Are Your Beliefs Absolute Truths?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Absolute truth
is something that is true at all times and in all places.
It is something that is always true no matter what the circumstances.
It is a fact that cannot be changed.

For example, there are no round squares.
Not bad in a very abbreviated form.

As a human being that is not in control of anything or does not truly created anything, I must rely on faith to believe in absolute truth from someone or something that is in control in all situations and creates in any situation and in any time. It is only God Almighty, the source of all absolute truth.

As human beings we can never agree completely on absolute truth by ourselves. We can only agree on these matters through the mediation of the spirit of God, the teacher of all truth. Now the kicker is we MUST first have the spirit of God to do gain this understanding. Unfortunately, there are many that think they have this spirit and really don’t. And they continue to insist and argue about knowing the truth. What a shame.

Having faith in trinity model for example and saying Jesus is God is a definite falsehood and should not be believed for one moment. These people do not have the spirit. It is illusion in their pitiful worldly carnal minds.

APAK

Reactions: bbyrd009

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
@Philip James What is "Absolute" truth anyway?

TRUTH is either true or it is not.
That is like saying "Perfect perfection".

The ONLY "absolute" truth IS Jesus Christ Himself.

All the rest, "we understand IN PART, and we see IN PART"......and when HE which is perfect is come...then...

Jesus Christ is the ONLY solid truth that we have...all the rest is beliefs, opinions and 'in-part' understanding.
Hi ByGrace,
I absolutely agree with you 'Truth is truth'
God is Truth! The Father, Son , and Holy Spirit is Truth.

Someone asked who is the determiner of Truth and of course it is God and no other.

And those things that are true, are true regardless of who believes them or not..

The truth is NOT relative and does not change... Something thar was true for Abraham is still true today.. What waa true at the time of the apostles, 100 AD, 500 AD, 1000 AD must still be true today...

What then can we say, if God is truth, then He does not lie, and the things HE says is Truth. (God's Word is Truth)

So then, when God says to Abraham, ' i will make you the father of many nations' , Abraham believes Him, despite the fact that his wife is to old bear children.

Just so, we can accept and believe the things Jesus says are Truth because He Is the Truth (God's Word).

So then , when HE says ' if you eat my flesh and drink my blood, you'll have eternal life'
This is True! Even if we dont understand it... And if many say 'this is a hard teaching who can accept it' does that change its Truth?

And when my Lord says to me, will you also leave, what can i do but unite my voice with Peter and answer 'where else can we go? You have the words of eternal life!

And when HE says 'this is My body, take and eat' ... 'this is the cup of My blood, take and drink'

What am I to think? My senses tell me that it still looks and tastes like bread and wine... But i walk by faith and not by sight... And so i belive my Master's words...He does not lie!

my senses tell me its bread and wine but My Lord tells me its His Body and Blood... And so it MUST be.

This is my faith
This is the faith of my fathers and mothers and brothers and sisters handed down for 2000 years...
This is the faith you will find in every apostolic community that retains valid episcopal succession from the apostles..
This is the faith of the Church!

You too! Are welome to come to the wedding feast of the Lamb of God!

Peace and Love!
PJ

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Absolute truth

Hahaha...that is a bit of an oxymoron.

"Belief" by definition is unconfirmed, while "knowledge" by definition may be true or false. Either way, it is confirmed, but only in and of itself.

What then, of false knowledge? If we believe it, it is not "knowledge" at all, but only belief, and we believe in vain.

But true knowledge requires no belief, and therefore, belief in what is actually true is all the more esteemed by God. Faith is apparently a big deal :)

Reactions: amadeus and Helen

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
we have beliefs and interpretations precisely bc absolute truths = laws.
when your beliefs become the standard for AT then a compass is lost
this is "proclaiming himself God"
saying you know what you cannot know

Reactions: ScottA

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
we have beliefs and interpretations precisely bc absolute truths = laws.
when your beliefs become the standard for AT then a compass is lost
this is "proclaiming himself God"
saying you know what you cannot know

We have an authorative Church whose duty it is to preserve and pass on the 'deposit of Faith' that it received through the apostles.
Rejecting that 'deposit of Faith' to pursue ones own 'truth' is to fall into error...

LC627

May 11, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John 17:17 "Thy Word is truth"
John 14:6 "I Am the Way, the Truth, and the Life...."

