At A Crossroad...

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
That was in connection with unbelievers, not believers.
Than is mens definition of a believer different to Christs,

Mat 7:21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
Mat 7:22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
Mat 7:23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Reactions: bbyrd009

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
i guess, i mean do you mean theos? YHWH? Elohim? Which, exactly
Yes. ELOHIM = THEOS = YHWH = GOD = JESUS
At the same time all of this also applies to God the Father. And God the Father is called "God" in the New Testament because Jesus is called "the Lord Jesus Christ".

But THEOS (the Father) addresses Jesus (the Son) as THEOS.

But unto the Son [Jesus] he saith, Thy throne, O God [THEOS], is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom. Thou hast loved righteousness, and hated iniquity; therefore God [THEOS = Jesus] , even thy God [THEOS = the Father], hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows. (Heb 1:8,9)

If anyone says "How can the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit all be God at one and the same time?" the answer is called "the Mystery of God".

Reactions: Taken and Nancy

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Than is mens definition of a believer different to Christs,
Sure. You can take verses out of context and make up your own theology (as you frequently do). But when Jesus talked about shaking off the dust, that was PURELY in connection with unbelievers. Read it again.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well one can realize they are on unfruitful ground. But I said earlier you really don't outgrow a Church...not that message boards are one.

But...I must say that I did outgrow Church's. If they only spoke on the "tithing" and the "healing's" and erroneous teaching on "tongues"....it seemed they only used the same scripture verses over and over again...and I give a Church a good long time before deciding to leave, and never have I left a Church without beforehand, speaking to the Pastor.
And just to add a bit to the op and forums...we are all in different places, yet we are still with God no matter where we go.
FHII, I DO agree with pretty much all of what you said BUT...the small groups are something I get much fellowship in. Throughout the week? ZERO. I do spend much of my time at a local pantry/soup kitchen and serve my community but...they are (mostly) lost so...it's hard to find someone who is a sister in Christ there as far as the other volunteers, there are a very small few, but they have their own lives and routines and friends. Being 62 and leaving the "worldly" friends behind long ago, makes it kind of hard to really get to know others in my own Church. They are right on with doctrine (IMO) yet, they only teach so far and so much to the detriment of like, a good 70 or so percent of the rest of those scriptures! And, this is what I have been seeing since the early 90's so...bottom line, after all this blah,blah from me (lol) is that, I still attend Sunday services (or, will soon) for the corporate worship, and the hopes of finding someone who I could be a great sister to. Or brother.
Dunno @FHII , But I hope you don't leave here. I know you and I have not really had much interaction but, I do know that there was nothing that I can think of that
you ever posted that I disagreed with

So...I will say that I wish you would stay, you do not know the souls who might be saved by a single thing you say :)

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Sure. You can take verses out of context and make up your own theology (as you frequently do). But when Jesus talked about shaking off the dust, that was PURELY in connection with unbelievers. Read it again.
Ye Jesus mention over and over of so called "believers" who will not listen so does that make them unbelievers.

Reactions: bbyrd009

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think you are correct Ron. I feel much change on the horizon...new beginnings. I know you have changes coming down the road, and I also have things happening that are kind of throwing my routines off balance. Don't want to see FH leave, more imbalance :D
@FHII , maybe you just need a break from here?

Yea, maybe... I've done so before and it helped.
I can relate. I probably question whether I need to stay here at least once a month, lol. The bottomline for me is obedience to God. If He directs me to stay or leave, that's what I need to do..... I encourage you to seek Him, and I know that He will reveal His will to you. Hope this helps.
It does... He ain't telling me to stay. Not by dreams or voices in my head, but by scripture... I'm still listening...

I can hear your frustration. :)

It’s always hard for us when we firmly believe that we have everything right, and we perfectly understand what God is saying ..and others just aren’t doing what they should be doing , like we are doing.
Agree....That is a tough place to live.
Well Thank you Helen, my dear friend. I have always appreciated you kindness.

