Assurance of salvation

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Lively Stone

Jan 15, 2012
Ontario, Canada
You have no idea how annoyed I am by what you just said. Not scriptural?!?! My ideas are scriptural, all right.
Matthew 18:22: not seven times, but seventy times seven!
In other words, indefinitely.
For every knee shall bow and every tongue confess that Christ Jesus is Lord.
Everyone will accept Him as their savior. Even if it's out of fear, according to most all we need to do to get to heaven is accept Jesus, which they most certaintly will do.
You say I don't have scripture to back up my points. I do. And I have one other thing: logic. The logic of common sense. If Jesus is as loving as he says he is, he will give us chance after death.

We have to accept Jesus in this life before we die, for when we die and then judgment comes. Logic is a biggest barrier to truth, when one does not give heed to the Holy Spirit concerning all things.

Hebrews 9:27
And just as each person is destined to die once and after that comes judgment,

Jesus is as loving as the word tells us, but we do not have a second chance after we die. He gives us countless chances now.

jiggyfly

Nov 27, 2009
North Carolina
We have to accept Jesus in this life before we die, for when we die and then judgment comes. Logic is a biggest barrier to truth, when one does not give heed to the Holy Spirit concerning all things.

Hebrews 9:27
And just as each person is destined to die once and after that comes judgment,

Jesus is as loving as the word tells us, but we do not have a second chance after we die. He goves us countless chances now.

How many judgments are there?

Lively Stone

Jan 15, 2012
Ontario, Canada
How many judgments are there?

More than one. There is the judgment seat of Christ (the Bema Seat) for all believers, and the judgment of the sheep and the goats at the time fo the Millennial reign. Then there is the Great White Throne judgment.

I mean your God, not mine. Mine is actually loving and infinitely forgiving.

I have no other God than that of the Bible, our Creator and Father. Seems to me yours has been manufactured out of wishes and hopes and dreams rather than the word of God Himself.

Justinian 1

Jan 24, 2012
Washington
I don't think you get my point. I AM getting into the Word by seeing and trying to figure out how the authors of the Bible intended it to be read.

Lively Stone

Jan 15, 2012
Ontario, Canada
it takes a lot to be kicked out of Worthy. I have been a member there since 2006.

It is pretty obvious you want a particular answer, but you won't get it becasue what you seek is contrary to God's word. This is why you must become an avid student of the word. Set aside your Universalism and simply drink in what God says.

Lively Stone

Jan 15, 2012
Ontario, Canada
I cannot accept an angry, selfish god. I have already given you scripture supporting universalism, but you have not responded to it.

God is not an angry selfish God and no one has portrayed such a God. Only universalists and athiests cry out with that kind of charge against him, and it is mostly a belief imbedded in fear. Knowing Jesus Christ personally kicks that fear right out, and causes us to know God as the loving Father He is. The reality is that He is not everyone's Father.

Lively Stone

Jan 15, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Oh, because obviously God disowns his own creation.

Does He? Doesn't He follow through on His promises? Aren't His promises good, or is he a liar, too? Doesn't He have the right to lay down the rules? Doesn't He have the right to confine evil away from His holiness forever? Doesn't the Father have the right to enjoy His children in His home forever?

Doesn't He have the right to remove those who are not His own? Does a parent in a neighbourhood own all the children on the block? No. Other fathers have other children. Only God is a father to those He has blood-bought, and who have rejected their abusive, lying father and come to Him for adoption.

Lively Stone

Jan 15, 2012
Ontario, Canada
He does. But your God does not do that to many of his crations. He just throws them away.

My God does that? My God lives by His excellent promises. He casts sin into the Lake Fire and if sin is on people, they will go, too. He cannot abide sin in His Kingdom. Those who refuse His ways are not worthy of His Kingdom. He gives everyone opportunity to know Him. No one has an excuse before Him. Everyone is judged fairly.

Romans 1:20 (NLT)

For ever since the world was created, people have seen the earth and sky. Through everything God made, they can clearly see his invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature. So they have no excuse for not knowing God.