Are You Free From The Law?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
What do you mean ?
um, hmm. i mean "The best cure for Christianity is reading the Bible" i guess, but as to mjr i would wadr as soon not get involved, as his comments never seem pertinent to me? Never on the subject? Which i take as a failure on my part to be able to hear him, and then after he reveals that there is in fact plenty of condemnation in those who are in Christ, i just kind of move on, maybe check in now and then and see if he has awakened or whatever? To other perspectives i mean. And no sin if he does not i guess.

But what i meant there is just what Scripture says, which i can only Quote, and dont presume to interpret for others;
I said "you are elohim" and
Jesus answered and said to him, "Get behind Me, Satan! For it is written, 'You shall worship the LORD your God, and Him only you shall serve, and even
Why do you call Me good? No one is good but Yah

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
In my example. If I say I believe 2+ 2 = 4
and the other person claims I believe 2 + 2 = 4.5 they are bearing false witness.
but obv we are not working with maths, but concepts, right?
If you quoted an example (not an anology iow) we could maybe see, i might even agree with you, with the understanding that all i have is an opinion eh, i do not know, and everything i say is a lie anyway :)

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Death, More Abundantly"
Casually here, no hurry.....
As in "death, more common", or "death, more frequently" OR "on the road to death (destruction) " ?
As in "Jesus left the temple and was going away, when his disciples came to point out to him the buildings of the temple. But he answered them, “You see all these, do you not? Truly, I say to you, there will not be left here one stone upon another that will not be thrown down.” As he sat on the Mount of Olives, the disciples came to him privately, saying, “Tell us, when will these things be, and what will be the sign of your coming and of the close of the age?” And Jesus answered them, “See that no one leads you astray. For many will come in my name, saying, ‘I am the Christ,’ and they will lead many astray. ..."

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
which believe me i wanna "worship" Jesus too ok, just like Esau and you guys, i wanna go up to heaven and become an immortal too, of course. I am no different
gimme some of that red stew, for i am famished unto death!

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
but obv we are not working with maths, but concepts, right?
If you quoted an example (not an anology iow) we could maybe see, i might even agree with you, with the understanding that all i have is an opinion eh, i do not know, and everything i say is a lie anyway :)
Let do the math

I have always stated that true repentance leads to true faith leads to true works

ie. If you have truly repented you will work

ie. 2 + 2 = 4 (There will he works)

then was accused of saying I do not believe repentance will produce works In fact I believe one can repent and never have works

in this case 2 + 2 = 0 (0 being no works)

so what day you. Was I falsely accused?

FollowHim

Aug 22, 2019
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Oh how people lie about what I am saying and do not understand it, and miss-represent it.
Now whose fault is that, the hearers or the speakers?

It could be I am not actually saying what I claim I am saying, or I do not like how people understand what I am saying or maybe I am not saying what I mean or I may be truly miss-represented.

They say communication is 3 layers, what I want to say, what I think I am saying, what I actually say.
It takes times and some practice to get all three in alignment.
A hearer hears what they want to hear, thinks what they heard and what they actually heard.
Again each layer has its own problems and needs all three in alignment to actually hear anything properly.

In a forum, with a few sentences, these layers easily go wrong. Over time it becomes obvious which is going on, and some will exploit the problem between seeing the truth, and all the layers in between. It is how propoganda works, so bad news can be spun into good news and good news into bad. Liars and frauds will never last long with the people of God, because their commitment is to light and the truth. Praise the Lord.

Most who claim so quickly they are lied about, probably too much truth is seeping out for them to defend, so they need to run away. If anyone cannot face the light, why did they try and come into it?

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Let do the math

I have always stated that true repentance leads to true faith leads to true works

ie. If you have truly repented you will work

ie. 2 + 2 = 4 (There will he works)

then was accused of saying I do not believe repentance will produce works In fact I believe one can repent and never have works

in this case 2 + 2 = 0 (0 being no works)

so what day you. Was I falsely accused?
could you provide the quotes? ty
but wadr sounds like another faith/works debate, meh

FollowHim

Aug 22, 2019
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
i mean listen to yourself, wadr; do you really think i need a primer on what bearing false witness is?

Just for the sake of argument, is bearing false witness not using the exactly same words as another, in the context in time and space that a comment is made, along with intents and understanding of both parties.

One could infinitely say quoting anyone as a representation of their position is a false witness. Pragmatically one has to accept schools of thought and how the layers of an argument work and how other perspectives compare.

Lying in this arena would be saying the opposite of what another party is saying. If it is a perspective of their position but in a bad light, or obviously morally compromised, it can be 100% correct but in no way a lie, it just sucks.

Now legalism sucks when accidental killing is called murder and people are executed. When innocents die, it is unjust. Lawlessness, having no limit or moral defence of behaviour is a place no one should want to go.
People lie they are not under law, while accepting moral outlooks and behaviour. It is like anarchists who get angry when cars run them over on the pavement, sidewalk. If there are no rules, no justice, no consequences, then they have no rights or argument but their anarchy is just hatred of authority figures and having to do things with limits.

