Ark of the Covenant in Heaven?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
It did not say there was some heaven wide earthquake. The scene was a certain temple in heaven. Maybe you think there cannot be silence in heaven either?
So you believe Heaven can experience earthquakes? Moving plates under God's throne you infer?
Maybe you should start a new OP?

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
It did not say there was some heaven wide earthquake. The scene was a certain temple in heaven. Maybe you think there cannot be silence in heaven either?
You lack insight on the scene! Literal approach leaves you blind.

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I happen to know you are no expert on heaven and what is possible or not there. I already covered that in a previous post. The first part of that verse is in heaven. The rest of the verse after the colon might be a bit of both, but we do not know.
No, the setting was heaven. New Jerusalem is 1500 miles across and wide and also high. There are some big buildings there, and a temple does not need to be what you think about. If the Almighty finally rises and stirs and sets in motion the long foretold final events, then I am not at all surprised there is some smoke, lightning flashes,shaking etc at that great moment in heaven. We already know there also will be some of that on earth, so as I say, it could be both, we do not know. The first part of the verse we do know. It is in heaven. Any spiritualizing away is simply a mask for unbelief.
As long as you now understand the literal ark is not being conveyed and literal storms and seismic activities are not in view. We are speaking about literal events which will happen upon Christ's second coming.
F2F

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I wonder how many people in this forum actually care about the whereabouts of the wooden box?
You should add a survey! Be interesting to know.
I would tick the box that states "couldn't care less!"

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
@dad so lets explore further this literal approach to your reading of Revelation shall we?

In Revelation 11:18 you must believe the earth is destroyed, right?

You get the context here with Revelation 11:19?

dad

Apr 17, 2020
private
normanbruleart.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
So you believe Heaven can experience earthquakes? Moving plates under God's throne you infer?
Maybe you should start a new OP?
Hebrews 12:26

Whose voice then shook the earth: but now he hath promised, saying, Yet once more I shake not the earth only, but also heaven.

God also can have a place shake without having the whole country or area shake. For example the jail shook when the apostles were busted out.
Likewise lightning need not be some country wide storm!

Ezekiel 1:4

And I looked, and, behold, a whirlwind came out of the north, a great cloud, and a fire infolding itself, and a brightness was about it, and out of the midst thereof as the colour of amber, out of the midst of the fire.

Ezekiel 1:14

And the living creatures ran and returned as the appearance of a flash of lightning.

So here we have lighting and angels and it is not on earth!

dad

Apr 17, 2020
private
normanbruleart.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
@dad so lets explore further this literal approach to your reading of Revelation shall we?

In Revelation 11:18 you must believe the earth is destroyed, right?

You get the context here with Revelation 11:19?
If Jesus did not step in they would have done so! But if you knew about this verse, you would realize what was being talked about by destroying. Again, this is obfuscation and avoiding the issue.

dad

Apr 17, 2020
private
normanbruleart.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I wonder how many people in this forum actually care about the whereabouts of the wooden box?
You should add a survey! Be interesting to know.
I would tick the box that states "couldn't care less!"
God must have cared or why else would He have it there in a temple no less? Whose opinion matters when we know where God is at?

dad

Apr 17, 2020
private
normanbruleart.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
As long as you now understand the literal ark is not being conveyed and literal storms and seismic activities are not in view. We are speaking about literal events which will happen upon Christ's second coming.
F2F
No
Revelation 11:19

And the temple of God was opened in heaven, and there was seen in his temple the ark of his testament: and there were lightnings, and voices, and thunderings, and an earthquake, and great hail.

That is not the second coming. That is a scene away from earth in heaven. The second coming is on earth.

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Hebrews 12:26

Whose voice then shook the earth: but now he hath promised, saying, Yet once more I shake not the earth only, but also heaven.

God also can have a place shake without having the whole country or area shake. For example the jail shook when the apostles were busted out.
Likewise lightning need not be some country wide storm!

It's like you went in search for verse that support's your false understanding, very sad!

