Atheism and Christianity

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
An atheist who keeps to the commandments of God, but doesn't believe in Christ. Can such person make heaven
Keeping the commandments or being a 'nice' person isn't enough, Jesus is the only way. So an atheist would need to repent of sin and unbelief and accept Jesus.

CadyandZoe

May 17, 2020
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
An atheist who keeps to the commandments of God, but doesn't believe in Christ. Can such person make heaven
Paul the Apostle implies that a person "without God" i.e. an atheist, is without hope. God is the source of life and he is able to restore life to those who have died. For this reason, anyone wishing to find life needs to seek life at its source.

Dropship

Jun 2, 2022
Plymouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

Not a chance because they're "flying blind"..:)
The Bible is a "flight instruction manual" and gives us instruments like these to safely fly through fog and night when we can't see the ground-

Flight-instruments.jpg

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe so.
There is a man in this forum, episkopos, who teaches about it and I think he is correct. He cannot often get to explaining it because everyone gets very upset and derails his threads because it tears down a lot of idols of fathers.

The dishonest manager who was commended, that parable shows it.
Also, when did we ever see You hungry and feed You shows it.
There are more verses that show it too.

God makes a place for the righteous and He also makes a place for the righteous through trust and He also makes a place for the holy, who will rule over the righteous.

Last edited:

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not a chance because they're "flying blind"..:)
The Bible is a "flight instruction manual" and gives us instruments like these to safely fly through fog and night when we can't see the ground-

View attachment 28173
When the unbelievers instinctively perform the requirements of the law, even though they were not given that law, they show the work of the law written in their hearts. And on the day when God will judge the secrets and secret thoughts of mankind, their conscience and their thoughts will either accuse or defend them.
Romans 2:15-16

Last edited:

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
To be righteous by keeping the commandments and the Jewish biblical laws means that you have to keep them all. Jesus came to make it simpler for us - just accept him. He himself says he is the only Way to the Father.

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
First of all, the first and great commandment is to love God with all our heart, mind, and soul (Matthew 22:34-40). so an atheist won't keep all the commandments of God.

As far as "making heaven," I think you'll find heaven is the absence of sin in our lives (Matthew 4:17).

Reactions: amadeus and Nancy

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To be righteous by keeping the commandments and the Jewish biblical laws means that you have to keep them all. Jesus came to make it simpler for us - just accept him. He himself says he is the only Way to the Father.
This requires an entire thread, but the old covenant of mercy did not require that a man never make a mistake/miss the mark/fail to love his neighbor as much as himself one time, or sometimes. Repentance IS a real thing.
This is shown with the kings, where it would say of some - and so and so did what was right in Gods eyes. Nevertheless, he did not tear down ALL the idols of his father. And it’s shown by the sacrifices.

We have a new covenant of power/grace but God is still merciful and He still will show mercy to whoever He wants to.

We run into problems and cause danger to our own selves when we don’t understand and then we judge from that lack of understanding.

Last edited:

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Reconciliation to God through Christ is the only way to heaven. But never doubt that God is working in their lives and then finally lifts the veil of blindness just before death. That happenned with both my parents. Of course there are the wicked atheists in whom you can't recognize any fruit in. But some professed Christians are worse and lying about their faith, don't really believe and therefore tares in the Church, more harmful. At least the atheists are honest about it.

My father was a professed atheist most of his life. He was a good responsible, loving Dad, hard worker,m and a gentleman. Do you can say he tried to keep some of the commandments. He taught us the Golden rule and that it was better to give than to receive. He was patient, good, kind, had self control, joyful, hopeful ... and a great sax player. You would think he was a Christian with all those values and fruit. He was brought up with Christian parents, had seven sisters who all believed. So what happened to him? Well when he was ten years old, his Dad got TB and they didn't have a cure at that time, so he was terminal. This 10 year old boy got on his knees and prayed to God to save his father. God said no. Since then, he lost his faith and was angry. Maybe it was always spite or anger against God? But he was on God's list to be saved, but not till a couple years before he died. Nevertheless, God guided him to be Christlike unbeknownst to him. How is this possible? We think this cannot happen until a person is saved. We say we are all going straight to Hell, unless we are saved. But God knows the ones who He chose and He has a plan, He is working in their lives. His plan doesn't start the day we were saved, it started long before that.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gospel Believer