However, what is this "we" business? I point to the scripture and to what Jesus and his Apostles said. I expect them above all to be recognized. When I quote them to make a point, unless someone proves I misunderstood them, I am not going to accept their rebuttal. I point to them so with me, there is no "we".

With that, I have heard too many on boards cast off the Bible as not the Word of God in favor to whatever voices they hear in their head! Unless, of course, a scripture agrees with them!

If I understand, show me the Truth! I will repent, and it has happened before on this board!

Otherwise, I am not apart of this "we". I point to "HE"
You and I probably don't agree on much doctrine wise. I would hate to see you go if you feel you are getting something of value out of being on a Christian forum.

Do you get anything of value (spiritually) by participating in this forum? If not, maybe it is time to stop focusing your valuable time on this forum and focus in on what brings you spiritual fulfillment.

Hope that helps...God bless...Mary

Mary, I like you! You have driven me absolutely bonkers for years with many oddball questions. But thanks for it. Never questioned your sinereity or honesty.

Whether I get of anything of spiritual value out of message boards is what I am questioning. In a lot of ways, I do. In other ways, I don't.
and we need a Clint Eastwood in here anyway. ;)
Well, what forum doesn't?

I don't want to sound flippant, but none of us belong in this world do we. But we stay because deep down in our hearts we know we have something to contribute...
Probably the strongest reason to stay that I've heard. But still, Jesus told his disciples not to stay where they weren't accepted.
Hi FHII, to be honest, I find it hard to believe that the points that you cited are that controversial, or at least, would be met with such contention or adversity, that would overwhelm you in one manner or another?
Yea, I find it hard to believe too! They are logical, they aren't scandalous and they are endorsed by the written Word!

If you want to say I misunderstand what Jesus and his Ambassadors said, then we have a platform to hash things out. But I have heard folks outright disregard the Bible because they were led by a spirit to do so. They say it was the Holy Spirit, but I don't think it was Holy!

But, in my opinion, you have OP'd some rather radical views, as in two creations from God (humankind vs Adam/Eve), and I forget the others. ...very, very sorry if I'm mistaken on these, and have you confused with someone else? If I'm correct, then it's rather naive of you to not expect vehement confrontation

Well, that sounds like me. If there is something you disagree with, bring it up! I know what you are speaking of with Adam, but I really can't comment on what you can't remember.

Reactions: Nancy and Helen

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Yes. ELOHIM = THEOS = YHWH = GOD = JESUS
you think so? Then being as how you are elohim too, that means you are Yah? YHWH?
At the same time all of this also applies to God the Father. And God the Father is called "God" in the New Testament because Jesus is called "the Lord Jesus Christ".
and that makes sense to you? ok
are you fam with the dunning-kruger syndrome bac? I mean notice how youre speaking in absolutes there? The problem being that now that you are convinced you know everything, see, no new information can possibly be allowed in, right? And i mean you cant even have a discussion about anything, as you are now limited to lecturing and other professorial pursuits. That how you wanna go out bro?
If anyone says "How can the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit all be God at one and the same time?" the answer is called "the Mystery of God".
i would deem it the gullibility of the ignorant who refuse to read Scripture myself, but you are certainly entitled to your pastor's opinion i guess. I dont mean to be offensive ok but you dont have a clue of what you are talking about. Please stop before it is too late. You are not Yah, and you do not know, as Scripture assures us ok

Not even the Son knows, but only the Father

Last edited:
Reactions: Nancy and DNB

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Well, that sounds like me. If there is something you disagree with, bring it up! I know what you are speaking of with Adam, but I really can't comment on what you can't remember.
Well, my point was only that when one holds unconventional views, like myself, we should expect contention, detractors and accusations.
This is nothing new, and should not affect one who has their theologies worked out well in their mind. They are aware of the controversies that pertain to it, and are comfortable with their position and respective explanations. Yes, at times being a renegade can be challenging, but not any more than those who may conveniently accept the prevailing 'orthodoxy', as such views are typically easily undermined.

