Ark of the Covenant in Heaven?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Why did they need to see a temple? Why did they need to see mansions? Why did they need to see a river? Angels? elders? walls? gems? Why did they need to hear voices? Thunders? etc etc

No one gets to wave away all the realities of the bible because they think there are also some symbolism used with the various items at times elsewhere.
So in other words you haven't a clue why your box is in Heaven.
Honesty is always the best policy.

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Noting God can do anything He wants is not quoting anything. Try to be honest.
Your misquoting of Revelation 11:19 and Hebrews 12:26 stands. This happens when you approach the text with preconceived ideas. Don't you think it was clever to use OT imagery to show a vision of future events? Think about it! The Temple and the Ark stirs the hearts of the Saints who understood their fulfillment spoke of Christ and their salvation! I am amazed you "can't" see it.

dad

Apr 17, 2020
private
normanbruleart.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Your misquoting of Revelation 11:19 and Hebrews 12:26 stands. This happens when you approach the text with preconceived ideas. Don't you think it was clever to use OT imagery to show a vision of future events? Think about it! The Temple and the Ark stirs the hearts of the Saints who understood their fulfillment spoke of Christ and their salvation! I am amazed you "can't" see it.
Here is Rev 11:19, the first part (once again)

Revelation 11:19

And the temple of God was opened in heaven, and there was seen in his temple the ark of his testament:

Sorry you don't believe it.

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I try not to question what God does, especially in heaven. That is a good thing.
From our discussions I'm yet to see you question anything! And that is a bad thing.
For instance...
Why is the vision placed at the end of that prophecy?
What was its intended purpose?
How would the early readers interpret the vision?
Why place natural disasters along side God's temple?
Does this vision feed into others in Revelation?
Why make reference to the Ark seeing the literal ark holds not importance to God or Man?
Why use OT imagery in the Revelation seeing the these things have been done away with?
F2F

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
....This is a teaching opportunity for you...should grasp it with both hands!

dad

Apr 17, 2020
private
normanbruleart.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
From our discussions I'm yet to see you question anything! And that is a bad thing.
For instance...
Why is the vision placed at the end of that prophecy?
Doesn't matter.

And the temple of God was opened in heaven, and there was seen in his temple the ark of his testament:

Nor is it a prophesy. It simply states what was seen and heard!

What was its intended purpose?
How would the early readers interpret the vision?
If they were believers they should believe what it says.

Why place natural disasters along side God's temple?
That is another discussion. The verse does not say natural disaster. In fact the verse starts out clearly in heaven. Any voices or thunderings and light show would not be any such foolish thing as a disaster of any kind. In fact after that an angel comes out of that temple! Then after that another angel comes out! The first one had a sickle so that was to use on the earth. It looks like I would guess then, that the voices and light show etc in the temple was God preparing to judge the world and angels being called etc etc!

Then we see that AFTER this, more angels come out of a temple in heaven with judgments for earth as well. This places that first temple and it's voices etc still in heaven. The great earthquake in the very end on earth is after the seven angels deliver the wrath of God! The scene in Rev is before they even leave heaven! And remember the lightnings etc was in the scene before and even before the 2 angels came out!

Why make reference to the Ark seeing the literal ark holds not importance to God or Man?
False. If God has a temple in heaven for the ark that contains the ark you cannot say it has no importance.

It is a simple matter of believing.

Which is why I asked someone on the thread (you?) a while ago about other key things in the bible, to illustrate that the spirit of unbelief carries over to all they read in the bible!!!

For example do you believe in a real Eve created from a man made by God in six real days of creation? Yes or no? That is like a litmus test.

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Doesn't matter.

Nor is it a prophesy. It simply states what was seen and heard!

If they were believers they should believe what it says.

That is another discussion. The verse does not say natural disaster. In fact the verse starts out clearly in heaven. Any voices or thunderings and light show would not be any such foolish thing as a disaster of any kind. In fact after that an angel comes out of that temple! Then after that another angel comes out! The first one had a sickle so that was to use on the earth. It looks like I would guess then, that the voices and light show etc in the temple was God preparing to judge the world and angels being called etc etc!

Then we see that AFTER this, more angels come out of a temple in heaven with judgments for earth as well. This places that first temple and it's voices etc still in heaven. The great earthquake in the very end on earth is after the seven angels deliver the wrath of God! The scene in Rev is before they even leave heaven! And remember the lightnings etc was in the scene before and even before the 2 angels came out!

False. If God has a temple in heaven for the ark that contains the ark you cannot say it has no importance.

It is a simple matter of believing.

Which is why I asked someone on the thread (you?) a while ago about other key things in the bible, to illustrate that the spirit of unbelief carries over to all they read in the bible!!!

For example do you believe in a real Eve created from a man made by God in six real days of creation? Yes or no? That is like a litmus test.
No substance here is there? Shame really.

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Thank you, I did that, and taught quite a bit in my last post. Try and learn.
The best you can come up with is "hey just believe!"...rather typical Christian response.

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The best you can come up with is "hey just believe!"...rather typical Christian response.
Is Kingdom Hall ever wrong? This should be an interesting answer or evasion.

Last edited:

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The sequence is clear. In heaven a temple with the ark was opened, later an angels also came out of it, later, another angel...etc. Case solved.
Wow...you really dont get it do you?

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
All we need to get is that heaven is real, and when we are told there is a temple there with the ark in it, all we need to do is believe.
Have to leave you with your ark in heaven @dad ...got bigger subjects to work on! As suggested if you ever want help with understanding the imagery in the Revelation text me anytime! God bless.

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Have to leave you with your ark in heaven @dad ...got bigger subjects to work on! As suggested if you ever want help with understanding the imagery in the Revelation text me anytime! God bless.
Is Kingdom Hall ever wrong? Do you need to consult with Kingdom Hall?

dad

Apr 17, 2020
private
normanbruleart.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Right you have been saying that for a while now. Once again, toodaloo

Rev 11 says there is a temple in heaven with the ark. You do not believe it, so you try to wave it away by pretending it is some sort of symbol rather than a true reality. We got that a long time ago.