Atheism and Christianity

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I disagree with that (Not that I want to hear you go on shouting and shouting any more) AND the entire passage BEGINS with this: You, therefore, have no excuse, you who pass judgment on someone else, for at whatever point you judge another, you are condemning yourself, because you who pass judgment do the same things. 2 Now we know that God’s judgment against those who do such things is based on truth. 3 So when you, a mere human being, pass judgment on them and yet do the same things, do you think you will escape God’s judgment?

When read along WITH the end of the previous passage, it’s pretty clear who Paul is saying not to judge.
Paul is encouraging more humility than the church is even capable of, given the bad doctrines.
Its simple if we see what the new covenant that GOD established in Christ truly is .
I will WRITE my laws upon their hearts and in their minds .
And two . IT aint judging to tell folks that those who deny Christ wont be saved .
They going to the lake of fire if they follow budda , muhammed or any other false religoin .
To deny JESUS is to DENY GOD . to deny the testimony that GOD gave of Christ IS to deny GOD .
no man BY THE SPIRIT would deny JESUS , call him accursed , but the false religoins and atheists DO just that .
ENOUGH with the false love of this world , the lie that has kept folks in bondage to sin and a lie .
TIME to preach JESUS and if folks wont do that , then step aside cause i SURE WILL .

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Be careful. At least consider all our Lord and the apostles say about being judged exactly as you have judged and not judging unbelievers.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Be careful. At least consider all our Lord and the apostles say about being judged exactly as you have judged and not judging unbelievers.
Tell that to paul when he told the jews who did not beleive in JESUS , SINCE YOU COUNT youselves unworthy of EVERLASTING , ETERNAL LIFE . Paul wasnt evil and wrong . You folks have been buying into this other love version of GOD and its false . BIG Time .
too many folks are hugging folks right to hell , and thinking they are so loving and non judgmental .
ALL the while they go after the few who would warn and remind that we MUST BELIEVE IN JESUS . You on the wrong side
so is this other fellow you seem so glued too . I love the both of you , so i come toremind us
of the one and only , the original life saving and life changing gospel of JESUS .

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are saying God only makes a place for perfect men?
God only makes place for faithful men.... Again, read the verse I gave you.... by definition, an atheist does not believe that God exists. Therefore he has zero faith. An agnostic does not know whether or not God exists, therefore he has no faith to the point of confessing that God is.

Eventually, every tongue will confess that Jesus Christ is the LORD but by then it will be too late to receive the reward of those who diligently sought him by faith.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Its obvious some folks here are already headed down that false road .
As for me i am gonna point to JESUS ALONE . as for eternal life , ITS FOUND ONLY IN JESUS CHRIST .
too many folks are headed down this other false road that leadeth to the second death
For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.

• Love
Reactions: amigo de christo

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God only makes place for faithful men.... Again, read the verse I gave you.... by definition, an atheist does not believe that God exists. Therefore he has zero faith. An agnostic does not know whether or not God exists, therefore he has no faith to the point of confessing that God is.

Eventually, every tongue will confess that Jesus Christ is the LORD but by then it will be too late to receive the reward of those who diligently sought him by faith.
I don’t know if something has happened to you or if I just misunderstood you when you seemed to understand the parables against the leaven of men.

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don’t know if something has happened to you or if I just misunderstood you when you seemed to understand the parables against the leaven of men.
This why trolls do what they do. I am just showing you the truth of the Word of God....But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

