Assurance of salvation:

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Speaking of pigs........

Great photo....love it!
This is still the best thread on the Site.
Six arguing threads between the Prots and Caths is wearing me out! But, they never get tired of them seemingly. :(

Reactions: Triumph1300

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When it comes to vision, in the Spirit our vision needs to be improving. But, cannot a person's vision get worse as he wearies of well doing? In the flesh there is what man names macular degeneration. Is there not a corresponding problem in the spirit that causes a man to go blind spiritually speaking?

Cannot men become more beast-like? Is that not what men have done? Before Adam and Even sinned in the garden men were not unclean beasts nor even clean beasts. They could see God. When they sinned then the descent downward began to becoming beast-like and it has been a never ending slide since then for most. They slid into a greater and greater darkness. Jesus made it possible for people to stop sliding, but...

If we eat garbage regularly but eat nothing that is clean and good, what will our end be? Is that not the direction that Adam and Eve took so long ago? Is that not the pathway into greater darkness?

On the other hand, if we eat more clean and good things than garbage will we not become more like Jesus, more like God? Is that not the pathway into greater Light?

Until we have completely killed our beasts as Jesus killed his beasts, then the way to becoming more beast-like remains open. But we have always before us the way of wisdom, do we not?

"Wisdom hath builded her house, she hath hewn out her seven pillars:
She hath killed her beasts; she hath mingled her wine; she hath also furnished her table." Prov 9:1-2

Yes, wisdom kills her beasts, but those who do not act wisely will go the way of their first parents. They will nourish the beasts and starve the new man...

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
They should name this forum "The Battle Field of Christianity and others."

The thing is...I KNOW the two answers that I would give to myself.
1) Don't read them ...but I still do.
2) Go and start some new interesting discussions...

...I would if I could think of something new. We've pretty much discussed the good interesting discussions...and I am not good at all at starting new threads which go for any more than just three posts!!! :D