Banned From ChristianForums.com

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

prism

Blood-Soaked
Jan 24, 2011
So. Cal
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Recognizing that Sola Scriptura is a man-made, 16th century invention and completely unbiblical is further proof that Catholics ARE Biblical Christians.

2 Timothy 3:16-17 (KJV) All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

I could throw in Ps. 119 as well, but that would be too long to quote.

What authority would you suggest to be added to the Scriptures besides the Author of Scripture,...the Holy Spirit?

Reactions: Taken

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Recognizing that Sola Scriptura is a man-made...
How can it be "man-made" when Jesus -- who is God -- established it as Christian doctrine? See Matthew 4:4 and many other related passages.

On the other hand "Holy Tradition" is full of errors, thus the Catholic Church went off the rails.

Reactions: Taken

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm amazed at the "sinless Mary" doctrine that is total myth! No proof whatsoever. Does the Vatican overrule God's Word the Bible?

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm amazed at the "sinless Mary" doctrine that is total myth! No proof whatsoever. Does the Vatican overrule God's Word the Bible?

You have quite the sentence going on there. So you think that Christ's mother was a sinner? The Bible does not say she sinned and it does not say she was sinless. Maybe He went out of His way to find a lady that was a sinner to have His child? We do not know.

No proof whatsoever.

What we do know is what the angel said to her....Luke 1:28 "And the angel came in unto her, and said, Hail, thou that art highly favoured, the Lord is with thee: blessed art thou among women."
Do me a favor and find where an angel or God said that about anyone else. What does it mean? He favored sinners? We don't know. We do know that she was engaged or betrothed, and conceived a baby with someone other than Joseph. Is that adultery? Joseph sure thought that. Maybe that is why you think that Miriam was a sinner. I do not believe in "Original Sin" so I do not think that was it either. So where did she sin?

Does the Vatican overrule God's Word the Bible?
Christ said to Peter "I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven; whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven." Now the Catholic Church's lineage to Peter is questionable and since Peter's leadership of the Apostles was turned over to James, who was not one of the twelve chosen Apostles...the plot thickens. But for sure the Protestants have zero lineage in that respect. 30,000 Protestant denominations...so what Christ said, does it pertain to any Church now? Is this statement of no effect now? That there is no Christian authority now? Maybe? Is that good?

The Bible? We call it the Holy Bible, but can any inanimate object be holy? If Christ would have returned soon we would not be having this conversation. The writers of the Bible testified that they were living in that last days...time was short...the word quickly used in Revelation. The theme of the Christian message was based on Christ returning soon. What does the Bible say about such things if they do not come true?

There is always questions, but faith hurdles those questions. So as it is with Miriam. The Apostles were eyewitnesses of Christ...so they had confidence. The Bible is not going say a lot about Miriam, her story continued on after the biblical era. Thousands of eyewitnesses, of which I am one. She is so pure that being in her presence makes you feel pure to the core. How do you relate that experience or feeling to others? I do not think you can. But an eyewitness is going to have a certain amount of confidence. Do I think that Miriam is Holy? Yes I do! But that is a chapter of Christian history that the Protestants reject. Their loss.

I have talked with so many Protestants, even on this forum that have such a despicable attitude towards women. It makes me sick. But it does explain their attitude towards Miriam. She does not deserve this distain. It goes to show you that faith can be corrupted by personal attitudes. I am not a Catholic, but I know that Miriam is wonderful because she blessed me with her presence a couple of times.

Last edited:
Reactions: GodsBeloved11

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You have quite the sentence going on there. So you think that Christ's mother was a sinner? The Bible does not say she sinned and it does not say she was sinless. Maybe He went out of His way to find a lady that was a sinner to have His child? We do not know
If she sinned one time she needed Jesus for her Savior. Nowhere does the Bible even hint that Mary was sinless!
No proof whatsoever.
Romans 3:23 (NKJV)
23 All have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,

Yes, even Mary.
What we do know is what the angel said to her....Luke 1:28 "And the angel came in unto her, and said, Hail, thou that art highly favoured, the Lord is with thee: blessed art thou among women."
Do me a favor and find where an angel or God said that about anyone else. What does it mean? He favored sinners? We don't know. We do know that she was engaged or betrothed, and conceived a baby with someone other than Joseph. Is that adultery? Joseph sure thought that. Maybe that is why you think that Miriam was a sinner. I do not believe in "Original Sin" so I do not think that was it either. So where did she sin
ONLY Jesus was sinless.