Point being if you do not believe that "God is" you will not diligently seek him. the question is a logical fallacy.... there is no such thing as an atheist who obeys the commandments of God .... Period. Because if you break one commandment you have broken them all. What you are mixing up is self righteousness and holiness. Self righteousness is man trying to please God... can't be done for we are condemned already.... holiness is God working in man to make them acceptable to be in His presence. We are His workmanship. NOTHING i do will make me holy, it is what God does in me that makes me holy by submitting to his work in me. This is why most holiness movements fail because they move from internal transformation to external obedience.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.
We cant use this to exclude the truth that everyone who denies HIM will be damned .
The lake of fire is real and its a far worse place and torment than this world could ever give .
JESUS spoke of this
as does revelation . So you cant use that line to make void the truth that those who did deny HIM
wont be damned to such a place . there are also greater damnations that await as well .
IF we use this line to make void that those who reject HIM wont be damned then we make HIM out to be a liar
and the truth is not in us . WE need to learn to rightly divide the word .
There is a lake of fire and it is a horrendous place and it awaits those who denied Christ .
You , therefore cannot use this line to try and make void the truth that such a place also awaits
those who did deny HIM . Look at how many times JESUS warned
about those who would not repent to believe on HIM . HE said it will be worse for YOU on the day of judgment
than for even sodom and gomorrah .
Whatever destruction and punishemnts await those who denied him in the lake of fire , IS NOTHING ANYONE wants to find out .
THUS preach YE MUST BELEIVE IN JESUS TO BE SAVED . cause EVEN JESUS said those who beleive will be saved
but those who do not will be damned .
HE warned of a place that no one wants to visit . a place that is far worse than the torments and death
that a man can give to us . WHEN he warned his own to not fear man who can merely kill the body
but to fear GOD who can destroy both body and SOUL in HELL FIRE .
That place is real and it awaits those who denied CHRIST . There are many places JESUS warns
as well as did the apostels . YOu cant use one line to make void all the other places .

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What you are mixing up is self righteousness and holiness. Self righteousness is man trying to please God
Actually, self righteousness is thinking (and pronouncing) yourself rich and as righteous as Jesus while condemning those God doesn’t want to be sad and grinding their faces into the dirt. But you won’t be able to see the verses and parables that explain this because of your indoctrination.

Last edited:

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you said you could see you would have no sin, but since you say you can’t see, your sin remains.
True or false?

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you said you could see you would have no sin, but since you say you can’t see, your sin remains.
True or false?
Since YE say ye see , and yet they did not TRULY SEE , therefore their sin remains . they thought they could see
and yet were denying Christ . true sight is given by GOD and Those eyes SEE as JESUS gives them light .

Adam

Nov 30, 2022
X
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
An atheist who keeps to the commandments of God, but doesn't believe in Christ. Can such person make heaven
I used to be agnostic, but I believed in the principles of Christianity because I saw how rotten our modern day society was and realized we needed a moral balance. I was honestly a pretty lousy person, but my faith grew and now I have no doubt in Christianity (though I am still a pretty lousy Christian at times, I like to think I'm better now than I was then).

I think following the Bible and praying is a good first step, even if you are unsure. The Kingdom of Heaven is like a tiny mustard seed that grew into a giant tree. Everyone starts small.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The lake of fire is real and its a far worse place and torment than this world could ever give .
Another bad doctrine. It’s real, for sure. But you have a fracture if you think the lake is eternal torment. You will holler loudly about Jesus being the only way to eternal life and in the next breath insist those who don’t know Him will live forever (if you believe in eternal torment). But that’s for a different thread. Just another example of how vague doctrines do harm.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Tell that to paul when he told the jews who did not beleive in JESUS , SINCE YOU COUNT youselves unworthy of EVERLASTING , ETERNAL LIFE . Paul wasnt evil and wrong . You folks have been buying into this other love version of GOD and its false . BIG Time .
too many folks are hugging folks right to hell , and thinking they are so loving and non judgmental .
ALL the while they go after the few who would warn and remind that we MUST BELIEVE IN JESUS . You on the wrong side
so is this other fellow you seem so glued too . I love the both of you , so i come toremind us
of the one and only , the original life saving and life changing gospel of JESUS .
Oh puh-lease! No one is going after you. You are “among those few” that everyone is going after. Riiight. :rolleyes: You have all of Protestantism behind you. No one is going after you in here. That only happens to men who tell the truth, not men who toe the company line.

