Are You Free From The Law?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
This about says it all

laws are made for the sinner, not righteous

a righteous person does not need the law, because when he sins, he takes his punishment and does not try to get out of it, because he knows he did wrong, he did not need a law to tell him what he already knew

This simply is not real or true. NO ONE <knows> auto-self-matically-acting except God. And it's not according to the Word of God who from that He created man, even before man became a sinner, SPOKE to him IN TERMS OF LAW.

The <righteous> who thinks or claims he does not need LAW FROM AND AS THE WORDS FROM GOD'S MOUTH, isn't even an enigma, he is a fool. "The fool says there is no God" is the fool who says there is no Law is the fool who says there is no need of or for the Law : OF GOD!

He who knows he does wrong or right must still be born; he who knows he does right or good must still die.

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
92844428_2848468541933304_5983069977983320064_n.jpg

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The <righteous> who thinks or claims he does not need LAW FROM AND AS THE WORDS FROM GOD'S MOUTH, isn't even an enigma, he is a fool
Really

Rom_6:14 For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace.
Rom_6:15 What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid.

and please show me where God said the "Gentile" need the law...

Rom 2:14 For when the Gentiles, which have not the law, do by nature the things contained in the law, these, having not the law, are a law unto themselves:
Rom 2:15 Which shew the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and their thoughts the mean while accusing or else excusing one another;)
Rom 2:16 In the day when God shall judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ according to my gospel.
Rom 2:17 Behold, thou art called a Jew, and restest in the law, and makest thy boast of God,
Rom 2:18 And knowest his will, and approvest the things that are more excellent, being instructed out of the law;
Rom 2:19 And art confident that thou thyself art a guide of the blind, a light of them which are in darkness,
Rom 2:20 An instructor of the foolish, a teacher of babes, which hast the form of knowledge and of the truth in the law.
Rom 2:21 Thou therefore which teachest another, teachest thou not thyself? thou that preachest a man should not steal, dost thou steal?
Rom 2:22 Thou that sayest a man should not commit adultery, dost thou commit adultery? thou that abhorrest idols, dost thou commit sacrilege?
Rom 2:23 Thou that makest thy boast of the law, through breaking the law dishonourest thou God?
Rom 2:24 For the name of God is blasphemed among the Gentiles through you, as it is written.
Rom 2:25 For circumcision verily profiteth, if thou keep the law: but if thou be a breaker of the law, thy circumcision is made uncircumcision.
Rom 2:26 Therefore if the uncircumcision keep the righteousness of the law, shall not his uncircumcision be counted for circumcision?
Rom 2:27 And shall not uncircumcision which is by nature, if it fulfil the law, judge thee, who by the letter and circumcision dost transgress the law?
Rom 2:28 For he is not a Jew, which is one outwardly; neither is that circumcision, which is outward in the flesh:
Rom 2:29 But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God.

Reactions: Eternally Grateful

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
As his grace, forgiveness and salvation do not compromise God's Law, so the judgement, verdict and sentence of God's Law do not mitigate his love.
Ye well thats why we have grace

Rom_5:20 Moreover the law entered, that the offence might abound. But where sin abounded, grace did much more abound:
Rom 5:21 That as sin hath reigned unto death, even so might grace reign through righteousness unto eternal life by Jesus Christ our Lord.

But hold onto the law if you must.

Reactions: Eternally Grateful

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This simply is not real or true. NO ONE <knows> auto-self-matically-acting except God. And it's not according to the Word of God who from that He created man, even before man became a sinner, SPOKE to him IN TERMS OF LAW.

The <righteous> who thinks or claims he does not need LAW FROM AND AS THE WORDS FROM GOD'S MOUTH, isn't even an enigma, he is a fool. "The fool says there is no God" is the fool who says there is no Law is the fool who says there is no need of or for the Law : OF GOD!

He who knows he does wrong or right must still be born; he who knows he does right or good must still die.
Yet the passage quoted shows the law was not given to the righteous, but the sinner

I know I deserve death, because the law showed me this fact

I know I am unworthy, the law showed me this

I know I have sinned, the law has shown me this

I know I fall short, the law has shown me this

I know my only hope of atonement and redemption is the lamb of God who took my sin

the law says you will not do this, the problem is it does not tell me how to keep from doing this, or every possible means of breaking it, Jesus showed this I. His sermon on the mount

so we have all these people thinking they kept or keep the law, because they may have not broken the letter, or if they have, they only broke it a few times, and only the small sins, they were not like the sinner who commited these grave sins (pump chest) and in the end thought they were righteous, when the law condemned them where they stood

Paul said the law was a schoolmaster to lead us to christ, that once it has completed its task (see my points above how the law drew me to god and led me right to Christ) we are no longer in need of the law.

I do not need told not to commit adultry, it’s in my heart, I know it is a sin, and I know every possible way I can break it, and I did not find that in the law because the law Was not given for that purpose.

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Given to eg, etal, simply
"Question: "How can I overcome a habitual sin?"

"Answer:
The first thing to consider in how to overcome habitual sin is to note the change, or transformation, that takes place when a person is saved. The Bible describes the natural man as “dead in sin and trespasses” (Ephesians 2:1).

