Astral Projection

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The only way she could have suffered dissociation at that age would be from severe abuse.

Psychologically/emotionally it was pretty bad. I guess it depends on the eye of the beholder. But the good news is, you really wouldn't guess it today after going through a few years of inpatient programs. I worked hard to put this behind me and God has done a good work in my life.

Reactions: Helen and bbyrd009

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
I've heard Christians give testimonies that they were taken by God to the third heaven like Paul was.
i guess i wasn't being too clear there; i am going to end up agreeing that that was Paul, only how did you come to this conclusion? Pls Quote the v that gave you this impression iow.

Reactions: Helen

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm glad you let God be God, but not sure by your clarification. Are you calling Christians who are caught up to heaven, whether in vision or spirit traveling, not of God? Or just occult astral projection?

Thanks for the question. Did you read all of my post? I'm saying that I believe that God initiates these experiences (being caught up into the 3rd heaven) sometimes like He did with Paul. So, if God does it, it certainly is a good thing! However, I've read accounts of New Agers who have had experiences through Eastern meditation that I believe are from the devil.

Last edited:

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm glad you let God be God, but not sure by your clarification. Are you calling Christians who are caught up to heaven, whether in vision or spirit traveling, not of God? Or just occult astral projection?

Thanks for the question. Did you read all of my post? I'm saying that I believe that God initiates these experiences (like being taken up into the 3rd heaven) sometimes like He did with Paul. So, if God does it, it certainly is a good thing! However, I've read accounts of New Agers who have had experiences through Eastern meditation that I believe are from the devil.

Last edited:

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
Psychologically/emotionally it was pretty bad. I guess it depends on the eye of the beholder. But the good news is, you really wouldn't guess it today after going through a few years of inpatient programs. I worked hard to put this behind me and God has done a good work in my life.

I'm glad you recovered. Yes, I believe God was watching out for you even then.

Reactions: Mayflower and Helen

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i would reread that passage again wadr, Paul never got taken anywhere, and he is very open about saying so
ok let's talk about this after we get the Paul story straight imo
No one has ever gone up to heaven except He Who came down from it, the Son of Man
Hi, Groper, I really don't care to debate this with you. As far as I'm concerned, it's common knowledge that Paul was talking about himself in 2 Cor. 12:2.

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was sexually abused by my dad from about 4 to 6 years old and this happened during one of those times. I did have a couple "characters" for awhile that I saw. But they are gone now. They were just parts of me I had to recognize and work through. There is a lot about my past you don't know like my dad being locked up in the bedroom with the windows boarded up/deadbolt and chain. And I was in there once or twice with him. Being a witness daily to my dad swearing on the Bible to my mom he didnt look at another woman or my sister that day. Only I was okay. It is sad looking back, I have overcome these things by the grace of God. He has brought me through so much. I think astral projection last night got me thinking down the wrong road again though. I am better again today. Just a trigger. But I was just a bit anxious last night, so prayed some and worried some. Work in progress!!!!

So yes. I was told by a counselor it was dissociation and I have struggled with PTSD before. But God is faithful and it is only by Him I am alive today.

As far as if dissociation is astral projection, I think it could be when I think about it, because in trauma you can desire to be out of your body. I don't think any of it is good though...and it really had me doubting some things for a long time. It was difficult to accept, because I blocked it out until I was about 15.
I'm sorry to hear this. I can see how there's confusion based on what you went through. I pray that God will bring healing to your soul!

Reactions: Mayflower and Helen

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Hi, Groper, I really don't care to debate this with you. As far as I'm concerned, it's common knowledge that Paul was talking about himself in 2 Cor. 12:2.

Im pretty sure what bbyrd009 means is...he know about what it says about Paul in the scriptures...but what he's asking is for scriptural verses confirming that 'other people' have had this happen to. :)

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i guess i wasn't being too clear there; i am going to end up agreeing that that was Paul, only how did you come to this conclusion? Pls Quote the v that gave you this impression iow.
Im pretty sure what bbyrd009 means is...he know about what it says about Paul in the scriptures...but what he's asking is for scriptural verses confirming that 'other people' have had this happen to. :)
I appreciate the clarification. He did say that Paul never got taken anywhere, so I assumed he meant he didn't believe that Paul was taken to the 3rd heaven...

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was sexually abused by my dad from about 4 to 6 years old and this happened during one of those times. I did have a couple "characters" for awhile that I saw. But they are gone now. They were just parts of me I had to recognize and work through. There is a lot about my past you don't know like my dad being locked up in the bedroom with the windows boarded up/deadbolt and chain. And I was in there once or twice with him. Being a witness daily to my dad swearing on the Bible to my mom he didnt look at another woman or my sister that day. Only I was okay. It is sad looking back, I have overcome these things by the grace of God. He has brought me through so much. I think astral projection last night got me thinking down the wrong road again though. I am better again today. Just a trigger. But I was just a bit anxious last night, so prayed some and worried some. Work in progress!!!!

So yes. I was told by a counselor it was dissociation and I have struggled with PTSD before. But God is faithful and it is only by Him I am alive today.

As far as if dissociation is astral projection, I think it could be when I think about it, because in trauma you can desire to be out of your body. I don't think any of it is good though...and it really had me doubting some things for a long time. It was difficult to accept, because I blocked it out until I was about 15.

