Assurance of salvation

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Lively Stone

Jan 15, 2012
Ontario, Canada
A great question. I do not believe that a just God is really a loving God. The two just dont fit together in any logical or moral way. I believe that God is simply a perfect, loving God who gives people infinite amount of chances. Jesus did say that we must forgive 77 times 77 times. If God doesnt do that, then he is being hypocritical, which is certainly what god is not.

This incapability of accepting God as who He says He is, is what makes people susceptible to the demonic lie of Universalism. Comprehending God and accepting Him as He says He is takes faith, not logic. That same faith accepts the Gospel message and doesn't edit it to suit one's personal sensibilities.

John 3:16, the Gospel in a nutshell, doesn't redact the message of perishing, does it?

John 3:16 (NLT)
[sup]16[/sup] “For God loved the world so much that he gave his one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life.

Justinian 1

Jan 24, 2012
Washington
This incapability of accepting God as who He says He what makes people susceptible to the demonic lie of Universalism. Comprehending God and accepting Him as He says He is takes faith, not logic. That same faith accepts the Gospel message and doesn;t edit it to suit one's personal sensibilities.

John 3:16, the Gospel in a nutshell, doesn't redact the message of perishing, does it?

John 3:16 (NLT)

[sup]16[/sup] “For God loved the world so much that he gave his one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life.
Perishing is not Hell, if there is one. It is dying. And I am accepting what God says, which is to forgive each other infinitly. God does not infinitly forgive if he sends people to hell for all eternity with no chance after death to repent, which everyone would if given the chance.

Lively Stone

Jan 15, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Perishing is not Hell, if there is one. It is dying. And I am accepting what God says, which is to forgive each other infinitly. God does not infinitly forgive if he sends people to hell for all eternity with no chance after death to repent, which everyone would if given the chance.

Matthew 10:28
Do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather, be afraid of the One who can destroy both soul and body in hell.

God only forgives those who repent before death.

HeRoseFromTheDead

Not So Advanced Member
Jan 6, 2012
Thats a mean god

I think it's more accurate to say that God forgives all men. However, he will not coerce any to come to him. Some love darkness more than light. Without the cleansing offerred by forgiveness, these will remain in their sins. God will allow them to do that because that is what they choose.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here's the thing....

I treat my dogs better than some people's god treats them AND if that is truly God's character, it would be unethical to worship Him. Augustine agrees - one of the best arguments he has for dismissing the Roman gods as demons is that they started out less ethical than the Romans who worshiped them!

Also, J is right, if God is unable to redeem all of His creation, it speaks to His omnipotence.

Finally, I realize that human nature is basically good, but self serving. I reject Calvin's idea of total depravity - how can the creation of a Good God be completely depraved? The suggestion is almost as comical as it is primitive.....the sneaky villian eating from the forbidden tree without conscience....

A&E were absolutely in hot water and they knew it! They were forever changed and unable through their own shame to approach the God they loved....no matter what God did, they were unable to get past it - they even asked Him to further hide them by fashioning clothes (ego) for them.

It was fear as a result of selfishness that lead to the catastrophe....not devious, prideful, arrogance.

I have never met a narcissist who wasn't completely fragile and fearful underneath.

Justinian 1

Jan 24, 2012
Washington
Here's the thing....

I treat my dogs better than some people's god treats them AND if that is truly God's character, it would be unethical to worship Him. Augustine agrees - one of the best arguments he has for dismissing the Roman gods as demons is that they started out less ethical than the Romans who worshiped them!

Also, J is right, if God is unable to redeem all of His creation, it speaks to His omnipotence.

Finally, I realize that human nature is basically good, but self serving. I reject Calvin's idea of total depravity - how can the creation of a Good God be completely depraved? The suggestion is almost as comical as it is primitive.....the sneaky villian eating from the forbidden tree without conscience....

A&E were absolutely in hot water and they knew it! They were forever changed and unable through their own shame to approach the God they loved....no matter what God did, they were unable to get past it - they even asked Him to further hide them by fashioning clothes (ego) for them.

It was fear as a result of selfishness that lead to the catastrophe....not devious, prideful, arrogance.

I have never met a narcissist who wasn't completely fragile and fearful underneath.
Great response!

God cannot sin.

God cannot dwell with unholiness.

God cannot be unjust.

You be the judge.
Who are you to sayy that he cant do something? You are limiting God. Admit it.

Lively Stone

Jan 15, 2012
Ontario, Canada
It is never too late for God to forgive.

Whose Gospel are you following? Your own? Scriptures, please!

Yes, there will be a time that will be too late for His forgiveness. Today is the day for salvation. Once one's life on earth is over, there is no more repentance, for we are judged for our lives lived while living and breathing.

Corinthians 6:2 (NLT)

[sup]2[/sup] For God says,
“At just the right time, I heard you.
On the day of salvation, I helped you.”
Indeed, the “right time” is now. Today is the day of salvation.

1 Thessalonians 1:10
And they speak of how you are looking forward to the coming of God’s Son from heaven—Jesus, whom God raised from the dead. He is the one who has rescued us from the terrors of the coming judgment.

Jude 1:23
Rescue others by snatching them from the flames of judgment. Show mercy to still others, but do so with great caution, hating the sins that contaminate their lives.

Justinian 1

Jan 24, 2012
Washington
You have no idea how annoyed I am by what you just said. Not scriptural?!?! My ideas are scriptural, all right.
Matthew 18:22: not seven times, but seventy times seven!
In other words, indefinitely.
For every knee shall bow and every tongue confess that Christ Jesus is Lord.
Everyone will accept Him as their savior. Even if it's out of fear, according to most all we need to do to get to heaven is accept Jesus, which they most certaintly will do.
You say I don't have scripture to back up my points. I do. And I have one other thing: logic. The logic of common sense. If Jesus is as loving as he says he is, he will give us chance after death.