Are You Free From The Law?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Maybe because Christ himself told us to keep the law? “Do what they tell you to do, even though they don’t keep the laws themselves”
And Jesus is not weak, nor fading away ! Although after a while, all those opposed to Him will be gone, never to be found again... (except maybe some who are looked upon, as written in Scripture, in their destruction, judged for their sin.

Reactions: bbyrd009

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
And Jesus is not weak, nor fading away ! Although after a while, all those opposed to Him will be gone, never to be found again... (except maybe some who are looked upon, as written in Scripture, in their destruction, judged for their sin.
Yeah, I guess it’s easy to confuse “the law is inadequate” With “you don’t have to keep the law.” Rather than, say, “The Royal law might dictate that I even go over and above the written law in certain situations” or in other words The speed limit in the school zone might be posted at 20, but I might go down to 5 or even 0 if there’s a little toddlers playing on the curb, like that, all because "the law is inadequate"

Last edited:

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yeah, I guess it’s easy to confuse “the law is in adequate” With “you don’t have to keep the law.” Rather than, say, “The Royal law might dictate that I even go over and above the written law in certain situations” or another words The speed limit in the school zone might be posted in 20, but I might go down to five or even zero if there’s a little toddlers playing on the curb
COOL! Not wanting to cause harm to other people, especially little toddlers

seems (is) JUST LIKE THE FATHER'S WILL to you and to me ......

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Mjrhealth the troll again, throwing in posts in between anything and anything but relevant saying and meaning nothing but nothing.
Anybody would think we had stolen your idol from under your tent,. Troll, your answer to everything you cant answer.

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I prefer the testimony of (apparently) true Ekklesia, when they bought OR were GIVEN FREE a new car, , , they take a hammer to it at least a few times... (not the glass).... the things of the world have nothing in them, and they are not bound by any such kind of greed nor fleshly pride. (not lust or desires of the flesh, nor lust or desires of the eyes, nor the pride of life ; all the things (sins) of the world, opposed to faith, contrary to Jesus' Way)

beware how others interpret free from the law imo
(tell em their car got nicked and see if they call the bobbies :D)

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
From an old file: is this still true?
@mjrhealth
QUOTE="mjrhealth" Sorry. I dont go to church, I can not be apart of something that man has created and makes a mockery of God.
Al those who say Jesus is God are calling Jesus a liar
,. END QUOTE

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
From an old file: is this still true?
@mjrhealth
QUOTE="mjrhealth" Sorry. I dont go to church, I can not be apart of something that man has created and makes a mockery of God.
Al those who say Jesus is God are calling Jesus a liar
,. END QUOTE
Dont know you seem to be digging to find dirt when you dig holes dirt is all you find. Was that me you quoted or was it something you added, but than again

Luk_22:69 Hereafter shall the Son of man sit on the right hand of the power of God.

and again

Mar_12:36 For David himself said by the Holy Ghost, The LORD said to my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand, till I make thine enemies thy footstool.

and again

Joh_13:3 Jesus knowing that the Father had given all things into his hands, and that he was come from God, and went to God;

now explain how God can sit on the right hand side of God, and If God has everything why does He need to give Himself everything He already had, religion makes a mockery of all te hthings of God.

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So, the heresy is what you believe? That old heresy that Jesus is not God ?

That would explain a lot of strange ideas.

now explain how God can sit on the right hand side of God, and If God has everything why does He need to give Himself everything He already had, religion makes a mockery of all te hthings of God.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
So, the heresy is what you believe? That old heresy that Jesus is not God ?

That would explain a lot of strange ideas.
No it just explains mens ignornace of the things of God. But believe as thou wilt, most do.. The bible agrees as does JEsus.

Mar_10:18 And Jesus said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God.

and again

Mat 3:16 And Jesus, when he was baptized, went up straightway out of the water: and, lo, the heavens were opened unto him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove, and lighting upon him:
Mat 3:17 And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.

But do as thou wilt. If you need to dig for dirt get a bull dozer.

Reactions: amadeus

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You openly posted your heresy that Jesus is not God in your belief system, whatever it is it is not Biblical at all - not even a shovel is needed.
And again, it is not just that by itself - other posts were strange fire, wrong doctrine, hard to understand until your heresy became public.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You openly posted your heresy that Jesus is not God in your belief system, whatever it is it is not Biblical at all - not even a shovel is needed.
And again, it is not just that by itself - other posts were strange fire, wrong doctrine, hard to understand until your heresy became public.
My belief is not based on Jesus being God, but Jesus being the Son of God, the Word of God (come in the flesh), and the lamb of God that was Slain.

