Are You Prepared If Things go all "Lord of the Flies?"

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm not much of a prepper but my friend and I have been thinking about this area lately.

He's more of a prophet/watchman and senses the need to stock up on food, other grocery items and store water.

Here's a question : If prophetic dreams become a reality, Would you be able to survive in an emergency situation with what you have in your home?

Remember you would need ~ food and means to cook and clean~water~warmth~clothing and means to clean, ~ first aide/ medical supplies, shelter and security/protection of family. Means to travel if necessary.

Image a scenario

we all gotta die sometime

Reactions: Nancy

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
... And for the naive, beat the other person to his "line".

When they pull up to your property before they can say: "Do you have any food", -- ask them if the government is handing out food.

It's not "Christian" to be a VICTIM.
Bobby Jo

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you, a professed Christian, are willing to kill anyone you perceive as a threat or enemy to you, that to my mind is the spirit of Cain. He saw Abel as his enemy and slew him over a difference in worship. And worship is the precise matter of contention that will divide spiritual Babylon and spiritual Jerusalem in the coming days. The final battle will be one between "brothers". Both professing faith in Christ, both claiming the other a heretic. But only one having the love of Christ for his enemies, keeping the commandments of God and having the faith of Jesus.

Brakelite2, agree. He said to Bless and curse not. Most of the time all the focus is on the curse...and what will happen to the one who hates his brother. Rather instead on the brother God said....you are not of the darkness but of the light, it will not be so with you. simply put, again an opinion, but you did well in “both claiming the other is a heretic. But only one having the love of Christ for his enemies, keeping the commandments of God and having the faith of Jesus.” One wanting to kill steal and destroy while the other is easily to be intreated, full and pregnant with the blessing and not the curse. So much so that Christ said if you love Me and I in you and you in Me, then you will keep My sayings.

not sure about this “final battle” though. If they are said to surround the Jews born of God, His promise, they would all have to be gathered together in one place. Only disagreement I would have with what you shared would be “today” is the day to bless and curse not. Since today is all we are promised. Love your thoughts though. very encouraging.

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
... kill steal and destroy ...

Ummmmmm, perhaps: be KILLED; be STOLEN FROM; and be DESTROYED.

If you want that, why wait for them to come to your door? Simply walk in the dangerous parts of a city at night. -- Where's your "faith" then?

Or does your "faith" only work when you LOCK YOUR CAR when you're driving and again when you park; when you WATCH OVER YOUR SHOULDER while you walk; and also when you LOCK YOUR DOORS in the evening?

You're not using "faith" if you're constantly taking precautions. However, you ARE using hypocrisy! :)
Bobby Jo

Last edited:

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To All,

There's a book about our WWII Pacific airmen titled "Fly Boys", which is difficult to read for all the horrific deeds by the Japanese against not only our servicemen but also atrocities against civilians. In one account a U.S. Navy flight attacked a radio station on the island of Chichijima, some 500 miles south of Japan. Several aircraft were shot down and survivors were murdered -- which was not uncommon for both sides at this point of the war. However one pilot in particular befriended himself for some time, until he "had" to be killed. Of course Japanese soldiers had no provisions, so they dined on the flesh of this airman.

The same too when the Japanese soldiers were advancing against a Chinese community where the parents fled their home, pleading with their grown daughter to come with them. However she insisted that the Japanese were gentle people and she would host them. Of course, after multiple soldiers "had their way with her", they dined on a "feast from the emperor" consisting of her flesh.

Now we can sit in the comfort and security of our homes thinking the BEST about humanity, but the world is a dark and terrible place where satan seeks to STEAL, KILL, and DESTROY. And if any wish to become his victims, then please do. But Jesus came that we might have life, and life more abundantly. And HE specifically provided instructions:

Lke 22:35 And he said to them, “When I sent you out with no purse or bag or sandals, did you lack anything?” They said, “Nothing.” 36 He said to them, “But now, let him who has a purse take it, and likewise a bag. And let him who has no sword sell his mantle and buy one.

But we all choose ...
Bobby Jo

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you want that, why wait for them to come to your door? Simply walk in the dangerous parts of a city at night. -- Where's your "faith" then?

that sounds like testing or tempting the Lord. Similar to handling venomous snakes to prove what exactly? That we can’t be bitten because God said so?

Or does your "faith" only work when you LOCK YOUR CAR when you're driving and again when you park; when you WATCH OVER YOUR SHOULDER while you walk; and also when you LOCK YOUR DOORS in the evening,?

