Are You Prepared If Things go all "Lord of the Flies?"

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Paul Christensen

Mar 2, 2020
Christchurch
www.personal-communication.org.nz
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
In this scenario, my take is to simply trust God for my provisions always...despite not being able to buy or sell. I would die of hunger or thirst otherwise as, the only thing I do keep in empty bottles is...water. No stocking up of all the other things...I wouldn't even have the room for it all, lol.
I will just trust Him as I always have, for my provisions. Not sure all that is biblical but, it's where I am at this time.
xo
In Auckland, as a result of the Corona virus appearing there, panic buying from supermarkets have cleaned out many essential items, and so there is every possibility that households may have to survive on what they have on hand. So, an emergency like that is not as far away as one might imagine.

I just saw on the news how in Australia there was the big fight between women over rolls of toilet paper! Imagine supermarkets running out of toilet paper. Reminds me of the little ditty I heard when I was a kid:

"Jack be quick and do not linger;
Robinson Crusoe used his finger!"

Reactions: Nancy

marksman

My eldest granddaughter showing the result of her
Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Some nice puns there Lolz.

Anyway you can see the scale of seriousness in each one of these events, especially the March one

View attachment 8768
If we didn't have all these dramas, Labor would not be able to blame the Liberals for everything that happens naturally or unnaturally. What was that they said? Morrison is a bum steer.

marksman

Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
In Auckland, as a result of the Corona virus appearing there, panic buying from supermarkets have cleaned out many essential items, and so there is every possibility that households may have to survive on what they have on hand. So, an emergency like that is not as far away as one might imagine.

I just saw on the news how in Australia there was the big fight between women over rolls of toilet paper! Imagine supermarkets running out of toilet paper. Reminds me of the little ditty I heard when I was a kid:

"Jack be quick and do not linger;
Robinson Crusoe used his finger!"

I wonder what it would be like if they had to fight over hair curlers? Hair today and gone tomorrow.

marksman

Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
A bit of humor helps you retain your sanity. Did you hear the one about the tomb of the last toilet roll? It was deemed to be a national treasure and considered an example of how behind you could get with your work.

Reactions: Josho

Paul Christensen

Mar 2, 2020
Christchurch
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
A bit of humor helps you retain your sanity. Did you hear the one about the tomb of the last toilet roll? It was deemed to be a national treasure and considered an example of how behind you could get with your work.
It's like any commercial enterprise - the work is not done until the paper work is finished!

Reactions: marksman and Josho

Paul Christensen

Mar 2, 2020
Christchurch
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
There is the story about when Beethoven's family home was first opened to the public as a museum. When the first group entered the house, they heard Beethoven music coming from the bathroom. When they entered they heard the music coming from the toilet. They looked into the bowl and discovered it was Beethoven's last movement!

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
If we didn't have all these dramas, Labor would not be able to blame the Liberals for everything that happens naturally or unnaturally. What was that they said? Morrison is a bum steer.

I think it's just a tough time to be Prime Minister in Australia right now, unfortunately Scott Morrison has had 3 disasters he has had to deal with in a very short period of time.

However contrary to Scott Morrison and Dan Andrews, I would say people should probably hold back a bit from going to big public events, and try to stay out of crowded places when possible, if possible, just to help slow numbers from growing due to someone spreading the virus.

Not trying to raise any alarm here, but it's just about being sensible.

Being sensible should go for supermarkets as well, people do not need to go doomsday prepping all at once, we need to make sure other people can get the stuff they need too and not take it all for themselves, but unfortunately too many are doing it and that's leading to items running off shelves really fast.

In the modern day, if there was a world war coming, and if it was known some nation/nations were going to attack Australia, supermarkets would be empty in one day, and you would even be having some human stampedes in a rush for people to get their supplies and a lot would even miss out. So maybe there needs to be a way to better manage this?

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Meanwhile supermarkets have said they would not toilerate oops I mean "tolerate" the silly behaviour of toilet paper wars in supermarkets. Well, seriously 2 women got charged fighting over toilet paper in a Sydney Woolworths supermarket.

But if you do happen to run out or get the runs and run out, this one is absolutely hilarious.

View attachment 8772

You know that in many countries, it is proper etiquette to not touch other people or food with your left hand because of the use it is put too while squatting on the squat toilet. They hang no toilet paper in the squat toilet room but they do provide a bucket of water with a small jug to help in the cleaning process after a number two. It is not unusual to see accidents with the jug when people are leaving the toilets in those places.

In Japan now they are selling high tech apparatuses now that mean there is no toilet paper required nor is the use of the left hand required to clean oneself. I am not sure if back up power models have been released yet.