I'm sorry you went through that time with your dad. It makes sense that you would see it as dissociation. And it is gone now that you are better. That being said, seeing as you were on the ceiling like a near death experience leads me to think it was real - that for some reason your spirit left your body. But, as I said, I'm no expert. Far from it.

Reactions: Mayflower

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I see. Sorry I misunderstood. Here are the verses from 2 Corinthians:

2 I know a man in Christ who was caught up into the third heaven 14 years ago. Whether he was in the body or out of the body, I don’t know, God knows. 3 I know that this man—whether in the body or out of the body I don’t know, God knows— 4 was caught up into paradise. He heard inexpressible words, which a man is not allowed to speak.

I've taken some Bible classes and heard teaching from these verses. This is the conclusion I've always heard--that Paul was talking about himself. Plus, it makes sense when you read Paul's letters that he had knowledge and understanding about God that is beyond this world. I believe that he received this knowledge while he was in the throne room of God in the 3rd heaven.

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thanks for the question. Did you read all of my post? I'm saying that I believe that God initiates these experiences (being caught up into the 3rd heaven) sometimes like He did with Paul. So, if God does it, it certainly is a good thing! However, I've read accounts of New Agers who have had experiences through Eastern meditation that I believe are from the devil.
Yes, New Agers are experiencing counterfeits of the devil. And I always though ALL astral projection was from Satan. But have you not seen the many testimonies in the last couple decades of Christians traveling in the spirit? Look up on youtube Sid Roth Joshua Mills China and let me know what you think?

When I look at the lives of the Christians that are experiencing this, it is not demonic. They draw close to God, and the Word says, He will draw near to them.

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, New Agers are experiencing counterfeits of the devil. And I always though ALL astral projection was from Satan. But have you not seen the many testimonies in the last couple decades of Christians traveling in the spirit? Look up on youtube Sid Roth Joshua Mills China and let me know what you think?

When I look at the lives of the Christians that are experiencing this, it is not demonic. They draw close to God, and the Word says, He will draw near to them.
You and I actually agree about this. That's why I asked if you had read my whole post. I was agreeing with you.

Reactions: Heart2Soul

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You and I actually agree about this. That's why I asked if you had read my whole post. I was agreeing with you.

At first I thought you were, but then I questioned that one statement, so I narrowed your post to just that question to verify. :) You know what they say about assuming...

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I appreciate the clarification. He did say that Paul never got taken anywhere, so I assumed he meant he didn't believe that Paul was taken to the 3rd heaven...

Well, I guess even Paul himself did not know if he "went " anywhere or not.
He says -" in the body or out of the body , I know not."

He did not know if he was translated or if he went in vision.
His feet may have stayed right here ( which is what I believe about the 'rapture' theory that people talk about)
We are spirit beings....the vail between natural and spiritual is very thin.
Neither do I believe ( as some do) that if we travel far enough we can get to heaven! :rolleyes:

Heaven is another realm, not another place.

But, that's just me...th2cents.gif

Reactions: bbyrd009

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, I guess even Paul himself did not know if he "went " anywhere or not.
He says -" in the body or out of the body , I know not."

He did not know if he was translated or if he went in vision.
His feet may have stayed right here ( which is what I believe about the 'rapture' theory that people talk about)
We are spirit beings....the vail between natural and spiritual is very thin.
Neither do I believe ( as some do) that if we travel far enough we can get to heaven! :rolleyes:

Heaven is another realm, not another place.

But, that's just me...View attachment 4226
Can we do a two-cent swap? :)
I agree that heaven is another realm, not necessarily another place. That’s how Jesus could stand on the dirt while talking to Moses and Elijah. I never took Paul to mean that he didn’t go anywhere, though, because he said he was caught up into paradise. I’ve heard accounts of Christians being caught up to heaven and they experienced traveling upward through the clouds or through a bright tunnel. That seems like more than a vision to me, but I guess we’ll know exactly how it works at some point in the not so distant future. I’m looking forward to it!

Last edited:

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
At first I thought you were, but then I questioned that one statement, so I narrowed your post to just that question to verify. :) You know what they say about assuming...
I do know what they say about assuming, but I might get in trouble if I post it here. ;)

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
that's actually kinda good to hear, even if it is a poor characterization of the passage imo; Paul was going to some lengths to not talk about himself there. We were just discussing this a couple weeks ago, and i remember the outcome being kind of mixed. It's kind of a leap to get from Boasting to 3rd person maybe
well, he even says that much directly so i'm not even interested in debating that--"whether in the body or out of it i don't know," or something to that effect--and imo it is violating the Scripture to even declare that it was Paul after the efforts he has obviously made to obscure who the "man" was, so as not to be perceived as Boasting, which is the point of referring to himself in the 3rd person imo.

which might not be correct, but "Paul" plus "common knowledge" def sets off alarm bells for me at least. Wadr it's common knowledge that Paul stated "to be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord" right
This is the conclusion I've always heard--that Paul was talking about himself.
me too, yes. So iow we intentionally violate the spirit of the passage, and miss the point that Paul was making, rather than going along with him spiritually and agreeing @ "a man" and getting the point, bc we are more interested in locating a place called heaven, and vitally obsessed with getting a man in there in violation of other plain Scripture
Eastern meditation that I believe are from the devil.
Yes, New Agers are experiencing counterfeits of the devil.
ok ladies, best of luck with that, i guess it is pretty much the inevitable result.

Last edited: