Bad News

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My TMJ is getting worse. I don't think my homemade dental guard is working too much. Right where my chin is the pops and cracks have gotten worse and I've had times over the past few days where I've felt dizzy in my head. Ear pain and ringing has come back too. :( I think it's best to stop doing the exercises I was told to do at the dentist since I possibly might not be doing them right. I'm supposed to get fillings at the end of this month before I get a custom made dental guard and I don't want things to be worse than they already are. :(

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My TMJ is getting worse. I don't think my homemade dental guard is working too much. Right where my chin is the pops and cracks have gotten worse and I've had times over the past few days where I've felt dizzy in my head. Ear pain and ringing has come back too. :( I think it's best to stop doing the exercises I was told to do at the dentist since I possibly might not be doing them right. I'm supposed to get fillings at the end of this month before I get a custom made dental guard and I don't want things to be worse than they already are. :(

Maybe you should discontinue use of that dental guard? You can check with your dentist in the morning, but it sounds like it might not fit you well. It might be causing your jaw to move in a wrong manner. Many years ago I had a guard....it started to make my jaw area move position. I stopped using it immediately. And just tried to relieve stress instead, that worked.

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Maybe you should discontinue use of that dental guard? You can check with your dentist in the morning, but it sounds like it might not fit you well. It might be causing your jaw to move in a wrong manner. Many years ago I had a guard....it started to make my jaw area move position. I stopped using it immediately. And just tried to relieve stress instead, that worked.

Yeah I know it doesn't fit, but unfortunately right now it's the only thing I have until I can get a custom made one. :(

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yeah I know it doesn't fit, but unfortunately right now it's the only thing I have until I can get a custom made one. :(

Don't you think it would be safer to discontinue using it, if it doesn't fit? It could be changing your jaw structure, don't you think?

Reactions: TLHKAJ

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You’re in my prayers, AR! :)

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Don't you think it would be safer to discontinue using it, if it doesn't fit? It could be changing your jaw structure, don't you think?

Nah I should listen to my mother and the dentist,.. btw,.. I don't have any stress so I'm not really sure what is causing the teeth clenching to be honest with you. :/

Reactions: Debp

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Idk if you can see this bc I think I'm on ignore. But how do you feel about seeing a chiropractor? They can fix misalignment issues. My chiropractor worked on mine bc my jaw was off to the left and my skull plates were out of place from multiple concussions. My dizziness was related to severe misalignments.

(Since Idk if she can see this, maybe someone can mention a chiropractor?)

I will pray...

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nah I should listen to my mother and the dentist,.. btw,.. I don't have any stress so I'm not really sure what is causing the teeth clenching to be honest with you. :/

Idk if you can see this bc I think I'm on ignore. But how do you feel about seeing a chiropractor? They can fix misalignment issues. My chiropractor worked on mine bc my jaw was off to the left and my skull plates were out of place from multiple concussions. My dizziness was related to severe misalignments.

(Since Idk if she can see this, maybe someone can mention a chiropractor?)

I will pray...

April Rose, I hope you can see TLHKAJ's quote above. She has mentioned perhaps seeing a chiropractor.

Sometimes stress is underlying. A person might clench teeth while sleeping due to underlying stress. At the time I had a TMJ diagnosed, I had a very stressful job situation. After getting out of that situation, I have no problems whatsoever of a TMJ.

Reactions: TLHKAJ

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
April Rose, I hope you can see TLHKAJ's quote above. She has mentioned perhaps seeing a chiropractor.

Sometimes stress is underlying. A person might clench teeth while sleeping due to underlying stress. At the time I had a TMJ diagnosed, I had a very stressful job situation. After getting out of that situation, I have no problems whatsoever of a TMJ.

What's a chiropractor and I don't have any stressful job or anything. And she sounds concerned,.. but we don't get along very well I'm afraid that's why she's on ignore.

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What's a chiropractor and I don't have any stressful job or anything. And she sounds concerned,.. but we don't get along very well I'm afraid that's why she's on ignore.

I've never used a chiropractor. They make adjustments to areas of the body, apparently by manipulating areas.

If your dizziness, ear pain, etc, have gotten worse the past few days, you should notify your dentist about this.

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Chiropractors work with skeletal and a lot of times, musculoskeletal issues to realign bones, loosen tight muscles, etc.

Reactions: farouk

historyb

Mar 10, 2011
in a house
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Praying dear friend

Reactions: April_Rose

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Praying for relief of pain and for speedy treatment from the dentist!