Be strong in your views FHII, allow others to question things, and take their contentions to heart where reasonable and applicable. And don't be surprised if your met with contention and contempt for one reason or another, for you are fully aware of the diversity of sound, radical and outrageous views that there are on this site.

Last edited:

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, my point was only that when one holds unconventional views, like myself, we should expect contention, detractors and accusations.
This is nothing new, and should not affect one who has their theologies worked out well in their mind. They are aware of the controversies that pertain to it, and are comfortable with their position and respective explanations. Yes, at times being a renegade can be challenging, but not any more than those who may conveniently accept the prevailing 'orthodoxy', as such views are typically easily undermined.

Be strong in your views FHII, allow others to question things, and take their contentions to heart where reasonable and applicable. And don't be surprised if your met with contention and contempt for one reason or another, for you are fully aware of the diversity sound, radical and outrageous views that there are on this site.

I don't disagree. Although I don't see my views as unconventional. I see them as biblical and God backed and born. They may be unconventional to society, but not to God.

However, I am seeing something important In all this. I am pointing to what God said. Jesus, who was God in the flesh, was criticized. All his prophets were criticized too. I am not so sure heaven is shaking that people on the internet are upset with me!

SNB, when I give several quotes from the Bible to back up anything I say, I expect it (the scripture) to be respected. Even Satan respected it when Jesus said, "it is written". He fled!

Think about that... You have Christians who don't even respect what Satan himself respected! Satan has them not believing something he himself believes!

Damn! God is good! He created a perfect Devil! He created a devil who doesn't deny scripture, but convinces his followers that it's wrong! Wow!

Or maybe I am wrong. If you believe so... Let's do what the Bible said. Let's lay out staffs down and see which produces almonds.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
your bargain with the grave will be annulled
I will cancel the bargain you made to cheat death
I will overturn your deal to dodge the grave
your agreement with hell shall not stand

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
But...I must say that I did outgrow Church's. If they only spoke on the "tithing" and the "healing's" and erroneous teaching on "tongues"....it seemed they only used the same scripture verses over and over again...and I give a Church a good long time before deciding to leave, and never have I left a Church without beforehand, speaking to the Pastor.
And just to add a bit to the op and forums...we are all in different places, yet we are still with God no matter where we go.
FHII, I DO agree with pretty much all of what you said BUT...the small groups are something I get much fellowship in. Throughout the week? ZERO. I do spend much of my time at a local pantry/soup kitchen and serve my community but...they are (mostly) lost so...it's hard to find someone who is a sister in Christ there as far as the other volunteers, there are a very small few, but they have their own lives and routines and friends. Being 62 and leaving the "worldly" friends behind long ago, makes it kind of hard to really get to know others in my own Church. They are right on with doctrine (IMO) yet, they only teach so far and so much to the detriment of like, a good 70 or so percent of the rest of those scriptures! And, this is what I have been seeing since the early 90's so...bottom line, after all this blah,blah from me (lol) is that, I still attend Sunday services (or, will soon) for the corporate worship, and the hopes of finding someone who I could be a great sister to. Or brother.
Dunno @FHII , But I hope you don't leave here. I know you and I have not really had much interaction but, I do know that there was nothing that I can think of that
you ever posted that I disagreed with

So...I will say that I wish you would stay, you do not know the souls who might be saved by a single thing you say :)
Good on you Nancy!

Reactions: Nancy

2 Chr. 34:19

Jun 20, 2020
Chester ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all:

I am at a crossroads on how I feel about Christian forums and if I want to participate any longer. I am starting to feel I don't belong on them. My views and values are just too different. I've already quit one forum. Maybe perminantly, maybe not. I will try to be brief, and maybe you can see my frustrations. Here is what I believe:

1. I believe in Jesus Christ. I believe in the person, but also the things he said and did, and I believe in following his teachings, commandments and his ordinances.
2. I believe the Bible is his word. Jesus was the Word made flesh, but I believe the Written Word. Without the Bible, we don't know what Jesus said, did or ordained. It befuddles me how anyone could both attack it and support it at the same time.

