Are you sending your neighbors to Hell?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Perhaps the best evidence that no one really believes in a forever-burning Hell.
Or that no one really loves their neighbors. Take your pick.

If you really loved your neighbors, and believed in a forever-burning Hell, you wouldn't send them there.

I can hear the reply coming now. "I didn't send them to Hell, they sent themselves there."
Did you do anything to stop them? Did you convince them otherwise?
Did you live a life that made Christ attractive? I see...

Fortunately for me, I don't believe in a forever-burning Hell. Not really my problem.
Do you believe in a forever-burning Hell? (nope) If you did...

Or maybe you don't really love your neighbors. Seems to go hand-in-hand.

Reactions: Patrick1966

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
This sounds like a doctrine of Works to me .

much more is done on our knees , than blabbing what ‘we‘ believe someone should , or should not do.

Christianity is a believing , not a doing .
Much more is done for the kingdom by praying rather than saying .
we can’t nag someone else into heaven anyway …”No man comes unto the Father unless the Father draws him…”
Prayer through the Holy Spirit is a power house .
Our words , unless divinely anointed , are nothing but hot air.

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Great post, thanks.
This sounds like a doctrine of Works to me .

much more is done on our knees , than blabbing what ‘we‘ believe someone should , or should not do.
Right.
This is the apologetics area.
Apologetics, as I understand it, is about being prepared to meet any objections
to the "gospel" message with convincing counter-arguments. To close the deal.
But no one likes to be sold something they don't want. (or need)
Christianity is a believing , not a doing .
Much more is done for the kingdom by praying rather than saying .
we can’t nag someone else into heaven anyway …”No man comes unto the Father unless the Father draws him…”
Prayer through the Holy Spirit is a power house .
Our words , unless divinely anointed , are nothing but hot air.
Agreed.
Even Jesus said he could do nothing on his own. (John 5:19)

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Do you believe in a forever-burning Hell?

No. I believe in the fire that consumes the incorrigibly wicked. Those of my neighbors who will be sent to their destruction will be sent there by no one else but the Messiah.

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No. I believe in the fire that consumes the incorrigibly wicked. Those of my neighbors who will be sent to their destruction will be sent there by no one else but the Messiah.
Will their blood be on your hands?

Rockerduck

Nov 7, 2022
Marietta, Georgia.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In the USA there are church's everywhere with crosses and signs for worship. I doubt anyone can drive without seeing a billboard too. Everyone you know that don't believe have no excuse. Ask anyone anywhere and they will tell you they've seen a church and a sign.

Revelation 3:20 - Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and dine with him, and he with Me.

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In the USA there are church's everywhere with crosses and signs for worship. I doubt anyone can drive without seeing a billboard too. Everyone you know that don't believe have no excuse. Ask anyone anywhere and they will tell you they've seen a church and a sign.

Revelation 3:20 - Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and dine with him, and he with Me.
Yes, in the USA.
But has the church been effective even here?
And what about the rest of the world, and the rest of time?

Rockerduck

Nov 7, 2022
Marietta, Georgia.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We are all one body, The body of Christ. All over the world there are ministers. I have 2 crosses in my yard. Someone else has Jesus on their roof, another has Jesus saves on a tire hanging on a fence. Its everywhere in the world. Even in a jungle and on remote beach's. The whole world has been reached with the Gospel now, in every language. Unbelievers have no excuse to at least acknowledge God.

Romans 1:20 + For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead, so that they are without excuse,

Romans 12:5 - so we, being many, are one body in Christ, and individually members of one another.

Reactions: St. SteVen

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Romans 1:20 + For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead, so that they are without excuse,
Where is a gospel presentation in this verse?
Or is recognizing the God of creation enough?

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Did Jesus die to save us from God?

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Fortunately for me, I don't believe in a forever-burning Hell. Not really my problem.

You dont believe in Hell right now.
That'll change.
Just give it time.

Also, you've apparently given yourself a carnal way out of talking to your neighbors about Christ, by trying to post evil condemnation on real believers on this Forum, who probably do care about their neighbors.
The thing is..... while some people can be helped by showing them "hell", the best way to bring someone to saving faith in Christ is to let them know about the Love of God that is Cross of Christ.

Titus

Feb 5, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Perhaps the best evidence that no one really believes in a forever-burning Hell.
Or that no one really loves their neighbors. Take your pick.

If you really loved your neighbors, and believed in a forever-burning Hell, you wouldn't send them there.

I can hear the reply coming now. "I didn't send them to Hell, they sent themselves there."
Did you do anything to stop them? Did you convince them otherwise?
Did you live a life that made Christ attractive? I see...

Do you believe in a forever-burning Hell? (nope) If you did...

Or maybe you don't really love your neighbors. Seems to go hand-in-hand.
I do know that hell is eternal.
Since you don't, do you think you need to share the gospel with your neighbors?

Mark 9:44-45,
- 2Thessalonians 1:9,
- In flaming fire taking vengeance on those who know not God and on those who do not obey the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ
- These shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord and from the glory of His power.

Reactions: St. SteVen