You're not using "faith" if you're constantly taking precautions. However, you ARE using hypocrisy! :)
Bobby Jo
You are right. Yesterday after talking with you on here. This older gentleman came to our glass door and knocked. Barely any teeth, kind of sketchy and I hesitated to open the door. Finally, the glass allowing him to fully see me standing there I barely cracked the door but locked it on the other side, my hand on the knob so I could quickly shut it if I had to...home alone. Never said I’m not scared. But I’ve seen His active Faith in life where He moved and it was real and the opposite of my cowering. That is what made it distinct. He said always to wait upon the Lord and He supplies what is needed. If it is of God then when the time comes for unshakable Faith then God is the provider of it, yeah? Why would I go tempt Him in some dark alley to test if I can’t be bitten or killed. What does it serve but to prove myself whenever God is not saying to do it? 2 Corinthians 4:7 But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellency of the power may be of God, and not of us.

Last edited:

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
that sounds like testing or tempting the Lord. Similar to handling venomous snakes to prove what exactly? That we can’t be bitten because God said so?

And that's exactly what you're doing by ignoring Jesus' last and final NEW INSTRUCTIONS.

You are right. Yesterday after talking with you on here. This older gentleman came to our glass door and knocked. Barely any teeth, kind of sketchy and I hesitated to open the door. Finally, the glass allowing him to fully see me standing there I barely cracked the door but locked it on the other side, my hand on the knob so I could quickly shut it if I had to...home alone. Never said I’m not scared. But I’ve seen His active Faith in life where He moved and it was real and the opposite of my cowering. That is what made it distinct. He said always to wait upon the Lord and He supplies what is needed. If it is of God then when the time comes for unshakable Faith then God is the provider of it, yeah? Why would I go tempt Him in some dark alley to test if I can’t be bitten or killed. What does it serve but to prove myself whenever God is not saying to do it? 2 Corinthians 4:7 But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellency of the power may be of God, and not of us.

So follow through with ALL the instructions, including having resources in your PURSE, provisions in your BAG, and the ability to protect yourself with your SWORD.

With Very Best Regards,
Bobby Jo

And one more thought if I might, -- I don't believe in "coincidence". I believe GOD sent that unnerving old man to your door to show you the possibility of threats WE ALL FACE, so that you would be obedient and use your WORKS to justify your FAITH. -- And I'm praying for you also! :)

Last edited:

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I'm not much of a prepper but my friend and I have been thinking about this area lately.

He's more of a prophet/watchman and senses the need to stock up on food, other grocery items and store water.

Here's a question : If prophetic dreams become a reality, Would you be able to survive in an emergency situation with what you have in your home?

Remember you would need ~ food and means to cook and clean~water~warmth~clothing and means to clean, ~ first aide/ medical supplies, shelter and security/protection of family. Means to travel if necessary.

Image a scenario

I'm not a prepper, but there has been a rush right around the world recently to stock up on supplies in fear of the Coronavirus.

Not saying your friend is wrong though, he's probably right, if you live in a city, stocks are probably gonna run out from a lot of supermarkets, because of that rush to stock up and in the news headlines just now, Scott Morrison was talking about supermarket shelves being stocked.

The problem would be though the numbers of imports and exports getting cut down, even though there are a lot of consumables you eat and drink that are produced in Australia, and there is also plenty of stuff that is not, but I believe a lot of the materials for packaging is from overseas.

-----------

Are we prepared though for such an event?

We are all good for water, there's a river nearby with fresh food in it hahaha, we are a long way upstream, and a short drive away from that part of the river where you can say no one lives past this point upstream, otherwise probably only around 300-400 people live past us, there's a massive forest with deer in it, not that I could kill a deer or skin one though. Lol. But since we are in a much lower population semi-rural sort of area, and the towns around here are small, the supermarkets should be able to keep their shelves stocked for longer.

But for those living in higher populated areas it would be wise to stock up now.

And because of that, I don't think there will be a case where we would have to stay home and bunker down.

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I'm not a prepper, but there has been a rush right around the world recently to stock up on supplies in fear of the Coronavirus.

Not saying your friend is wrong though, he's probably right, if you live in a city, stocks are probably gonna run out from a lot of supermarkets, because of that rush to stock up and in the news headlines just now, Scott Morrison was talking about supermarket shelves being stocked.

