At A Crossroad...

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello all:

I am at a crossroads on how I feel about Christian forums and if I want to participate any longer. I am starting to feel I don't belong on them. My views and values are just too different. I've already quit one forum. Maybe perminantly, maybe not. I will try to be brief, and maybe you can see my frustrations. Here is what I believe:

1. I believe in Jesus Christ. I believe in the person, but also the things he said and did, and I believe in following his teachings, commandments and his ordinances.
2. I believe the Bible is his word. Jesus was the Word made flesh, but I believe the Written Word. Without the Bible, we don't know what Jesus said, did or ordained. It befuddles me how anyone could both attack it and support it at the same time.

I also don't understand how people don't consider everything that was written but would rather drill just one verse without considering the whole scripture.

3. I believe that Christians should go to Church. Yea, I said it! By that, I mean the should gather their physical bodies in one physical place. I also believe there should be order of some sort... In other words, it ain't a pot luck dinner!

4. I believe Churches should have a government structure. Yes, I said that too! It is dangerous, as Paul warned, but it is ordained by God. By no means do I mean it should be the monstrosity it's become. But the Bible does give guidelines... And they don't mean social gatherings where people eat hors de vors and children play with toys provided for them.... Or listen to teaching... Whatever they want to do...

That's a pot lock dinner... And it's stupid and unbiblical to the point that Paul said don't do it. Jesus said not to share children away...

[Sidenote: This is the point where some will chime in and say, "Well the people are the Church, not the building!". Duh? Tell me something I don't know, and when did I ever say anything about a building? I said the people assemble for "Church"]

5. I believe Christians should be givers. Not to the poor and needy, but directly for the teaching! If you have been taught... Give! Support those who teach his Word. A true Man of God will turn around and see that his congregation can make ends meet. Paul did both. He lived on offerings and he distributed them. He called for support of the ministry and likewise support for those in need.

I see a decay in these truths. This time, I didn't give one verse to support what I have said. I've been giving them for nearly 20 years. At least 9 years on this board. But I am happy to say I can give scripture for everything I have said.

Yet, I don't feel there is like feeling amongst boards in general. I don't feel many see these things as important.

I know that many aren't following God's plan. Frankly, I am a bit sad about that, but not too sad... He said it would happen. But just because the masses aren't following the plan doesn't mean the plan is wrong! It's still the way God wanted it done!

So, there's my delemna. Does anyone actually agree with these points I believe are important? They aren't all the things that need to be addressed, but it's a good start.

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Hello all:

I am at a crossroads on how I feel about Christian forums and if I want to participate any longer. I am starting to feel I don't belong on them. My views and values are just too different. I've already quit one forum. Maybe perminantly, maybe not. I will try to be brief, and maybe you can see my frustrations. Here is what I believe:

1. I believe in Jesus Christ. I believe in the person, but also the things he said and did, and I believe in following his teachings, commandments and his ordinances.
2. I believe the Bible is his word. Jesus was the Word made flesh, but I believe the Written Word. Without the Bible, we don't know what Jesus said, did or ordained. It befuddles me how anyone could both attack it and support it at the same time.

I also don't understand how people don't consider everything that was written but would rather drill just one verse without considering the whole scripture.

3. I believe that Christians should go to Church. Yea, I said it! By that, I mean the should gather their physical bodies in one physical place. I also believe there should be order of some sort... In other words, it ain't a pot luck dinner!

4. I believe Churches should have a government structure. Yes, I said that too! It is dangerous, as Paul warned, but it is ordained by God. By no means do I mean it should be the monstrosity it's become. But the Bible does give guidelines... And they don't mean social gatherings where people eat hors de vors and children play with toys provided for them.... Or listen to teaching... Whatever they want to do...

That's a pot lock dinner... And it's stupid and unbiblical to the point that Paul said don't do it. Jesus said not to share children away...

[Sidenote: This is the point where some will chime in and say, "Well the people are the Church, not the building!". Duh? Tell me something I don't know, and when did I ever say anything about a building? I said the people assemble for "Church"]

5. I believe Christians should be givers. Not to the poor and needy, but directly for the teaching! If you have been taught... Give! Support those who teach his Word. A true Man of God will turn around and see that his congregation can make ends meet. Paul did both. He lived on offerings and he distributed them. He called for support of the ministry and likewise support for those in need.

I see a decay in these truths. This time, I didn't give one verse to support what I have said. I've been giving them for nearly 20 years. At least 9 years on this board. But I am happy to say I can give scripture for everything I have said.

Yet, I don't feel there is like feeling amongst boards in general. I don't feel many see these things as important.

I know that many aren't following God's plan. Frankly, I am a bit sad about that, but not too sad... He said it would happen. But just because the masses aren't following the plan doesn't mean the plan is wrong! It's still the way God wanted it done!

So, there's my delemna. Does anyone actually agree with these points I believe are important? They aren't all the things that need to be addressed, but it's a good start.

Not many people seem to agree with point no. 5. But I do believe it's important to give to the poor and as well also to those who preach the Word of God.

