prayer for feeling sad and depressed from feeling hurt and my head hurts :(

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

thelord's_pearl

May 1, 2021
O`nowhere you have to know
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Hi all,
I've recently been feeling sad, depressed so my head hurts. I've been hurt because I don't know for sure if someone doesn't like me or thinks I'm unlikeable and I guess I don't have someone who I really like to be friends with or on a friendly level with me and also really appreciates me and I want that from someone now that I feel sad, depressed. I'm not sure if what I'm saying is right but I think that's where it comes from. I don't know why I can't seem to be un-sad and un-depressed so that my head doesn't hurt. I feel a big part is Satan is creating a doubt about my value in a clever way. He is using my vulnerability and what I'm deprived of right now in friendship to cause me to doubt my value and be sad that I can't have something so fulfilling. for example, someone who was nice and friendly to me that I felt I wanted to be friends with or on a friendly level with will not be friendly with me after. I ask for prayer about this. I think I am going through spiritual warfare. I feel Satan and the forces of darkness is in this and I pray that God will come to my aid and help and lead me out of it immediately without delay. Thank you so very much for your prayers!

thelord's_pearl

May 1, 2021
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

Since I am sure I am under spiritual warfare, I recall and found this Scripture online which is supposed to help me! So I have taken the Sword of the Spirit, the Word of God! I need the shield of faith - faith that God will surely provide me a friend in real life or at least someone on a friendly level with me who I really like and who really appreciates me as well and that should settle it. I hope that this takes me out of spiritual warfare. I needed this and glad I read the whole bible before to be able to cache it out.

The Armor of God​

10 Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. 11 Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes. 12 For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. 13 Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. 14 Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, 15 and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. 16 In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. 17 Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.

18 And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the Lord’s people.
--

AMEN!

thelord's_pearl

May 1, 2021
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Thanks amadeus, after I succeeded in getting my head not to hurt and feeling ok, I felt the enemy cast doubt on me again, saying.. God might give you your needs but He won't give you what you really like. And I just shut the door and kept choosing to believe the Word of God that says the opposite.. rather, "Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart."(!) And having that shield of faith! Satan is just doing the same thing to me as he did to Jesus when he fasted, and I added Scriptures to my signature.

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, I don't know if this helps but,
Right after my mom passed away (my best friend) I was feeling really depressed. I was in a dark place.
And I heard an audible voice say.. Why don't you just kill yourself?
There was no one there.
And I said out loud. Get away from me.
I never heard that voice again. And I started to come out of that dark place and took to reading the bible and praying.
It took me 10 years before I could say "mom" without crying.
Some wounds cut deep but not worth killing yourself over.
God always finds a way for you to heal.
Just trust in the Lord.
And I'll be praying for you.
Hugs

thelord's_pearl

May 1, 2021
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I need prayer that God will develop me as much as possible that He surely will give me the desires of my heart (what I really like, not only what I need) if I delight in Him and that He will start developing this in me immediately exactly where I am, and not later for example, not having to wait until I'm off my medications. I am on a medication right now that causes me to have a lack of motivation so I think that still limits me from doing as much as I'd like for the Lord but I do love the Lord and want to obey and be all right with God.

thelord's_pearl

May 1, 2021
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Well, I don't know if this helps but,
Right after my mom passed away (my best friend) I was feeling really depressed. I was in a dark place.
And I heard an audible voice say.. Why don't you just kill yourself?
There was no one there.
And I said out loud. Get away from me.
I never heard that voice again. And I started to come out of that dark place and took to reading the bible and praying.
It took me 10 years before I could say "mom" without crying.
Some wounds cut deep but not worth killing yourself over.
God always finds a way for you to heal.
Just trust in the Lord.
And I'll be praying for you.
Hugs
aw, I'm so sorry to hear that but I'm glad that when you heard that voice and told it to go away, it never came back. Satan has a way of warping things so that what is clearly said in the Word of God he will say to the effect of, is that really what God said? And your answer must be, Yes, That is clearly what God said!