Reactions: Giuliano and Josho

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You know that in many countries, it is proper etiquette to not touch other people or food with your left hand because of the use it is put too while squatting on the squat toilet. They hang no toilet paper in the squat toilet room but they do provide a bucket of water with a small jug to help in the cleaning process after a number two. It is not unusual to see accidents with the jug when people are leaving the toilets in those places.

In Japan now they are selling high tech apparatuses now that mean there is no toilet paper required nor is the use of the left hand required to clean oneself. I am not sure if back up power models have been released yet.

Never knew, I have been to squat toilets in Malaysia where they have had toilet paper before, but probably been to ones without it too hahaha. But I do try to avoid using squat toilets for no. 2s. Since the floors are usually wet as anything, especially when they got the hose in there and it is pretty much a garden hose without the nozzle. Even in normal toilets the floors can be very wet because they do not have the use of shower screens, shower subfloors or bathtubs all that much, so the shower drain is usually on the same floor near when you sit on the toilet.

Thank God we don't have to put up with wet floors like that much here in Australia though.

It just goes to show how much of a luxury normal toilet seats are, shower subfloors, bathtubs and shower screens are, and yep toilet paper is even a luxury. Haha

Reactions: Giuliano

marksman

Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I think it's just a tough time to be Prime Minister in Australia right now, unfortunately Scott Morrison has had 3 disasters he has had to deal with in a very short period of time.

However contrary to Scott Morrison and Dan Andrews, I would say people should probably hold back a bit from going to big public events, and try to stay out of crowded places when possible, if possible, just to help slow numbers from growing due to someone spreading the virus.

Not trying to raise any alarm here, but it's just about being sensible.

Being sensible should go for supermarkets as well, people do not need to go doomsday prepping all at once, we need to make sure other people can get the stuff they need too and not take it all for themselves, but unfortunately too many are doing it and that's leading to items running off shelves really fast.

In the modern day, if there was a world war coming, and if it was known some nation/nations were going to attack Australia, supermarkets would be empty in one day, and you would even be having some human stampedes in a rush for people to get their supplies and a lot would even miss out. So maybe there needs to be a way to better manage this?

A simple way to handle this is not to give in to the panic merchants. For Christians, it is not an issue because God has promised to meet all our needs, not just some of them. He doesn't promise to meet all our greed though. Is 100 toilet rolls a need? NO. It is greed and a lack of faith. Since the panic attack that has descended on us, I have not been inside a supermarket. I have a six-pack of toilet rolls at home so I don't need any. I tried getting a six-pack on my stomach but it wasn't very successful.

As they say in English pubs when downing a drink "Bottoms up old chap."

marksman

Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
There is the story about when Beethoven's family home was first opened to the public as a museum. When the first group entered the house, they heard Beethoven music coming from the bathroom. When they entered they heard the music coming from the toilet. They looked into the bowl and discovered it was Beethoven's last movement!

Oh dear, that has to be the joke of all jokes.

marksman

Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

marksman

Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Never knew, I have been to squat toilets in Malaysia where they have had toilet paper before, but probably been to ones without it too hahaha. But I do try to avoid using squat toilets for no. 2s. Since the floors are usually wet as anything, especially when they got the hose in there and it is pretty much a garden hose without the nozzle. Even in normal toilets the floors can be very wet because they do not have the use of shower screens, shower subfloors or bathtubs all that much, so the shower drain is usually on the same floor near when you sit on the toilet.

Thank God we don't have to put up with wet floors like that much here in Australia though.

It just goes to show how much of a luxury normal toilet seats are, shower subfloors, bathtubs and shower screens are, and yep toilet paper is even a luxury. Haha

Anyone for a bidet?

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
A simple way to handle this is not to give in to the panic merchants. For Christians, it is not an issue because God has promised to meet all our needs, not just some of them. He doesn't promise to meet all our greed though. Is 100 toilet rolls a need? NO. It is greed and a lack of faith. Since the panic attack that has descended on us, I have not been inside a supermarket. I have a six-pack of toilet rolls at home so I don't need any. I tried getting a six-pack on my stomach but it wasn't very successful.

As they say in English pubs when downing a drink "Bottoms up old chap."

I'm not a drinker, so that isn't a problem for me. ;)

But otherwise it just shows you how much people put their faith into toilet paper, people are still clearing stock as soon as it arrives.... Everywhere in Australia. Rice, dry pastas, canned foods like baked beans and canned tomatoes are also clearing off real quick. Is it really needed though, for all these items to clear of shelves in a few hours or even less?

Usually you go to the supermarket and get what you need for the week ahead. Most Aussies already have a bit of stock in their pantrys even before they do go for that weekly shop. You also have quite a few that do monthly shops, and usually there is still enough for others.

But the stock piling lately has been over the top, makes me think people are stocking up for a year or more?

Meanwhile the asx is taking a plunge today.