Assurance of salvation

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

RichardBurger

Jan 23, 2008
Southeast USA
If we are righteous in the flesh because of what we do then does that mean we no longer need imputed righteousness?

If we are righteous in the flesh then do we still need to be accounted as righteous as was Abraham?

Oh, and Son of Man, can you raise the dead? Paul could. He demonstrated the power of the Spirit in his ministrey. It was done by God, thru Paul, to show that Paul was sent by God.

Prentis

May 25, 2011
Montreal, Qc
If we are righteous in the flesh because of what we do then does that mean we no longer need imputed righteousness?

If we are righteous in the flesh then do we still need to be accounted as righteous as was Abraham?

Oh, and Son of Man, can you raise the dead? Paul could. He demonstrated the power of the Spirit in his ministrey. It was done by God, thru Paul, to show that Paul was sent by God.

So the Spirit could do miracles through Paul, but it couldn't make Paul to walk as Jesus did, which is also a miracle?

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

And the walk in the Spirit is God walking through men...Paul said it was Christ living through him...that is what Christianity is...it is a new creation in Christ. Not the same old bondage...but freedom in Christ. Freedom to sin? God forbid! We are free to walk with the Lord IN Christ BY the Spirit. It is HIS power at work...not our works.

RichardBurger

Jan 23, 2008
Southeast USA
And the walk in the Spirit is God walking through men...Paul said it was Christ living through him...that is what Christianity is...it is a new creation in Christ. Not the same old bondage...but freedom in Christ. Freedom to sin? God forbid! We are free to walk with the Lord IN Christ BY the Spirit. It is HIS power at work...not our works.

I give scriptures to back up what I write. You seem to think your word is scripture since you don't give any scriptures to back up what you write.

Give me a scripture that backs up your claim that Christ walks in us. I would like to be able to see if it actually says that.

1 Corinthians 10:23
23 All things are lawful for me, but not all things are helpful; all things are lawful for me, but not all things edify.
NKJV

So the Spirit could do miracles through Paul, but it couldn't make Paul to walk as Jesus did, which is also a miracle?

Paul never said he was sinless. If you think he did then show thje scriptures.

Jake

Aug 21, 2011
Western US
I give scriptures to back up what I write. You seem to think your word is scripture since you don't give any scriptures to back up what you write.

Give me a scripture that backs up your claim that Christ walks in us. I would like to be able to see if it actually says that.

23 All things are lawful for me, but not all things are helpful; all things are lawful for me, but not all things edify.
NKJV

Richard these verses have been given to you over and over and over again, let's see how bad you twists Paul's words......

Galatians 2:20
I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me.

Col 3:3 For you died, and your life is now hidden with Christ in God.

If you're dead Richard, who is living in you?

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To be absent from the body is to be with the Lord

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

NKJV

Col_1:27 To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory:

Gal_2:20 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

2Co 6:16 And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.

RichardBurger

Jan 23, 2008
Southeast USA
Richard these verses have been given to you over and over and over again, let's see how bad you twists Paul's words......

Galatians 2:20
I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me.

Col 3:3 For you died, and your life is now hidden with Christ in God.

You love to play the word game. I seem to still be living in a body of sinful flesh JUST AS YOU DO. However, the scriptures say that a child of God has been placed "IN CHRIST" by the Holy Spirit; not by works of the flesh. There is the Spirit and there is the flesh.

The flesh is sentenced to death and will die because of sin. You can say that the flesh is dead because of sin even though it has not actually died yet.

You didn't answer my question. "Paul never said he was sinless. If you think he did then show the scriptures."

Anyone that places their belief, faith, trust, and confidence in Jesus' shed blood on the cross is made a child of God by the Holy Spirit. They are placed "in Christ" by the Holy Spirit.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
You love to play the word game. I seem to still be living in a body of sinful flesh JUST AS YOU DO. However, the scriptures say that a child of God has been placed "IN CHRIST" by the Holy Spirit; not by works of the flesh. There is the Spirit and there is the flesh.

The flesh is sentenced to death and will die because of sin. You can say that the flesh is dead because of sin even though it has not actually died yet.

You didn't answer my question. "Paul never said he was sinless. If you think he did then show the scriptures."

Anyone that places their belief, faith, trust, and confidence in Jesus' shed blood on the cross is made a child of God by the Holy Spirit. They are placed "in Christ" by the Holy Spirit.

If someone wishes to go to Paris...they can put their trust belief and confidence in planes and/or ships and get there. Once there one sees the eiffel tower and hears a lot of French. :)

Now imagine for a moment that someone tells you they also believe they are in Paris but have never seen the Eiffel tower or ever heard any French.

So one is in reality and the other is make believe.

So to believe we are in Christ and still sinning is a fantasy and a fable...since in Christ there is no sin whatsoever. This is what the bible is saying...but this is not enough for you to wake from your dream.

Reactions: Prentis and Jake

us2are1

Son Of Man
Sep 14, 2011
Does "self" or your "flesh" dwell in the righteousness of Christ?

I myself belong fully to Christ. Christ's flesh belonged in His righteousness because He did not sin. But now that sin has been taught to me by The Word of God and I live no longer in it. Also since all past sins have been cast as far as the east is from the west. You Judge.

jiggyfly

Nov 27, 2009
North Carolina
I myself belong fully to Christ. Christ's flesh belonged in His righteousness because He did not sin. But now that sin has been taught to me by The Word of God and I live no longer in it. Also since all past sins have been cast as far as the east is from the west. You Judge.

For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would.
Gal 5:17 (KJV)

RichardBurger

Jan 23, 2008
Southeast USA
If someone wishes to go to Paris...they can put their trust belief and confidence in planes and/or ships and get there. Once there one sees the eiffel tower and hears a lot of French. :)

Now imagine for a moment that someone tells you they also believe they are in Paris but have never seen the Eiffel tower or ever heard any French.

