prayer for feeling sad and depressed from feeling hurt and my head hurts :(

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
no, I think the "Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the 'desires' of your heart" scripture means that He will give you what you want, not only your needs. And that it will also line up with His will. However, I think from what I read, the scripture "But seek first His kingdom and His righteousness and all these things will be given to you as well" in what it says before saying this, "Do not worry about your life, what you will eat or what you will wear.." refers to your needs.
Exactly what I said. We must first delight ourselves in the Lord.

thelord's_pearl

May 1, 2021
O`nowhere you have to know
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The key is to first, delight yourself in the Lord ..... it's similar, and goes hand in hand with the words of Jesus.

Matthew 6:33
[33]But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.

And yes, He was referring to our needs. But when we delight in Him, our desires will line up with His will.

Also...

Colossians 3:1-2
[1]If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God.

[2]Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth.

Philippians 4:19-20
[19]But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus.

[20]Now unto God and our Father be glory for ever and ever. Amen.
Sorry, I see that you wrote "And yes, He was referring to our 'needs'." And I was emphasizing that by 'desires' he means what we 'want', not only our "needs". Thank you for allowing me to clarify.

Reactions: TLHKAJ

Chains Broken

Oct 26, 2023
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
10 Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. 11 Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes.
12 For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. 13 Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. 14 Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, 15 and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. 16 In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. 17 Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.
18 And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the Lord’s people.
These are fantastic verses to draw inspiration from in your spiritual battle. We're praying for you thelord's_pearl, I know it's easier said than done but don't let Satan make you doubt your value in this difficult time. There is no one better to have on your side than the Lord.

thelord's_pearl

May 1, 2021
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
These are fantastic verses to draw inspiration from in your spiritual battle. We're praying for you thelord's_pearl, I know it's easier said than done but don't let Satan make you doubt your value in this difficult time. There is no one better to have on your side than the Lord.
I think it's mainly and also because I don't have a male friend who I would really like to be friends with or at least on a friendly level with me in real life and who would really appreciate me as well. I am female so maybe a boyfriend would be better? there have been reasons why I'm not sure I want a boyfriend but maybe that's what I really want and it would be easier but possibly I don't exactly need it to be that. Just so I try to explain myself clearly. So I put on the shield of faith armor, the sword of the Spirit which is the Word of God, and the belt of truth and breastplate of righteousness I got that done (I confess, I wasn't very honest with others and even possibly myself or clear about something of this situation but after I was and I am a repentant person, faithful and blameless right now). So what does it mean to put on the helmet of salvation? What is that? Thanks for your reply and help anyone. God bless. Thanks for all the prayers.

Last edited:
Reactions: Chains Broken

Chains Broken

Oct 26, 2023
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think it's also because I don't have a male friend who I would really like to be friends with or at least on a friendly level with me in real life and who would really appreciate me as well. I am female so maybe a boyfriend would be better?
Feeling alone without many friends is very difficult, I know. If you're looking for real life friends does your church have any events or volunteering opportunities? I'm in a similar situation, I only really have a few real life friends and should socialize much more at my church than I do now.
Looking for a relationship also could make you happy if you decide that's what you want.
So what does it mean to put on the helmet of salvation? What is that?
I'm not positive on this to be honest. In a battle protecting your head could be most important, maybe in the same way that in a spiritual battle protecting your mind is most important. The helmet of salvation might refer to protecting your thoughts by focusing on your salvation. Therefore, having salvation on your mind as you would in a more literal sense have a helmet on your head. This might be the salvation from our sins, or the salvation from difficult situations and struggles. That's my interpretation, it might be too on the nose.

• Love
Reactions: thelord's_pearl
T

Tulipbee

Hi all,
I've recently been feeling sad, depressed so my head hurts. I've been hurt because I don't know for sure if someone doesn't like me or thinks I'm unlikeable and I guess I don't have someone who I really like to be friends with or on a friendly level with me and also really appreciates me and I want that from someone now that I feel sad, depressed. I'm not sure if what I'm saying is right but I think that's where it comes from. I don't know why I can't seem to be un-sad and un-depressed so that my head doesn't hurt. I feel a big part is Satan is creating a doubt about my value in a clever way. He is using my vulnerability and what I'm deprived of right now in friendship to cause me to doubt my value and be sad that I can't have something so fulfilling. for example, someone who was nice and friendly to me that I felt I wanted to be friends with or on a friendly level with will not be friendly with me after. I ask for prayer about this. I think I am going through spiritual warfare. I feel Satan and the forces of darkness is in this and I pray that God will come to my aid and help and lead me out of it immediately without delay. Thank you so very much for your prayers!
I'm truly sorry to hear that you're going through such a difficult time. It's completely normal to feel the need for connection and friendship, and it can be challenging when those expectations are not met.