I believe that God's Word is absolute truth, with that being said, not every interpretation of that truth is true. Us humans are moved easily by emotion, experiences, other influences, and some twist the truth on purpose. With the light and understanding that we have, we live the truthful life God has called us to as believers in the power of the Holy Spirit.

Reactions: Josho and Naomi25

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Absolute truth

I hate to nit-pick... But when you use someone else's work, reference it. You lifted this straight from wikipedia. I am not sure, but I think it may be a forum rule.

What other truth is there beside "absolute truth"? Is the reletive or objective truth? I don't know... I am asking due to peaked interest.

We are familiar with the scripture wher God says say, "I change not" and of course from the book of Hebrews wher we are taught Jesus is the same yesterday, today and forever.

I believe them. But didn't things change? There may have been 7 or more changes...but most notably the law came and then was abolished.

God and Jesus did not change but the covenants did. And thus, did "truth" change?

I don't believe it did. But the covenant of grace wouldn't work in the age of law. Nor does the law work in the age of grace.

I am convinced that grace through faith is an absolute truth. Granted, I cannot prove that to a man of the flesh... An athiest, a Muslim or Buddhist. Not even to some Christians who still hold to works. But my point is that truth wouldn't work well after Exodus 20. The law was given.

Even with that, some of the heroes of faith listed in Hebrews 11 were from that era. So maybe grace through faith is an absolute truth?

Philosophy isn't my strong point... If I have a strong point. But if I do, it isn't philosophy. So pardon me if I have erred.

epostle1

Sep 24, 2012
Essex
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Absolute truth can be explained, but in a limited way. It's kinda like defining God, which cannot be done. I AM WHO AM isn't much of a definition, IMO.

epostle1

Sep 24, 2012
Essex
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I hate to nit-pick... But when you use someone else's work, reference it. You lifted this straight from wikipedia. I am not sure, but I think it may be a forum rule.

What other truth is there beside "absolute truth"? Is the reletive or objective truth? I don't know... I am asking due to peaked interest.

We are familiar with the scripture wher God says say, "I change not" and of course from the book of Hebrews wher we are taught Jesus is the same yesterday, today and forever.

I believe them. But didn't things change? There may have been 7 or more changes...but most notably the law came and then was abolished.

God and Jesus did not change but the covenants did. And thus, did "truth" change?

I don't believe it did. But the covenant of grace wouldn't work in the age of law. Nor does the law work in the age of grace.

I am convinced that grace through faith is an absolute truth. Granted, I cannot prove that to a man of the flesh... An athiest, a Muslim or Buddhist. Not even to some Christians who still hold to works. But my point is that truth wouldn't work well after Exodus 20. The law was given.

Even with that, some of the heroes of faith listed in Hebrews 11 were from that era. So maybe grace through faith is an absolute truth?

Philosophy isn't my strong point... If I have a strong point. But if I do, it isn't philosophy. So pardon me if I have erred.
I don't see any errors, but I don't know anybody who holds to works apart from the grace of Christ.

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Absolute truth can be explained, but in a limited way. It's kinda like defining God, which cannot be done. I AM WHO AM isn't much of a definition, IMO.
Not that I disagree with you on God being truth.... But how can you say absolute truth can be explained but limited? Given the wikipedia example, i can explain why a circle cannot be a square... Unless we are talking about wrestling which talks about a squared circle.

Wecannot fully explain God. He even said so.

Reactions: bbyrd009

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't see any errors, but I don't know anybody who holds to works apart from the grace of Christ.
I wasn't speaking accusingly. I dont know of anyone who says that works are needed on this board. I wasn't going there... I wonder if they really believe it, but I don't accuse.

When I wrote that, I was thinking of a radio minister I heard who spoke of works. It was 15 years ago. So there are those who still do.

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Nonsense.
Is it not Absolute Truth , that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God?
That he suffered under Pontius Pilate, was crucified died and was buried?
That he rose again and ascended into heaven?

Yes it is, whether i believe those things or not.

Peace!

Indeed. Praise Jesus Christ, Lord above all lords, King above all kings, name above all names, the one and only true God. Jesus Christ is 100% truth

@bbyrd009 In PJ's defence, If you were to ask the Holy Spirit, you would find out PJ is a true born again, spirit-filled Christian, full of the Holy Spirit and believes in the Word of God. I have sensed this in the Holy Spirit, ever since PJ joined.

