Atheist friends mock me about Noah and the Ark

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Born_Again

Nov 5, 2014
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Skitnik said:
I have not met one of those yet but I did get pages and pages of furious replies, most of them profane.

English is one of few languages I speak. Not the one I am most proficient in.
Okay, fair enough on the English thing.

As for the profanity thing, those are just, for lack of a kind term, "haters". A true atheist wont respond like that, if they even respond at all. Those who violently attack Christianity are of Satan. Do not give them any attention.

A good way to fight your enemy is to know them. Take care when doing it, but read some of their books. Read up on philosophy. Read their material as they have read ours. They know they bible, so, know their stuff too! This way you can take what they publish and find the gaps in it.

Skitnik

Nov 12, 2015
Born_Again said:
Okay, fair enough on the English thing.

As for the profanity thing, those are just, for lack of a kind term, "haters". A true atheist wont respond like that, if they even respond at all. Those who violently attack Christianity are of Satan. Do not give them any attention.

A good way to fight your enemy is to know them. Take care when doing it, but read some of their books. Read up on philosophy. Read their material as they have read ours. They know they bible, so, know their stuff too! This way you can take what they publish and find the gaps in it.
Your grammar is far from perfect also, what is your excuse? At least I have one. If "they know they bible" it means that their belief system can only be sustained by attacking other belief systems. That is the point. Atheism cannot stand on its own.

Born_Again

Nov 5, 2014
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Skitnik said:
Your grammar is far from perfect also. If "they know they bible" it means that their belief system can only be sustained by attacking other belief systems. That is the point.
HAHAHA, yea, behold the power of proof-reading. :) I only pointed that out to you because you were publishing on-line. This is just a discussion forum.

Skitnik

Nov 12, 2015
Born_Again said:
HAHAHA, yea, behold the power of proof-reading. :) I only pointed that out to you because you were publishing on-line. This is just a discussion forum.
Craigslist is not exactly some "scientific works only" forum either. Some things that are posted there make me wonder what language they are written in. Not the one that I know.

Instead of criticism and if you consider us to be on the same side of an issue do your best on editing my text and send me a copy.

heretoeternity

Oct 11, 2014
Asia/Pacific
River Jordan said:
The only thing I could find was THIS, which is Nat Geo reporting on some Christian explorers who claimed to have found the ark in 2010, but it's since been widely labeled a hoax, even by fundamentalist young-earth creationists.

So you do not believe the Bible...and you are on a Christian site...hmmmm interesting, this seems to be a common problem among self proclaimed "christians"//

River Jordan

Jan 30, 2014
Skitnik said:
I am not on trial, under oath, I answer questions if I feel like it.
Habitually ignoring questions in a discussion forum makes it look like you have something to hide.

Like I said, I take a word of scientists which I know to be scientists not the ones that proclaim to be a scientists.
Like the ones who wrote the papers I linked you to?

If you want to be taken seriously state your name, degree, area of expertize, published works.....
Oh sure...give all my personal info to strangers on an internet forum.....what could go wrong? :rolleyes:

River Jordan

Jan 30, 2014
heretoeternity said:
So you do not believe the Bible...and you are on a Christian site...hmmmm interesting, this seems to be a common problem among self proclaimed "christians"//
??????????? I wasn't aware that one's status as a Christian was dependent on whether you believed some expedition found the ark in 2010.

heretoeternity

Oct 11, 2014
Asia/Pacific
Actually it was first found by an expedition in the mid seventies...with the latest attempt to excavate it in 2010...it is apparently in the place the Bible said it came to rest...some people obviously have been distracted through the last 40 years to not track this very newsworthy event

Skitnik

Nov 12, 2015
River Jordan said:
Oh sure...give all my personal info to strangers on an internet forum.....what could go wrong? :rolleyes:
Nothing could go wrong but you could prove yourself to be more then teenage "know it all" that you come across sounding like.

If you are "scientist" there has got to be more proof to that then just your claim.

Skitnik

Nov 12, 2015
Ok Born_Again. I guess we are not on the same side. All you can do is criticize efforts of others. You are keeping your vastly superior skills in English all to yourself.