I want you to know that your feelings are valid, and it's okay to seek support. In addition to prayer, consider talking to friends, family, or a mental health professional who can provide guidance and support during tough times.

Let's pray together:

Dear Heavenly Father,

I lift up this dear soul who is feeling sadness, depression, and a sense of loneliness. Lord, you understand the depths of our hearts and the struggles we face. I pray that you surround them with your love and comfort. Cast away the doubts and lies that the enemy may be whispering into their heart.

Bring people into their life who can provide friendship, understanding, and encouragement. Remind them of their inherent worth and value in your eyes. Strengthen their spirit and grant them the peace that surpasses all understanding.

Lord, we ask for your divine intervention in this situation. May your light shine in the darkness, bringing hope and healing. In Jesus' name, we pray. Amen.

Remember, seeking professional help is a courageous step, and there is no shame in reaching out to others for support.

Rockerduck

Nov 7, 2022
Marietta, Georgia.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Spiritual battles are real. Paul gave us the tools for battle. We who are born again from above have Jesus. Call on Jesus for help. That should be the first word on your lips, Jesus help me. When feeling depressed or low self esteem , call on Jesus.

thelord's_pearl

May 1, 2021
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Feeling alone without many friends is very difficult, I know. If you're looking for real life friends does your church have any events or volunteering opportunities? I'm in a similar situation, I only really have a few real life friends and should socialize much more at my church than I do now.
Looking for a relationship also could make you happy if you decide that's what you want.

I'm not positive on this to be honest. In a battle protecting your head could be most important, maybe in the same way that in a spiritual battle protecting your mind is most important. The helmet of salvation might refer to protecting your thoughts by focusing on your salvation. Therefore, having salvation on your mind as you would in a more literal sense have a helmet on your head. This might be the salvation from our sins, or the salvation from difficult situations and struggles. That's my interpretation, it might be too on the nose.
The church I go to, I was told has a group coming up and there's a group I can join in February, but as for now, there isn't anything. I also have my old church to go to where I felt there was great fellowship and a lot of likeable, friendly people there. I might go back even though I gained weight from medication these days and felt embarrassed to go back because of that. Thanks for sharing your thoughts on what you think the helmet of salvation refers to. Does everyone agree with Chain Breaker on his interpretation? Thanks a lot. It might be a very important thing for me to focus on.

I don't want to share anymore but what I'd like prayer on is that sadness and depression and hurting head will go away. Sometimes it feels much better but there are a lot of times it doesn't and I'm going to book an appointment with my naturopath who focuses on mental health conditions. I tried increasing the anti-psychotic medication by 1mg and it didn't seem to help much. I think this has to do with neurotransmitters to do with depression, that's why, and my naturopathic doctor is good at treating mental health conditions and has the knowledge and experience with patients. I have been focusing on being sure I am righteous and praying myself.

Rockerduck

Nov 7, 2022
Marietta, Georgia.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The church I go to, I was told has a group coming up and there's a group I can join in February, but as for now, there isn't anything. I also have my old church to go to where I felt there was great fellowship and a lot of likeable, friendly people there. I might go back even though I gained weight from medication these days and felt embarrassed to go back because of that. Thanks for sharing your thoughts on what you think the helmet of salvation refers to. Does everyone agree with Chain Breaker on his interpretation? Thanks a lot. It might be a very important thing for me to focus on.

