Authority over one’s faith.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
There are people that assume which they get from the Bible that they are to assume authority over others an a persons faith, and they will try to make you submit to whatever it is they are doing to conform to their Will and ways.

You are talking about....DESCRIBING a person WHO posts CULT Vides of : Preterism......to try to ruin the faith of real Believers..
Thats what you do isnt it?
Want to talk about that on your Thread, where you are talking about others??

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There are people that assume which they get from the Bible that they are to assume authority over others an a persons faith, and they will try to make you submit to whatever it is they are doing to conform to their Will and ways.

This can happen even in Material Brick and Mortar Churches, which assume they have some type of Authority, even Roman Catholic will try to justify the says as they were founded by Peter.

There is no authority over a believer save Jesus Christ himself who himself is head of the Royal priesthood who governs over the body of believers who have faith in Him.

Never be persuaded by others and what they may say, but you have the ability to go to God directly without any hesitation in prayer, Jesus is the High Priest and you are able to directly commune with God because of Him, by the spirit in prayer.

God bless you.

Elders do have authority over the flocks god has them shepherding! But it is not the kind of authority that you describe which is an abuse of that authority.

Husbands have authority over their wives, parents ahve authority over their children and employers have authority over their employees etc.

Reactions: ChristisGod

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
There is no authority over a believer save Jesus Christ himself who himself is head of the Royal priesthood who governs over the body of believers who have faith in Him.
Once again you have failed to present Bible truth and concocted your own theology. As a matter of fact God made it clear in Scripture that in the churches the elders (plural) would have authority over the flock. Even though all believers are a Royal Priesthood, within the local assembly the spiritual leaders are the elders, and are to "take oversight" and "rule" over the church (as Christ would have them rule).

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is okay if you have your own view of what you deem is right in your own sight, Enoch.

I am of the belief that is Jesus has returned, and has already taken his bride which was authoritatively kept by Apostles over the bride in that day in age. In which He came back and took, in 70Ad.

Therefore because of this, there is no longer any spiritual authority over individuals, save Jesus Christ himself in this day in age.

If my view is wrong, which is seen as wrong by most today, then yes, everyone needs to be following everything in the Epistles that the Apostles wrote down to the T. If they are not doing that, then they aren’t following the first century way of the bride in that day in age.

To each their own as far as you and your beliefs Go, I have no authority over anyone in how they seek out God in their own life.

Thank you for commenting, and sharing your own thoughts on the matter.

Last edited:

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you for sharing your view Ronald, and commenting.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is okay if you have your own view of what you deem is right in your own sight, Enoch.

I am of the belief that is Jesus has returned, and has already taken his bride which was authoritatively kept by Apostles over the bride in that day in age. In which He came back and took, in 70Ad.

Therefore because of this, there is no longer any spiritual authority over individuals, save Jesus Christ himself in this day in age.

If my view is wrong, which is seen as wrong by most today, then yes, everyone needs to be following everything in the Epistles that the Apostles wrote down to the T. If they are not doing that, then they aren’t following the first century way of the bride in that day in age.

To each their own as far as you and your beliefs Go, I have no authority over anyone in how they seek out God in their own life.

Oh no, what about all those divorced Christians that have remarried?

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

If Jesus took His bride who is the church the body of Christ in 70ad then you cannot be saved. Salvation is over with , in the past and His church is no longer on this earth.

hope this helps !!!

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Elders do have authority over the flocks god has them shepherding! But it is not the kind of authority that you describe which is an abuse of that authority.

Husbands have authority over their wives, parents ahve authority over their children and employers have authority over their employees etc.
Amen it was a fallacious argument. We are talking about authority established by God in the church

Reactions: Ronald Nolette

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If Jesus took His bride who is the church the body of Christ in 70ad then you cannot be saved. Salvation is over with , in the past and His church is no longer on this earth.

hope this helps !!!

Hello to you sir,

That might be from extreme pretrist side of things as those who say everything was only pertaining to Israel only, I have been presented with this, however it is not the case. (I’m not an extreme pretrist that says this).

Jesus paid for all sin for all people, their past, present and future sins, those who believe in Him continue to overcome things while in this life mainly our fleshly ways though they won’t completely die off until we actually die.

As believers live today they build up their spiritual treasury by seeking out God in faith, and will have salvation in which they are saved to the Kingdom of God after this life.

Just saying that per say I believe Jesus already came That there is no longer any salvation is false.

As I stated though you are free to choose and do whatever it is you believe you are lead to do in this life which is between you and God himself.

Thank you for your comment and sharing.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh no, what about all those divorced Christians that have remarried?
So then IF she be married to another man she will be called an adulteress so long as that first husband lives .
THEY are in ADULTERY . To the married , I say , yet not I BUT THE LORD ......................
Exactly . Its high time we learn the JESUS of said bible

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That reminds me @amigo de christo of the possibility of divorcing Christ. In consideration of spiritual Adultry. Something to be mindful of as well.

It’s so great to know even though a married person my get divorced and perhaps remarry Jesus calls them adulterous. Though this is so, perhaps it may help them rethink in which may cause them not desire to divorce.

So many people have this happen to them in life and it’s unfortunate some for many different reasons, but thank God for Gods grace in which we can look towards his son for Salvation.

I believe by default we are all murderers due to our sins, and Jesus took them on the cross, and he was buried and raised again by God!

Praise God for his great love and mercy!

Thank you again for your comment and sharing.

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello to you sir,

That might be from extreme pretrist side of things as those who say everything was only pertaining to Israel only, I have been presented with this, however it is not the case. (I’m not an extreme pretrist that says this).

Jesus paid for all sin for all people, their past, present and future sins, those who believe in Him continue to overcome things while in this life mainly our fleshly ways though they won’t completely die off until we actually die.

As believers live today they build up their spiritual treasury by seeking out God in faith, and will have salvation in which they are saved to the Kingdom of God after this life.

Just saying that per say I believe Jesus already came That there is no longer any salvation is false.

As I stated though you are free to choose and do whatever it is you believe you are lead to do in this life which is between you and God himself.

Thank you for your comment and sharing.
There is no salvation apart from being His bride in the NT.

Reactions: amigo de christo