I also don't understand how people don't consider everything that was written but would rather drill just one verse without considering the whole scripture.

3. I believe that Christians should go to Church. Yea, I said it! By that, I mean the should gather their physical bodies in one physical place. I also believe there should be order of some sort... In other words, it ain't a pot luck dinner!

4. I believe Churches should have a government structure. Yes, I said that too! It is dangerous, as Paul warned, but it is ordained by God. By no means do I mean it should be the monstrosity it's become. But the Bible does give guidelines... And they don't mean social gatherings where people eat hors de vors and children play with toys provided for them.... Or listen to teaching... Whatever they want to do...

That's a pot lock dinner... And it's stupid and unbiblical to the point that Paul said don't do it. Jesus said not to share children away...

[Sidenote: This is the point where some will chime in and say, "Well the people are the Church, not the building!". Duh? Tell me something I don't know, and when did I ever say anything about a building? I said the people assemble for "Church"]

5. I believe Christians should be givers. Not to the poor and needy, but directly for the teaching! If you have been taught... Give! Support those who teach his Word. A true Man of God will turn around and see that his congregation can make ends meet. Paul did both. He lived on offerings and he distributed them. He called for support of the ministry and likewise support for those in need.

I see a decay in these truths. This time, I didn't give one verse to support what I have said. I've been giving them for nearly 20 years. At least 9 years on this board. But I am happy to say I can give scripture for everything I have said.

Yet, I don't feel there is like feeling amongst boards in general. I don't feel many see these things as important.

I know that many aren't following God's plan. Frankly, I am a bit sad about that, but not too sad... He said it would happen. But just because the masses aren't following the plan doesn't mean the plan is wrong! It's still the way God wanted it done!

So, there's my delemna. Does anyone actually agree with these points I believe are important? They aren't all the things that need to be addressed, but it's a good start.
I believe that the early church of acts began well “they devoted themselves to the apostles teaching, fellowship, breaking of bread and prayer...and THE LORD added to their number daily”. So where did it all go wrong? hierarchy maybe? ...could be interpreted ‘the deeds of the nicolatians’?...and tithing is all very good, if the church building is of The Lord, we should be wary of giving to a false church, teaching, prophet etc. (Been Searching for a church for 10 years)

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I don't disagree. Although I don't see my views as unconventional. I see them as biblical and God backed and born. They may be unconventional to society, but not to God.

However, I am seeing something important In all this. I am pointing to what God said. Jesus, who was God in the flesh, was criticized. All his prophets were criticized too. I am not so sure heaven is shaking that people on the internet are upset with me!

SNB, when I give several quotes from the Bible to back up anything I say, I expect it (the scripture) to be respected. Even Satan respected it when Jesus said, "it is written". He fled!

Think about that... You have Christians who don't even respect what Satan himself respected! Satan has them not believing something he himself believes!

Damn! God is good! He created a perfect Devil! He created a devil who doesn't deny scripture, but convinces his followers that it's wrong! Wow!

Or maybe I am wrong. If you believe so... Let's do what the Bible said. Let's lay out staffs down and see which produces almonds.
I agree, the truth will elicit adversity, trials and tribulations, and ostracize the sheep from the goats. And, like I've always said, many are called but few are chosen, ...it is only the minority that will both recognize and accept the truth.

Well then FHII, like you said it yourself, if you are convinced of your sound and accurate exegesis, and that '...heaven is not shaking due to the contention that you received...', then you have a divine obligation to pronounce and defend the Truth. It is incumbent upon you to remain and try and impart the salvific Words of God? Do we need to speak about Paul's trial and tribulations, and his consequent fortitude in remaining steadfast and fulfilling his duty?