I don't want to share anymore but what I'd like prayer on is that sadness and depression and hurting head will go away. Sometimes it feels much better but there are a lot of times it doesn't and I'm going to book an appointment with my naturopath who focuses on mental health conditions. I tried increasing the anti-psychotic medication by 1mg and it didn't seem to help much. I think this has to do with neurotransmitters to do with depression, that's why, and my naturopathic doctor is good at treating mental health conditions and has the knowledge and experience with patients. I have been focusing on being sure I am righteous and praying myself.
Pray constantly. Rely on the Power of Jesus over sickness. Demonic attacks can cause depression, I've seen it. Have a couple of Christian friends lay hands on you and pray that this depression ceases in the name of Jesus..
Jeremiah 17:5-
“Cursed is the man who trusts in man
And makes flesh his strength,
Whose heart departs from the Lord.

thelord's_pearl

May 1, 2021
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I've been feeling alright today after taking my vitamin and mineral supplement for the brain and a vitamin B5 and also B6 extra supplements with other vitamins in it, I guess for balance, it's a very good brand. I need to consult with my naturopathic doctor though. He treated me for feelings of extraordinary anxiety from worrying in the past and I know how that worked because I think certain vitamins balanced me by slowing down the brain or firing of the brain activity. God has really helped me before with this naturopath who deals with mental health conditions. I hope I'll get clarity after consulting with him as a professional as to what he'd have me take or if he agrees with me and that it'll cause no side effects or problems for me but only balancing well.

thelord's_pearl

May 1, 2021
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Another thing that has brought me additional peace is the Word of God.. "And we know that all things work together for the good of those who love Him, who have been called according to His purpose." - Romans 8:28 So if all things work together for our good to those who love Him then why should we be depressed or sad or have a hurting head if things are working for our good, so we can be deceived by Satan when actually we have to believe and trust in God that whatever circumstance we face it's all working for our good for those who love HIm. So this gave me additional peace. I wanted to share this about how I've been feeling recently but I am not sure as I've been experimenting with vitamins to my own knowledge, vitamins for the brain health so I still would like prayers on progress and peace. Thank you so much.

thelord's_pearl

May 1, 2021
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I'm not sure what you guys have been praying for but I am still feeling sad and depressed and my head hurts at times and then I try to take extra supplements. I am still like this because I really like this person and felt we had a connection on a friendly level but he said that he cannot be friendly with me, have a personal relationship with me at any capacity so that we cannot be on a friendly level with each other and I will not be known personally as an individual and with a name sort of thing so I guess I also have stress that I cannot get this love and affection on a friendly level with a person I really like and who goes to the same church I currently go to and is there who works there and have this fellowship with this person. I also don't have any friends because of my past mental health conditions or something that arose and affected me emotionally/mentally and I think it would help if I had a friend but I'm not sure. I really would like to be ok with this situation I have with this person. I really would like to get over it. I have prayed about it but I am still not completely well. I am still affected so I am explaining this big part too and I'd like prayers. Thank you for listening and thank you lots dear Christian friends and acquaintances.

thelord's_pearl

May 1, 2021
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The reason this person is like this from what I know is because he feels the need to create boundaries, from what I was told by someone else who knows him more than I do and says that they know how he cares about the flock of the church. I admit and regret that I didn't consider at the time not to create more of a distance while being friendly so that's probably why this totally closed down on me to be able to be on a friendly level with him but if it can improve and we can be on a friendly level like a normal hi, how are you and might give a hug sort of fellowship that would be nice and I would be happy but it seems like this is the way that it's going to be from now on :( If it is, I have to be able to move forward and not keep being on the same page. It's hard to deal with this situation though but people can make it seem like it's easy or so easy but it's not. Can anyone agree with me that this is really hard to deal with? I'd be comforted if that's what you really thought and that someone understands me. Thank you for reading. Thanks @Chain Breaker, you're always so nice. I really appreciate yours and every true follower of Christ Christian who prays for me.
I know by the Word of God that Jesus cares about me but I want to experience breakthrough's every time. I wonder why I am still affected but I have an appointment with my naturopathic doctor who deals with mental health conditions and is very knowledgeable and experienced so I might find relief there. Thanks everyone.

