Ask me a Question

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Childoflight

Feb 26, 2021
Edmonton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Ask me a sincere question about the faith and I will give my best honest response which I believe the Holy Spirit will unveil and show us both through His wisdom. Please share your thoughts and ask about anything spiritually, I believe we can both benefit!

In Jesus name, Amen

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ask me a sincere question about the faith and I will give my best honest response which I believe the Holy Spirit will unveil and show us both through His wisdom. Please share your thoughts and ask about anything spiritually, I believe we can both benefit!

In Jesus name, Amen

Welcome.

1 Corinthians 14:22. What type of sign to an unbeliever is tongues. Explain.

Childoflight

Feb 26, 2021
Edmonton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
What "type" is indeed the point here. I almost missed it without the Holy Ghost hinting at that. I thought it was literal but kept coming back at the type of sign. I assumed it was positive sign but it's not. If an unbeliever walks in on people talking in "tongues" at a church, that's a guarantee its a sign for an unbeliever alright. It's a sign that they were right its not for them and will walk out. This sign is a negative one, not like a positive one for a believer (and even so its better to pray alone with tongues for your own belief and edification, and if lead in public, to have an interpreter). But later you see that prophesying is different and that it cuts deep at the heart. So this would be a "negative" sign for the unbeliever, if you will, at the moment, unless they become a "believer" by repenting and turning to the true Most High living God.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What "type" is indeed the point here. I almost missed it without the Holy Ghost hinting at that. I thought it was literal but kept coming back at the type of sign. I assumed it was positive sign but it's not. If an unbeliever walks in on people talking in "tongues" at a church, that's a guarantee its a sign for an unbeliever alright. It's a sign that they were right its not for them and will walk out. This sign is a negative one, not like a positive one for a believer (and even so its better to pray alone with tongues for your own belief and edification, and if lead in public, to have an interpreter). But later you see that prophesying is different and that it cuts deep at the heart. So this would be a "negative" sign for the unbeliever, if you will, at the moment, unless they become a "believer" by repenting and turning to the true Most High living God.

You get a gold star! Yes, it confirms an unbeliever in their unbelief by their reaction.