to evaluate carefully and choose between good and bad people and things. The Christian is to "test everything":
1 Thes 5:21 (Phi) "By all means use your judgment, and hold on to whatever is good."

• "Among the gifts of the Spirit scarcely one is of greater practical usefulness than the gift of discernment. This gift should be highly valued and frankly sought as being almost indispensable in these critical times. This gift will enable us to distinguish the chaff from the wheat and to divide the manifestations of the flesh from the operations of the Spirit."
  • For clarity, let's use the word discern for the judgment that God encourages. God Bless!
sorry but i have no idea what your post is about

Reactions: Waiting on him