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1.Why does he obey God's Commandments?
2. He would fit in well with the Orthodox Jews, and all other religions around the world who believe in God or a God but deny Jesus as the Son of God or Saviour to mankind.
3. Pray that his eyes be opened to receive the truth about Jesus.
4. And finally, unless a man is born again of the Spirit of God through Jesus Christ, he shall in no way enter into the kingdom of heaven. Jesus said No man comes to the Father except by me....meaning He is the door everyone must enter through to become born again.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When the unbelievers instinctively perform the requirements of the law, even though they were not given that law, they show the work of the law written in their hearts. And on the day when God will judge the secrets and secret thoughts of mankind, their conscience and their thoughts will either accuse or defend them.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
All go to the same place
No one has ever gone up to heaven But He WHo came down from it, the son of man
The kingdom of heaven is within

but imo as to them "making" heaven; sure, why not?
Jesus clowned the religious of His day, and praised the atheist (Samaritan), and "God had hated" Esau, those you chose to pose your question to

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All go to the same place
No one has ever gone up to heaven But He WHo came down from it, the son of man
The kingdom of heaven is within

but imo as to them "making" heaven; sure, why not?
Jesus clowned the religious of His day, and praised the atheist (Samaritan), and "God had hated" Esau, those you chose to pose your question to
I did some research on that verse about God hating Esau...in the context of what Malachi was saying it means Jacob He loved (blessed and multiplied his blessings and chose him to be the lineage which Jesus would come from. He changed Jacob’s name to Israel). Esau He hated (rejected because he never truly understood the heart and mind of God and became bitter that Jacob received Abraham's inheritance instead of him...as was the custom the firstborn is the one who receives the inheritance.)
Quote from GotQuestions:
the prophet Malachi and the apostle Paul are using the name “Esau” to refer to the Edomites, who were the descendants of Esau. Isaac and Rebekah had two sons, Esau and Jacob. God chose Jacob (whom He later renamed “Israel”) to be the father of His chosen people, the Israelites. God rejected Esau (who was also called “Edom”) and did not choose him to be the father of His chosen people. Esau and his descendants, the Edomites, were in many ways blessed by God (Genesis 33:9; Genesis chapter 36).

So, considering the context, God loving Jacob and hating Esau has nothing to do with the human emotions of love and hate. It has everything to do with God choosing one man and his descendants and rejecting another man and his descendants. God chose Abraham out of all the men in the world. The Bible very well could say, “Abraham I loved, and every other man I hated.” God chose Abraham’s son Isaac instead of Abraham’s son Ishmael. The Bible very well could say, “Isaac I loved, and Ishmael I hated.” Romans chapter 9 makes it abundantly clear that loving Jacob and hating Esau was entirely related to which of them God chose.

ShineTheLight

May 7, 2021
Beaverton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

An atheist who keeps God's commandments but doesn't believe in Jesus Christ? I don't know how such thing is possible. Atheists won't care about things of God unless/until they're fed with knowledge to bring unto the light of Jesus Christ.

You need to receive the Holy Spirit. To be born again and have a new man in you.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No , because he is not keeping the commandment of GOD . He does not believe the testimony that GOD gave of THE SON .
Thus he already disobeys GOD . that should be simple enough .
As john once wrote he makes GOD out to be a liar . Truth aint in them . Not to mention
there is none that is righteous .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
if we read on we see this means those who are born again . It shows the law WRITTEN on their hearts .
Not even cornelious was saved by all his good works .
He was a gentile , he prayed daily to GOD , he gave much alms to the people , the poor
But even HE had to hear the gospel in order to be saved . I pray to GOD that folks would stop
giving out false hope that somehow folks are saved without faith in Christ . Well it ends on my watch .
Point to JESUS . let us not give any false hope and false comfort to the lost . POINT to CHRIST .

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not giving any false hope to anyone here. What I’m trying to do is warn against judging unbelievers.
im not even so worried any more about lives lived in a low grade and near constant depression or about being held back from all God has for us right now. The doctrines just won’t be given up. NOW, I’m just shooting for at least keeping yourself safe.

Last edited:
Reactions: amigo de christo

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
2. He would fit in well with the Orthodox Jews, and all other religions around the world who believe in God or a God but deny Jesus as the Son of God or Saviour to mankind.
3. Pray that his eyes be opened to receive the truth about Jesus.
4. And finally, unless a man is born again of the Spirit of God through Jesus Christ, he shall in no way enter into the kingdom of heaven. Jesus said No man comes to the Father except by me....meaning He is the door everyone must enter through to become born again.
As usual the BIBLE has the answers .
SO let us examine a gentile man who once did many , many wonderful and good works .
He did many prayers daily TO GOD . HE gave much to the poor .
The man did such good that all his prayers and etc came up for a memorial before GOD .
And STILL that man had to hear the gospel in order to be SAVED . I give no man false hopes .
I preach JESUS , cause I KNOW HE ALONE is the only way one may be saved . NOW , LIFT THOSE HANDS AND PRAISE THE GLORIOUS
and WONDEROUS KING .