Are You Prepared If Things go all "Lord of the Flies?"

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You got the wrong guy. But the intent should be obvious, -- however you decide to DEFEND yourself and your household.

Maybe you can threaten your assailant with a "PAPER CUT". And good luck.
Bobby Jo

Luke 22:36 Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

Yes or no...do not see many carrying Literal swords. Are you saying obedience is to do what the above says...is to buy a gun?

Reactions: Nancy

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
... Are you saying obedience is to do what the above says...is to buy a gun?

Obedience is to have a PURSE so that you can provide for yourself; have a BAG for your provisions; and have a SWORD to defend yourself.

What part of being self sufficient did you miss? Did you want me to tell you the COLOR of your PURSE, or the SIZE of your BAG, or the TECHNOLOGY of your SWORD?

I ain't nobody's mama,
Bobby Jo

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Obedience is to have a PURSE so that you can provide for yourself; have a BAG for your provisions; and have a SWORD to defend yourself.

What part of being self sufficient did you miss? Did you want me to tell you the COLOR of your PURSE, or the SIZE of your BAG, or the TECHNOLOGY of your SWORD?

I ain't nobody's mama,
Bobby Jo

ok thanks for clearing that up. You are not my mama.

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To All,

Certainly there is TECHNOLOGY to any literal sword. It could be a close-quarters dagger; a combat sword; or even a reach-out-and-touch-someone Javelin.

There are different types of TECHNOLOGY in any self defense, including knife, pistol, carbine, rifle, and shotgun, -- each with their own various configurations and calibers.

And @VictoryinJesus is NOT asking about the TECHNOLOGY. He's making excuses for his disobedience. -- But it's his future, his options, and his decision; and he will either benefit or suffer accordingly.

We All Choose,
Bobby Jo

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To All,

Certainly there is TECHNOLOGY to any literal sword. It could be a close-quarters dagger; a combat sword; or even a reach-out-and-touch-someone Javelin.

There are different types of TECHNOLOGY in any self defense, including knife, pistol, carbine, rifle, and shotgun, -- each with their own various configurations and calibers.

And @VictoryinJesus is NOT asking about the TECHNOLOGY. He's making excuses for his disobedience. -- But it's his future, his options, and his decision; and he will either benefit or suffer accordingly.

We All Choose,
Bobby Jo

”He's making excuses for his disobedience. -- But it's his future, his options, and his decision; and he will either benefit or suffer accordingly.”

”she” Bobby Jo.

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
... ”she” Bobby Jo.

My sincere apologies! -- Perhaps not being familiar with various "firearms" and associated technology, your previous question regarding the distinction between the Scriptural citation of a "sword" versus the modern equivalent of a "firearm" was genuine. As such I may have mistaken your reply as a refutation rather than a clarification. -- And if this also be the case, please accept my apology for that mistake!

So if one were to obey Jesus' last instruction before going to the Garden of Gethsemane and have the self-sufficiency of a PURSE, BAG, and SWORD, -- the issues still remains: What to put in your PURSE and BAG, and what kind of SWORD. And the answer is based upon personal circumstances and preferences.

Conventional wisdom starts off with: One is NONE, and Two is ONE, -- because firearms can malfunction.

And beyond that, -- if you really want a literal "sword", then that's your choice. But it seems to me that in any self-defense situation conventional wisdom would dictate a rifle or shotgun, a revolver or pistol; and a knife; with each category selection based upon their own advantages/disadvantages of style, size, weight, caliber, ammunition type, etc.

Hope that helps,
Bobby Jo

Last edited:

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My sincere apologies! -- Perhaps not being familiar with various "firearms" and associated technology, your previous question regarding the distinction between the Scriptural citation of a "sword" versus the modern equivalent of a "firearm" was genuine. As such I may have mistaken your reply as a refutation rather than a clarification. -- And if this also be the case, please accept my apology for my mistake!

So if one were to obey Jesus' last instruction before going to the Garden of Gethsemane and have the self-sufficiency of a PURSE, BAG, and SWORD, -- the issues still remains: What to put in your PURSE and BAG, and what kind of SWORD. And the answer is based upon personal circumstances and preferences.

Conventional wisdom starts off with: One is NONE, and Two is ONE, -- because firearms can malfunction.

