At A Crossroad...

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
That Scripture:
Matt 7: 23
[22] Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
[23] And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

IMO-
Is about, unbelievers "USING" the Power of Lords Name, and then taking credit for the Lords Work.

IOW-
Believe "ME"...this or that WILL Happen.
No.
Believe "Christ Jesus", His Word IS TRUE.
What Jesus said will happen, will happen.

Glory to God,
Taken
There are plenty of "believers" who are not doing teh wll of God.

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There are plenty of "believers" who are willing to kill people. They have no clue what the NT says.

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why leave something you are getting spiritual value out of....
That's a good question and one of the things I'm wrestling with. What I am getting out of this is twofold: 1. Others do occasionally make some good points and things I haven't considered; 2. When someone puts forth a false or faulty theory or concept, I dig through the Bible and use what I find to show it's errors. That indeed makes me grow, as it would anyone.

As I stated before, the problem is when the scriptures I give aren't considered at all and are (by some) not even recognized as God ordained. Yes, it's spiritually benefitting to constantly seek out God's word, but it's also casting pearls before swine, as the metaphor says.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's a good question and one of the things I'm wrestling with. What I am getting out of this is twofold: 1. Others do occasionally make some good points and things I haven't considered; 2. When someone puts forth a false or faulty theory or concept, I dig through the Bible and use what I find to show it's errors. That indeed makes me grow, as it would anyone.

As I stated before, the problem is when the scriptures I give aren't considered at all and are (by some) not even recognized as God ordained. Yes, it's spiritually benefitting to constantly seek out God's word, but it's also casting pearls before swine, as the metaphor says.
I can understand why it is a struggle.

Point #1 is good for your spiritual growth.

Point #2 is also good for your spiritual growth. It encourages you to research or refresh what you have learned from scripture. The tough part about point #2 is how do we KNOW that our theory is not false? Truly, truly a dilemma.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i could blow every one of those away with Scripture too....
Please do blow every one of those away with Scripture.

Would Christianity be awesome if everyone listened only to you?

Reactions: Nancy

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Hey Clint :D
All I can think of right now is the wheat and the ta'res parable. Weather in a wood or mortar building, God allows both to grow together...and He will separate the two in His time. I see it as the same for the message boards.
This site has given me more fellowship than my Church-> (which, I love!). my spirit connects with many on here, including our beloved Willie T. Like I said before...maybe you need a break? Maybe it is time to get alone with God as we all should. Just, please don't stay away too long :)

Reactions: amadeus

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
ha and im one of them i guess :)
Please do blow every one of those away with Scripture.

Would Christianity be awesome if everyone listened only to you?
i dont mean that they would become untrue in their way mary, but that there are other valid perspectives too. I have no objections to what a person "believes," never have. So rather than me just upsetting everyone with Scriptures they dont like, you go find them maybe.

Last edited:

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I have a bit of a different view...
On an Open Forum;
I state what I believe.
I know what I have studied, and for how long, and what conversations I have had with the Lord regarding any particular topic.

I can Reveal scripture to buttress my belief, but I can not Understand it for another.
I have said numerous times, to others...
Seek God, for "His" Understanding.

As far as casting pearls before swine...
I have also said several times:
My post may be seemingly "to" a specific person, but it is "aimed" at those "standing by," that the post may spark their own interest to go and read and study.

That is a concept I learned from Jesus.

John 42:
[42] And I knew that thou hearest me always: but because of the people which stand by I said it, that they may believe that thou hast sent me.

On an open forum, I know not who is "standing by", to "consider" what things Jesus's has said, that I trust, Believe and repeat.

Glory to God,
Taken

Reactions: Helen

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ha and im one of them i guess :)
i dont mean that they would become untrue in their way mary, but that there are other valid perspectives too. I have no objections to what a person "believes," never have. So rather than me just upsetting everyone with Scriptures they dont like, you go find them maybe.
Soooooo still no Scripture to “blow” us away????

Fascinating....

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I suggest putting some people on ignore. Some people seem to enjoy wasting other people's time or trying to upset others. If the Bible is clear about something and people don't accept it, let it go. You can't force them to deal with it. Your time is valuable. You can spend it better conversing with other people.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
well mog you are a scoffer and your conscience is obv seared so i wouldnt even bother in your case, no offense.
but if you ask someone else to ask me i will ok
and STILL no Scripture to blow us away.....

historyb

Mar 10, 2011
in a house
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am of the notion that anyone can quote Scripture to support their ideas so when I hear people should respect Scripture to me it means that people want others to accept their ideas without being challenged. That is the problem here, there is no authority but oneself and of course the next thing that is said "The Holy Spirit told me" or something very similar so what we get is that the Holy Spirit told everyone something different. Look around 30,000 plus denominations and each one will say the Holy Spirit told them to start their denomination and there are those who felt told not to attend a Church.

So I can not respect when someone just post Scripture and says "this is what i means!", I do respect when someone does some leg work and finds out what the Fathers thought about a certain passage and than shares that. I place myself under an Apostolic Traditional Church precisely because I am not qualified to assume I absolutely know what Scriptures are trying to say but the Church has been around two thousand years and should know. Can they make mistakes? Yes but there are saints and Fathers that can correct and the single most thing that acts as a correction and so we know the truth is the Nicene Creed.

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I place myself under an Apostolic Traditional Church precisely because I am not qualified to assume I absolutely know what Scriptures are trying to say but the Church has been around two thousand years and should know.
I suggest you start attending the Catholic Church if you want that tradition. Who accepts your church as being valid? The Catholic Church certainly doesn't it. Its so called Apostolic succession goes through a schismatic and excommunicated cleric.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
If the Bible is clear about something and people don't accept it, let it go. You can't force them to deal with it. Your time is valuable. You can spend it better conversing with other people.
@Giuliano It's the Holy Spirit, if at all, Who gives light and understanding of what God's Word really teaches; it's futile for us somehow to rely on the idea of supposedly winning arguments.

2 Chr. 34:19

Jun 20, 2020
Chester ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
3. I believe that Christians should go to Church. Yea, I said it! By that, I mean the should gather their physical bodies in one physical place. I also believe there should be order of some sort... In other words, it ain't a pot luck dinner!
Churches I’ve been a member of:
1. catholic-lovely priest, false doctrine.
2. Evangelical-false teacher.
3. Methodist-women teachers.
4. C of E pagan preacher.
done-too old