Hebrews 12:26 At Sinai, God had caused the earth to shake, but now he hath promised, saying "yet once more I shake not the earth only, but also the heavens"

It's quoted from Haggai 2:6

Moreover, the Lord who rules over all says: ‘In just a little while I will once again shake the sky and the earth, the sea and the dry ground

What do you think the writer in Hebrews had in mind when he quoted Haggai 2:6 God's dwelling place shaken or Earth & Sky?

I feel like the dad dealing with a wayward son ;)

What are the chances of you admitting this mistake?

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
If Jesus did not step in they would have done so! But if you knew about this verse, you would realize what was being talked about by destroying. Again, this is obfuscation and avoiding the issue.
No, the only one avoiding the issue has been proven time and time again...you cannot defend your approach to Revelation 11:19.
You have failed to acknowledge the relationship between the Temple of God and these natural disasters? You know they are not literal but you continue to resist. Why?

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
No
Revelation 11:19

And the temple of God was opened in heaven, and there was seen in his temple the ark of his testament: and there were lightnings, and voices, and thunderings, and an earthquake, and great hail.

That is not the second coming. That is a scene away from earth in heaven. The second coming is on earth.
Correct for once! Well done.
His location now is in Heaven at the right hand side of the Father on High however his coming will bring what? And where?
Join the dots!

dad

Apr 17, 2020
private
normanbruleart.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
It's like you went in search for verse that support's your false understanding, very sad!

Hebrews 12:26 At Sinai, God had caused the earth to shake, but now he hath promised, saying "yet once more I shake not the earth only, but also the heavens"

It's quoted from Haggai 2:6

Moreover, the Lord who rules over all says: ‘In just a little while I will once again shake the sky and the earth, the sea and the dry ground

What do you think the writer in Hebrews had in mind when he quoted Haggai 2:6 God's dwelling place shaken or Earth & Sky?

I feel like the dad dealing with a wayward son ;)

What are the chances of you admitting this mistake?

Since I said we do not know about the lightning and voices etc in the second part of Rev 11:19 there is no mistake on my end. The mistake lies in you claiming that there is not really a temple in heaven that really contains the real ark. Period. Not sure why you pretend.

dad

Apr 17, 2020
private
normanbruleart.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
No, the only one avoiding the issue has been proven time and time again...you cannot defend your approach to Revelation 11:19.
You have failed to acknowledge the relationship between the Temple of God and these natural disasters? You know they are not literal but you continue to resist. Why?
The relationship is unknown, the location is known, and I have no idea why rumbling in a temple in heaven is thought of as some sort of a disaster to you. If there is also an application to earth, well then of course for the folks on earth that is disaster. We do not know if the second part of the verse refers exclusively to earth, and it does not affect the first part of the verse about the ark being in HEAVEN either way.

dad

Apr 17, 2020
private
normanbruleart.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Correct for once! Well done.
His location now is in Heaven at the right hand side of the Father on High however his coming will bring what? And where?
Join the dots!
If the second part of that verse is exclusively about the future after Jesus returns to earth, then obviously the second part of that verse applies very well also to earth.

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Since I said we do not know about the lightning and voices etc in the second part of Rev 11:19 there is no mistake on my end. The mistake lies in you claiming that there is not really a temple in heaven that really contains the real ark. Period. Not sure why you pretend.
You failed to see the Haggai reference thinking it was God's dwelling place when it's speaking of the earth and sky. It's just another example of you misquoting Scripture to fit your OP.

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
If the second part of that verse is exclusively about the future after Jesus returns to earth, then obviously the second part of that verse applies very well also to earth.
You dont get it still.
The Temple in type and the natural forces in type speak to Christ and the Saints in the Kingdom age on earth - end of story!

dad

Apr 17, 2020
private
normanbruleart.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
You dont get it still.
The Temple in type and the natural forces in type speak to Christ and the Saints in the Kingdom age on earth - end of story!
So we can add no actual voices, no actual lightening, no actual shaking, to your no actual temple or ark I guess for the grand slam in foolishness.