And beyond that, -- if you really want a literal "sword", then that's your choice. But it seems to me that in any self-defense situation conventional wisdom would dictate a rifle or shotgun, a revolver or pistol; and a knife; with each category selection based upon their own advantages/disadvantages of style, size, weight, caliber, ammunition type, etc.

Hope that helps,
Bobby Jo

accept your apology although still disagree that is the point there. But you have a right to your opinion so I’ll leave it alone. All the best to you and yours.

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
accept your apology although still disagree that is the point there. But you have a right to your opinion so I’ll leave it alone. All the best to you and yours.

ViJ,
I hope you and yours make it through the Tribulation, and would exhort you to take all the guidance given in Scripture which is FOR you, not against you!
With Very Best Regards,
Bobby Jo

Last edited:

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

So were in SCRIPTURE do you get that something like this is going to Happen?

You are Sci Fi..
Got it I like to talk about SCRIPTURES.

Where in Scripture was anything even REMOTELY LIKE THIS?

You think your Sci FI is Scripture?
You are sadly mistaken.

Well, forwst of all...you have me quoting what was not my words...if you had read all of the posts you would have seen mine about trusting The Lord...I do not "prep anything. The only thing you got right in what you "quoted" was "the dried fish thing" Well, I guess, welcome to the forums.

Reactions: Hisman

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The situation we will face, or some of us will face, because I think many here will become enemies to the truth: will be similar to what Hezekiah faced when Sennacherib fronted up to Jerusalem with a couple of hundred thousand trained soldiers, far outnumbering the Jews, and with arms and military hardware against which Jerusalem had no power to match. The final day remnant will face a global enemy. It will be like David facing Goliath with a pop gun.
The three spokesmen for Assyria warmed Jerusalem that relying on Egypt... Their own strength... Would be futile, and they were right. Jerusalem only salvation came from the Lord because if Hezekiah. The first day of his reign he entered the temple and repaired it. He instigated Reformation and destroyed all the idols. He commanded the priests to teach the law and reinstitute the sacrifice services. There are parallels in his dedication and commitment that we need to emulate. Them we don't need to trust in shotguns or snipers or our ultimate warrior ninja abilities to keep safe. That's like trusting in Egypt. A futile exercise which shall see you decimated. God is our strength, our shield, our defender.
KJV Psalms 91
God Will Protect and Rescue
1 He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.
2 I will say of the LORD, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust.
3 Surely he shall deliver thee from the snare of the fowler, and from the noisome pestilence.
4 He shall cover thee with his feathers, and under his wings shalt thou trust: his truth shall be thy shield and buckler.
5 Thou shalt not be afraid for the terror by night; nor for the arrow that flieth by day;
6 Nor for the pestilence that walketh in darkness; nor for the destruction that wasteth at noonday.
7 A thousand shall fall at thy side, and ten thousand at thy right hand; but it shall not come nigh thee.
8 Only with thine eyes shalt thou behold and see the reward of the wicked.
9 Because thou hast made the LORD, which is my refuge, even the most High, thy habitation;
10 There shall no evil befall thee, neither shall any plague come nigh thy dwelling.
11 For he shall give his angels charge over thee, to keep thee in all thy ways.

Just as Hezekiah cleaned the literal temple 2600 years ago, do we now need to clean the inner temple of the soul. Repentance, consecration and obedience that God may dwell in us in all His fullness is the way of the the people of God must take.
KJV Psalms 77
13 Thy way, O God, is in the sanctuary: who is so great a God as our God?

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

So were in SCRIPTURE do you get that something like this is going to Happen?

You are Sci Fi..
Got it I like to talk about SCRIPTURES.

Where in Scripture was anything even REMOTELY LIKE THIS?

You think your Sci FI is Scripture?
You are sadly mistaken.

Mmmm. You are a suspect one. First you tell us not to trust Paul's writings because Paul is a heretic, now you are telling us not to trust the warnings of Jesus concerning the troubles of the last days. The foremost warning Jesus gave and which Paul echoed was that against false teachers and false prophets. And here you are....

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
... relying on Egypt... Their own strength... Would be futile ...

You're right. IGNORE Jesus' final instructions before going to the Garden. HE obviously wasn't thinking as clear as YOU, and there's no need to consider HIS INSTRUCTIONS.

Lke 22:35 And he said to them, “When I sent you out with no purse or bag or sandals, did you lack anything?” They said, “Nothing.” 36 He said to them, “But now, let him who has a purse take it, and likewise a bag. And let him who has no sword sell his mantle and buy one.