1 Corinthians 9:16-17
9:16. For if I preach the gospel, I have nothing to boast of, for I am under compulsion; for woe is me if I do not preach the gospel. 17. For if I do this voluntarily, I have a reward; but if against my will, I have a stewardship entrusted to me.

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
(Been Searching for a church for 10 years)

Hello 2 Chr,

Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a net thrown into the sea, which collects fish of every kind.

When it is full they haul it ashore and sit down to put what is good into buckets. What is bad they throw away.

You don't have to search far, the Church that Jesus' established has filled the whole world just as was prophesied..

Children, it is the last hour; and just as you heard that the antichrist was coming, so now many antichrists have appeared. Thus we know this is the last hour.

They went out from us, but they were not really of our number; if they had been, they would have remained with us. Their desertion shows that none of them was of our number.

You too! Are welcome to come to the wedding feast of the Lamb of God!

Peace be with you!

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yea, maybe... I've done so before and it helped.

It does... He ain't telling me to stay. Not by dreams or voices in my head, but by scripture... I'm still listening...

Well Thank you Helen, my dear friend. I have always appreciated you kindness.

However, what is this "we" business? I point to the scripture and to what Jesus and his Apostles said. I expect them above all to be recognized. When I quote them to make a point, unless someone proves I misunderstood them, I am not going to accept their rebuttal. I point to them so with me, there is no "we".

With that, I have heard too many on boards cast off the Bible as not the Word of God in favor to whatever voices they hear in their head! Unless, of course, a scripture agrees with them!

If I understand, show me the Truth! I will repent, and it has happened before on this board!

Otherwise, I am not apart of this "we". I point to "HE"

Mary, I like you! You have driven me absolutely bonkers for years with many oddball questions. But thanks for it. Never questioned your sinereity or honesty.

Whether I get of anything of spiritual value out of message boards is what I am questioning. In a lot of ways, I do. In other ways, I don't.

Well, what forum doesn't?

Probably the strongest reason to stay that I've heard. But still, Jesus told his disciples not to stay where they weren't accepted.

Yea, I find it hard to believe too! They are logical, they aren't scandalous and they are endorsed by the written Word!

If you want to say I misunderstand what Jesus and his Ambassadors said, then we have a platform to hash things out. But I have heard folks outright disregard the Bible because they were led by a spirit to do so. They say it was the Holy Spirit, but I don't think it was Holy!

Why leave something you are getting spiritual value out of....

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ye Jesus mention over and over of so called "believers" who will not listen so does that make them unbelievers.

That Scripture:
Matt 7: 23
[22] Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
[23] And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

IMO-
Is about, unbelievers "USING" the Power of Lords Name, and then taking credit for the Lords Work.

IOW-
Believe "ME"...this or that WILL Happen.
No.
Believe "Christ Jesus", His Word IS TRUE.
What Jesus said will happen, will happen.

Glory to God,
Taken

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
you think so? Then being as how you are elohim too, that means you are Yah? YHWH?
and that makes sense to you? ok
are you fam with the dunning-kruger syndrome bac? I mean notice how youre speaking in absolutes there? The problem being that now that you are convinced you know everything, see, no new information can possibly be allowed in, right? And i mean you cant even have a discussion about anything, as you are now limited to lecturing and other professorial pursuits. That how you wanna go out bro?

i would deem it the gullibility of the ignorant who refuse to read Scripture myself, but you are certainly entitled to your pastor's opinion i guess. I dont mean to be offensive ok but you dont have a clue of what you are talking about. Please stop before it is too late. You are not Yah, and you do not know, as Scripture assures us ok

Not even the Son knows, but only the Father

"Not even the Son knows, but only the Father"

My guess as to why the Son does not know is because God did not "speak" it yet? Jesus is The Word after all...:)