Ark up the road from me

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Arthur Pendragon

Jan 17, 2012
Hi

This is my first post so go easy on me !!!

I have been reading a historians manuscripts and he thinks he knows where the Ark of the Covent is and is currently in negoitions to excavate the site, if he is prooved right does this have any different bearing on Chritianity ?

If this historian is right about the ark his next excavation will reveal the cross of christ as he thinks he knows where this is.

And all in the UK.

What are your thoughts on this ?

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think it would be interesting if it were true.

prism

Blood-Soaked
Jan 24, 2011
So. Cal
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is all old stuff and it all fails. The Christian faith does not stand on debatable wood claiming to be relics of the ark or the cross for if it did it would be easily shaken by findings to the contrary.
Paul summarized it best,
Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand; By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain. For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures: And that he was seen of Cephas, then of the twelve: After that, he was seen of above five hundred brethren at once; of whom the greater part remain unto this present, but some are fallen asleep. After that, he was seen of James; then of all the apostles. And last of all he was seen of me also, as of one born out of due time.
(1Co 15:1-8)

Our faith is based on the message preached by the Apostles who all were eye witnesses of the crucified and risen Christ, which witness was also backed up by over 500 at the time of the event.

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yeah - it really makes no difference, but I think it would be an interesting find.

prism

Blood-Soaked
Jan 24, 2011
So. Cal
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Aspen,
I guess part of my point is that for every 'find' there is an equal and opposite refutation thus casting doubt upon it's reliability.
Yet Peter proclaims...
We have also a more sure word of prophecy; whereunto ye do well that ye take heed, as unto a light that shineth in a dark place, until the day dawn, and the day star arise in your hearts:
(2Pe 1:19)

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Aspen,
I guess part of my point is that for every 'find' there is an equal and opposite refutation thus casting doubt upon it's reliability.
Yet Peter proclaims...
We have also a more sure word of prophecy; whereunto ye do well that ye take heed, as unto a light that shineth in a dark place, until the day dawn, and the day star arise in your hearts:

Indeed.

Phillip

Jan 2, 2012
Hi

This is my first post so go easy on me !!!

I have been reading a historians manuscripts and he thinks he knows where the Ark of the Covent is and is currently in negoitions to excavate the site, if he is prooved right does this have any different bearing on Chritianity ?

If this historian is right about the ark his next excavation will reveal the cross of christ as he thinks he knows where this is.

And all in the UK.

What are your thoughts on this ?

It is all vanity. If they did find something, they'll just idolize it. Just as what the Israelites did in idolizing the brazen serpent of Moses, which was properly destroyed by the righteous King Hezekiah, (2 Kings 18:4)

Have nothing to do with religious icons or artifacts as per the Lord. It is idolatry.

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
Orthodox Jews plan to rebuild the temple again today. I guy named Wyatt claimed he found where the ark is buried in the land of Israel back in the 1980's (?). So it would be interesting to see how this pans out, since the ark of the covenant is required for the orthodox Jews to start up Old Covenant style worship in Jerusalem again. All in all, whatever ark is said to be found and used, it will have to be a fake, because the true ark's location today is revealed by the following...

Rev 11:19
19 And the temple of God was opened in heaven, and there was seen in His temple the ark of His testament: and there were lightnings, and voices, and thunderings, and an earthquake, and great hail.
(KJV)

prism

Blood-Soaked
Jan 24, 2011
So. Cal
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Orthodox Jews plan to rebuild the temple again today. I guy named Wyatt claimed he found where the ark is buried in the land of Israel back in the 1980's (?). So it would be interesting to see how this pans out, since the ark of the covenant is required for the orthodox Jews to start up Old Covenant style worship in Jerusalem again. All in all, whatever ark is said to be found and used, it will have to be a fake, because the true ark's location today is revealed by the following...

19 And the temple of God was opened in heaven, and there was seen in His temple the ark of His testament: and there were lightnings, and voices, and thunderings, and an earthquake, and great hail.
(KJV)

Except in Hebrews that those objects on earth were only a pattern of that which was in heaven. So, yes, the ark they might rediscover here on earth is only a pattern of the one in Rev 11:19.

They serve a copy and shadow of the heavenly things. For when Moses was about to erect the tent, he was instructed by God, saying, "See that you make everything according to the pattern that was shown you on the mountain."
(Heb 8:5)

Arthur Pendragon

Jan 17, 2012
Aspen,
Yet Peter proclaims...

Good point and one often used for the reliability for religion itself

(KJV)

The same historian thinks quite a lot of the ten tribes of Israel settled in Britain.

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
The same historian thinks quite a lot of the ten tribes of Israel settled in Britain.

And many Christian brethren believe this earth is only around 6,000 years old, and even others that dinosaurs still exist on earth today, not to mention that some also believe Christ's second coming was past history. Thusly, just because a believer can be wrong on one matter doesn't automatically mean they are wrong about everything.

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do a Youtube video search on Ron Wyatt. He has made some remarkable archaeological discoveries.