At what age are we to condemn people of other religions to hell?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Amen they deny imputed righteousness and seek to establish their own.

They think they walk the walk. It’s why they tear down people who respect at their self righteous gospel

Absolutely..

Paul said that the Jews have this exact issue, that the self righteous non jew has....
Its that they are "trying to establish their own righteousness, because they are IGNORANT of GOD's Righteousness"..
That's the root of : LEGALISM

Romans 10:3

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Amen! Jesus clearly said, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me. (John 14:6) In John 10:9, Jesus also clearly said, "I am the door. If anyone enters by Me, he will be saved, and will go in and out and find pasture." In Acts 4:12, we read - Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved. Praise the Lord!
Everybody plays the John 14:6 in this sort of discussion. And yet, in the Sheep-and-Goat Judgement, who is it that is doing the judging?

31 “But when the Son of Man comes in His glory, and all the angels with Him, then He will sit on His glorious throne. 32 And all the nations will be gathered before Him; and He will separate them from one another, just as the shepherd separates the sheep from the goats; 33 and He will put the sheep on His right, but the goats on the left.

Who is this "Son of Man" doing the judging?

That's right. This is Jesus Himself. Nobody gets in without Jesus's say-so.

Jesus is Lord. On what basis does the Lord Jesus Christ say here that He will judge the nations?

I know. It doesn't fit in the Systematic Theology suitcase.

Reactions: Episkopos

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Everybody plays the John 14:6 in this sort of discussion. And yet, in the Sheep-and-Goat Judgement, who is it that is doing the judging?

The born again wont be judged in Heaven for sin, as Jesus has already died for their sin on Earth.

Why don't you know this, Lambano?

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The born again wont be judged in Heaven for sin, as Jesus has already died for their sin on Earth.

“…you stand by faith. Do not be high-minded, but fear. For if God did not spare the natural branches, fear lest He also may not spare you either! Behold then the kindness, and the severity of God; on those having fallen, severity; but on you, kindness, if you continue in the kindness. Otherwise you also will be cut off.” (Romans 11:20-22)

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
“…you stand by faith.

In the case of the Born again, we stand by SALVATION< having received "the gift of Salvation" And "the Gift of Righteousness".

BORN AGAIN : is our "Eternal status", as a "Son/Daughter of GOD". "made righteous".... "in Christ".

Philippians 1:6 is WHO keeps us "standing".

Hebrews 12:2 is WHO finishes our "faith".

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In the case of the Born again, we stand by SALVATION

You cannot bypass faith.

You stand by faith!

The Apostle Paul said so!

“…be not faithless, but believing.” (John 20:27)

so:

“…you stand by faith. Do not be high-minded, but fear.” (Romans 11:20)

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
You cannot bypass faith.

IF faith died on the Cross for your sin, then continue to teach that Faith saves you.

But if God saved you through your faith, one time, as proven by being Born again, then go back to 500 of your posts that denied this, and edit them so that they give Jesus credit for your salvation, vs teaching that Faith saves you and keeps you saved.

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Why don't you know this, Lambano?
Oh, we WILL be held accountable for the moral choices we make in this life; you can count on that. Plenty of verses about that, starting with Romans 2:6. There is always accountability; why don't you know this, Behold?

It doesn't mean Father will kick His children out of the house, which seems to be everybody's obsessive fear. But it does mean the children are responsible for their actions, as in any healthy household. I can only speculate in what form that will take.

But it's not Jesus's brothers and sisters who are being judged in this parable.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Oh, we WILL be held accountable for the moral choices

The Born again have "passed from death to life".

"death" in this verse is symbolic of facing eternal judgement for being an unbeliever.
See, the non-Christian thinks'...>"if my good works in life are more then my bad works....if ive done more good then bad, then when i die, God will use His Heavenly calculator and let me stay with Him".

That's how an unbeliever thinks.

Here is how God thinks.......

= "What did you do with my SON, while you were BREATHING".
= "What did you do with the CROSS OF CHRIST while you were breathing"...

And wearing one around your neck, is not the answer that God is going to accept.

That's what you have to deal with before you die, and if you dont deal with it, then you did deal with it, .. you died "unforgiven".

John 3:36

John 8: 24

The forgiven, meet God as FATHER after they die.
The un-forgiven (Christ rejector, unbeliever. Atheist ) ALL meet God as ETERNAL JUDGE after you die.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
“…be not faithless, but believing.” (John 20:27)

:hmhehm

If you are born again, You belong to God.

If you are born again and are trusting in Faith to stay saved, then you have no Faith in Christ to keep you saved, which proves your faith is Broken.
People with Broken Faith, come to forums and rant about sin, losing salvation and trusting in Faith.

