Are You Free From The Law?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Explain why Paul says "love is the fulfillment of the LAW" in Romans 13:8-10?

"Owe no one anything except to love one another, for he who loves another has fulfilled the law. For the commandments, “You shall not commit adultery,” “You shall not murder,” “You shall not steal,”“You shall not bear false witness,” “You shall not covet,” and if there is any other commandment, are all summed up in this saying, namely, “You shall love your neighbor as yourself.” Love does no harm to a neighbor; therefore love is the fulfillment of the law."
Why do you have such a problem with love. Let me make it easy for you.

1Co_8:1 Now as touching things offered unto idols, we know that we all have knowledge. Knowledge puffeth up, but charity edifieth.

1Co_13:1 Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.
1Co_13:2 And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing.
1Co_13:3 And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, and have not charity, it profiteth me nothing.
1Co_13:4 Charity suffereth long, and is kind; charity envieth not; charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up,
1Co_13:8 Charity never faileth: but whether there be prophecies, they shall fail; whether there be tongues, they shall cease; whether there be knowledge, it shall vanish away.
1Co_13:13 And now abideth faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest of these is charity.
1Co_14:1 Follow after charity, and desire spiritual gifts, but rather that ye may prophesy.
1Co_16:14 Let all your things be done with charity.
Col_3:14 And above all these things put on charity, which is the bond of perfectness.

RogerDC

Jan 17, 2020
Forster
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Why do you have such a problem with love. Let me make it easy for you.

1Co_8:1 Now as touching things offered unto idols, we know that we all have knowledge. Knowledge puffeth up, but charity edifieth.

1Co_13:1 Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.
1Co_13:2 And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing.
1Co_13:3 And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, and have not charity, it profiteth me nothing.
1Co_13:4 Charity suffereth long, and is kind; charity envieth not; charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up,
1Co_13:8 Charity never faileth: but whether there be prophecies, they shall fail; whether there be tongues, they shall cease; whether there be knowledge, it shall vanish away.
1Co_13:13 And now abideth faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest of these is charity.
1Co_14:1 Follow after charity, and desire spiritual gifts, but rather that ye may prophesy.
1Co_16:14 Let all your things be done with charity.
Col_3:14 And above all these things put on charity, which is the bond of perfectness.
You claimed that believers are not bound by any law. If so, please explain why Paul says "we uphold the LAW" in Romans 3:31.

If believers have no law, explain why Paul tells believers that "love is the fulfillment of the LAW" (Romans 13:10).

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You claimed that believers are not bound by any law. If so, please explain why Paul says "we uphold the LAW" in Romans 3:31.

If believers have no law, explain why Paul tells believers that "love is the fulfillment of the LAW" (Romans 13:10).
Dont you understand anything, are you a seventh day adventist,

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

Jesus fulfilled all the requirement of the law, for the Jews, we where and still are not never where under any law, The only law we have is love if you if you need to call it a law. must have something to abide in.

Man some people cant get over the simplicity that is Christ,. Well thats what religion does. Im not repeating myself. If you cant get it now you never will, and if you wont leave your religion than the truth will always be far from you.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus fulfilled all the requirement of the law, for the Jews, we where and still are not never where under any law, The only law we have is love if you if you need to call it a law. must have something to abide in.

Man some people cant get over the simplicity that is Christ,. Well thats what religion does. Im not repeating myself. If you cant get it now you never will, and if you wont leave your religion than the truth will always be far from you.
We uphold the law when we interpret the law correctly, and uphold what it stands for.

By coming to Christ, who the law was given to lead us as a schoolmaster to. And coming to faith, we uphold the law

When we fail to be proud, thinking we are righteous, and are ok, We uphold the law

When we continue to seek out and love others, because of the Love God shared wiht us, by fulfilling the law for us We uphold the law

I can go on and on..

We can only pray others see what we have found.

RogerDC

Jan 17, 2020
Forster
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Jesus fulfilled all the requirement of the law, for the Jews, we where and still are not never where under any law, The only law we have is love if you if you need to call it a law.
I am not Paul, so why are talking about me? Paul says "we uphold the LAW" in Romans 3:31. What is this "LAW"?

When Paul says "love is the fulfillment of the LAW" In Romans 13:10, he's not talking about Jesus fulfilling the law of Moses - he's talking about the obligation of Christians to abide in Christ by keeping His commandmant (aka "law") to love one another.