So one is in reality and the other is make believe.

So to believe we are in Christ and still sinning is a fantasy and a fable...since in Christ there is no sin whatsoever. This is what the bible is saying...but this is not enough for you to wake from your dream.

Obviously you think you are now sinless in the flesh. Have you looked into your heart lately?

What is faith, trust, confidence? Is it reality? Can you hold it in your hands? Is it make believe?

You don't listen to what others say. I never said that a child of God sins in the spirit. It is the spirit that is in Christ. The flesh is not in Christ. But you can't seem to hear the words of Paul when he said that the flesh wars against the spirit and the spirit against the flesh. If you can't see your self as having two natures waring against each other then you have not been born of the Holy Spirit.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Obviously you think you are now sinless in the flesh. Have you looked into your heart lately?

What is faith, trust, confidence? Is it reality? Can you hold it in your hands? Is it make believe?

You don't listen to what others say. I never said that a child of God sins in the spirit. It is the spirit that is in Christ. The flesh is not in Christ. But you can't seem to hear the words of Paul when he said that the flesh wars against the spirit and the spirit against the flesh. If you can't see your self as having two natures waring against each other then you have not been born of the Holy Spirit.

You are not answering my posts and the scriptures you asked me for. You ignore what doesn't fit into your scheme. Is conversation with you pointless?

It is usual for people to accuse others of what they do themselves...

We are to keep ourselves pure from sins of spirit, soul and body. If I show you verses that say just that very thing...you will ignore that and say it is rubbish.

Not a very convincing argument....would you say?

Sabitarian

Sep 11, 2011
Son of Man,
It sounds to me that you have your salvation all worked out. There is no doubt of your being worthy of salvation in your mind, yet Paul was always worried that he woud fall short and be cast out. I guess that you are much better than Paul and have no need of fear and trembling for fear of being cast out.
It appears that you in your mind believe that all of your sins are fully covered in the past and that you can not sin now. Your claim of perfection is astounding.
I myself do have fear of being cast out as do all who are aware of there being no way that we can be assured of not being sinnful in the flesh. "O," yes the Book tells us that we will be judged by our works.
I have read the Book of James many times and find that I fall short in many ways, but that does not keep me from trying to do the right thing. I still have problems with language when I bark a knuckle as it hurts.
humble servant of the Lord God Most High

Phillip

Jan 2, 2012
Dear Richard Burger.

It is quite a pleasure to know you by your word of God and your Spirit of Christ and in Truth and in Patience in your testimony of Jesus.

I've been reading your posts and you are right on. Neither do you allow the enemy of the gospel to get to you as they attempt to beat you up with their mis-used scriptures.
I'm new here and don't know how to use the friend feature but I would like to befriend you here.

Isn't it strange, all the banter about going to heaven?

Most folk don't know that Jesus was IN HEAVEN while on the earth.

(Joh 3:13) And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven.

Likewise, we are in Heaven in Christ NOW;

(Eph 2:6) And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:

Modern Christendom has turned people's brains into mush to where they can't see the things of the Spirit. They rail against that which is truth, which they know not. Keep up the faith. God bless you.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Dear Richard Burger.

It is quite a pleasure to know you by your word of God and your Spirit of Christ and in Truth and in Patience in your testimony of Jesus.

I've been reading your posts and you are right on. Neither do you allow the enemy of the gospel to get to you as they attempt to beat you up with their mis-used scriptures.
I'm new here and don't know how to use the friend feature but I would like to befriend you here.

(Joh 3:13) And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven.

(Eph 2:6) And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:

Modern Christendom has turned people's brains into mush to where they can't see the things of the Spirit. They rail against that which is truth, which they know not. Keep up the faith. God bless you.

Why rail against the truth then?

HeRoseFromTheDead

Not So Advanced Member
Jan 6, 2012

Richard is dead to the law; it is a legal, judicial issue. He is obviously alive in his sinful flesh. Christ is able to live in Richard because he has been anointed with the the holy spirit and made holy. Christ is able to live through him if he puts the deeds of the flesh to death by walking in the spirit of truth.

us2are1

Son Of Man
Sep 14, 2011
Son of Man,
It sounds to me that you have your salvation all worked out. There is no doubt of your being worthy of salvation in your mind, yet Paul was always worried that he woud fall short and be cast out. I guess that you are much better than Paul and have no need of fear and trembling for fear of being cast out.
It appears that you in your mind believe that all of your sins are fully covered in the past and that you can not sin now. Your claim of perfection is astounding.
I myself do have fear of being cast out as do all who are aware of there being no way that we can be assured of not being sinnful in the flesh. "O," yes the Book tells us that we will be judged by our works.
I have read the Book of James many times and find that I fall short in many ways, but that does not keep me from trying to do the right thing. I still have problems with language when I bark a knuckle as it hurts.
humble servant of the Lord God Most High

The Lord has my salvation all worked out. As for works it is His works that I do. I will pray that you find the power in Him to overcome the deceitful flesh of man. If you ask God daily for His Spirit to replace the spirit of man with His own. That is the best place to start. ask God for the true riches of heaven.

For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would.
Gal 5:17 (KJV)

Romans 8
13 For if you live according to the flesh you will die; but if by the Spirit you put to death the deeds of the body, you will live.

RichardBurger

Jan 23, 2008
Southeast USA
Dear Richard Burger.

One thing we know is that it is not the many that find the truth, it is the few. The truth is that Jesus shed His blood on the cross to reconcile sinners to God. Jesus did for sinners what they could not do for themselves. Glad to have you on the forum.

Richard