Im not glued to the “other fellow.” And I would stand with anyone being gnashed at for telling the truth.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Even if you don’t agree with me on everything (or on anything!) just refuse to judge.
For with the judgment you pronounce you will be judged, and with the measure you use it will be measured to you. Judge not, and you will not be judged; condemn not, and you will not be condemned; forgive, and you will be forgiven. There is only one lawgiver and judge, he who is able to save and to destroy. But who are you to judge your neighbor? do not pronounce judgment before the time, before the Lord comes, who will bring to light the things now hidden in darkness and will disclose the purposes of the heart. For the Lord sees not as man sees: man looks on the outward appearance, but the Lord looks on the heart. Therefore you have no excuse, every one of you who judges. For in passing judgment on another you condemn yourself, because you, the judge, practice the very same things.

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But you won’t be able to see the verses and parables that explain this because of your indoctrination.

Another bad doctrine. It’s real, for sure.

You have all of Protestantism behind you. No one is going after you in here. That only happens to men who tell the truth, not men who toe the company line.

Therefore you have no excuse, every one of you who judges. For in passing judgment on another you condemn yourself, because you, the judge, practice the very same things.
It Is you, Stunned, who are judging right now, perhaps you don't see it. All I did was point you to a verse and you went off on "being indoctrinated" and my inability to see because I disagreed with your way of seeing??? Now your after Amigo?

This is how trolls operate, and you have fallen victim to it. You have two who have tried to correct you in a loving way, not to judge you. This has nothing to do with our indoctrination or Protestantism, but with the Word of God contradicting this troll post.... You have fallen victim to this trolls post and it has produced the fruit of divisiveness as it was intended to do.

I Pray you do not take this wrong and become offended.

Rockerduck

Nov 7, 2022
Marietta, Georgia.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Christians have the right to Judge.

I Corinthians 2:15-16 - But he who is spiritual judges all things, yet he himself is rightly judged by no one. For " who has known the mind of the Lord that he may instruct Him". But we have the mind of Christ.

The Holy Spirit gives us the clarity to see proper judgement. But the world doesn't understand this.

Galatians 2:20 - I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It Is you, Stunned, who are judging right now, perhaps you don't see it. All I did was point you to a verse and you went off on "being indoctrinated" and my inability to see because I disagreed with your way of seeing??? Now your after Amigo?
When I talk about judging, I mean by that, judging someone’s eternal fate. I have not done that. It’s what I’m trying to get others not to do so they keep themselves safe.
This is how trolls operate, and you have fallen victim to it. You have two who have tried to correct you in a loving way, not to judge you. This has nothing to do with our indoctrination or Protestantism, but with the Word of God contradicting this troll post.... You have fallen victim to this trolls post and it has produced the fruit of divisiveness as it was intended to do.
You do not know the op’s intent with that question. You could be right, but you could be wrong. He may be seeing that there’s something wrong with the gnarled mess of system of doctrines. You know, even UNbelievers can easily pick up on the hypocrisies of religious men. So if I will give someone the benefit of the doubt until such time as they show themselves to be a pot stirrer, you can just go on thinking it’s a bad thing I do. I haven’t fallen victim to anything. I just don’t think one’s motives should be questioned for asking a question that many men have asked and struggled with.
And don’t blame the man for our divisiveness. Thats the absolute wrong thing to do.
I Pray you do not take this wrong and become offended.

I’m not offended. I think if I keep repeating it someone might finally believe me. You aren’t even talking about self righteousness versus holiness (which is what we were discussing) and I’m not “going after” anyone. That’s literally not happening. I realize it’s the perception of at least two men in here now, but it’s a false perception.

Last edited:

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1. An atheist who follows the commandments and teachings of God.
2. A christian who professes to believe in God with their mouth, but does the opposite of God's commandments and teachings.

Of above options, which is closer to being a believer?
Neither . but i warn us all that God has always despised more than any thing , those who do cliam HIS NAME
and yet dont obey Him . Those who holler His name and yet embrace other false gods
Those who embrace His name and yet their heart is far from Him . Those shall receive , if they repent not , the greater damnation .