Last edited:

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
What am I to think? My senses tell me that it still looks and tastes like bread and wine... But i walk by faith and not by sight... And so i belive my Master's words...He does not lie!
no, but neither is He directing you into ritual for ritual's sake either, or asking you to deny your senses.
And yes He does "lie" to you, if you will not accept the truth, in the same manner that "stay here for the present" might be a lie to a little kid. I could dig up the Quote if you like.
Someone asked who is the determiner of Truth and of course it is God and no other.
seems like you run into trouble there, at
truth is determined in the mouth of two or three witnesses

and the supporting vv wadr
Just so, we can accept and believe the things Jesus says are Truth because He Is the Truth (God's Word).
this is the same thing as saying "everyone interprets the same phrase the same, no matter who they are," when ppl just are not like that right. We accept an interpretation of words that we accept were uttered by Christ, Word, but accepting the interpretation does mean it is the only or even the correct one right.

Last edited:

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
We have an authorative Church whose duty it is to preserve and pass on the 'deposit of Faith' that it received through the apostles.
Rejecting that 'deposit of Faith' to pursue ones own 'truth' is to fall into error...
well you got a church that Paul warned you would be taken over by wolves and Strong Men,
and plenty of vv suggesting "seek your own salvation" and "come out of her my ppl."

so interpret that how you like ok, i'm not really interested in debating across a boundary here, you are Roman Catholic right?
"deposit of faith" is something that you can't Quote, wadr, and i'm really speaking to ppl who are at least ready to renounce their "king," ok.

So if/when you are prepared to admit that you have as much authority as the pope, then we can debate more ok.

If you have an Absolute Truth, then obviously a Law will suffice. The law does not suffice bc there is always more than one correct way to do something. This is why no one's beliefs will be judged also i guess.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
With the light and understanding that we have, we live the truthful life God has called us to as believers in the power of the Holy Spirit.
yet many will be deceived, and these are all saying "we live a truthful life" too see...gotta run, tag for later

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Hi ByGrace,
I absolutely agree with you 'Truth is truth'
God is Truth! The Father, Son , and Holy Spirit is Truth.

And those things that are true, are true regardless of who believes them or not..

The truth is NOT relative and does not change... Something thar was true for Abraham is still true today.. What waa true at the time of the apostles, 100 AD, 500 AD, 1000 AD must still be true today...

What then can we say, if God is truth, then He does not lie, and the things HE says is Truth. (God's Word is Truth)

So then, when God says to Abraham, ' i will make you the father of many nations' , Abraham believes Him, despite the fact that his wife is to old bear children.

So then , when HE says ' if you eat my flesh and drink my blood, you'll have eternal life'
This is True! Even if we dont understand it... And if many say 'this is a hard teaching who can accept it' does that change its Truth?

And when my Lord says to me, will you also leave, what can i do but unite my voice with Peter and answer 'where else can we go? You have the words of eternal life!

And when HE says 'this is My body, take and eat' ... 'this is the cup of My blood, take and drink'

my senses tell me its bread and wine but My Lord tells me its His Body and Blood... And so it MUST be.

This is my faith
This is the faith of my fathers and mothers and brothers and sisters handed down for 2000 years...
This is the faith you will find in every apostolic community that retains valid episcopal succession from the apostles..
This is the faith of the Church!

You too! Are welome to come to the wedding feast of the Lamb of God!

Peace and Love!
PJ

Amen.
And that indeed is the 'bottom line'.
On that foundation we build...either gold, silver and precious stones, or wood , hay or stubble. Which will all be 'tried by fire to see what sort it is.'
Obviously we think that we are building with blocks of truth...my personal belief if that only by the Fire will we know which was truth and which was nothing more than our opinion.
We hold lots of 'opinions' ..while many declare that "they have the truth"
The wise man makes no claim...knowing that only the Holy Fire will declare it On That Day. :)

We don't fear the Fire, for our God is a consuming Fire!!

....Helen

Ac28

May 18, 2016
Arkansas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The only source of guaranteed truth on the planet is the Bible, in its inerrant entirety. However, there are no inerrant English versions. That's why they're called versions. I've used the KJV for 30 years, but I know it contains many errors. Those that say it does not contain errors are operating out of misguided faith.

Last edited: