Atheists in Heaven !?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The Bible tells us that only 144 000 followers of Jesus Christ will go to heaven, no atheists. - Rev. 14:1-3. The pope dont' tell the truth.

This is the reason @Stranger ( forgive me if it was not you..it may have been @michaelvpardo ) who challenged me when I said in the Absolute Truth thread..that it ( Bible) is only truth when it is not interpreted by man! Or when man does not start telling other men "what it means".
Because then they 'play God' and put there own spin upon it.

Jonadab...not for one moment do I believe your statement above.
Obviously it is yours, and we each choose what we believe is truth and what we put on our plate as we walk through the Smörgåsbord of Christian life ...but that sure is not mine!
You are welcome!
And...Welcome to this Site. :)

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is the reason @Stranger ( forgive me if it was not you..it may have been @michaelvpardo ) who challenged me when I said in the Absolute Truth thread..that it ( Bible) is only truth when it is not interpreted by man! Or when man does not start telling other men "what it means".

Obviously it is yours, and we each choose what we believe is truth and what we put on our plate as we walk through the Smörgåsbord of Christian life ...but that sure is not mine!
You are welcome!
I'm not sure if I said anything like that, but the 144000 mentioned in scripture are not supposed to go to heaven but to come to Earth with Jesus Christ at His return and these are to be 12000 of each tribe of Israel, virgins and entirely faithful to Christ as a special possession. These aren't the only people saved and in Christ's kingdom as there are multitudes from every nation, tribe, and tongue which will become coinheritors of Christ's kingdom and that is what the scriptures say. I can dig them out of the various books that speak to this for you, but the Apostle Paul commends those who seek out these things in the scriptures to see if they are true. 2 books which come to mind in particular are the book of Zechariah and of the book of the Revelation of Jesus Christ. These both mention the 144,000 in particular, while the book of the Revelation speaks more about those saved out of all the nations of the Earth.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I'm not sure if I said anything like that, but the 144000 mentioned in scripture are not supposed to go to heaven but to come to Earth with Jesus Christ at His return and these are to be 12000 of each tribe of Israel, virgins and entirely faithful to Christ as a special possession. These aren't the only people saved and in Christ's kingdom as there are multitudes from every nation, tribe, and tongue which will become coinheritors of Christ's kingdom and that is what the scriptures say. I can dig them out of the various books that speak to this for you, but the Apostle Paul commends those who seek out these things in the scriptures to see if they are true. 2 books which come to mind in particular are the book of Zechariah and of the book of the Revelation of Jesus Christ. These both mention the 144,000 in particular, while the book of the Revelation speaks more about those saved out of all the nations of the Earth.

Thank you very much for yours.
I do not see the 144000 as a literal complete number. But I do se it as a collective selective group of people/overcomers/co-inheritors...

I guess when I Jonadab's post..it just reminded me of the other thread..where I said that man gets into trouble when both listening to, or giving an interpretation by another. (His post being a prime example.)
Because that is all it is when we put our sticky fingers all over it , and then speak out as if "this is the truth, the whole truth" !!
I love hearing what other people believe, and also what makes them believe what they believe ...that is why I am on this Site. :)
But, as you probably know by now...I believe strongly that we should each hold 'most things' lightly...and stay teachable before the Lord for Him to confirm His Word to us.

As for this thread, "Will atheists be in heaven"...YES
... for there go I except for the grace of God...
We were all "a something" just as bad or worse, before we came to God.

Thanks....H

Reactions: bbyrd009

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Bible tells us that only 144 000 followers of Jesus Christ will go to heaven, no atheists. - Rev. 14:1-3. The pope dont' tell the truth.

You are welcome!

I'm really not quite understanding what Jonadab is trying to say. Is he saying that only 144,000 believers be they Jew or gentile will end up being saved? Say it ain't so, because I have heard such rubbish spoken here by some before.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
@Decopymope I can't read it any other way. Waiting for his rebuttal if he is making one. So much junk is taught and believed about the 144,000..and people believe it ...that is the amazing part! ha!

Reactions: Dcopymope

twinc

Apr 3, 2011
Faith
Country
United Kingdom
@Decopymope I can't read it any other way. Waiting for his rebuttal if he is making one. So much junk is taught and believed about the 144,000..and people believe it ...that is the amazing part! ha!

this time of the year ha ha ha becomes ho ho ho - a big hunk of junk is that only some are saved and that the glad tidings is not so glad for some for Jesus has failed as saviour of the world - so how about you and according to who - twinc

twinc

Apr 3, 2011
Faith
Country
United Kingdom

You are welcome!

it is not that they play God but definitely play inspired by, guided by, indwelt by the Holy Spirit and so making out that it is not they but the H/S that is crazy - twinc

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
this time of the year ha ha ha becomes ho ho ho - a big hunk of junk is that only some are saved and that the glad tidings is not so glad for some for Jesus has failed as saviour of the world - so how about you and according to who - twinc

Hello there twinc/Jim...I have been missing you...hope you have not been away sick?
I was glad to see you on here and posting. :)

Whatever we feel or don't feel about this season of the year..God bless you anyway...and many blessing for a good, healthy and fruitful 2018

Helen

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Did Jesus fail, twinc? I believe that he accomplished all God intended:

"So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it." Isaiah 55:11

Is not Jesus the Word that went for out of God's mouth?