When the blind lead the blind, BOTH fall into the pit,
Bobby Jo

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You're right. IGNORE Jesus' final instructions before going to the Garden. HE obviously wasn't thinking as clear as YOU, and there's no need to consider HIS INSTRUCTIONS.

Lke 22:35 And he said to them, “When I sent you out with no purse or bag or sandals, did you lack anything?” They said, “Nothing.” 36 He said to them, “But now, let him who has a purse take it, and likewise a bag. And let him who has no sword sell his mantle and buy one.

Bobby Jo
Okay. So how many are you willing to kill to defend yourself against... Who? Who is it actually you are fighting against BJ?

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

Bobby Jo
And those weren't Jesus's final instructions were they. Unless of course you rip out every letter in the NT including Acts and Revelation.

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Okay. So how many are you willing to kill to defend yourself against... Who? Who is it actually you are fighting against BJ?

Simple answer:

Esther 8:11 By these the king allowed the Jews who were in every city to gather and defend their lives, to destroy, to slay, and to annihilate any armed force of any people or province that might attack them, with their children and women, and to plunder their goods,

Any more questions?
Bobby Jo

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And those weren't Jesus's final instructions were they. ...

Weren't they? -- Right before Jesus going to the Garden of Gethsemane?

Or does your Bible have a DIFFERENT account?

Lke 22
37 For I tell you that this scripture must be fulfilled in me, ‘And he was reckoned with transgressors’; for what is written about me has its fulfilment.” 38 And they said, “Look, Lord, here are two swords.” And he said to them, “It is enough.”
39 And he came out, and went, as was his custom, to the Mount of Olives; and the disciples followed him. 40 And when he came to the place he said to them, “Pray that you may not enter into temptation.” 41 And he withdrew from them about a stone’s throw, and knelt down and prayed, 42 “Father, if thou art willing, remove this cup from me; nevertheless not my will, but thine, be done.”45 And when he rose from prayer, he came to the disciples and found them sleeping for sorrow, 46 and he said to them, “Why do you sleep? Rise and pray that you may not enter into temptation.”
47 While he was still speaking, there came a crowd, and the man called Judas, one of the twelve, was leading them. He drew near to Jesus to kiss him; 48 but Jesus said to him, “Judas, would you betray the Son of man with a kiss?”

Bobby Jo

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Simple answer:

Esther 8:11 By these the king allowed the Jews who were in every city to gather and defend their lives, to destroy, to slay, and to annihilate any armed force of any people or province that might attack them, with their children and women, and to plunder their goods,

Any more questions?
Bobby Jo
No. Just an observation. If you, a professed Christian, are willing to kill anyone you perceive as a threat or enemy to you, that to my mind is the spirit of Cain. He saw Abel as his enemy and slew him over a difference in worship. And worship is the precise matter of contention that will divide spiritual Babylon and spiritual Jerusalem in the coming days. The final battle will be one between "brothers". Both professing faith in Christ, both claiming the other a heretic. But only one having the love of Christ for his enemies, keeping the commandments of God and having the faith of Jesus. You decide which side better fits your worldview.

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No. Read Revelation 1-3. For a start. With perhaps an emphasis on R.3:14-21

Revelation offers the Book of Luke detailed events from the Upper Room to the Garden of Gethsemane?

Perhaps you're reading from a different "Version" than the KJV. Have you tried a King James Version?
Bobby Jo

... and one more thing if I might, -- given the redundancy of the Lke 22 specifics with your purported Rev. 1-3 assertion --, does this mean you can now tear out pages from the Book of Luke? It would seem appropriate because you don't obey or even acknowledge their authority. And it might make the Book which you apparently don't agree with, (and may not even read), much lighter to carry.

And the tribulation is NOW CONFIRMED ...
Bobby Jo

Last edited:

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No. Just an observation. If you, a professed Christian, are willing to kill anyone you perceive as a threat or enemy to you ...

... and my family? Absolutely YES, -- exactly as Jesus instructed. Now having said this, it's equally important to have in your PURSE and in your BAG, enough to share with others who are either less informed and/or less prepared. But marauders will be met with the same force that they would exert.

So, would you like know Jesus, or are you content with the "christian" (small "c") version of Jesus?
Bobby Jo