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
aw, I'm so sorry to hear that but I'm glad that when you heard that voice and told it to go away, it never came back. Satan has a way of warping things so that what is clearly said in the Word of God he will say to the effect of, is that really what God said? And your answer must be, Yes, That is clearly what God said!
This song came to memory as I read your post. God has used this song in my life so many times. I hope it blesses you as you listen. ❤️

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart" clearly means that if you delight yourself in the Lord, He will give you the desires (wants, what you really like, not only what you need) of your heart, right? Thanks.
The key is to first, delight yourself in the Lord ..... it's similar, and goes hand in hand with the words of Jesus.

Matthew 6:33
[33]But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.

And yes, He was referring to our needs. But when we delight in Him, our desires will line up with His will.

Also...

Colossians 3:1-2
[1]If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God.

[2]Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth.

Philippians 4:19-20
[19]But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus.

[20]Now unto God and our Father be glory for ever and ever. Amen.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
the Sheild of FAITH really seems to be helping me. I hope it lasts forever. I think it will last forever. Wow, nothing helped me except this!! I believe I got it to the source already after a week of feeling like this. I ask if you all can keep praying for me. THANK YOU! I am OK now.
Excellent news...I have been through what you have been through...

I had a major revelation regarding faith...the Lord spoke to my heart and said...where is your faith....is it in me or is it in yourself.....oh boy, did that wake me up.

I tell you, my whole attitude changed....I didn’t realise I was looking to “ self” to resolve the situation I’m in.....LOL...

NO....I look to God and keep walking in Faith....he is right there with us. @thelord's_pearl .... and he will increase your faith...always look to God, Sis...in every situation...

Says me...who was looking to self....what a revelation I received....it’s the heart that hears God....I was listening to my negative words in my head..Duh!!!

Remember what God says about the renewing of our minds....as soon as I get a negative thought...I ignore it and remember my heart revelation....that is what keeps me going....Gods Living word...that he speaks to the heart of his children.....wahoo!!....Praise God always!!.....no matter what...

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thanks amadeus, after I succeeded in getting my head not to hurt and feeling ok, I felt the enemy cast doubt on me again, saying.. God might give you your needs but He won't give you what you really like. And I just shut the door and kept choosing to believe the Word of God that says the opposite.. rather, "Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart."(!) And having that shield of faith! Satan is just doing the same thing to me as he did to Jesus when he fasted, and I added Scriptures to my signature.
What a mighty God we serve!

thelord's_pearl

May 1, 2021
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
:pray:

I prayed for your spiritual protection - and that God would send you a friend.

Just be alert, because the friend might not be who or what you expect.
Thanks Lambano, actually I am not really ok. I am better or a lot better but I still feel my head is somewhat or a little constricted and hurting a little/somewhat and not 100% released. I'm not sure if it's because I stopped taking the natural vitamin and mineral supplement for the brain twice - when I was supposed to do a biopsy and stopped taking the supplement and got sick and couldn't go and when I went for a biopsy but ended up not having to do it and stopped the supplement as I was told to do for days again because it could be that or not but I really think I need that supplement anyway. it also could be because of not having complete faith. I guess I will update. I need prayer for spiritual protection against the evil one, spiritual warfare and God giving me that complete faith in Him like through someone else's testimony can be helpful and that He will give me the desires of my heart if I delight in Him (what I want, really like, not only what I need which also lines up with His will all together in one). And that God will lead and help me out of spiritual warfare. It takes humility to write this. I feel like a loser. lol, Thanks extraordinarily for the prayers.

thelord's_pearl

May 1, 2021
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The key is to first, delight yourself in the Lord ..... it's similar, and goes hand in hand with the words of Jesus.

Matthew 6:33
[33]But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.

And yes, He was referring to our needs. But when we delight in Him, our desires will line up with His will.

Also...

Colossians 3:1-2
[1]If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God.

[2]Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth.

Philippians 4:19-20
[19]But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus.

[20]Now unto God and our Father be glory for ever and ever. Amen.
no, I think the "Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the 'desires' of your heart" scripture means that He will give you what you want, not only your needs. And that it will also line up with His will. However, I think from what I read, the scripture "But seek first His kingdom and His righteousness and all these things will be given to you as well" in what it says before saying this, "Do not worry about your life, what you will eat or what you will wear.." refers to your needs.