At what age are we to condemn people of other religions to hell?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your verse was given before Jesus died on the Cross, so, its not for the born again.

“All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness…” (2 Timothy 3:16)

And scripture post resurrection support the parable: like the one you ignored by way of misinterpretation:

“For if God spared not the natural branches, take heed lest he also spare not thee.” (Romans 11:21)

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Could the writers have had an incorrect perspective on God's character? I think that's a highly likely possibility.
Job had some false ideas about God, so don't trust Genesis to be true?

Once again I realize that you don't believe the Bible in the same way that I do.

Much love!

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So then whoever is born in another religion and/or who obeys their parents is doomed to hell? Do tell?
The bible is clear about who we are as humans.

Ephesians 2

King James Version

2 And you hath he quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins;
2 Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience:
3 Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others.

John 3:3

King James Version

3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

Ephesians 2:12

King James Version

12 That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world:

Romans 10:9-15

King James Version

9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
11 For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.
12 For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him.
13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.
14 How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher?
15 And how shall they preach, except they be sent? as it is written, How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things!

You cannot worship Allah, Buddha, or any other demon and get to heaven. they all worship demons and not God.

If God chooses to save infants who were conceived in sin and born in iniquity, God di not reveal it in His word so it is none of our business.

but what is our business- is that no human can see the kingdom of God unless they are born again!

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Isn't 'us' separated from God quite different to God separated from us? I guess that begs the question what is wrath, in particular, God's wrath?
Do you think the scripture might explain it?
It is not either/or but both/and.

Gods Wrath as declared in the Scriptures is what many call the 7 year tribulation

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The bible is clear about who we are as humans.

Ephesians 2​

King James Version​

2 And you hath he quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins;
2 Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience:
3 Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others.

John 3:3​

King James Version​

3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

Ephesians 2:12​

King James Version​

12 That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world:

Romans 10:9-15​

King James Version​

9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
11 For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.
12 For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him.
13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.
14 How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher?
15 And how shall they preach, except they be sent? as it is written, How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things!

You cannot worship Allah, Buddha, or any other demon and get to heaven. they all worship demons and not God.

If God chooses to save infants who were conceived in sin and born in iniquity, God di not reveal it in His word so it is none of our business.

but what is our business- is that no human can see the kingdom of God unless they are born again!
You clearly do not understand Islam. According to the Qur'an (Q4:163; 5:69; 22:34; 29:46), Muslims worship the same divine being that Jews and Christians worship.

Allah and Buddha were people, not demons.

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
St. SteVen said:
Explain why a rainbow had never been seen prior.
Because God didn’t create it yet.
So, you believe God is capable of creating a rainbow, but not capable of creating rain?
When did the change occur from the earth being watered by mist coming up from the ground?

Genesis 2:6 KJV
But there went up a mist from the earth, and watered the whole face of the ground.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
It is not either/or but both/and.

Gods Wrath as declared in the Scriptures is what many call the 7 year tribulation
Firstly, what 'many' call anything is not authoritative and secondly, the 7 year tribulation is a misplaced interpretation of the many

My question pertains to a direct explanation from the scripture of the term 'God's wrath' I am not asking if God's wrath is man's wrath which man superimposes on God.

Last edited:

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Job had some false ideas about God, so don't trust Genesis to be true?

Once again I realize that you don't believe the Bible in the same way that I do.

Much love!
The crusaders believed the bible and went out slaughtering wholesale.....I guess they didn't believe it the way I do.

Reactions: Waiting on him

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When did the change occur from the earth being watered by mist coming up from the ground?

“The secret things belong unto the LORD our God…” (Deuteronomy 29:29)

So, you believe God is capable of creating a rainbow, but not capable of creating rain?

I don’t understand.

I never said that God was incapable of creating rain.

I rebuked your assertion that rain had never been seen before the flood.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You clearly do not understand Islam. According to the Qur'an (Q4:163; 5:69; 22:34; 29:46), Muslims worship the same divine being that Jews and Christians worship.

Allah and Buddha were people, not demons.
No they do not worship the same God. If they did, they would recognize Jesus is god the son and Allah is not physically risen to heavern and the Quran is not Gods Book.

But when you worship them as alive it is demons masquerading-according to Gods word.

Reactions: Keturah

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Firstly, what 'many' call anything is not authoritative and secondly, the 7 year tribulation is a misplaced interpretation of the many

My question pertains to a direct explanation from the scripture of the term 'God's wrath' I am not asking if God's wrath is man's wrath which man superimposes on God.
Gods wrath as described in teh bible is the 7 year tribulation- Rev. 6

Also the only other thing described as Gods wrath is his anger that dwells on unbelievers, JOhn 3.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Gods wrath as described in teh bible is the 7 year tribulation- Rev. 6

Also the only other thing described as Gods wrath is his anger that dwells on unbelievers, JOhn 3.
Sorry Ronald, you haven't heard the question.