If there is no law, there is no sin, so in effect you are claiming that Christians cannot sin. Your theology is stupid and absurd.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am not Paul, so why are talking about me? Paul says "we uphold the LAW" in Romans 3:31. What is this "LAW"?

When Paul says "love is the fulfillment of the LAW" In Romans 13:10, he's not talking about Jesus fulfilling the law of Moses - he's talking about the obligation of Christians to abide in Christ by keeping His commandmant (aka "law") to love one another.

If there is no law, there is no sin, so in effect you are claiming that Christians cannot sin. Your theology is stupid and absurd.
I think you have this mixed up

We uphold the law not by keeping it, But by proving that what the law teaches is honest and true

And paul said what Jesus said, LOVE is the fulfillment of the law. (speaking of mosaic law here) in that love never breaks commands, and always does what is good. And in doing so. You will fillip the law

The problem is we do not love 24/7, so to say we personally fulfill the law would be a lie

Mussa Jakotis

May 4, 2020
NAIROBI
Faith
Christian
Country
Kenya
Matthew 5:48 King James Version (KJV)

48 Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.

That is a broken link that you posted.

We only listen to Yeshua/Jesus and totally reject lying Satanist. You must be Sinless and Perfect.
This cant be true.You cant be sinless and Perfect.We only Reach Perfection when we Reach Heaven but not here on earth.

Reactions: Eternally Grateful

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
So much ignorance, how simple do you need this,, Without out the law, there is no "consequence " for your sin.

Does the law save. No
Can the law make a man righteous. No
Can any man keep the law. No -though many would love to boast.

So before the law there was sin, it came with the fall of man, The result of sin was separation from God. As the bible put it, men went to sleep. No way back to God.
Now because there was no law, there was no judgement, because there was no judgement, there could be no payment for sin, men where seperated from God with no way back.
Than came the law with Moses. the Law brought judgement and condemnation, it was but the law that Christ was crucified though HE did no wrong, and now because of the law God could offer up a sacrifice to pay for mens sins so men could have a way out.

Now we have grace, the law has no judgment for those under grace, with grace there is no law, as far as God is concerned those in Christ no longer sin, all HE sees is the righteousness of His son.

But many think they can somehow out do Christ, such is the pride of man.

God bless

Reactions: Eternally Grateful

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Strange how both Jews and New Testament Only brethren miss God's Word about the law.

Our Lord Jesus didn't do away with all of God's laws upon His cross; we're shown this with the idea of "handwriting of ordinances" in Colossians 2:14. Further proof is what Apostle Paul taught in 1 Timothy 1:8-11, showing that the law was made for the profane and unrighteous. Murder, thefts, rape, perjury, etc., are about God's laws that are still in effect today, for those who break them, i.e., the ungodly like Paul says there. What our Lord Jesus did away with was the laws involving the old covenant, ceremonial ritual, blood ordinances, etc.

Paul further explains this in Galatians 5 when he declares that IF... we walk by The Spirit, then we are not under the law. Reason is, because by following The Holy Spirit Comforter, we won't be doing anything that is against God's law. Paul explained that idea too there in Galatians 5.

The purpose of Torah was to POINT to Christ Jesus. It was to serve as schoolmaster like Apostle Paul said in Gal.5, to bring us to Christ that we might be justified by FAITH. But after that FAITH has come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster.

But brethren, go out and do murder, theft, etc., and you place yourself back under God's law. Paul showed that idea too in Gal.5; he called doing those things 'works of the flesh'. Walk by The Spirit and we won't be doing those things. As believers on Christ Jesus, He gives us The Holy Spirit to help us in that Walk. And when we mess up, we are to ask Him forgiveness per 1 John 1, repenting.

So the 2 extremes today are:

1. those who want to follow the 'letter' of God's laws, putting themselves back under the old schoolmaster.
or
2. those who think that Jesus nailed all... of God's laws on His cross, and those who believe can never fall back under them.

Both are extremist views that do not align with Bible Scripture, nor with the evidence in traditional Christian society which God setup through His Son Jesus Christ.

Last edited:

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
This cant be true.You cant be sinless and Perfect.We only Reach Perfection when we Reach Heaven but not here on earth.
Justified in Christ (Romans 5.1) we are seen as perfect in complete in Him, but we still have the principle of sin in us, against which we are in daily conflict as we seek by His grace to serve the Saviour until His return.

Reactions: Davy