As a result of Adam’s fall into sin, man is born spiritually dead. In this state of spiritual death, man is unable and unwilling to follow and obey God and habitual sin naturally follows.""

How can I overcome a habitual sin? | GotQuestions.org

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
I know I deserve death, because the law showed me this fact

I know I am unworthy, the law showed me this

I know I have sinned, the law has shown me this

I know I fall short, the law has shown me this

I know my only hope of atonement and redemption is the lamb of God who took my sin

the law says you will not do this, the problem is it does not tell me how to keep from doing this, or every possible means of breaking it, Jesus showed this I. His sermon on the mount

I know I deserve death, because the Law showed me this with the Suffering of the Lamb of God

I know I am unworthy, the Law showed me this by the Worthiness of the Lamb of God

I know I have sinned, the Law has shown me this through the Testimony of the Spirit of Christ

I know I fall short, the Law has shown me this in Jesus’ death and resurrection

I know my only hope of atonement and redemption is the Lamb of God because the Law says He took my sin

The Law says you will not do this, it also tells me how to keep from doing it, by staying in the shadow of the Almighty.

Jesus in his sermon on the mount showed every possible way and means of breaking the Law of God, is sin. He in truth showed every possible way and means of sin is breaking the Law of God.

Last edited:

FollowHim

Aug 22, 2019
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
This about says it all

laws are made for the sinner, not righteous

a righteous person does not need the law, because when he sins, he takes his punishment and does not try to get out of it, because he knows he did wrong, he did not need a law to tell him what he already knew

This is an interesting proposal, I have never heard before.
A righteous person takes his punishment.

Does a righteous person then die, because the wages of sin is death?
A righteous person repents, confesses and accepts Christs forgiveness for their sin.
I suspect the meaning behind these words is not obvious but particular to this writer, so they will need to expand on them so everyone else can understand what they are saying.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I know I deserve death, because the Law showed me this with the Suffering of the Lamb of God

I know I am unworthy, the Law showed me this by the Worthiness of the Lamb of God

I know I have sinned, the Law has shown me this through the Testimony of the Spirit of Christ

I know I fall short, the law has shown me this in Jesus’ death and resurrection

I know my only hope of atonement and redemption is the Lamb of God because the Law says He took my sin

The Law says you will not do this, it also tells me how to keep from doing it, by staying in the shadow of the Almighty.

Jesus in his sermon on the mount showed every possible way and means of breaking the Law of God, is sin. He in truth showed every possible way and means of sin is breaking the Law of God.
Jesus showed what true obedience is, we call it the law of Christ or the law of love, 2 commands which contain ALL the law and prophets,

the reason a child of god does not need the law of moses is he has the law of Christ, he does not need to be told do not do this, he knows it’s a sin

what he has to learn is to love love does no harm, it does not sin,

RogerDC

Jan 17, 2020
Forster
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I am a sinner saved by grace

in other words. I am a new creature in Christ

sin was my old Nature
I am worried you do not understand this
You're not "a new creature" if you don't repent - ie, stop sinning and start obeying His commandments. God tests and measures your faith and your love for Him by your obedience to His commandments. That's why "works" are essential to salvation and why you will be judged according to your works.

"Works" are simply, keeping His commandments.

Reactions: FollowHim

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Would you be free from the burden of sin?
There's power in the blood, power in the blood
Would you o'er evil a victory win?
There's wonderful power in the blood
There is power, power, wonder-working power
In the blood of the Lamb
In the precious blood of the Lamb
Would you be free from your passion and pride
There's power in the blood, power in the blood
Come for a cleansing to Calvary's tide
There's wonderful power in the blood
In the blood of the Lamb
In the blood of the Lamb
In the blood (in the blood) of the Lamb (of the Lamb)

FollowHim

Aug 22, 2019
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
this is really getting old.

Jesus paid for all sin with the exception of the sin of unbelief.

No one will go to hell because of personal sin. They Go because as Jesus said, they are condemned already because they have not believed in the name of Jesus

Again, BEMA seat is for believers. who will be resurrected by Christ

GREAT WHITE THRONE is for death and hades who will be delivered to Christ

if I was you I would chose the BEMA seat.
There is no sin anymore?????
It is a strange belief because sin still enslaves people. From your sharing belief in Jesus is salvation.
Does this belief stop enslavement to sin, bring love and righteousness?

The law of Christ is still law, love is the power that brings victory, and law has no condemnation because we are victorious in Christ.

Repentance is admiting our failure in sinning and committing to the walk of righteousness. Unfortunately the ideas in some of the posts are compromised, a mixture of positions that do not work. Love is the law, so one cannot argue as if they are different. But love only works from the heart, cleansed and made pure. God bless you

Reactions: RogerDC

FollowHim

Aug 22, 2019
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
You're not "a new creature" if you don't repent - ie, stop sinning and start obeying His commandments. God tests and measures your faith and your love for Him by your obedience to His commandments. That's why "works" are essential to salvation and why you will be judged according to your works.

"Works" are simply, keeping His commandments.
I am confused by EGs answers. It seems his group have taken the language of love and not understood it.

I spent years discussing with certain believers about how love and repentance drives us, and I was opposed as antiChrist. It sounds like they have shifted their teaching but still fail to see what love is.

Without an open loving cleansed heart walking in repentance all will appear confused. God bless you