Are You Just Another Fake Christian?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is it not written
Matthew 15:11
Not that which goeth into the mouth defileth a man;
but that which cometh out of the mouth, this defileth a man.

Matthew 15:18
But those things which proceed
out of the mouth come forth from the heart;
and they defile the man.

Therefore anyone can look upon your heart
by the words that come out of your mouth.

I think you have to watch what goes in, because that is what is going to come out.

Watch over your heart with all diligence, For from it flow the springs of life.
PROVERBS 4:23

What goes in a person will go out a person. Holy Spirit comes in, so that we can go out.

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A true Christian will always walk their own talk.

A true Christian is not perfect. I'm afraid. Literally, I fear a lot. Lately it has been like a fire has been rekindled. Oil for my lamp...

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Okie doki, sounds like a plan. Time to get some sleep anyway.

I was fixing to. But my pastor and his wife were on the road and posted a video of a tornado coming toward them. They made it to safety at a hospital, but I just dreamed about a tornado by our apartment the other night. So I am praying a little while. These recent storms missed Bluffton completely. 7 confirmed touchdowns. But another string of storms will be here about 5am in the morning...

Reactions: Hidden In Him

st3712

Jun 15, 2019
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think you have to watch what goes in, because that is what is going to come out.

Watch over your heart with all diligence, For from it flow the springs of life.
PROVERBS 4:23

What goes in a person will go out a person. Holy Spirit comes in, so that we can go out.
A true Christian is not perfect. I'm afraid. Literally, I fear a lot. Lately it has been like a fire has been rekindled. Oil for my lamp...
An imperfect true Christian will always walk their own talk.
Or they will not talk the walk they will not walk.

B

brakelite

Are You Just Another Fake Christian pretending to be a true Christian?
If you are a true Christian and not a fake Christian,
explain to me what exactly it is about you that differentiates you
from any of the fake Christians.
Jesus was asked a similar question in the desert. "If you are the Son of God, then prove it..." three times. Jesus refused. Why? Because He didn't need to prove anything to anybody, not even the devil. To do so would be an expression of doubt concerning His own identity.
For the same reason, no-one here needs to prove anything to anyone. "Proving" who we are isn't a part of our journey. It is God who "proves" us every day by His constant grace and power demonstrated through and in us. We overcome by the blood of the Lamb and our testimony. Our testimony is that through the grace and power of God we are new creatures., and for that may God receive all the glory, honour, and praise.

Paul admonishes all the disciples of the Lord to prove themselves, to examine themselves, not for the benefit of others, but to ensure they themselves are in the faith. I suggest you do the same.

B

brakelite

@st3712 If however you are seriously investigating who are and who are not the pretenders, the fakes, and/or the weeds and tares among us, I would counsel you to take great care on what you discover...no-where did Jesus admonish us to tear them up, not even openly identify them, but simply be aware of their existence, and not to follow them. So I suggest, if you are seriously here to fellowship and learn and grow in faith, that you take your time, read the various responses to the various topics and subjects under discussion, compare the answers you see with scripture, and judge for yourself what is right and what is wrong... or rather allowing God to be the judge, and you following His example.
Remember, Adam and Eve made the grievous error of judging between right and wrong according to her own personal tastes and senses, through their own reasoning powers and human logic...discarding explicit revelation and true knowledge form God. Don't make the same mistake.

Reactions: Helen and Mayflower

st3712

Jun 15, 2019
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus was asked a similar question in the desert. "If you are the Son of God, then prove it..." three times. Jesus refused. Why? Because He didn't need to prove anything to anybody, not even the devil. To do so would be an expression of doubt concerning His own identity.
For the same reason, no-one here needs to prove anything to anyone. "Proving" who we are isn't a part of our journey. It is God who "proves" us every day by His constant grace and power demonstrated through and in us. We overcome by the blood of the Lamb and our testimony. Our testimony is that through the grace and power of God we are new creatures., and for that may God receive all the glory, honour, and praise.

Paul admonishes all the disciples of the Lord to prove themselves, to examine themselves, not for the benefit of others, but to ensure they themselves are in the faith. I suggest you do the same.
Jesus was not ask a similar question.
There was no such thing as a Christian
and there was not even the word Christian.
And you are required daily to prove yourself by your walk.

A true Christian never ever makes excuses to justify themselves.
They justify themselves by walking the talk.

And all that are of God have to prove it.

B

brakelite

Jesus was not ask a similar question.
There was no such thing as a Christian
and there was not even the word Christian.
And you are required daily to prove yourself by your walk.
The devil demanded that Jesus prove His identity. You are doing the same. In that sense, they are similar.

Reactions: Helen

st3712

Jun 15, 2019
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you see all these words you typed out and posted here--------->
@st3712 If however you are seriously investigating who are and who are not the pretenders, the fakes, and/or the weeds and tares among us, I would counsel you to take great care on what you discover...no-where did Jesus admonish us to tear them up, not even openly identify them, but simply be aware of their existence, and not to follow them. So I suggest, if you are seriously here to fellowship and learn and grow in faith, that you take your time, read the various responses to the various topics and subjects under discussion, compare the answers you see with scripture, and judge for yourself what is right and what is wrong... or rather allowing God to be the judge, and you following His example.
Remember, Adam and Eve made the grievous error of judging between right and wrong according to her own personal tastes and senses, through their own reasoning powers and human logic...discarding explicit revelation and true knowledge form God. Don't make the same mistake.
They are meaningless to the topic of this thread.

st3712

Jun 15, 2019
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The devil demanded that Jesus prove His identity. You are doing the same. In that sense, they are similar.
Is it not written
believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God

st3712

Jun 15, 2019
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

You suggest I do the same?
Oh I have much greater expectations of myself than that which you suggested.

Maybe you should set higher expectations for yourself other than lip service.

God does not reward lip service with praise or honor.

st3712

Jun 15, 2019
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is a fine line between patience and procrastination.
~ The Spirit of Wisdom

st3712

Jun 15, 2019
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Jesus did prove Himself.
On the cross.

It is written
If any man will come after me,
let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me.

A true Christian will always have their cross and deny themselves
and they will prove themselves upon their own cross.

st3712

Jun 15, 2019
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So so far we have:

B

brakelite

So so far we have:

And a true Christian would boast of neither.