Awakening

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ian74

Apr 10, 2022
Wakefield
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Hello everybody.

My name is Ian. I have not lived a good life, never taken religion seriously. I have sinned badly, in a multitude of ways.

For a long time now I have felt wretched. Cursed even. Like I am being tormented or tested. I have lost many things dear to me, and I have cursed God.

Recently I have begun to notice things which worry me. I see evil all around me. In our rulers, our educational systems, our media. The companies we buy from, the celebrities we idolise. In music, in film. In the opinions we are forced to accept.

I feel like my eyes have been opened to a very dark world.

I was raised a Catholic but I turned my back on that as a child. I look to the Catholic church now as a broken institution lead by Freemasons.

I do not know where to turn for guidance, other than to follow my own sense of morality.

I want to repent for my sins, I want to pray for the strength to fix the things in my life I have neglected, to help others where I can.

I was drawn here. I have introduced myself, and hope to hear from somebody who understands me.

Reactions: ScottA and Ziggy

Rita

Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, greetings from another U.K. member xxx
Have you tried reading one of the gospels and just allow it to speak into your hear afresh, be real with the Lord that you want him to come into your life, you desire change and want to repent…..read , pray and wait for him to reveal things to you ……Marks gospel is probably the best one to start with, read it even if it doesn’t make sense to you yet………
Welcome and you have have my prayer support
Rita

Ian74

Apr 10, 2022
Wakefield
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Rita, thank you for the reply.

Knowing where to start is difficult. I don't know the difference between what I am being guided towards and my own thoughts.

The evil I see around me makes me feel alone and I need to know that there are others who see it.

I am scared to speak, because doing so marks me out from what is "normal"

I will take your advice with regard to waiting, that is probably wise.

Maybe today I will talk to God.

Reactions: ScottA and amadeus

Rita

Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Ian
There has always been evil around us but I think as you become more aware it is like an awakening, so I suspect God is already working in your life. Xx
Rita

Last edited:
Reactions: amadeus

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Hello everybody.

My name is Ian. I have not lived a good life, never taken religion seriously. I have sinned badly, in a multitude of ways.

For a long time now I have felt wretched. Cursed even. Like I am being tormented or tested. I have lost many things dear to me, and I have cursed God.

Recently I have begun to notice things which worry me. I see evil all around me. In our rulers, our educational systems, our media. The companies we buy from, the celebrities we idolise. In music, in film. In the opinions we are forced to accept.

I was raised a Catholic but I turned my back on that as a child. I look to the Catholic church now as a broken institution lead by Freemasons.

I do not know where to turn for guidance, other than to follow my own sense of morality.

I want to repent for my sins, I want to pray for the strength to fix the things in my life I have neglected, to help others where I can.

I was drawn here. I have introduced myself, and hope to hear from somebody who understands me.
H @Ian74 Good to see you.

Do read passages in the Bible such as John chapter 3 and Romans chapter 3. They show that the way to life is not within ourselves, but through faith in Christ, because of His reconciling work at the Cross for sinners.

Romans 8 is another tremendous chapter. (Once ppl are gripped by reading such passages, it's hard to put them down....)

Reactions: amigo de christo

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Have you tried reading one of the gospels and just allow it to speak into your hear afresh, be real with the Lord that you want him to come into your life, you desire change and want to repent…..read , pray and wait for him to reveal things to you ……Marks gospel is probably the best one to start with, read it even if it doesn’t make sense to you yet………
Rita
Good to see someone being encouraged to read God's Word, Rita...... :)

Reactions: amigo de christo

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Come to Christ my friend and start reading and learning the things Jesus taught and all good sound doctrine .
It truly will help my friend . It sure will .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa

Do read passages in the Bible such as John chapter 3 and Romans chapter 3. They show that the way to life is not within ourselves, but through faith in Christ, because of His reconciling work at the Cross for sinners.

Romans 8 is another tremendous chapter. (Once ppl are gripped by reading such passages, it's hard to put them down....)

Hi @Ian74
why do you think you were "drawn?"

Joh_6:44 No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.

Joh 6:65 And he said, Therefore said I unto you, that no man can come unto me, except it were given unto him of my Father.

Jer 31:3 The LORD hath appeared of old unto me, saying, Yea, I have loved thee with an everlasting love: therefore with lovingkindness have I drawn thee.

Tit 3:3 For we ourselves also were sometimes foolish, disobedient, deceived, serving divers lusts and pleasures, living in malice and envy, hateful, and hating one another.
Tit 3:4 But after that the kindness and love of God our Saviour toward man appeared,
Tit 3:5 Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;
Tit 3:6 Which he shed on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Saviour;
Tit 3:7 That being justified by his grace, we should be made heirs according to the hope of eternal life.
Tit 3:8 This is a faithful saying, and these things I will that thou affirm constantly, that they which have believed in God might be careful to maintain good works. These things are good and profitable unto men.

Correct?
You were drawn by the Holy Spirit
Blessings friend
Johann

Reactions: Ian74

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Hi @Ian74
why do you think you were "drawn?"

Joh_6:44 No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.

Joh 6:65 And he said, Therefore said I unto you, that no man can come unto me, except it were given unto him of my Father.

Jer 31:3 The LORD hath appeared of old unto me, saying, Yea, I have loved thee with an everlasting love: therefore with lovingkindness have I drawn thee.