The problem would be though the numbers of imports and exports getting cut down, even though there are a lot of consumables you eat and drink that are produced in Australia, and there is also plenty of stuff that is not, but I believe a lot of the materials for packaging is from overseas.

-----------

Are we prepared though for such an event?

We are all good for water, there's a river nearby with fresh food in it hahaha, we are a long way upstream, and a short drive away from that part of the river where you can say no one lives past this point upstream, otherwise probably only around 300-400 people live past us, there's a massive forest with deer in it, not that I could kill a deer or skin one though. Lol. But since we are in a much lower population semi-rural sort of area, and the towns around here are small, the supermarkets should be able to keep their shelves stocked for longer.

But for those living in higher populated areas it would be wise to stock up now.

And because of that, I don't think there will be a case where we would have to stay home and bunker down.

Well I guess I was wrong local supermarkets have emptied toilet paper rolls of the shelves, parents had to travel half an hour+ to find some lol, so small towns aren't invulnerable to losing stock of supermarket shelves. Ah wells, it's only toilet paper, but why do people empty toilet papers of the shelves first? LOL

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
We have a supermarket in my area where I have found that the baked beans and spaghetti have been completely wiped out. I cannot see the logic in buying these items unless you are on the move. If you are put in isolation due to the coronavirus, surely you would be buying food that you are more likely to consume if you were sick with flu like symptoms?

Also noted the downturn in products across the board. I heard that we would need to have at least 9 litres of water available per each household. My thoughts are why? when water is still flowing from our taps?

Perhaps they are looking at a total breakdown of all services IDK

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
We have a supermarket in my area where I have found that the baked beans and spaghetti have been completely wiped out. I cannot see the logic in buying these items unless you are on the move. If you are put in isolation due to the coronavirus, surely you would be buying food that you are more likely to consume if you were sick with flu like symptoms?

Also noted the downturn in products across the board. I heard that we would need to have at least 9 litres of water available per each household. My thoughts are why? when water is still flowing from our taps?

Perhaps they are looking at a total breakdown of all services IDK

Better baked beans and canned spaghetti over supermarket shelves clearing out of toilet paper, I don't know if the toilet paper sell out is just an Aussie thing or what, haha.

We got water tanks full of water. There are rivers, creeks, not that you go drinking straight from this part of the river though, there is a spring up the mountain.

NZ though, don't you have a heap of fresh running water there? Some of the cleanest in the world?

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Well I guess I was wrong local supermarkets have emptied toilet paper rolls of the shelves, parents had to travel half an hour+ to find some lol, so small towns aren't invulnerable to losing stock of supermarket shelves. Ah wells, it's only toilet paper, but why do people empty toilet papers of the shelves first? LOL

Thought you might find this hilarious Josho!
87746910_2564316903837228_2493322278759038976_o (1).jpg

Reactions: Nancy and Josho

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Thought you might find this hilarious Josho!
View attachment 8758
It is a well known fact that no mummy was ever diagnosed with Corona virus.
There's a rumor circulating that the panic was instigated by Rupert Murdoch in order to increase subscriptions to his papers.

Last edited by a moderator:

marksman

My eldest granddaughter showing the result of her
Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

Image a scenario

All we need to stock up on is faith in God as he will take care of all our needs according to his riches in glory.

marksman

My eldest granddaughter showing the result of her
Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
There are plenty of toilet paper jokes circulating the internet at the moment. Even some facebook comments are pretty funny.

:D
Are the people that are in the attachment 8758 a bit bound up in themselves or they don't need insurance because they are well covered or perhaps if there is a roll call they will be first in the line? No danger of them getting all behind in their work.

Reactions: Angelina and Josho

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Are the people that are in the attachment 8758 a bit bound up in themselves or they don't need insurance because they are well covered or perhaps if there is a roll call they will be first in the line? No danger of them getting all behind in their work.

Some nice puns there Lolz.

Anyway you can see the scale of seriousness in each one of these events, especially the March one

Screenshot_2020-03-05-19-52-30-71.png

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Meanwhile supermarkets have said they would not toilerate oops I mean "tolerate" the silly behaviour of toilet paper wars in supermarkets. Well, seriously 2 women got charged fighting over toilet paper in a Sydney Woolworths supermarket.

But if you do happen to run out or get the runs and run out, this one is absolutely hilarious.

Screenshot_2020-03-08-15-51-26-64.png

Reactions: marksman