Mat_3:17 And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.

Heresy is the religious person way of saying, I cant answer but I dont like you disagreeing with me", Do you know if every christian agreed with Christ, we would all be one, can you even comprehend that.

Reactions: amadeus

RogerDC

Jan 17, 2020
Forster
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I am confused by EGs answers. It seems his group have taken the language of love and not understood it.

I spent years discussing with certain believers about how love and repentance drives us, and I was opposed as antiChrist. It sounds like they have shifted their teaching but still fail to see what love is.

Without an open loving cleansed heart walking in repentance all will appear confused. God bless you
I agree.
EG's theology seems to be recipe for lawlessness and enslavement to sin - if there is no. penalty for personal sin, we are free to give in to every temptation and sin, no matter how serious or how often. That is spiritual poison that leads to eternal death.

In Rev 14:12, the "saints" are described as those who have faith in Jesus AND keep His commandments.

In John 14:15, Jesus says "If you love me, you will keep my commandments".

1John 2:3-4 says a believer who doesnt keep "His commandments" is a "LIAR, and the TRUTH IS NOT IN HIM".

Rev 3:4-5 says those who "conquer" their "works" will be "worthy" of salvation.

Jesus judged the seven Churches in Rev 2, 3 by their faith AND their "works". We will be judged in the same way.

God tests and measures our faith and our love for Him by our obedience to His commandments.

RogerDC

Jan 17, 2020
Forster
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
This is an interesting proposal, I have never heard before.
A righteous person takes his punishment.

Does a righteous person then die, because the wages of sin is death?
A righteous person repents, confesses and accepts Christs forgiveness for their sin.
I suspect the meaning behind these words is not obvious but particular to this writer, so they will need to expand on them so everyone else can understand what they are saying.
EG's definition of "repentance" is confusing - I think he believes repentance is
simply a change of heart and mind - it doesn't include works, as in changing one's behaviour to stop sinning.

FollowHim

Aug 22, 2019
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
EG's definition of "repentance" is confusing - I think he believes repentance is
simply a change of heart and mind - it doesn't include works, as in changing one's behaviour to stop sinning.
He appears eternally to be a tax collector unworthy of God's favour, sinning and asking for forgiveness.

In discipleship there is a reality here except maturity and perfection is something the apostles aimed for. Once you give up on the pure walk sin starts to spread it's poison. For some this is hatred of legalists who they see everywhere.

Perfection and idealism can equally be a trap, when love has never entered the heart. This is another subject but monastic orders often stray into this territory.

For me the core to our walk is not have a defence and learning to love through pain. Thorns and thistles show how superficial the word of God has gone.

Reactions: bbyrd009

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My belief is not based on Jesus being God, but Jesus being the Son of God, the Word of God (come in the flesh), and the lamb of God that was Slain.
Mat_3:17 And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.
Heresy is the religious person way of saying, I cant answer but I dont like you disagreeing with me", Do you know if every christian agreed with Christ, we would all be one, can you even comprehend that.

Ekklesia all have the mind of Christ, the attitude of Jesus, no longer living for themselves, selfishly, idolatrously denying Jesus is God.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you provide a quote for that I think it will become plain that Paul meant that for ceremonial law, Not civil. Paul is easy to misinterpret and many people do so “to their destruction”

Um no. The word law means law. If he meant ceremonial law. He would have said cerminonial law. he did not. So I suggest you and myself do not add to what paul said.
Maybe because Christ himself told us to keep the law? “Do what they tell you to do, even though they don’t keep the laws themselves”

Why would Christ tell us to keep something we can't keep

He said do what they tell you to do. As jews..

I am not a jew. Why would a jewish priest tell me to keep the law?

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And you would think wrong

That's the problem with you people. YOU THINK to much, Instead of sitting down and trying to talk to people to understand what they believe

Once again

TRUE repentance leads to TRUE saving faith

TRUE saving faith leads to TRUE living salvation

TRUE living salvation leads to true works of God.

Can you show the room you understand what EG is saying? Or will you continue to bear false witness against him?