Hebrews 4:15 (NKJV)
15 For we do not have a High Priest who cannot sympathize with our weaknesses, but was in all points tempted as we are, yet without sin.

Does the Vatican overrule God's Word the Bible?
Christ said to Peter "I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven; whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven." Now the Catholic Church's lineage to Peter is questionable and since Peter's leadership of the Apostles was turned over to James, who was not one of the twelve chosen Apostles...the plot thickens. But for sure the Protestants have zero lineage in that respect. 30,000 Protestant denominations...so what Christ said, does it pertain to any Church now? Is this statement of no effect now? That there is no Christian authority now? Maybe? Is that good?

The Bible? We call it the Holy Bible, but can any inanimate object be holy? If Christ would have returned soon we would not be having this conversation. The writers of the Bible testified that they were living in that last days...time was short...the word quickly used in Revelation. What does the Bible say about such things if they do not come true?

There is always questions, but faith hurdles those questions. So as it is with Miriam. The Apostles were eyewitnesses of Christ...so they had confidence. The Bible is not going say a lot about Miriam, her story continued on after the biblical era. Thousands of eyewitnesses, of which I am one. She is so pure that being in her presence makes you feel pure to the core. How do you relate that experience or feeling to others? I do not think you can. But an eyewitness is going to have a certain amount of confidence. Do I think that Miriam is Holy? Yes I do! But that is a chapter of Christian history that the Protestants reject. Their loss.

I have talked with so many Protestants, even on this forum that have such a despicable attitude towards women. It makes me sick. But it does explain their attitude towards Miriam. She does not deserve this distain. It goes to show you that faith can be corrupted by personal attitudes. I am not a Catholic, but I know that Miriam is wonderful because she blessed me with her presence a couple of times.
Saying Mary was a sinner is not "despicable" towards women. We are all sinners except Jesus. Are you female? If so it sounds like you're playing the victim.

Reactions: GodsBeloved11

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was banned for saying "All lives matter". Anyone else?
Well we all should follow the example that The True God has set for us, especially when he sent his Only Begotten Son to die for mankind so that whoever exercises faith in God's means of saving mankind will be saved no matter who they are. What nation they're from or what culture or what color skin they have doesn't matter as long as they're exercising faith in him.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Saying Mary was a sinner is not "despicable" towards women. We are all sinners except Jesus. Are you female? If so it sounds like you're playing the victim.

LOL I am not a victim. Not sure how you got that out of all that. I am man enough to stand up and defend women. Bible only! So find her sin in the Bible. It is important to believe what is in the Bible and it is important not to insert things into the Bible. So name her sin.

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
LOL I am not a victim. Not sure how you got that out of all that. I am man enough to stand up and defend women. Bible only! So find her sin in the Bible. It is important to believe what is in the Bible and it is important not to insert things into the Bible. So name her sin.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If she sinned one time she needed Jesus for her Savior.

This is a point that I have heard may times in support of her. The Bible does not indicate that she needed saving. No need to believe that her son was the savior and the Son of God....she knew. Was she not saved? Do you think she went to hell?

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is a point that I have heard may time in support of her. The Bible does not indicate that she needed saving.

It does indeed. You have zero proof otherwise.
No need to believe that her son was the savior and the Son of God....she knew. Was she not saved? Do you think she went to hell?
I have no reason to believe that Mary wasn't saved. Jesus was her Savior!

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are you reading my posts at all? Again:

Hebrews 4:15 (NKJV)
15 For we do not have a High Priest who cannot sympathize with our weaknesses, but was in all points tempted as we are, yet without sin.
Yeap I was responding to you pointing out...All have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,
All is all encompassing. So are you saying that these two scriptures are in conflict?