Tit 3:3 For we ourselves also were sometimes foolish, disobedient, deceived, serving divers lusts and pleasures, living in malice and envy, hateful, and hating one another.
Tit 3:4 But after that the kindness and love of God our Saviour toward man appeared,
Tit 3:5 Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;
Tit 3:6 Which he shed on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Saviour;
Tit 3:7 That being justified by his grace, we should be made heirs according to the hope of eternal life.
Tit 3:8 This is a faithful saying, and these things I will that thou affirm constantly, that they which have believed in God might be careful to maintain good works. These things are good and profitable unto men.

Correct?
You were drawn by the Holy Spirit
Blessings friend
Johann
Hi @Johann We were thinking about some of those Titus verses this morning....

Ian74

Apr 10, 2022
Wakefield
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Thank you Johann.

It is difficult to articulate exactly why I feel drawn. My perspective on a lot of things has suddenly changed, and it seems like the world has been revealed to me. I started to question everything we are taught, via schools, via social media and news channels. What our leaders demand we tolerate.

We celebrate ignorance, greed and perversions. Of course these things have always existed.... but over my lifetime we as a society have gone from tolerance to almost veneration.

To my mind, there is a dark force behind this, one that hates and fears Christ. I have never been a very religious person, and I feel like this is because society naturally conditions us against this. Christians are seen as boring, joyless, bigoted, old fashioned amongst other things.

I can only describe what I feel as a call to first of all, live a better life, and to devote myself to help others. Not in a sense of knocking on doors or shouting in the street, just to benevolently help, and show.

I feel like my life is about to change. I am afraid because I know it will be difficult, and my faith is new, fragile.

My apologies if I am rambling, I am trying to explain too much which I don't understand.

Reactions: ScottA and Ziggy

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Thank you Johann.

It is difficult to articulate exactly why I feel drawn. My perspective on a lot of things has suddenly changed, and it seems like the world has been revealed to me. I started to question everything we are taught, via schools, via social media and news channels. What our leaders demand we tolerate.

We celebrate ignorance, greed and perversions. Of course these things have always existed.... but over my lifetime we as a society have gone from tolerance to almost veneration.

To my mind, there is a dark force behind this, one that hates and fears Christ. I have never been a very religious person, and I feel like this is because society naturally conditions us against this. Christians are seen as boring, joyless, bigoted, old fashioned amongst other things.

I can only describe what I feel as a call to first of all, live a better life, and to devote myself to help others. Not in a sense of knocking on doors or shouting in the street, just to benevolently help, and show.

I feel like my life is about to change. I am afraid because I know it will be difficult, and my faith is new, fragile.

My apologies if I am rambling, I am trying to explain too much which I don't understand.
@Ian74 Do look beyond your feelings, and read God's Word diligently and trustingly.

Job 13.15 says: "Though He slay me, yet will I trust in Him".

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you Johann.

Hi Ian74,
You been redpilled.
It's ok. Lots of changes are happening. Lots of truths are being revealed. Many things that have been hid in the dark are coming into the light.
You will find that you are not alone. And the changes that are coming are for the good, even though it will be hard to follow it all.
You see the world headed down a very dark path and you are uncomfortable with it.
Things just aren't the way they should be.
A lot of evil influences have been running this world for a long long time. And we've been taught to just accept whatever they say as normal.
But something in your heart is telling you, this aint normal. It just aint right.
That's the Lord opening your heart and mind and being given the ability to discern between good and evil.

Know that God has a plan. And he is waking you up to it.
And have Faith that he will bring us through this trying time.
Jesus Loves you.
He's just waking you up to see the truth from the lies.
It's a blessing
:D
Hugs

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello everybody.

Ian,

You have been touched by God. Do not turn elsewhere...and beware of the devil and his minions among us.

I would advise you to only speak to God for a time--and call Him by name (God will do)...He will not let imposters pass if you address Him personally. In my case, I called out to God in the night while alone, and He answered, and I was caught up in the spirit above the earth and changed in the blink of an eye, and returned. I was then led/drawn to a bible and read it from cover to cover in about 10 days barely stopping to eat or sleep. Seven years I kept reading, finished and started again, before ever setting foot into a church. This, I am not recommending, only meaning to caution you--this is between you and God.

Meanwhile, it is good to see you hear acting on faith. And by all means, feel free to interact--I did not mean that you should not. Just be careful, and wiser than the serpent. God is good--and works all things together for good for those who love Him. Love Him...and the evils of this world will grow strangely dim.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ian74 and Ziggy

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
@Ian74 Do look beyond your feelings, and read God's Word diligently and trustingly.

Job 13.15 says: "Though He slay me, yet will I trust in Him".
Thank you Johann.

No need to apologize and like you I also have a problem articulating what is happening on the inside.
I am not much of a socialite and live a very reclusive style of life and not very popular I might add.
I know where you coming from and should you wish to dialogue I am right here.
or, alternatively, we can go one on one privately.
Yours in Christ Jesus
Johann

Reactions: Ian74

Ian74

Apr 10, 2022
Wakefield
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Thank you friend, I would like to chat with you sometime.

It is reassuring to know others understand how I feel. It's possibly another sinister aspect of society that my first instinct was to question my sanity.

Thanks to all who have taken the time to respond to me. I have some questions however I will post them in the appropriate places.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Rita
@Rita Yes, keep reading the Scriptures, right? as Ephesians says, it's the 'washing of water by the word'.