That's how you know what you are dealing with, Michiah-Imla.

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you are born again and are trusting in Faith to stay saved, then you have no Faith in Christ to keep you saved

I’m beginning to understand why you are so confused…

It’s the extreme and Inordinate interpretation rules you’ve placed yourself under.

It’s time for you to do a mental reboot…

“Let no man deceive himself. If any man among you seemeth to be wise in this world, let him become a fool, that he may be wise.” (1 Corinthians 3:18)

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
I’m beginning to understand why you are so confused…

The Cross of Christ is the Blood Atonement as the "new covenant", that is "The Gift of Salvation" and "The Gift of Righteousness".

When you understand that, you'll understand Paul's Doctrine, and then you'll understand my Threads and Posts.

Its really that simple, Michiah-Imla.

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Cross of Christ is the Blood Atonement as the "new covenant", that is "The Gift of Salvation" and "The Gift of Righteousness".

Of course!

When you understand that, you'll understand Paul's Doctrine

How come it is YOU that doesn’t understand Paul’s doctrine?

PAUL TOLD YOU:

“…you stand by faith. Do not be high-minded, but fear. For if God did not spare the natural branches, fear lest He also may not spare you either! Behold then the kindness, and the severity of God; on those having fallen, severity; but on you, kindness, if you continue in the kindness. Otherwise you also will be cut off.” (Romans 11:20-22)

Whatever pet verses you love to isolate from this scripture, they are only valid as long as you obey this scripture.

Simple!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The story of Noah ie, his boat, his warnings and the flood are types which mirror end time events.

Salvation is for all men but who will go into the Ark? Is Salvation restricted because there's not enough room?
From memory it was calculated 475 cars would fit on one deck on Noah's floating zoo and there were three decks. I guess it could have accommodated a few more than eight people.

...incidentally, was God really into drowning everything? I know he is blamed for it but if we parallel that society with today's and the nuclear stockpiles and capabilities of the Nations, who would destroy the planet? God or its inhabitants? Is it possible that the high intelligence of the people in Noah's age fiddled with the climate just as they fiddled with the genetics of the animals creating monsters.....which by the way, none of which entered the Ark?

....and have you wondered why in OT writings everything that occurs on the planet is God's doing....both good and bad?
Could the writers have had an incorrect perspective on God's character? I think that's a highly likely possibility. Job was convinced it was God giving him a hard time; he had no idea there was another player behind the scenes and his conclusions were misplaced. In like manner Jews incorrectly thought their privileged position was to subdue the Nations by force. It took Jesus to give us enlightenment on both these matters.

Will we now go back and use the faulty perspective of these well meaning OT writers when we have a far greater light to inform us about the character of God?
You are merely making an argument from silence.

Much love!

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Of coursHow come it is YOU that doesn’t understand Paul’s doctrine?

PAUL TOLD YOU:

Your verse is not saying that God will cut off the GENTILES., as the symbolic verse is talking to the wild "branches", that were grafted in.

This is not Paul talking to you or me, doctrinally.

And the STANDING is not based on FAITH....

Its based on This.....vs 5

"""""" So too at the present time there is a remnant, chosen by GRACE""""

"Grace" is "Grace through Faith".

Not, Faith is Salvation.

Its Grace that is the Mercy of God that is extended from the Cross, through our Faith.
Once we have it...... this Grace that is "the Gift of Salvation, ......then we Have it.
What proves we have it?

= BORN AGAIN

WE are not born again "branches" we are a born again SON/Daughter of God.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel

And ive seen it happen to quite a few forum members and mods and others.
Thats a fact.

"God is not mocked" and nothing mocks God more than to teach Cross denying "self saving" Legalism, in Public.
Its better to be an Atheist, on earth, then to be a confessed Christian, who teaches that a born again Christian can go to Hell.

How do you do that?
One way is to teach that you keep yourself saved by water, faith, works, and enduring..

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
nothing mocks God more than to teach Cross denying "self saving" Legalism, in Public.

More than this?

“Do not be deceived, God is not mocked. For whatever a man sows, that he also will reap. For he sowing to his flesh will reap corruption from the flesh. But he sowing to the Spirit will reap life everlasting from the Spirit.” (Galatians 6:7-8)

Its better to be an Atheist, on earth, then to be a confessed Christian, who teaches that a born again Christian can go to Hell.

Who taught this?

“But and if that servant say in his heart, My lord delayeth his coming; and shall begin to beat the menservants and maidens, and to eat and drink, and to be drunken; The lord of that servant will come in a day when he looketh not for him, and at an hour when he is not aware, and will cut him in sunder, and will appoint him his portion with the unbelievers.” (Luke 12:45-46)

My comments aren’t even needed. The scriptures alone expose your errors.