Ark of the Covenant in Heaven?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
God can shake anything He likes.
You are way off the mark now.
True, if He wanted to shake His own home he could whatever that looks like? but that is not what is being taught in Hebrews 12:26.
You misquoted again!
It's becoming a habit.

dad

Apr 17, 2020
private
normanbruleart.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
True, if He wanted to shake His own home he could whatever that looks like? but that is not what is being taught in Hebrews 12:26.
You misquoted again!
It's becoming a habit.
That does not say God cannot do anything. In this case it is prophesy about how the earth and heavens will be affected in the end.

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
That does not say God cannot do anything. In this case it is prophesy about how the earth and heavens will be affected in the end.
You don't like to admit error do you? Even when it's so apparently clear to all.

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The verse says a temple in heaven had the ark. Your delusions really don't matter.
You are avoiding the issue - you misquoted Hebrews 12:26 and now you are trying to force a literal interpretation on Revelation 11:19.
Just accept it and move on!

dad

Apr 17, 2020
private
normanbruleart.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
You are avoiding the issue - you misquoted Hebrews 12:26 and now you are trying to force a literal interpretation on Revelation 11:19.
Just accept it and move on!
No, sorry. As for Heb 12:26 it says this
Hebrews 12:26

Whose voice then shook the earth: but now he hath promised, saying, Yet once more I shake not the earth only, but also heaven.

I think I pointed out something like that God can shake anything He likes. That is not a quote.

The issue at hand is your disbelief in the bible when it says that there was a temple in heaven that has the ark in it.

Don't try to cover that up. You must wear it.

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
No, sorry. As for Heb 12:26 it says this
Hebrews 12:26

Whose voice then shook the earth: but now he hath promised, saying, Yet once more I shake not the earth only, but also heaven.

I think I pointed out something like that God can shake anything He likes. That is not a quote.

The issue at hand is your disbelief in the bible when it says that there was a temple in heaven that has the ark in it.

Don't try to cover that up. You must wear it.
Do you suffer from any medical conditions?

We established it was quoted from Haggai and it means earth and sky...heavens does not mean Heaven, as in Gods dwelling place. The shaking is on earth. I'm serious when I ask whether you have some disability because I've explained this many times and it's not penetrating your ears.
Just acknowledge you misquoted the passage and we can move onto more positive things. Simple really.

Here I'll show you how....

"I misquoted Hebrews 12:26 as I didn't know heavens meant sky / atmosphere around the earth"

See that's not difficult...give it a go....it might hurt a little but learning awaits you.

F2F

dad

Apr 17, 2020
private
normanbruleart.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
We established it was quoted from Haggai and it means earth and sky...heavens does not mean Heaven, as in Gods dwelling place.
No. The stars will all fall as from a tree that is shaken. God's kingdom will also 'fall' to earth in a way because He is coming here to live forever.
Revelation 6:13

And the stars of heaven fell unto the earth, even as a fig tree casteth her untimely figs, when she is shaken of a mighty wind.

Hoo ha

"I misquoted Hebrews 12:26 as I didn't know heavens meant sky / atmosphere around the earth"
26 Whose voice then shook the earth: but now he hath promised, saying, Yet once more I shake not the earth only, but also heaven.

27 And this word, Yet once more, signifieth the removing of those things that are shaken, as of things that are made, that those things which cannot be shaken may remain.

28 Wherefore we receiving a kingdom which cannot be moved, let us have grace, whereby we may serve God acceptably with reverence and godly fear:

God is going to shake heaven and earth big time in the end. All mountains will be flattened to a great degree. Islands flee away from where they were. So it should be obvious that the reference in the verses here could apply to that. So that God's kingdom that cannot be moved will remain forever. You seem to insist on a mealy little half interpretation and then brag about it.

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
No. The stars will all fall as from a tree that is shaken. God's kingdom will also 'fall' to earth in a way because He is coming here to live forever.
Revelation 6:13

And the stars of heaven fell unto the earth, even as a fig tree casteth her untimely figs, when she is shaken of a mighty wind.

Hoo ha

26 Whose voice then shook the earth: but now he hath promised, saying, Yet once more I shake not the earth only, but also heaven.

27 And this word, Yet once more, signifieth the removing of those things that are shaken, as of things that are made, that those things which cannot be shaken may remain.

28 Wherefore we receiving a kingdom which cannot be moved, let us have grace, whereby we may serve God acceptably with reverence and godly fear:

God is going to shake heaven and earth big time in the end. All mountains will be flattened to a great degree. Islands flee away from where they were. So it should be obvious that the reference in the verses here could apply to that. So that God's kingdom that cannot be moved will remain forever. You seem to insist on a mealy little half interpretation and then brag about it.
Another diversion! You tried to use Hebrews 12:26 to suggest Gods dwelling place would be shaken and you know that's untrue...as I said many many times these references you keep putting up relate to things on earth! Revelation 11:19 is speaking to Christ and the Saints on earth and their judgements upon the nations.
Accept and move on!

dad

Apr 17, 2020
private
normanbruleart.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Another diversion! You tried to use Hebrews 12:26 to suggest Gods dwelling place would be shaken and you know that's untrue.
Jesus compares the heavens shaking to a tree shaken of it's leaves Etc. You thought God lived where the stars are??
.as I said many many times these references you keep putting up relate to things on earth! Revelation 11:19 is speaking to Christ and the Saints on earth and their judgements upon the nations.
Except you invented that whole of cloth. The verse actually tells us there is a temple in heaven that contains the ark.

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Jesus compares the heavens shaking to a tree shaken of it's leaves Etc. You thought God lived where the stars are??
Except you invented that whole of cloth. The verse actually tells us there is a temple in heaven that contains the ark.
You have nothing to offer!
I think our prolonged discussion has well and truly established the OP was unprofitable. :closed:

dad

Apr 17, 2020
private
normanbruleart.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
You have nothing to offer!
I think our prolonged discussion has well and truly established the OP was unprofitable. :closed:
The bible says this

Revelation 11:19

And the temple of God was opened in heaven, and there was seen in his temple the ark of his testament
I believe it. That is profitable. You do not, toodaloo

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The bible says this

Revelation 11:19

And the temple of God was opened in heaven, and there was seen in his temple the ark of his testament
I believe it. That is profitable. You do not, toodaloo
O it's profitable if you understand the vision - absolutely BUT if you are interested in an old wooden box...be on your way!

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Because God put it there. That makes more sense than thinking God lost it and the heathen have it or something. It is also amazing to think that it was taken up the moment Jesus died.
No, you haven't given a reason from the context of the Scripture.
Why do you think the early believers needed to see a box in Heaven?

dad

Apr 17, 2020
private
normanbruleart.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
No, you haven't given a reason from the context of the Scripture.
Why do you think the early believers needed to see a box in Heaven?
Why did they need to see a temple? Why did they need to see mansions? Why did they need to see a river? Angels? elders? walls? gems? Why did they need to hear voices? Thunders? etc etc

No one gets to wave away all the realities of the bible because they think there are also some symbolism used with the various items at times elsewhere.

dad

Apr 17, 2020
private
normanbruleart.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
You misquoted again!
It's becoming a habit.
Noting God can do anything He wants is not quoting anything. Try to be honest.