To say some people do not understand the basics of how they live and then the language that defines and governs this, is just beyond their comprehension level. Forums easily become full of such folk, who to the university level educated individuals are truly fools way in over their heads. But this does not stop them showing animosity that deserves to be put in the gutter. God bless you.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
could you provide the quotes? ty
but wadr sounds like another faith/works debate, meh
it does not matter what it is

Bearing false witness is sin

If you think it is not

Well thats a problem.

I am done with this line of discussion. The person who did it has been called out. we will see how he responds.

FollowHim

Aug 22, 2019
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

If you think it is not

Well thats a problem.

I am done with this line of discussion. The person who did it has been called out. we will see how he responds.

Just in passing are you:
10 "Two men went up to the temple to pray, one a Pharisee and the other a tax collector.
11 The Pharisee stood up and prayed about himself: 'God, I thank you that I am not like other men--robbers, evildoers, adulterers--or even like this tax collector.
12 I fast twice a week and give a tenth of all I get.'
13 "But the tax collector stood at a distance. He would not even look up to heaven, but beat his breast and said, 'God, have mercy on me, a sinner.'
14 "I tell you that this man, rather than the other, went home justified before God. For everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, and he who humbles himself will be exalted."
Luke 18:10-14

Are you the tax collector or the Pharisee or neither?
No matter how many things we have done, in Christ we have only done that which is expected so cannot claim reward.
In the Lords prayer we pray, "Forgive us as we forgive those who sin against us"

So I would suggest the tax collector is a new convert, who has come to faith but we should not stay in this state and certainly never become like the Pharisee looking down on others. We are servants, following the King, under His grace and mercy, incapable of exalting ourselves above any, rather all are more gifted than ourselves and more worthy of praise, for we sinners, have been cleansed by the King and only by His will do we exist and move and have our being. God bless you.

Reactions: Nancy

FollowHim

Aug 22, 2019
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Can a believer call another believer a liar?
Liars will not inherit eternal life. It is equivalent to judging them like God to hell. Believers truly desire to speak the truth. It might be their view, or perspective, but if heart felt is honest and true.

So the dilemma is using an accusation to a believer who has faith in Jesus as being a liar is sinful behaviour. It also demonstrates a lack of awareness of presumption and judgement from God.

In empathy terms it strikes at the heart of the faithful who desire to follow Jesus. On the other hand a lack of knowledge of this heart connection with the Lord in another, and no sorrow over such a serious accusation suggests no real life within.

I do not think I have called any believer a liar, because I know what this means. I have brought many confused believers before Him in prayer and been told not to be so judgemental.

A seared conscience and hard heart gives free reign. And ironically good moderation stops obvious abuse allowed in some forums, thankfully not here.

The presumption of a bully, is because they abuse others in one place it is fine everywhere else. I truly respect differences because they bring hope for truth and honesty. Things can only change when we see how things actually are. God bless you.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country

If you think it is not

Well thats a problem.

ah, no offense but we are not having a discussion, and never have been imo; this is you, dictating your terms, while i mostly try to catch up? It in fact does matter what it is, if you seek to get to the truth, which is established in the mouths of many witnesses, right? Witnesses you are now, apparently, trying to impede? So no offense but i don't believe you, and suspect that you are the one bearing false witness. Have a nice evening

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Ekklesia all have the mind of Christ, the attitude of Jesus, no longer living for themselves, selfishly, idolatrously denying Jesus is God.

Act 7:55 But he, being full of the Holy Ghost, looked up stedfastly into heaven, and saw the glory of God, and Jesus standing on the right hand of God,
Act 7:56 And said, Behold, I see the heavens opened, and the Son of man standing on the right hand of God.

What more do you need.

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Truth is better than such deception of those who teach you mjr.....

It is better, best, and right and good instead for you to start to seek truth, and keep seeking.
Jesus is God.
He and The Father are echad, with all the Ekklesia.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ah, no offense but we are not having a discussion, and never have been imo; this is you, dictating your terms, while i mostly try to catch up? It in fact does matter what it is, if you seek to get to the truth, which is established in the mouths of many witnesses, right? Witnesses you are now, apparently, trying to impede? So no offense but i don't believe you, and suspect that you are the one bearing false witness. Have a nice evening

1. Your right, I was discussing something with another person. You jumped in, and now, I see you jumped into a converation you should never have jumped in on..
2. next time, Stay out of other people conversations. it had nothing to do with you. And my accusations stands, The person did bear false witness against me. Whether you believe it or not has no bearing. nor do I care.

Have a nice day

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
1. Your right, I was discussing something with another person. You jumped in, and now, I see you jumped into a converation you should never have jumped in on..
but you quoted me? ok
2. next time, Stay out of other people conversations. it had nothing to do with you. And my accusations stands, The person did bear false witness against me. Whether you believe it or not has no bearing. nor do I care.
if you did not want my input all you had to do was ignore the post, right