T

Tulipbee

I'm not sure what you guys have been praying for but I am still feeling sad and depressed and my head hurts at times and then I try to take extra supplements. I am still like this because I really like this person and felt we had a connection on a friendly level but he said that he cannot be friendly with me, have a personal relationship with me at any capacity so that we cannot be on a friendly level with each other and I will not be known personally as an individual and with a name sort of thing so I guess I also have stress that I cannot get this love and affection on a friendly level with a person I really like and who goes to the same church I currently go to and is there who works there and have this fellowship with this person. I also don't have any friends because of my past mental health conditions or something that arose and affected me emotionally/mentally and I think it would help if I had a friend but I'm not sure. I really would like to be ok with this situation I have with this person. I really would like to get over it. I have prayed about it but I am still not completely well. I am still affected so I am explaining this big part too and I'd like prayers. Thank you for listening and thank you lots dear Christian friends and acquaintances.
I'm truly sorry to hear that you're going through such a challenging time, and I appreciate your openness in sharing your struggles. It's important to acknowledge and seek support for both emotional and mental well-being.

While I offer prayers, let me offer some words of encouragement. It's completely okay to feel the way you do, and it's a brave step to reach out for support. In addition to prayer, consider talking to someone you trust about your feelings, whether it's a friend, family member, or a member of your church community.

Building connections and friendships can indeed be beneficial for mental health. You might want to explore opportunities within your church to join groups or activities where you can meet like-minded individuals. Engaging in social interactions, even in small doses, can make a positive impact over time.

Remember, healing is a process, and it's okay to seek professional help if needed. If your feelings persist, consider reaching out to a mental health professional or counselor who can provide guidance and support tailored to your specific situation.

Take things one step at a time, and be gentle with yourself. You're not alone, and there are people who care about you and want to support you on your journey toward healing.

thelord's_pearl

May 1, 2021
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I'm truly sorry to hear that you're going through such a challenging time, and I appreciate your openness in sharing your struggles. It's important to acknowledge and seek support for both emotional and mental well-being.

While I offer prayers, let me offer some words of encouragement. It's completely okay to feel the way you do, and it's a brave step to reach out for support. In addition to prayer, consider talking to someone you trust about your feelings, whether it's a friend, family member, or a member of your church community.

Building connections and friendships can indeed be beneficial for mental health. You might want to explore opportunities within your church to join groups or activities where you can meet like-minded individuals. Engaging in social interactions, even in small doses, can make a positive impact over time.

Remember, healing is a process, and it's okay to seek professional help if needed. If your feelings persist, consider reaching out to a mental health professional or counselor who can provide guidance and support tailored to your specific situation.

Take things one step at a time, and be gentle with yourself. You're not alone, and there are people who care about you and want to support you on your journey toward healing.
Thank you for your empathy. Yes I do think I'm brave because I feel humiliated saying this on an open forum but I had to let it out to a place I felt comfortable. Thank you also for thinking that it's ok to feel the way I do because I've been told how it's so easy to get over, what's wrong with me sort of thing. I just feel I'm being treated robotically by this person now like how a robot would treat a person and it affects me and really has been hard for me and hello, I also have no friends! And I've explained why I don't already. I never thought this would happen to me. I hope that like how God treated David when Satan meant something bad for him, God turned it into good.

I don't want to have to try to increase my antidepressant medication and gain more weight and possibly get other side effects. I've already been on 40mg of an antidepressant for a long time already and I already tried to increase 1mg of the antipsychotic medication with little help so I'll not be increasing that again as that drug is more dangerous to touch on.

In terms of groups, there's one that a pastor has been talking about but it hasn't started yet and I have to wait until February for another group but I think making friends can help with this but I'm not sure. I also think not coming to this church anymore can help as I never thought this church had good fellowship, it's easy to feel lonely. At the other church I used to go to, the fellowship was really good, you'd never feel lonely there and the people are likeable or very likeable and we give each other hugs all the time. I like that kind of fellowship of love and affection and I'm feeling not so ashamed to go back anymore as other people over time had their circumstances change too, not only me with my psychiatric problems of weight gain, etc.