Wormwood

Chaps
Apr 9, 2013
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
heretoeternity said:
Actually it was first found by an expedition in the mid seventies...with the latest attempt to excavate it in 2010...it is apparently in the place the Bible said it came to rest...some people obviously have been distracted through the last 40 years to not track this very newsworthy event
To my knowledge, this story is basically about a single explorer who claims he found the ark. There were some pictures of something that looked man made but nothing definitive. To my knowledge, recent satellite pictures have not discovered anything and the few expeditions that the government over there has allowed have not found any proof. It would be wonderful if they found the ark, but I wouldnt put any stock in this supposed discovery. The Bible has been validated countless times through archaeology. We do not need to find the ark to give us a reason to accept the testimony of Scripture.

River Jordan

Jan 30, 2014
heretoeternity said:
Actually it was first found by an expedition in the mid seventies...with the latest attempt to excavate it in 2010...it is apparently in the place the Bible said it came to rest...
According to who?

KingJ

Mar 18, 2011
South Africa
River Jordan said:
Keep in mind, there are plenty of Christians who don't share the fundamentalists' view on the flood story either. IMO, the historical evidence is pretty clear that the Hebrews "borrowed" the story from their Babylonian captors and put their own Jewish spin on it. Various cultures have borrowed and modified legends from each other throughout history, and I see no reason to believe the Jewish people were somehow immune to that.
You cannot discredit something God ordained to be in His word. When Jesus taught in the synagogues He did not expose Noah's ark as heresy.

I see the 2016 River has not evolved much.

KingJ

Mar 18, 2011
South Africa
Amrak said:
I have a hard time trying to tell my friends that one day we will find the ark and proove the existence. They argue that so much rain in 40 days is impossible, and also they ball off about dinosaurs, and how did the animal fit etc.
This is the devil biting at your heels. Discredit one incident, then another and before you know it all confidence in scripture is gone. Atheism 101 is actually Satanism 101. Atheist sites are full of posts creating just enough doubt.

Noah's flood can be proven with a population time line.

Unless we are on a live debate with them, we must not care for such discussions. Along the lines of what Ifforest said, atheists will not accept Jesus even if God appears to them. So debating the flood with them is futile. Let them believe what they want on the flood.

A Christian has to focus on the important issues in discussion with atheists / unsaved looking to argue. People are not drawn to Jesus because the bible is an accurate history book (even though it is). People are drawn to Jesus because they are after his heart. They desire to hate sin and repent. We need to help them focus on hating what is evil , grasping that God is good and them needing a worthy sacrifice for their sins.