I better get back to work though, not getting much done today, talk about the rest maybe another time. :D

Reactions: Stan B and Helen

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello all:

I do @FHII , agree I mean. Though I do believe somebody can out grow a "Church". I go for fellowship and worship more so than the teachings. The only problem I find in a larger Church, is that as soon as the service is over, the place clears out pretty quick! Makes it hard to get to know many there. We do have small groups, and I love mine but, still just a small group, an hour a week and nothing in between.
I hope you do not leave as you are one of the nicer ones on here but, I understand if you are feeling led to do so. I too do not really feel as though I "belong" here sometimes, but I have grown close to a few on here.
God Bless you in your choice.

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
100%.

I do limit my particaption on threads that try to focus on discussion of points like these. I try to avoid politics and/or bashing threads.

Reactions: amadeus and Nancy

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Christians are the Church.

I think you might have missed this part of FHII's post:
"[Sidenote: This is the point where some will chime in and say, "Well the people are the Church, not the building!". Duh? Tell me something I don't know, and when did I ever say anything about a building? I said the people assemble for "Church"]"

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think you might have missed this part of FHII's post:
"[Sidenote: This is the point where some will chime in and say, "Well the people are the Church, not the building!". Duh? Tell me something I don't know, and when did I ever say anything about a building? I said the people assemble for "Church"]"
Thanks, but some folks don't realize that Christians are the Church.

Reactions: Stan B and Nancy

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Does anyone actually agree with these points I believe are important?
I agree with all your points. But just because no one agrees with one's position should never be a deterrent to continue speaking the truth in love. There are many here who agree with me and several who do not. I believe what I believe to be true and I always ensure that there is biblical support for everything.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Hello all:

These things all have a place yet if the lesser light eclipses the greater light a distortion has been embarked on and truth takes a back seat.

Distinguishing the greater light from the lesser light......not swallowing camels while straining out gnats.......
not neglecting the weightier matters......these are things that can not be legislated. In this sense every man is an island because identifying the major and the minor in truth is personal. When major and minor are confused or misunderstood all manner of mischief is born.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I agree with all your points. But just because no one agrees with one's position should never be a deterrent to continue speaking the truth in love. There are many here who agree with me and several who do not. I believe what I believe to be true and I always ensure that there is biblical support for everything.
Can you imagine how many people would be in heaven if people agreed with Christ, there wouldnt be many at all.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i think we can outgrow message boards.

I think you are correct Ron. I feel much change on the horizon...new beginnings. I know you have changes coming down the road, and I also have things happening that are kind of throwing my routines off balance. Don't want to see FH leave, more imbalance :D
@FHII , maybe you just need a break from here?

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I do @FHII , agree I mean. Though I do believe somebody can out grow a "Church". I go for fellowship and worship more so than the teachings. The only problem I find in a larger Church, is that as soon as the service is over, the place clears out pretty quick! Makes it hard to get to know many there. We do have small groups, and I love mine but, still just a small group, an hour a week and nothing in between.
I hope you do not leave as you are one of the nicer ones on here but, I understand if you are feeling led to do so. I too do not really feel as though I "belong" here sometimes, but I have grown close to a few on here.
God Bless you in your choice.

I definitely agree with what you say about the larger churches.

Reactions: Nancy

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Hello all:

Christianity would be awesome if only everyone listened to you eh
ok

i could blow every one of those away with Scripture too, pilgrim, fwiw
which i guess makes it um appear as if i didnt agree with you up there, generally speaking, but that is never my point btw. Ok heil baby, and have a nice day

Reactions: Helen

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
i cant think of a single belief that you have evinced believing since you came here, pEnoch, could you name one for us? ty

"beliefs" are subject to change right. Speaking the truth in love contains a little puzzle i guess, a kind of tic joke sort of. Who "speaks the truth?" Someone who says that they know, after all, yeh? And Word is Truth, im sure everyone would agree, but see when you mention that the Bible cannot possibly be the Book of Truth, as That is referenced in the Bible right, then everyone gets real quiet, like you were about to do i guess :)

Anyway if you would just state a Biblical Truth that you have ensured there is Biblical Support for, ty. Something you "believe," anything, doesnt matter

Last edited:

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I definitely agree with what you say about the larger churches.

Hi Josho,
It's hard either way I think...unless one "fits in" a small Church, they will be very lonely...happened to me. Now I'm in a much bigger Church, split in 4 locations but...with 5000 people attending in toto...still a slew of people one will never know. Wish I could find a house Church with a small enough gathering that we could all have our time to talk, not just one single person doing it...that is no different than listening to the same pastor week in and week out. I'm glad we have 6 Pastors as we get different styles and subjects each week. But...I think it is still a pretty much watered down Gospel as, there are things we never, ever hear taught on in the Church.
God Bless,
Nancy

Reactions: pompadour and Josho

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Hello all:

Agree totally. Without apology, shame, embarrassment or caveat. And that there are Christians who believe they can live the Christian Life without any on those things is all too obvious when you dare to buck the trend by promoting them. Just watch.

Reactions: Nancy

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Agree totally. Without apology, shame, embarrassment or caveat.
all three are in agreement with you, huh? Bet i could have you contradicting yourself in about three posts lol, how much

And that there are Christians who believe they can live the Christian Life without any on those things is all too obvious when you dare to buck the trend by promoting them. Just watch.
could you rephrase this, bc the "them" is not real clear, "them" is the platitudes in the op i guess? ty