I'll be seeing my naturopathic doctor on Saturday morning, who deals with mental health conditions like anxiety, depression, schizophrenia and I think more, so I hope he'll give me exactly what I need in the best way. I've tried taking extra supplements of vitamin B5 and B6 together: one or the other didn't work but both together stopped my hurting head for a while and then I would have to take it again if I felt the hurting head after a day later or a bit earlier, but the problem is that I still sleep a lot and feel tired. I don't know if it's the vitamin combination or me still feeling depressed and I am just guessing based on what I know about those vitamins but the doctor should be able to do better than me so I ask for prayers that I'll get the results that I want after this appointment and I don't have to wait any longer. God is in control. It's hard to say nice things about God when you're still not feeling better but I've got to think he's good in the midst of the good times and the bad/hard times. Maybe treatment for depression is good for me right now as I might need it in the case of losing a loved one in the future. God bless you all for your prayers.

Chains Broken

Oct 26, 2023
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you for your empathy. Yes I do think I'm brave because I feel humiliated saying this on an open forum but I had to let it out to a place I felt comfortable. Thank you also for thinking that it's ok to feel the way I do because I've been told how it's so easy to get over, what's wrong with me sort of thing. I just feel I'm being treated robotically by this person now like how a robot would treat a person and it affects me and really has been hard for me and hello, I also have no friends! And I've explained why I don't already. I never thought this would happen to me. I hope that like how God treated David when Satan meant something bad for him, God turned it into good.

I don't want to have to try to increase my antidepressant medication and gain more weight and possibly get other side effects. I've already been on 40mg of an antidepressant for a long time already and I already tried to increase 1mg of the antipsychotic medication with little help so I'll not be increasing that again as that drug is more dangerous to touch on.

In terms of groups, there's one that a pastor has been talking about but it hasn't started yet and I have to wait until February for another group but I think making friends can help with this but I'm not sure. I also think not coming to this church anymore can help as I never thought this church had good fellowship, it's easy to feel lonely. At the other church I used to go to, the fellowship was really good, you'd never feel lonely there and the people are likeable or very likeable and we give each other hugs all the time. I like that kind of fellowship of love and affection and I'm feeling not so ashamed to go back anymore as other people over time had their circumstances change too, not only me with my psychiatric problems of weight gain, etc.

I'll be seeing my naturopathic doctor on Saturday morning, who deals with mental health conditions like anxiety, depression, schizophrenia and I think more, so I hope he'll give me exactly what I need in the best way. I've tried taking extra supplements of vitamin B5 and B6 together: one or the other didn't work but both together stopped my hurting head for a while and then I would have to take it again if I felt the hurting head after a day later or a bit earlier, but the problem is that I still sleep a lot and feel tired. I don't know if it's the vitamin combination or me still feeling depressed and I am just guessing based on what I know about those vitamins but the doctor should be able to do better than me so I ask for prayers that I'll get the results that I want after this appointment and I don't have to wait any longer. God is in control. It's hard to say nice things about God when you're still not feeling better but I've got to think he's good in the midst of the good times and the bad/hard times. Maybe treatment for depression is good for me right now as I might need it in the case of losing a loved one in the future. God bless you all for your prayers.
I'd say be careful with the medications, I used to a high dosage of an antidepressant and it didn't really help although I had side effects. Not saying you shouldn't increase the dosage, just be careful.

The other church sounds like it could be good, it seems like you're treated very impersonally at this one. I know God will give you the strength and guidance you need in this time.

Last edited:
T

Tulipbee

thelord's_pearl, I hear you, and your openness is a testament to your strength. It takes courage to share your struggles, especially in a public space. I want to assure you that you're not alone, and your feelings are valid.

It's unfortunate to hear that you're experiencing difficulties with someone who seems to treat you robotically. Relationships can indeed be challenging, and it's important to prioritize your well-being. Your vulnerability is not a sign of weakness but a display of your inner strength.

I'm glad you have plans to explore new groups and activities within your church community. Building connections can bring positive changes to your mental health. The fellowship you're seeking, filled with love and affection, is crucial, and I hope you find it.

I commend you for seeking support from your naturopathic doctor. It's a wise decision to explore different avenues for mental health. Your proactive approach in trying to understand and address your needs is commendable.

As you anticipate your appointment, I offer prayers for the guidance and results you seek. May your meeting with the naturopathic doctor bring clarity and effective solutions tailored to your well-being. Remember, healing is a journey, and your resilience shines through.

God's blessings to you, thelord's_pearl. May you find comfort and joy in the midst of challenges, and may your path toward healing be filled with grace and understanding.