KingJ

Mar 18, 2011
South Africa
Skitnik said:
[SIZE=14pt]This is an add I posted on local Craigslist: [/SIZE]
[SIZE=14pt]Atheists are the most religious bunch of people I have ever met. Yes atheism is a full blown, certifiable religion with all the attributes of one.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]“god” – Chance[/SIZE]
[SIZE=14pt]“prophet” – Darving[/SIZE]
[SIZE=14pt]“holy book” – Origin of Species[/SIZE]
[SIZE=14pt]“salvation” – absence of need for one. People are just biological automatons and there is nothing to save after death.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt] I mean to actually believe that there was nothing then “bang” it became everything…! That is not even sane. Every time this point comes up atheists immediately go into “you too” mode and start ridiculing by bringing up stories from the Bible. Do not “shame” me with the Bible. Let’s say I am just a very generic theist. I just sanely conclude that there had to be somebody creating at least the very original components of everything and setting in place order and laws of physics. Also, if atheism is such a superior belief system why does it need to lower itself to the level of “you too” arguments even comparing itself to some religious dogmas! Such a superior belief system should be able to stand on its own does it not?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt] Becoming theist is the first step in a journey of sane mind. Next step is trying to find Creator and what He is like.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt] Then there is a total quackery of evolution. While atheists do not even attempt to explain the origin of life they somehow “know” that it must have originated without involvement of any creating force.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]http://www.evolution.berkeley.edu/evosite/misconceps/IAorigintheory.shtml[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt] If was to tell atheist: “Here is a fine Swiss watch. It is Swiss because somewhere in Switzerland there was a pile of iron ore that fell into acidic pool of “primordial soup”, got struck by a lightning few times over millions of years and now I have this watch” he would call me insane yet to even consider that one live cell that is infinitely more complex than the finest of watches came together this way is sane?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5wmhiq25MqU[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt] Evolution was never observed or replicated. Every time question comes up to show an example of evolution inevitably something like “Darvin’s finches” comes up. Variation within a specie, micro evolution at best. Show me one example of macro-evolution, aka DA EVOLUTION. One specie becoming another or one example of genetic information becoming more complex on its own. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt] So to believe something that totally defies logic without one shred of evidence AND betting own life on it… I can only envy the level of totally blind religious, fanatical faith of an atheist! [/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt] Yes, I will remind you about Pascal’s Wager too. The only “response” I get from atheists is the roll of eyes and “Oh its that again” but never an intelligent answer.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt] Without being able to explain origin of anything (matter, order, life) “sane”, “rational” atheists, inevitably become either “alien worshipers” (“Aliens created us”. Another new religion with Zecharia Sitchin as a “prophet”. Well who created aliens and what if they show up with their own ten commandments? What if it is a hundred and ten?) or rapidly growing ranks of Satan worshipers. (Yes, there is a Creator but he is just an egoistic control freak who creates everything and everybody for enslavement by him and his amusement. It is a good and pure hearted Lucifer who wants to set us free). Yes it is a rapidly growing “alternative” to atheism now that promise of god-like immortality seems to be within reach.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt] Insane atheists are just staying insane. Hey, what can one expect from an overgrown monkey?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt] P.S. for Christians.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt] If you want to debate or reach out to an atheist you cannot use “God is real because Bible says so” argument. To an atheist Bible is no more proof of existence of God then Wizard of Oz is a proof that flying monkeys exist. I have seen Christians try to do that but all they do instead is get opposite result to what they try to achieve. Immediately atheists sink their teeth into this argument and start ridiculing the Bible. As you may guess I got a good amount of hate mail as a reply to my post on Craigslist. Inevitably all E-mails begin with “Yeah…and a Bible says this… “. When I tell them that I am not religious they are at a loss. (I am not lying to them, to me Christianity is a belief system, relationship with Christ and not a religion since Christianity saved no one, Jesus saved many). They are stumped, do not know what to say and all they can do from then on is use obscenities, profanities and names. The only other “argument” I have encountered is “Atheism is based on MANY different theories”, trying to talk down to me as if I am too stupid to understand but then all you have to do is to remind them that it does not matter how many theories they have, they are all just that…. THEORIES![/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt] See, the only way atheists “defend” their beliefs is by attacking legitimacy of a belief system of an opponent. Atheism cannot stand on its own, their belief system is based on nothing, only denial of other belief systems. It is like a bubble sustained only by air pressure it is pressing against. You take that away and a bubble of atheism pops, revealing nothing on the inside. Many choose to live in that bubble, do not make it easier for them with well-meaning but wrongly applied arguments.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=14pt] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=14pt] Origin of things is the downfall of atheism. If you do not know where everything came from then how can you tell somebody who does know that they are wrong? Cannot counter something with nothing, so atheism can only attack others and cannot defend itself. If the question is “who created God?” then where did matter come from? If one can have totally irrational belief that nothing became everything without Creator being involved then my belief is much more rational: I believe that there is a Creator and His eternal nature is beyond my comprehension since I am not eternal.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt] Also, some of the smarter atheists use tricks to figure out which belief system you are coming from. They say something like: “There are unicorns in the Bible” and the moment you say “Show me where?” attack on the Bible and Christianity begins. Do not fall for it.[/SIZE]
Good effort bud, keep up the good work.

KingJ

Mar 18, 2011
South Africa
River Jordan said:
Name, yes. Degree, area of expertise and published works....I see you think your reply alleviates you.

By the way....if you want to be taken seriously on even this a Christian discussion forum.... you would need more then just ''a degree'' if you have no published works.... ;).

Perhaps if you respected scripture more, were less rude and vein you would not need to give any credentials.

River Jordan

Jan 30, 2014
heretoeternity said:
Where have you been for the last forty years? Or you never watch news?
That doesn't really help answer my question. Again, the ark has been found according to who?