At A Crossroad...

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2 Chr. 34:19

Jun 20, 2020
Chester ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Just because you happened to wander into the wrong churches does not mean that you throw up your hands in despair. Indeed, if you believe you have the right doctrine, you can start preaching and teaching to all and sundry.
I am a wanderer. The ‘wrong’ churches seem to be everywhere

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
So, there's my delemna. Does anyone actually agree with these points I believe are important? They aren't all the things that need to be addressed, but it's a good start.

The walk of Faith is completed in Christ, but its walked out as your life.
To be static is to be cold and removed from first love.
To be needing more, is proof of Growth.
To actually be seeking more is proof of a deepening faith.

You need to find an outlet that allows you more participation, in real life.
Consider a mission trip, or a trip to Israel, even if you have to deal with a bit of quarantine to do it.
The virus didn't stop People from going to hell every day.
The Cross is still in effect, and heaven is not yet filled to capacity.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The virus didn't stop People from going to hell every day.
The virus originated in Hell, and the panic was promoted by Satan's minions. And Trump should have been on the alert and not allowed the conspirators to take control. Thus everything went out of control.

At the same time, all Christian churches (of whatever denomination) should have totally rejected STATE CONTROL of their meetings and their worship. Now the Anarchists have decided to reject that control and are having a heyday, while evil governors are still clamping down on churches. When you give an inch, they demand a yard.

Reactions: historyb

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Perhaps you might want to look beyond the limited history of the Sola churches......i know i am grateful i did
I think it's more about what SOLA FIDE, SOLA SCRIPTURA and SOLA GRATIA mean in Scripture, rather than how feeble mortals have in faith but imperfectly aspired to them.

historyb

Mar 10, 2011
in a house
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The virus originated in Hell, and the panic was promoted by Satan's minions. And Trump should have been on the alert and not allowed the conspirators to take control. Thus everything went out of control.

At the same time, all Christian churches (of whatever denomination) should have totally rejected STATE CONTROL of their meetings and their worship. Now the Anarchists have decided to reject that control and are having a heyday, while evil governors are still clamping down on churches. When you give an inch, they demand a yard.

Amen!

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Hello all:

I am at a crossroads on how I feel about Christian forums and if I want to participate any longer. I am starting to feel I don't belong on them. My views and values are just too different. I've already quit one forum. Maybe perminantly, maybe not. I will try to be brief, and maybe you can see my frustrations. Here is what I believe:

1. I believe in Jesus Christ. I believe in the person, but also the things he said and did, and I believe in following his teachings, commandments and his ordinances.
2. I believe the Bible is his word. Jesus was the Word made flesh, but I believe the Written Word. Without the Bible, we don't know what Jesus said, did or ordained. It befuddles me how anyone could both attack it and support it at the same time.

I also don't understand how people don't consider everything that was written but would rather drill just one verse without considering the whole scripture.

3. I believe that Christians should go to Church. Yea, I said it! By that, I mean the should gather their physical bodies in one physical place. I also believe there should be order of some sort... In other words, it ain't a pot luck dinner!

4. I believe Churches should have a government structure. Yes, I said that too! It is dangerous, as Paul warned, but it is ordained by God. By no means do I mean it should be the monstrosity it's become. But the Bible does give guidelines... And they don't mean social gatherings where people eat hors de vors and children play with toys provided for them.... Or listen to teaching... Whatever they want to do...

That's a pot lock dinner... And it's stupid and unbiblical to the point that Paul said don't do it. Jesus said not to share children away...

[Sidenote: This is the point where some will chime in and say, "Well the people are the Church, not the building!". Duh? Tell me something I don't know, and when did I ever say anything about a building? I said the people assemble for "Church"]@FHII Whether message boards can be used profitably is I guess all part of Philippians 4.8's challenge: to pursue all that's good and true and profitable....

5. I believe Christians should be givers. Not to the poor and needy, but directly for the teaching! If you have been taught... Give! Support those who teach his Word. A true Man of God will turn around and see that his congregation can make ends meet. Paul did both. He lived on offerings and he distributed them. He called for support of the ministry and likewise support for those in need.

I see a decay in these truths. This time, I didn't give one verse to support what I have said. I've been giving them for nearly 20 years. At least 9 years on this board. But I am happy to say I can give scripture for everything I have said.

Yet, I don't feel there is like feeling amongst boards in general. I don't feel many see these things as important.

I know that many aren't following God's plan. Frankly, I am a bit sad about that, but not too sad... He said it would happen. But just because the masses aren't following the plan doesn't mean the plan is wrong! It's still the way God wanted it done!

So, there's my delemna. Does anyone actually agree with these points I believe are important? They aren't all the things that need to be addressed, but it's a good start.